Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2017

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

Nah Polo. Ashley Young to come off the bench, blatantly dive for a penalty when he was off side already. Rooney to take it, complelty miskick it but still for it to roll over the line for the winner. Then the ref to blow it up with zero extra time.

A thing of beauty.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,582 ✭✭✭NoviGlitzko

Polo_Mint wrote: »
    I wanna see a United off - side goal given on Sunday just for the lols

QONVIyz.gif
    I love that GIF so much and always will. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

An offside penalty against Liverpool in the 100th minute after 1 minute of ET being given after Fellaini has concussed every player on the pitch, including his own teammates, with flying elbows. Scored by Rooney for the record. Hitting the post and ricocheting off the keepers back and not even going fully past the line but the referees watch malfunctions and he incorrectly awards the goal.

The magnum opus.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,582 ✭✭✭NoviGlitzko

100th minute offside penalty awarded and Rooney takes it with the goalkeeper guessing correctly, only for a beach ball being thrown onto the pitch just before he can save. Ball ricochets and lands into the top corner to claim the winner.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

Jose not believing Schneiderlin up to the task has no impact on a new signing.
    jayo26 wrote: »
    I think the problem with Morgan was jose Didn't see him as a proper defensive midfielder

I actually think Jose did rate Morgan and did believe he was up to the task, and that had Morgan knuckled down and put in the work he would have been given chances.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Liverpool have had most Penos in PL history so dont think we get bit of luck on Sunday ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭crkball6

Liverpool have had most Penos in PL history so dont think we get bit of luck on Sunday ;)

Jose should bring this up at the press conference, it's worth a hit of 50k or so. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 527 ✭✭✭Lukekul

This is the goal I would love to score against Liverpool

Arsenal v Burnley

Offside, Handball in extra time :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

I actually think Jose did rate Morgan and did believe he was up to the task, and that had Morgan knuckled down and put in the work he would have been given chances.

I dont think he rated him to do the job where we need him and the likes of ander and Fellaini and pogba are ahead of him further up the pitch.

You guys are all sickos :P I'd take a 6-0 victory if if it was going tbh and a hatrick for Zlantan and Pogba

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

You guys are all sickos :P I'd take a 6-0 victory if if it was going tbh and a hatrick for Zlantan and Pogba

I'd probably take a draw now if I was offered tbh. Live to fight another day and all that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

I wouldn't take a draw now, I want to see what the team is made of. If we have to lose to find out so be it, another loss and we'll find it very very hard to scrape 4th though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,026 ✭✭✭duffman13

Jayop wrote: »
    I'd probably take a draw now if I was offered tbh. Live to fight another day and all that.

Na bollocks, we need a win to keep the pressure on and we are at home

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,017 ✭✭✭sReq | uTeK

duffman13 wrote: »
    Na bollocks, we need a win to keep the pressure on and we are at home

Exactly 10 in a row. It's time people started to fear us again and not the other way around.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,425 ✭✭✭secman

A dominant 2 nil victory, no ifs buts or ask me arse victory, a proper tails between the legs jobbie. :)

I wouldn't take a draw now, I want to see what the team is made of. If we have to lose to find out so be it, another loss and we'll find it very very hard to scrape 4th though.

I want to see what the team is made of too, but one loss will not be the difference between top 4 or not. If the margins are that fine we are done anyway, because fact is we are going to lose again at some point.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Do I have a vague recollection of him being the solution to all our problems but then he blew his knee out or is that someone else?

That was him. Ferguson had been scouting him and he went down the pecking order when Moyes arrived and was after Fabregas and Kroos.

When Van Gaal arrived he seemingly had him as a top target(he was crucial to Van Gaal for the WC qualifying campaign) but then he had a relapse of his injury ruling him out for ages, so that was canned.

He was making some serious waves before that injury. I think we might get bogged down in "Carrick replacements" but Strootman was on a trajectory to just be a seriously top midfielder. And he's been showing glimpses by all accounts he's slowly getting back there.

Likely still being monitored by the club I'd imagine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Jayop wrote: »

Thinking like that justified the away performance.....

This is a Liverpool side that has no squad depth, just through the Christmas roster, their talisman just returning from injury(so would be rusty as ****), missing Sane and still operating with that ropey defence.

I'd be disappointed if we didn't win, bar some extreme circumstance or scenario in the match.

I won't use this as a precursor for a Mourinho bash if it doesn't happen, but I'd be pretty comfortable in assuming the team will operate as it has been, and play in the way it has.

I'd be massively surprised after what was some clear "pumping up" comments after last night from Mourinho, if he went down the path of trying to contain Liverpool at home.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,469 ✭✭✭LeeJM

http://www.thefa.com/news/2017/jan/11/manchester-city-charged-fa-rules-anti-doping

Another Pep team link to a drug test failure. Where there is smoke..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

LeeJM wrote: »
    http://www.thefa.com/news/2017/jan/11/manchester-city-charged-fa-rules-anti-doping

Pep knows all about failing drug tests...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,596 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

LeeJM wrote: »

this is what they have allegedly breached
    14. Club whereabouts information:
    (a) All Clubs must furnish The FA upon request with any whereabouts information The FA requires from time to time in respect of any Players who are not IRTP Players or NRTP Players. That information shall include as a minimum:
    (i) training dates;
    (ii) start and finish times of training;
    (iii) the address at which such training will take place; and
    (iv) the home address for a Player and any other address at which a Player regularly resides overnight.

(b) The FA (whether through the Anti-Doping Unit or otherwise) may issue directions from time to time about:
    (i) the type of whereabouts information to be submitted by Clubs; and/or
    (ii) the manner and time frame in which such whereabouts information must be submitted.

(c) It shall be a breach of this Regulation 14 for a Club to fail to provide regular details of the times, dates and venues of the Club’s training sessions in the manner directed by The FA.

(d) It shall also be a breach of this Regulation 14 by the Club if the information contained in such reports is either initially inaccurate or has not been updated by the Club as necessary to ensure it remains accurate.

They be nothing in it I'd hate to see to see such a likeable club in trouble over an administration error :D:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,469 ✭✭✭LeeJM

Ah I know its only a small breach. I just think its hilarious that within 7 months of Pep being at the club City are charged with breaking anti-doping laws. Its actually delicious.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

Recent City team photo makes much more sense now.

L - R

ad_197451922-e1457367094605.jpg?quality=80&strip=all&strip=all

Stones, DeBruyne, Pep, Gundogen, Silva.

Its a sight what spare time and lots of money can do to a fella.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,406 ✭✭✭Korat

An amazing stat considering their relatively mediocre league performances since the PL began.

I could understand if it was Arsenal, they've at least won league titles, they're always among the best sides in the league and their style of play puts them in the danger zone more often than most teams.

Rather than a grand conspiracy in favour of LFC I've always thought it might be because most referees grew up in an era when Liverpool were the dominant team and are subconsciously programmed to give them the benefit of the doubt when one of their players falls over in the box.

If I'm right the recent trend of anti-Utd refs will end soon and abruptly. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 507 ✭✭✭MuPpItJoCkEy

brinty wrote: »
    anything to be said for trying to get William Carvalho in!!!!!!!
    he's portugese and and his agent is that guy mendes that brought in that jose guy who is over us
    nah silly me!!!!!
    i'm an idiot!!!

I said this last night and asked what people would think of him coming but nobody acknowledged.

William Carvalho would be brilliant if you ask me.

Great passer, big and strong, can beat players, seems to play intelligently and has a release clause of £35m (although he is no longer with agent Jorge Mendes) which I think would be a bargin and can be a longterm replacement for Carrick as he's only 24 or so.

Korat wrote: »
    An amazing stat considering their relatively mediocre league performances since the PL began.

I could understand if it was Arsenal, they've at least won league titles, they're always among the best sides in the league and their style of play puts them in the danger zone more often than most teams.

Rather than a grand conspiracy in favour of LFC I've always thought it might be because most referees grew up in an era when Liverpool were the dominant team and are subconsciously programmed to give them the benefit of the doubt when one of their players falls over in the box.

If I'm right the recent trend of anti-Utd refs will end soon and abruptly. :)

Ah sure few Liverpool refs have reffed Liverpool games in past so be expected.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,754 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

I just hope we don't get Mike Dean whenever we play Spurs.

I find that video hilarious.

RobertKK wrote: »
    I just hope we don't get Mike Dean whenever we play Spurs.

I find that video hilarious.

I kinda wish he did that for us just for the uproar it would create.

I kinda wish he did that for us just for the uproar it would create.

just for lolz

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,519 ✭✭✭Flint Fredstone

I'm telling you lads, nothing wrong with Liverpool's defence... nothing at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,843 ✭✭✭GSPfan

What happened, only turning it on now?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,389 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

GSPfan wrote: »
    What happened, only turning it on now?

Klavan went out for a ball, left a big hole behind him and completely missed the flight of the ball. Individual error again.

emmetkenny wrote: »
    Klavan went out for a ball, left a big hole behind him and completely missed the flight of the ball. Individual error again.

That's what happens when you don't have good defenders.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,843 ✭✭✭GSPfan

Popped into the Pool match thread for a read and I got flashbacks of the last two years. Complaints about lots of possession, slow attacking, followed by bad defending, and chances for opposition.

We couldn't be playing them at a better time. Hopefully a good 2-0 scoreline on Sunday to move us within spitting distance of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,406 ✭✭✭Korat

I'm telling you lads, nothing wrong with Liverpool's defence... nothing at all.

We should all be very sceptical...

https://youtu.be/t0OVpyvey4U?t=20s

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,017 ✭✭✭sReq | uTeK

GSPfan wrote: »
    Popped into the Pool match thread for a read and I got flashbacks of the last two years. Complaints about lots of possession, slow attacking, followed by bad defending, and chances for opposition.

We couldn't be playing them at a better time. Hopefully a good 2-0 scoreline on Sunday to move us within spitting distance of them.

They're all over the place, Origi, Mane and Couthino = all their pace gone, their press is non existent and the defending is dreadful.

If this is how they play against us (Which they won't) we will batter them.

That's what happens when you don't have good defenders.

Well Klavan was signed to be fourth choice with Gomez. Sahko fell out with Klopp so won't play for Liverpool again and Matip is injured so we're down to Klavan now.

Well Klavan was signed to be fourth choice with Gomez. Sahko fell out with Klopp so won't play for Liverpool again and Matip is injured so we're down to Klavan now.

Liverpool don't have a good defence. Whatever combo gets put out there every week never looks like a good defence.

There's no point in even mentioning players that are unavailable.

Well Klavan was signed to be fourth choice with Gomez.

Always hated this argument, he wasn't signed to be fourth choice, he was signed to be a defensive option for Liverpool football club. And if he wasn't good enough to do that then why did you sign him?

Its some sort of nonsense to say "well he doesn't have to be good, he was only bought to be fourth choice" because thats not how it works.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Neither Rojo or jones started the season as first choice... they were both 4th/5th.. if you want to win leagues you don't sign players who aren't good enough to start. You sign players who are and get them
    To fight it out amongst themselfs..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,136 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

It doesnt matter what way there playing Sunday will be there biggest match of the season they will give us a game.

I really dont care if there form has been sketchy lately and we have been better means **** all on the day cause the ***** always turn up in these kinds of situations when you think there all over the place.

i think United have a great chance on Sunday a lot more so then they did in the first match but i never feel comfortable going into these games based on what ive seen in them over the years who ****ing knows what could happen!

MrMac84 wrote: »
    Neither Rojo or jones started the season as first choice... they were both 4th/5th.. if you want to win leagues you don't sign players who aren't good enough to start. You sign players who are and get them
    To fight it out amongst themselfs..

But are Rojo and Jones as good as Bailey and Smaling? I would have said Bailey is your best CB and many in here last season were saying Smalling is one of the best young CB in Europe.

Jones and Rojo have just clicked and make a strong partnership and I don't see them being changed anytime soon.

Always hated this argument, he wasn't signed to be fourth choice, he was signed to be a defensive option for Liverpool football club. And if he wasn't good enough to do that then why did you sign him?

Its some sort of nonsense to say "well he doesn't have to be good, he was only bought to be fourth choice" because thats not how it works.

He's an option for the manager but for Liverpool fans I'd doubt you'd find many that would think he was coming in to play ahead of Matip, Shako or Lovern.

Same with any fans really, we tend to rank players in our own mind in who is first, second and third choice for any position.

But are Rojo and Jones as good as Bailey and Smaling? I would have said Bailey is your best CB and many in here last season were saying Smalling is one of the best you CB in Europe.

Jones and Rojo have just clicked and make a strong partnership and I don't see them being changed anytime soon.

You can only go on current form and that's rojo and jones. On paper our best two is Jones and Bailey in my opinion but form and fitness changes everything.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,225 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

People are exaggerating their defensive problems. I'm more worried about the fact that they've scored almost 20 goals more than us.

They concede a few, yeah, but they're more than capable of rectifying those mistakes.

jayo26 wrote: »
    You can only go on current form and that's rojo and jones. On paper our best two is Jones and Bailey in my opinion but form and fitness changes everything.

I always thought Jones was very good, shame about the injuries. Plus he makes some great faces when playing :D

I always thought Jones was very good, shame about the injuries. Plus he makes some great faces when playing :D

Its always been the injuries with Jones he has put in some good performances for us over the years when had a run in the team the faces are just a bonus.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,648 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

We need to be beating this Southampton 2.0 team at the weekend

• Advertisement

He's an option for the manager but for Liverpool fans I'd doubt you'd find many that would think he was coming in to play ahead of Matip, Shako or Lovern.

Same with any fans really, we tend to rank players in our own mind in who is first, second and third choice for any position.

Thats not the point and doesn't refute what I said at all.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement