Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2017

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,026 ✭✭✭duffman13

Mkhitaryan owning the December goal of the month votes, hopefully gets a candidate for this months on Sunday

nzvSSMg.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

jayo26 wrote: »

Will probably see more of this threw out the day love Zlatan he looks great craic.

"Now leave the stage" :D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

TheDoc wrote: »
    An entire sub-forum would be slack. Threads going idle and dead and the discussion being fractured.

What I like about this format, a super thread, is that typically a topic "catches" on, and EVERYONE is on that topic for however long it runs.

It all feels really natural and the flow is great.

Thats all good and I agree until moaners come in and complain about same topic going on for ages or for people talking about plains and trains.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

Rod Munch wrote: »
    Darmian seems to be happy enough to not have a nailed down spot. He can cover both FB slots and could prolly cover centre half too. We need utility players so IMO he is worth more to us than we would get from a transfer fee.

i think Darmian is more suited to a 3 man defence. i dont know why he just seems he would suit it better with his style.

think hes grand cover for left back and not much difference between him and valencia on the right.

i think the main problem with all the full backs at the club is they get into great postions all the time but the delivery is consistently poor from all the full backs.

Thats all good and I agree until moaners come in and complain about same topic going on for ages or for people talking about plains and trains.

As long as you didn't say anything about tractors, we're OK :P

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    As long as you didn't say anything about tractors, we're OK :P

Forgot them haha

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Sounds like Jose is lining up Rooney sub to score the winner against Liverpool in the 87th
    Boom

Gary reading my posts again
    Phil must have tipped him off

https://twitter.com/SirMatthewBusby/status/819834638009073664

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

As a United fan, my dream scenario is a 7-0 drubbing of them. My heart couldn't take a tight game like that :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,596 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

sky88 wrote: »
    i think Darmian is more suited to a 3 man defence. i dont know why he just seems he would suit it better with his style.

think hes grand cover for left back and not much difference between him and valencia on the right.

i think the main problem with all the full backs at the club is they get into great postions all the time but the delivery is consistently poor from all the full backs.

He is suited to it. He plays RCB for Italy when he plays in the 3 man defence

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

Zlatan got pl player of the month

• Registered Users Posts: 1,161 ✭✭✭jharr100

Zlatan is a legend .. no player since Cantona has put such a broad smile across my face. Absolutely love the guy .

• Registered Users Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭Potential Underachiever

Hococop wrote: »
    Zlatan got pl player of the month

Fair play to him, he's proved his critics (in this thread) wrong, he's came back well from costing yous points and people calling for Rashford to start ahead of him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,519 ✭✭✭Flint Fredstone

Fair play to him, he's proved his critics (in this thread) wrong, he's came back well from costing yous points and people calling for Rashford to start ahead of him.

Fair play to you to get so many passive aggressive digs in a post that started out praising Zlatan... you did well for the first 4 words.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,948 ✭✭✭0gac3yjefb5sv7

Lol, *pat's you on the head*

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,830 ✭✭✭Cookie_Dough

I don't remember people calling for Rashford to start ahead of him but maybe I missed something...Also I would've said the defence "cost" us games with all the late goals conceded for the draws. But anyway..Zlatan is playing great at the moment so fully deserved POTM. Long may his goalscoring form continue

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭Polo_Mint

I don't remember people calling for Rashford to start ahead of him but maybe I missed something...Also I would've said the defence "cost" us games with all the late goals conceded for the draws. But anyway..Zlatan is playing great at the moment so fully deserved POTM. Long may his goalscoring form continue

I think alot of people ( Including myself) expected Rashford to start along side Zlatan.

Im happy with how it is now anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭Potential Underachiever

Maybe they weren't specifically calling for Rashford, but many wanted him dropped because he was missing too many chances during that draw streak yous went on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,075 ✭✭✭IamtheWalrus

He has reminded this club of the standards it has set for itself. Up until now, the club has been a post-Fergie embarrassment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,559 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

Poor effort 1/10

Take the potential out of your username.

• Advertisement

Moving on from a very poor attempt to wind up the thread :D

Looks like Lyon are defo gonna push for the Memphis transfer

https://twitter.com/SimonPeach/status/819896766711681024

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

Zlatans contributions to date have been unbelievable.

When he signed I would have been happy to get 20 to 25 goals in all comps.

He is on track to smash that and that is taking into account a drought he had for a number of games.

Phenomenal stats from a phenomenal athlete.

Rojo and Zlatan should be fit for Sunday and jose thinks he is calmer then klopp :D you little troll jose...

Says no acceptable offer in for memphis.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,754 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Zlatan speaking to Sky Sports:

'I have no problem [with the criticism] because I went through this my whole career, this is something that triggers me, gives me energy.

'People talking about me, saying "you're dead, you're this, that", ex-players talking, and I don't even remember them when they were playing. But one thing for sure is they will remember me for the rest of their lives.

'After many years of talks like "he can never make it in the Premier League, he can never make it there", I had my little adventure going around different countries, and when they felt it was most difficult for me, I chose to come.

'Let's say a person in my position would take the easiest way, go abroad, make money in China, or the other side and settle down with the career he had, I choose not, I took the challenge, accepted the challenge, and that's what I chose.
    'That's why I chose United also, in a situation where they struggled for the last four or five years, and if I can finish the task to bring them to the top, I will be more than happy.

'I don't like the easy task, the easy job, the easy objectives, I always had it hard wherever I went. I needed to do much more than the other ones, and that's how I see it here, at the age of 35, people said it would be impossible but I am doing what I am able to do.'
    'I am working hard, I like the hard work, I am very happy that I am from the old generation, the hard-working generation.

'I believe the new generation, let's say it's a bit easier for them, because they get explored in the media in a different way, much bigger, much faster than when I popped up in the football world.

'I met team-mates, played with different teams, and they worked hard to get what they got and achieve.
    'I don't want to say it's totally different, but I don't see the same hard-working thing today when I see the new generation, because like you say, when I come I like to work hard, and when I work hard I am satisfied.

'I know I am doing something good, but for myself, not for somebody else to say: "Oh Ibra you are working hard".'

I had this perception of Zlatan before he came, that he was arrogant, a bit up his own arse, a bit too much work made about him. But the reality is now that we see a lot more of him and doing interviews and playing - he is fun, down to earth, the arrogance is fun, a true professional and a winner. He has become one of my favourite players.
    I think the example he shows the younger players is something they can learn a lot from - hard work, dedication and a strong mentality that only accepts winning - which seems to be similar to the traits Pogba has, which can only give one a lot of hope.
    Apart from bringing in top talent, Jose also brought in the mentality that the club was missing, a winning mentality with big fun characters who work hard.

Haven't listened to this yet but might be interesting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

jharr100 wrote: »
    Zlatan is a legend .. no player since Cantona has put such a broad smile across my face. Absolutely love the guy .

Proper howled during the week when he brushed of a question about catching Costa.

Saying he's only focusing now on the league title, as he conquered England already and it only took him three months.

Baller

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

astradave wrote: »

I know its a small thing, but cool to see him deal with it like that, and being light hearted about it.

A happy Mourinho is a dangerous Mourinho to everyone else, and brilliant for us :) Glad to see he's in this sort of mood and mindset. That's the Jose that builds unbreakable bonds and loyalty with his squad, not the scowling one.

Thanks Jayo26, that was interesting.

It is hard to not love Pogba.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

https://twitter.com/HenrikhMkh/status/819902485066371073

Classy from Mkhitaryan, really nice touch.

• Advertisement

If any of ye have access to bein sport keys and gray are doing a bit of a feature on Zlatan when he was younger.

Wow just see the lads on bein saying it was 3 times this season that city have breached the same rule about failure to update players whereabouts thats crazy amateur.

Wow just see the lads on bein saying it was 3 times this season that city have breached the same rule about failure to update players whereabouts thats crazy amateur.

It might not have been amateur...

RobertKK wrote: »
    It might not have been amateur...

Well I'm not gonna say that but eitherway it's shocking that they have been allowed get away with it so much.

Its turns out its not as simple as paperwork it's basically the players weren't where the club said they would be for out of competition drug tests.

now im not saying that they are doing anything that wrong as far as players are all on drugs or anything but Rio got a nine month ban for missing a drug test it's mad that they ban an individual but if the team takes the blame it's not mentioned until the third time and its still only a fine.

1hloh3.jpg

Just watching the Zlatan and Pogs interviews, along with Jose's presser, the one thing that really strikes me is that there is a massive feel good factor back at the club and among the squad.

Its been absent since Fergie left and is just brilliant to see.

Sunday will be the first real test since Spurs.

We've been on a great run but as I've said previously, its mostly been against teams that United should be beating.

We've stuttered a bit in places and have to be more clinical in front of goal.

We've gotten away with it against the "smaller" teams but the Scouse are an altogether more dangerous proposition.

Hoping for a comfortable win but will take an ugly, scrappy, park the bus win too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

When the truth does come out be it tomorrow, next week, year or decade it will rock like no other story.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

When the truth does come out be it tomorrow, next week, year or decade it will rock like no other story.

When the truth comes out millions of people will say "I told you so".

Apparently we aren't allowed to say it on here but I think most people have a certain opinion relating to Pep and his methods of increasing performance.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,161 ✭✭✭jharr100

When the truth comes out millions of people will say "I told you so".

Apparently we aren't allowed to say it on here but I think most people have a certain opinion relating to Pep and his methods of increasing performance.

"Drugs don't make you pass better"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,767 ✭✭✭✭Leroy42

jharr100 wrote: »
    "Drugs don't make you pass better"

Yeah, sure you'd wonder why they fitness train at all since it makes to difference to how you pass!

There is talk of a bust up between Conte and Costa, and Costa will not play against Leicester.
    Not sure if true, but that is the chatter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

There is talk of a bust up between Conte and Costa, and Costa will not play against Leicester.
    Not sure if true, but that is the chatter.

Hopefully he moves to China this month

https://twitter.com/TeleFootball/status/819972852967424002

Meanwhile Jose got a severance package of £8 million when Chelsea sacked him, a third of what he got the first time they sacked him.
    Must be nice to get sacked by Chelsea.

https://twitter.com/TeleFootball/status/819978291306229761

bangkok wrote: »

Move to Atletico as replacement for Griezmann.

:D

• Advertisement

I'm looking forward to being told it was all just an oral dosage of double pivot

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Chelsea losing Costa would be a massive blow to them at this point.

So ****ing brilliant for everyone else wanting a title shot...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭mewe

612bfdb6d3a1df50a3e619097d89e60b95f2a3340a2c4d705b31fdbfd0ea7a0d.jpg

bangkok wrote: »

I can see why he is sulking, the Chinese offering him £30 million a season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,476 ✭✭✭Comic Book Guy

Heading over tomorrow for my first game v Liverpool. What pubs should I look out for Sunday before the game?

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement