Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2017

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,948 ✭✭✭0gac3yjefb5sv7

Heading over tomorrow for my first game v Liverpool. What pubs should I look out for Sunday before the game?

Bishop's Blaize! Insane. There is a queue though usually.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Heading over tomorrow for my first game v Liverpool. What pubs should I look out for Sunday before the game?

Heading over myself the bishops blaize is one of the best for atmosphere around old Trafford or the Trafford bar is decent too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

jayo26 wrote: »
    Heading over myself the bishops blaize is one of the best for atmosphere around old Trafford or the Trafford bar is decent too.

I prefer Sam Platts although it might be a bit cold to be in the courtyard where all the singing and chants go on,haven't been in The Trafford Bar in years.The Bishop's Blaize is good craic but get there early.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,330 ✭✭✭Dwarf.Shortage

UTD for the league and Ireland for the 6N's is the most attractive 60/1 bet I've came across, might throw €20 on it tomorrow morning.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,948 ✭✭✭0gac3yjefb5sv7

G Nevilles hotel is ok to see but no atmosphere

zerks wrote: »
    I prefer Sam Platts although it might be a bit cold to be in the courtyard where all the singing and chants go on,haven't been in The Trafford Bar in years.

Trafford bar dont have much chants but it's easier for beers and general match chat.

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Chelsea losing Costa would be a massive blow to them at this point.

So ****ing brilliant for everyone else wanting a title shot...

https://twitter.com/FootieWriter/status/819976373653700609

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Bishops Blaize... take a look on YouTube at it... try and get there early and think it's a pound in.... if it's your first time you'll spend a few hours there's easy! Watch out for Pete Boyle from MUTV and the mad Chinese fela..... I'll say no more as you'll know who he is when you see him

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,596 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

Feigning injury to get a transfer to bleedin China.. Oscar must have been on the blower

MrMac84 wrote: »
    Bishops Blaize... take a look on YouTube at it... try and get there early and think it's a pound in.... if it's your first time you'll spend a few hours there's easy! Watch out for Pete Boyle from MUTV and the mad Chinese fela..... I'll say no more as you'll know who he is when you see him

The first time I went to a United v 'Pool game we were drinking at the top of Matt Busby Way.The away fans coaches came down the road and were bottled-none of the Irish lads took part,smart enough not to waste good beer on scousers.:pac::pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,225 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Idiotic if true. He would still be highly desired by China in the summer, maybe even more so if he gets the golden boot and wins the league.

Blinded by dollar signs. Or yen. Whatever they use in China.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

will do some serious damage to Chelsea if it happens, here's hoping. Very slim chance they'll cope without him.

Its funny after costa only saying a few weeks ago its easy play well when you like your manager

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,640 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

If we loose Sunday, I hope Costa stays

We win, hope he goes

lol

• Registered Users Posts: 33,754 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Bigger news than Costa...Pogba!!!

https://twitter.com/paulpogba/status/819953071157641220

So on twitter if you do #Pogba you get a Pogba emoji.

Twitter want some of the United action, they know...he is the first player to get his own emoji on twitter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

if costa does go to china and they get massive money for him, 80m is the price they seem to be willing to pay, that will be 140m for 2 players in this transfer window. you would have to make chelsea favourites to sign greizemann as they will just outbid everybody including ourselves to make a statement

• Registered Users Posts: 33,754 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

bangkok wrote: »
    if costa does go to china and they get massive money for him, 80m is the price they seem to be willing to pay, that will be 140m for 2 players in this transfer window. you would have to make chelsea favourites to sign greizemann as they will just outbid everybody including ourselves to make a statement

They are rebuilding Stamford Bridge for anything up to £750 million.

Griezmann said he would like to play club football with Pogba. He will not go to Chelsea.

RobertKK wrote: »
    They are rebuilding Stamford Bridge for anything up to £750 million.

Griezmann said he would like to play club football with Pogba. He will not go to Chelsea.

Andy gray was saying earlier that roman wasn't paying for the stadium so that's a fair pint too.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,054 ✭✭✭wanderer100

If Griezmann ever comes to the PL, I just can't see him going to any other club than us, especially with Pogba and even Martial at our club. I think next summer he is ours :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,161 ✭✭✭jharr100

Bertie and Paddy on MUTV ...

jharr100 wrote: »
    Bertie and Paddy on MUTV ...

Ah,you're alright.I'll pass.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,843 ✭✭✭GSPfan

Rod Munch wrote: »
    1hloh3.jpg

Fook me. I just seen this and broke out laughing. Still chuckling. Thanks for that.

Griezmann has a release clause so outbidding will only work on Wages and i reckon we could match anything that they could put forward. Supposedly this is coming up on the same day that a Belgian Journalist stated that Lukaku still dreams of playing for Chelsea.

This Diego Costa thing is unreal. Why would he do this in the middle of an unbelievable season where he has a great chance of winning the league. The money will be there come April too im sure. Could have just waited maybe.

This is brilliant for us. Im convinced Leicester can beat them and that was before all this. If it all goes our way with a few teams above us losing and us winning then you'd be realistically thinking we can win the league. If all teams are equal going into the last ten games I think Jose wins us the league.

will do some serious damage to Chelsea if it happens, here's hoping. Very slim chance they'll cope without him.

cant see chelsea letting him go in january unless they have a replacement lined up. if we beat liverpool and chelsea win, they will be well clear of everyone and if a mad offer did come in for him, 80m and they did sell, i think Lukaku would go back there and they will do just about enough to get over the line

• Advertisement

cant see chelsea letting him go in january unless they have a replacement lined up. if we beat liverpool and chelsea win, they will be well clear of everyone and if a mad offer did come in for him, 80m and they did sell, i think Lukaku would go back there and they will do just about enough to get over the line

At least credit me as the source of your info :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,136 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Where not winning the league this year lads. Costa or no Costa its not happening.

It would take one of the most epic **** ups / luck for all the teams above us to self destruct and for us to keep the run where on right now till end season.

astradave wrote: »
    At least credit me as the source of your info :D

Did you contribute to Lukaku's Wikipedia page??

• Advertisement

Where not winning the league this year lads. Costa or no Costa its not happening.

It would take one of the most epic **** ups / luck for all the teams above us to self destruct and for us to keep the run where on right now till end season.

No it wont. We are only hoping for Chelsea to fook up and its starting to unravel for them right now. Everyone else is within touching distance and we are the form team.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,136 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

GSPfan wrote: »
    No it wont. We are only hoping for Chelsea to fook up and its starting to unravel for them right now. Everyone else is within touching distance and we are the form team.

All it takes is a bad result on Sunday and where fighting for top four again.

Yehh zerks just did a zerks :)

Hey,at least I asked.

I could have read back through the thread but..............

200.gif#15

Fook me. I just seen this and broke out laughing. Still chuckling. Thanks for that.

Peptide Guardiola.

481034e5c0a43da958eb693380e42dca.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭limnam

Sorry if I'm out of touch lads.

What happened to Friday night football?

I can only remember 2 or 3 games on a Friday night, did they stop doing it or?

limnam wrote: »
    Sorry if I'm out of touch lads.

What happened to Friday night football?

I can only remember 2 or 3 games on a Friday night, did they stop doing it or?

They only ment to be about 10 over the whole season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,217 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

Costa story seems to be bollix anyway

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

Huh?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭limnam

Chinese whispers I'd say :pac:

• Advertisement

Huh?

Check the Chelsea thread but he has insta tweeted come on Chelsea and some reporter says he has trained.

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

Check the Chelsea thread but he has insta tweeted come on Chelsea and some reporter says he has trained.

While I get that he has Instagrammed "come on Chelsea" I don't think it's all a load of bollox tbh. I really don't think the BBC would run this story if there was nothing behind it.

http://m.bbc.com/sport/football/38617783

he has still been dropped from the squad

astradave wrote: »
    While I get that he has Instagrammed "come on Chelsea" I don't think it's all a load of bollox tbh. I really don't think the BBC would run this story if there was nothing behind it.

http://m.bbc.com/sport/football/38617783

Yeh I agree I was just sending him to the source of the op opinion. I think he is reeling in the fans a little but there is something there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,016 ✭✭✭Hulk Hands

Pheonix10 wrote: »
    Bishop's Blaize! Insane. There is a queue though usually.

Im gonna give Red Square, over near Sam Platts a go on Sunday. Atmosphere supposed to be better than the Blaize with more space to move. I'm unsure but can always just pop over to Sam Platts if not

he has still been dropped from the squad

The moon is not even made of cheese though

The moon is not even made of cheese though

huh?

huh?

Google it :)

• Advertisement

Yeh I agree I was just sending him to the source of the op opinion. I think he is reeling in the fans a little but there is something there.

What were the rumours during the week? That he had a bust up with one of the coaches, something to do with fitness? Then that he hadn't trained for the week but it has since been said he has been training.

If he did have a bust up with the coach and said something he shouldn't or acted in a way he shouldn't I would be putting his omission from the match day squad (he was included in the prov squad) as a matter of internal club discipline.

Conte is a stern taskmaster and would have no trouble dropping him if he felt he had breached his rules. I didn't read the BBC link yet but will as I would respect their take on it but it doesn't look like too much is wrong to me if he has been training and is publicly putting out messages of support for the club.

Time will tell I suppose but Costa to China would be bizarre at this stage, in the summer? Maybe but right now seems very unlikely surely?

Edit: Yeah so the bbc have the falling out with a coach thing (not Conte) looking more like an internal club discipline matter?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement