Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2017

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,017 ✭✭✭sReq | uTeK

I raise you TC23

Bebe says hello.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

yeah but whatever, Nani shouldn't have been sold. Could still being doing a creative flairful moment of magic bringing job for us. Jerks.

This, except seriously.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

This, except seriously.

He aint even a regular for valencia nevermind us. Did ok in turkey tho that's about his level now unfortunately. We got this best couple of years from him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

I've never had any feelings of regret when it came to Nani tbh.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

https://twitter.com/Sport_Witness/status/818837916461862913
    #MUFC have apparently got tough over Lindelof, say they won't pay more than €30m. Possibility of deal in summer.

Good.No paying over the odds for players unless they are seen to be worth it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,596 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

It's Nico Gaitan in disguise..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,330 ✭✭✭Dwarf.Shortage

zerks wrote: »
    https://twitter.com/Sport_Witness/status/818837916461862913

Good.No paying over the odds for players unless they are seen to be worth it.

If they were worth it it wouldn't be paying over the odds :)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Really nice article.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2017/01/09/jose-mourinho-ensures-sir-alex-ferguson-influence-endures-manchester/

My favorite bit...
    And it has since emerged that, when Ferguson recently requested permission to travel on the United team coach to an away match, Mourinho assured him that he did not need to ask and could sit anywhere he wanted, including in the seat reserved for the manager. It also transpires that, before United played Middlesbrough at Old Trafford on New Year’s Eve, Mourinho went to seek out Ferguson in a private suite beneath the directors’ box in Old Trafford’s south stand to wish the Scot a happy 75th birthday. As reported by ESPN, Ferguson, now a United director, was hosting at a table he uses to invite guests to games and was understood to have been touched by Mourinho’s gesture.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,992 ✭✭✭paulbok

Lord TSC wrote: »

Rather than having Fergusons legacy as a millstone around his neck, Mourinho is embracing it by the sounds of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 892 ✭✭✭Delboy5

paulbok wrote: »
    Rather than having Fergusons legacy as a millstone around his neck, Mourinho is embracing it by the sounds of it.

Hes massaging Fergies ego to ensure positive comments and less aggro. behind the scenes..

Fergie didnt want Jose in the OT hotseat....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,559 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

Jose has enough confidence in his own ability to not be afraid/hindered by SAF presence around the club.

Delboy5 wrote: »
    Hes massaging Fergies ego to ensure positive comments and less aggro. behind the scenes..

Fergie didnt want Jose in the OT hotseat ....

I love these comments ha absolutely nobody knows what fergie wanted all we know is he picked moyse but we don't know why... Jose has said he was already committed to Chelsea back then.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

has fergie not come out and said that moyes wasnt first chioce. i dont think he ever used the words but he said that pep agreed with bayern and jose agreed to go back to chelsea. i think a few other names were mentioned.

jayo26 wrote: »
    I love these comments ha absolutely nobody knows what fergie wanted all we know is he picked moyse but we don't know why... Jose has said he was already committed to Chelsea back then.

True. Although he suggested in his last book, Leading, that Moyes might not have even been among the first 5-6 names considered for the job...
    SAF wrote:
    "I had dinner with Pep Guardiola in New York in 2012, but couldn't make him any direct proposal because retirement was not on my agenda at that point

He had already won an enviable number of trophies with Barcelona… and I admired him greatly. I asked Pep to phone me before he accepted an offer from another club, but he didn't and wound up joining Bayern Munich in July 2013.

When we started the process of looking for my replacement, we established that several very desirable candidates were unavailable...

It became apparent that Jose Mourinho had given his word to Roman Abramovich that he would return to Chelsea, and that Carlo Ancelotti would succeed him at Real Madrid.

We also knew that Jurgen Klopp was happy at Borussia Dortmund and would be signing a new contract. Meantime, Louis van Gaal had undertaken to lead the Dutch attempt to win the 2014 World Cup.

I understand why critics, particularly in light of the 2013-14 season, say we should have handled the transition better."

Of course there's the possibility that the above words are some kind of retrospective damage limitation on his choice of successor. However, it just doesn't make sense that David Moyes was the manager/club's undisputed choice to take over and that none of the top managers were considered.

SAF: "It's David Moyes."
    GLAZERS: "Shouldn't we at least see if some of the better candidates are available first?"
    SAF: "No, it's David Moyes. He's the ideal man to continue and progress what I have spent the better part of my life building. It's done."

I really believe Moyes was never the first choice for the job. Yes, it's easy for SAF to come out and say the above after Moyes failed, but it's not like his farewell speech in May 2013 could have went: "Your job as fans now is to get behind the new manager...yes, we did try to get someone better, it's all a bit mad, but sure that's the way it's turned out."

• Advertisement

sky88 wrote: »
    has fergie not come out and said that moyes wasnt first chioce. i dont think he ever used the words but he said that pep agreed with bayern and jose agreed to go back to chelsea. i think a few other names were mentioned.

It was in his latest book leader.

The candidates they first went to (and maybe its assuming this was the order, based on how he named them in the book)

Pep - Who he asked to speak to him before taking any offer, but Pep never rang and went to Bayern
    Jose - Who had given his word to Abramovic to go back to Chelsea
    Ancelloti - Who had arrangements in progress to take over Madrid
    Klopp - Who was happy at Dortmund and wouldn't leave
    Van Gaal - Speadheading the dutch World Cup campaign

Surely no one was ever under the illusion that Moyes was first choice, surely?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭fuzzydunlop85

Strong team out tonight according to the bbc with Herrera, Zlatan, Pogba and Valencia set to return. Pray for no injuries.

Strong team out tonight according to the bbc with Herrera, Zlatan, Pogba and Valencia set to return. Pray for no injuries.

I always favour the strong start, and subbing off big guns with the game done and dusted, so lets hope for a rip roaring first half! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,843 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Pray for no injuries.

... and world peace

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭fuzzydunlop85

Nalz wrote: »
    ... and world peace

I'd take a win at the weekend first!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

Is that really so surprising?

Before his appointment, I always objected to the narrative that Mourinho would be a bad appointment for United because he was all about his own ego and would be nothing but a short term appointment, somebody who would look for quick success before moving on leaving a mess in his wake.

I didn't agree and said as much, because everything I saw from Mourinho was that of a man who really wanted the United job, and who wanted it because he thought he could build a real legacy there, that it would be the right club to do far more than squeeze out a title or two.

His recent words and actions concerning Fergie simply reinforce that, he is embracing Fergie and his history because he is embracing the entire club and its history. He has enough personal success not to feel insecure about it, he isn't embracing it because cynical logic says that would be a good move, he is embracing it because he agrees with the traditions of the club and wants to be a part of that history.

So he pays homage to the legends and makes sure his team play "the United way". More and more I think I was right at the start, this manager wants more than 3 years, he wants to be here far longer than that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,402 ✭✭✭xtal191

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,330 ✭✭✭Dwarf.Shortage

Just backed Pogba anytime goal scorer on a PP enhancement and now team suggests he's playing in the deeper role, great.

No Ibra?

Looking forward to seeing Mata, Rashford and Mkhi together.

If ibra is just been rested its a nice bit of faith in rashford to lead the line again I hope he can bag a couple Of goals. Hull team is really down to bare bones.

Edit: Zlatan is ill at least He not injured.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

Just backed Pogba anytime goal scorer on a PP enhancement and now team suggests he's playing in the deeper role, great.

Could be 4-1-4-1 formation. No need to for 2 deep midfielders when we are playing hull at home

Utd will play so far up the pitch that he'll spend plenty of time up around their box, I reckon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

There is a 4/1 special on 888 for Rashers to score more than Ibra tonight.

Stuck €30 on it.

If he can't score more than him when the big fella doesn't play then I will eat my hat.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,217 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

Ander in the Carrick role, a little bit off balance that team but hopefully enough to see off what will surely be an up for it Hull.

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

Rod Munch wrote: »

Stuck €30 on it.

If he can't score more than him when the big fella doesn't play then I will eat my hat.

They may void that since Ibra not in the match squad.

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Advertisement

They may void that since Ibra not in the match squad.

I'm expecting a void tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,406 ✭✭✭Korat

Hull have a massive game on Saturday I'm still not convinced we needed to use anyone we might start next Sunday. I trust Jose knows what he's doing though. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,582 ✭✭✭NoviGlitzko

Korat wrote: »
    Hull have a massive game on Saturday I'm still not convinced we needed to use anyone we might start next Sunday. I trust Jose knows what he's doing though. :)
    My thinking is he doesn't want them to be rusty. Too much time away can be a bad thing as you know. If we are getting the result I expect changes around 45-60 mins.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,999 ✭✭✭Backstreet Moyes

Rod Munch wrote: »

Stuck €30 on it.

Link?

Jose laughing and joking with the interviewer before the game... No longer a broken man so :pac:

He is looking like a broken man alright, I agree with him expecting a tough enough game though. Early goal would open it up a bit imo but I can't see Hull taking too many risks, stay compact, tough to break down etc

https://twitter.com/JPercyTelegraph/status/818902379420651520?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

Really happy with that price, 2m loses on a player not wanted and that has seldomly played in a year and a half, hopefully someone comes in now

22m is a stunning amount for us selling a player we don't want...

astradave wrote: »
    https://twitter.com/JPercyTelegraph/status/818902379420651520?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

Really happy with that price, 2m loses on a player not wanted and that has seldomly played in a year and a half, hopefully someone comes in now

Wait till the details come out I bet we are paying his wages and giving him a new house and paying Everton 10 million if he makes 20 appearances for them.

• Advertisement

Everyone including the media seem sure of a United win tonight. Hope it doesn't come back on us!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,006 ✭✭✭beno619

Lord TSC wrote: »
    22m is a stunning amount for us selling a player we don't want...

It's really not. It's his market value.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,559 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

beno619 wrote: »
    It's really not. It's his market value.

It may be but look at the recent sales .United got taken for a ride with plenty of sales .Evans and Chico should have been sold for several million more.Good to see a proper fee .

Nuts102 wrote: »
    Link?

Its been voided.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,651 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

astradave wrote: »

:(

So disappointed it didn't work out but Morgan was a great pro. All the best to him and I hope he's a beast at Everton

All the empty seats on the Hull bench it looks like the ethihad :):D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

Once again can't finish

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

It's ridiculous how much we have improved

Night and day

It's ridiculous how much we have improved

Night and day

Just need to be more clinical in front of goal we are so wasteful without Zlatan.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,651 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

We have dipped, need to pick it up again

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭newballsplease

10 January 2017.... remember the date

Valencia crossed with his left foot

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement