Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2017

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,330 ✭✭✭Dwarf.Shortage

jayo26 wrote: »

"Luxury player"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

De Bruyne 42 in 56 =0.75
    Mata 145 in 259 =0.56
    Ozil 74 in 139 =0.53
    Silva 137 in 276 =0.50
    Eriksen 68 in 147 =0.46
    Continho 68 in 158 =0.43

I doubt De Bruyne will sustain that level of output, will be a special player if he does, Mata is lethal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,017 ✭✭✭sReq | uTeK

Right. Just brought Juan Mata back into my FF

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

Mikhi will feature / start in the EL match this Thursday apparently.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,765 ✭✭✭✭Leroy42

Not exactly a ringing endorsement from Jose, saying that Mihki can't handle the pressure.

This is a 26/27 year old with many years of experience, not some 17 year old.

I mean, he must be literally shaking in the dressing room or something to not even get on the bench.

If its true, then for his own sake he needs to get out of OT in January.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,638 ✭✭✭ericzeking

I think the Special Juan may be my favourite player.... And I haven't had a 'favourite player' as such since the King......

Hugs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,830 ✭✭✭Cookie_Dough

Leroy42 wrote: »
    Not exactly a ringing endorsement from Jose, saying that Mihki can't handle the pressure.

This is a 26/27 year old with many years of experience, not some 17 year old.

I mean, he must be literally shaking in the dressing room or something to not even get on the bench.

If its true, then for his own sake he needs to get out of OT in January.

Did Jose say that about him? Maybe he's just trying to "ease" him in or something though having said that we're nearly into December and he's had minimal gametime so what exactly does he need.

tbh I hadn't seen any of Mkhitaryan in Germany other than what was posted here and he hasn't impressed me at all from what I've seen of him in the PL. He hasn't done alot to merit a place so far. I'm sure everyone will disagree.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,511 ✭✭✭VW 1

Leroy42 wrote:

I can only think that its down to his confidence and a lack of playing time.

Throwing him into the city game coupled with a poor 45 mins having not started in some time, perhaps he felt it best not to risk a repeat and to put him in for a start in a less high pressure and focussed game? Ease him in gently as it were.

We presume that Jose is alienating him, for all we know he could have outlined this plan to Mkhitaryan weeks and weeks ago.

soz jayo26
    ruthlessly stole you image of The Chosen Juan

Some news (hopefully this isn't another zerks moment)
    Miki will play in the Uefa cup this week

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    soz jayo26

It is...Saul T. Nutzz posted it earlier this morning....

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

five posts up :P

It is...Saul T. Nutzz posted it earlier this morning....
    Lord TSC wrote: »
    five posts up :P

:o:o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

bangkok wrote: »
    well it looks like Jose has been so impressed with him that United are going to offer him a new 1 year contract.

Watching Carrick live is when you see just how good he is, a lot of his positional play isnt picked up on tv cameras as he is one step ahead of the opposition before they play they pass and he blocks it off. he also allows Pogba more freedom and gives herrera the platform to push on and press as they know Carrick is there to cover

I've only watched United play live once(ermagad fake fan), and it was last season, and Carrick was a thundering disgrace. Schweinsteiger was an absolute world apart.

And I never buy into that terrace stuff, that a couple dozen people in a crowd are the representation of an entire fanbase, but Carrick was getting slaughtered the entire game with comments that actually for once made me feel justified in my critism of him, to hear people who were clearly in the same line of thinking as me.

At the same time, we went to a pub before the game, where a lad in the toilets CLEARLY barred from every football ground in the UK proclaimed to everyone that Carrick is the best and a key component, and no one was going to disagree with him and his jewellery that would make Gold 4 Cash jizz their pants

I'm obviously not going for a "oh well I did see him live" as it was only once, but he was actually a thundering disgrace against a West Brom team who were happy camping their entire team behind the ball.

Mata has been involved in 145 goals since he got to England, for comparison Aguero has been involved in 196. Impressive numbers from the little Spaniard.

Carragher is like a dog with a bone on Mata lately. I see last night on MNF he was pointing out how he is underrated, and we should be talking about one of the best 10's in the league.

I'd be lying if I said I didn't feel in the first Van Gaal season that he was a bit of a luxury, but I've changed entirely in recent times to appreciate that we have a proper big game player who delivers. So many big goals in big games.

Lynch pin player

soz jayo26

To be honest Mourinho pretty much slated him in public, again.

I don't know what the fella is like in training or behind close doors, but this is appearing to be total braindead management from Mourinho.

He is aware the team is ****ing brutal at the moment in terms of scoring goals and killing games, and we have in our squad, a goal/assist machine that for some reason after Mourinho had as a priority signing, has just flung into the river.

It doesn't make any sense. That City performance was entirely not his fault. Playing at home and Mourinho wants to sit deep and counter on City. I'm not surprised if Henrik was confused or unsure, coming from a team that press and are on the front foot all the time.

He needs to sort things out there (Jose). He already has a terrible track record managing flair players especially wide players, and we have a quality player in the ranks that we have utterly squandered first third of the season. We are just upon December and scoring a shocking low amount of goals all things considered.

Problem now is that you won't fit both Henrik and Mata into a 4-3-3, where as you could see both in and being critical to the 4-2-3-1 he was playing.

Nothing infuriates me more then a genuinely quality player being marginalised for absolutely no good (publicly known) reason

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

TheDoc wrote: »
    I've only watched United play live once(ermagad fake fan), and it was last season, and Carrick was a thundering disgrace. Schweinsteiger was an absolute world apart.

And I never buy into that terrace stuff, that a couple dozen people in a crowd are the representation of an entire fanbase, but Carrick was getting slaughtered the entire game with comments that actually for once made me feel justified in my critism of him, to hear people who were clearly in the same line of thinking as me.

At the same time, we went to a pub before the game, where a lad in the toilets CLEARLY barred from every football ground in the UK proclaimed to everyone that Carrick is the best and a key component, and no one was going to disagree with him and his jewellery that would make Gold 4 Cash jizz their pants

I'm obviously not going for a "oh well I did see him live" as it was only once, but he was actually a thundering disgrace against a West Brom team who were happy camping their entire team behind the ball.

"A thundering disgrace" lol

United won the game 2-0 and carrick played his usual game. Might not have been at his brilliant best but he was comfortably a 7/10 performance

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭crkball6

Doc, you don't half type up some amount of rubbish.

If I go to the dodder park on a Sunday and explain to a 16/17yr old who's been playing ball for a few years I want to counter against side X at home and this is what I want you to do. They'll mostly carry it off without issue.

You're trying to suggest that a professional international footballer playing for the biggest club in the world after training all week on a style of play got so confused about how to play he had no first touch and got thrown of the ball at every opportunity because he's confused?

He came on in the Europa league game nearly costs us a goal and does relatively nothing for the rest of the time and again somehow this is all down to Jose's bad management? Roll out the same nonsense about how badly Jose treats "flair" players.

He's all ready clearly explained what's going on. He even gave examples of players he's managed previously that had similar problems to him.

I'm excited to see Miki on the pitch and show us what he can do. But if he's not doing it in training and not doing it when he gets his chances I'm not sure what you want jose to do about it.

This looks like another chance for you to have a pop of Jose and frankly it's getting fairly repetitive

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

Gas lads....

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11667/10667274/manchester-united-fans-sleep-at-old-trafford-before-arsenal-game

I often wonder about all these stories of lads sneaking in to watch the superbowl, ufc, etc. How often do you find a spare seat at at event that will clearly be sold out

Doc's post is hyperbolic but I wouldn't agree with the sentiment that he has gotten a fair chance in the first team bar a poor 45 minutes against city.
    Jose needs to leave him on for a full 90 on Thursday and needs to follow up with a consistent run in the team.
    Whatever is going on in the background there is a good reason for it but I'm not going to specualte on that.

Martial still needs a break IMO and it should be Mikis opportunity to step in

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

v3ttel wrote: »
    Gas lads....

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11667/10667274/manchester-united-fans-sleep-at-old-trafford-before-arsenal-game

I often wonder about all these stories of lads sneaking in to watch the superbowl, ufc, etc. How often do you find a spare seat at at event that will clearly be sold out

I hear ye mate
    best example i can give you is personal experienece.

I had floor tickets for UFC 204 (In Manchester) 14 rows back and at the start of the night we went and sat in the front row. After third fight someone came up and started going nuts that we were in their seats, blah blah blah..
    So we moved into the second row and didn't move thereafter. Had a seat each side of me and the mate i had with me. We were in the middle of Welsh and English rugby players and in the shot for all the prep point area stuff. Now it helped that we were smartly dressed and looked like we should've been there. So it is possible to blag your way in etc!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,006 ✭✭✭beno619

United won the game 2-0 and carrick played his usual game. Might not have been at his brilliant best but he was comfortably a 7/10 performance

I wouldn't pay any attention to an opinion formed over a sample size of one live game.

There's not even an argument to be had, Carrick has proved time & time again to be a key player for us and will be great to have as a option next season.
    Doc's post is hyperbolic but I wouldn't agree with the sentiment that he has gotten a fair chance in the first team bar a poor 45 minutes against city.
    Jose needs to leave him on for a full 90 on Thursday and needs to follow up with a consistent run in the team.
    Whatever is going on in the background there is a good reason for it but I'm not going to specualte on that.

Martial still needs a break IMO and it should be Mikis opportunity to step in

He's been in and out of the team, he doesn't need a break he just needs to pull the finger out.

beno619 wrote: »
    I wouldn't pay any attention to an opinion formed over a sample size of one live game.

There's not even an argument to be had, Carrick has proved time & time again to be a key player for us and will be great to have as a option next season.
    He's been in and out of the team, he doesn't need a break he just needs to pull the finger out.
    In and out of the team in what way? 45 mins in th PL all season? Not exactly in and out of the team.

*Edit*

Beno I literally meant he needs a break as in he needs to be taken out of the team

Like I said, me and you sit opposite ends of the spectrum with him.

crkball6 wrote: »

You're trying to suggest that a professional international footballer playing for the biggest club in the world after training all week on a style of play got so confused about how to play he had no first touch and got thrown of the ball at every opportunity because he's confused?

Mourinho pointed out specific criticism about his performance, and some analysis post match highlighted his clear hesitation/confusion relating to pressing or tucking abck into shape. I believe he was "blamed" by Mourinho for the De Bruyne goal, for not closing down Kolorov who had possesion deep in his own half.

I'm more discussing that stuff, rather then his technical play. The indication of the blame he received was more relating to tactical play then his technical (so I gathered anyway)
    He came on in the Europa league game nearly costs us a goal and does relatively nothing for the rest of the time and again somehow this is all down to Jose's bad management? Roll out the same nonsense about how badly Jose treats "flair" players.
    Which game are we talking about? The one there recently where he came on with us 2-0 down for about 20 minutes?

So Mourinho has absolutely no responsibility here? The club sign a player for £20m+ at the behest of the manager, a manager who it appears was moving parts into place for this signing while he was still out of work, so clearly wants him, and after one bad performance just totally casts him aside?

Also I'd argue it's not nonsense relating to his history with creative wide players. There is a pretty clear trend there. Totally accept some of his former players will obviously absolve themselves of the blame, but he's made a meal of plenty of good players. They don't quickly adapt to his specific demands from wide players(which is typically at odds with most wide players natural instinct) and they are just disappear into the void.

Martial,Rashford,Memphis and Lingaard were highlighted upon his arrival all over the place in discussions here, written pieces or just about every preview on a Mourinho United. Because of his track record and reputation that he has allowed foster. It's not nonsense, as much as you might claim it is.
    He's all ready clearly explained what's going on. He even gave examples of players he's managed previously that had similar problems to him.
    There is clear contradictions going on though. All the indications about the player is he is an utmost proffesional and works incredibly hard and is a fantastic trainer. Claiming that a 27 year old with over 80 appearances for Dortmund in their modern phase is struggling to deal with the demands and expectations doesn't sit with me if I'm honest.

And I doubt the player is going to learn anything from the stands of the bench.

I'd have expected to see him play in the likes of Burnley and Stoke, you know, those teams who will sit deep and try shut us out and hit on the counter. Kinda sounds like the reason we bought him, as Van Gaal teams struggled massively against teams sitting deep, so we bought someone who is intelligent, creative and can weave between the lines.
    I'm excited to see Miki on the pitch and show us what he can do. But if he's not doing it in training and not doing it when he gets his chances I'm not sure what you want jose to do about it.
    I'd argue he is not getting chances. I don't think anyone can say with a straight face he has got anything near a fair chance considering his ability and profile.
    And again there is clearly some contradiction regarding what is going on in training.
    This looks like another chance for you to have a pop of Jose and frankly it's getting fairly repetitive
    What is getting repetitive is me making fair criticism of the manager and getting that ****e thrown at me, again and again and again and again.

I'll stop getting frustrated with the manager when he stops being frustrating and doing things that make absolutely no sense what so ever.

beno619 wrote: »

We were literally talking about one game.....

In and out of the team in what way? 45 mins in th PL all season? Not exactly in and out of the team.

Assume he means Martial and not Henrik M.

Break is a nice way of saying needs to be dropped for playing ****. This keeps up with Martial and got forbid he will get a Memphis reputation about his attitude :rolleyes:

At home to Feyenoord is the best chance Mikki is going to get to impress. He must be 100% fit and raring to go at this point, no excuses.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

where a lad in the toilets CLEARLY barred from every football ground in the UK proclaimed to everyone that Carrick is the best and a key component, and no one was going to disagree with him and his jewellery that would make Gold 4 Cash jizz their pants

This is now how I picture Bangkok.

This is now how I picture Bangkok.

Poor bangkok, you guys give him a very hard time off it
    #amnestyforbangkok...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭Potential Underachiever

Just on Mata and someone who mentioned him being a luxury player sarcastically, it's possible that Jose may think he is, he didn't start against City, Chelsea or Liverpool anyone any hypothesis to why that was?

Just on Mata and someone who mentioned him being a luxury player sarcastically, it's possible that Jose may think he is, he didn't start against City, Chelsea or Liverpool anyone any hypothesis to why that was?

Because Jose hates him with a passion
    Wants him sold
    Rumor has it Mata rode Joses Wife

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭crkball6

Mourinho pointed out specific criticism about his performance, and some analysis post match highlighted his clear hesitation/confusion relating to pressing or tucking abck into shape. I believe he was "blamed" by Mourinho for the De Bruyne goal, for not closing down Kolorov who had possesion deep in his own half.

Why did the player who was shouting at him to close it down know what he was suppose to do, yet miki didn't know what he was suppose to do?

Again, are you suggesting that a professional footballer worth x million is not capable of taking instructions? Or are you choose to believe it's Jose's fault for not giving clear instruction when you have no idea what he was actually told to do ?

Which game are we talking about? The one there recently where he came on with us 2-0 down for about 20 minutes?

Everytime it's pointed out to you x person got x chance you always complain about the amount of minutes or the situation.

What difference does it make? if you get 20 minutes. Do a bloody good job in those 20 minutes. If you do SFA and almost cause another goal, what do you think should happen in the next game? he gets 45? 90?

You seem to be under this impression that people "deserve" chances. no one at this level been paid this amount of money deserves anything. You earn it, every day in training and in every minute you get offered on the pitch and you push your way into the side. As far as I've seen so far he deserves nothing.
    So Mourinho has absolutely no responsibility here? The club sign a player for £20m+ at the behest of the manager, a manager who it appears was moving parts into place for this signing while he was still out of work, so clearly wants him, and after one bad performance just totally casts him aside?

We don't know if that's the case, how come lingard got back in after pretty much the same performance if not worse. Maybe Jose has a thing for dabbing?
    Also I'd argue it's not nonsense relating to his history with creative wide players. There is a pretty clear trend there. Totally accept some of his former players will obviously absolve themselves of the blame, but he's made a meal of plenty of good players. They don't quickly adapt to his specific demands from wide players(which is typically at odds with most wide players natural instinct) and they are just disappear into the void.

Martial,Rashford,Memphis and Lingaard were highlighted upon his arrival all over the place in discussions here, written pieces or just about every preview on a Mourinho United. Because of his track record and reputation that he has allowed foster. It's not nonsense, as much as you might claim it is.

It's not that it's nonsense it just doesn't need to be brought into every discussion regarding Jose's man management. He's masterfully managed a lot more players ans flair players than he has cast out.

If you're not cutting the mustard or not fitting into the plans of a manager it shouldn't matter flair player or not. You either do what your ask and perform or your out this should be the same for any manager and it is. People just like to harp on about it with Jose.
    There is clear contradictions going on though. All the indications about the player is he is an utmost proffesional and works incredibly hard and is a fantastic trainer. Claiming that a 27 year old with over 80 appearances for Dortmund in their modern phase is struggling to deal with the demands and expectations doesn't sit with me if I'm honest.

And I doubt the player is going to learn anything from the stands of the bench.

I'd have expected to see him play in the likes of Burnley and Stoke, you know, those teams who will sit deep and try shut us out and hit on the counter. Kinda sounds like the reason we bought him, as Van Gaal teams struggled massively against teams sitting deep, so we bought someone who is intelligent, creative and can weave between the lines.

What indications? The only things to come out was there wasn't enough intensity in his training. So if someone else said something different, who was it and why does their opinion hold more weight than Jose's?

Again we haven't a fcking clue what's going on in training.
    I'd argue he is not getting chances. I don't think anyone can say with a straight face he has got anything near a fair chance considering his ability and profile.
    And again there is clearly some contradiction regarding what is going on in training.

I'll go back to my point and we covered this with depay. you seem to have this notion that a "chance" is X amount of minutes in X amount of games to be given a chance. To me a chance is any minute you're on the pitch is a chance and again you need to earn these chances and he has the chance to do that every single day in training.

I don't know what he's doing in training more than you do, but what I do know is he's not taking the few chances he's had and his manager doesn't feel he's training hard enough. That's enough for me
    What is getting repetitive is me making fair criticism of the manager and getting that ****e thrown at me, again and again and again and again.

I'll stop getting frustrated with the manager when he stops being frustrating and doing things that make absolutely no sense what so ever.

You're basing this mostly of what he "might" be doing for most of your problems you haven't a clue why he does anything because you don't see the vast majority of what's going on.

Yet he started and scored against Arsenal the weekend and scored the winner in the last game against City.

Yet he started and scored against Arsenal the weekend and scored the winner in the last game against City.

Any reason he didn't start the others? Would he have started against Arsenal if Ibra was available? City game was a cup game were normally reserves get a run out....

But you are getting frustrated about a situation that is clearly, clearly a result of something happening privately, something the public doesn't have full details of. Of course it isn't going to make sense to you, you don't have all the information.

• Advertisement

Wants him sold
    Rumor has it Mata rode Joses WifeDr Eva

FYP M!Ck^

Lord loves a super trooper, fight the good fight and all that lark

Team against City

United: De Gea; Valencia, Blind, Rojo, Shaw; Carrick (c), Herrera; Mata (Schneiderlin 73), Pogba, Rashford (Lingard 81); Ibrahimovic.

At home to Feyenoord is the best chance Mikki is going to get to impress. He must be 100% fit and raring to go at this point, no excuses.

No excuses, but if he does play I wouldn't expect miracles either.

Lord loves a super trooper, fight the good fight and all that lark

Team against City

United: De Gea; Valencia, Blind, Rojo, Shaw; Carrick (c), Herrera; Mata (Schneiderlin 73), Pogba, Rashford (Lingard 81); Ibrahimovic.

That was the cup match was it? If so, I said normally teams field a weak team I know Utd didn't because they were thrashed the game before but still it was with respect a sh1tty cup match, I'm talking league games.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

Wants him sold
    Rumor has it Mata rode Joses Wife

couldnt blame who could turn juan down

• Advertisement

That was the cup match was it? If so, I said normally teams field a weak team I know Utd didn't because they were thrashed the game before but still it was with respect a sh1tty cup match, I'm talking league games.

but why concentrate on league games when you acknowledge José fielded a stronger team? Does that game just not count because it doesn't tie in to your logic?

Further to your previous point he has often played Mata when Ibra played. Ibra has nothing to do with whether he plays. He has played and been chosen ahead of Lingard for example. I can't say why he does or doesn't start certain games, I presume it up to how José wants to approach the game.

I'm sure José hates all those important goals Mata is scoring, terrible altogether

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,519 ✭✭✭Flint Fredstone

Jose seems to like what Fellaini and Lingard offer for games where he is setting up cautiously. Fergie did it with Park and Welbeck among others.

I only ever have sarky replies for people that are never to be seen when their team is doing much sh*tter than United like last season and who take up residence when it's the other way around... so count yourself honoured :pac:

No excuses, but if he does play I wouldn't expect miracles either.

He just needs to put in a hard working performance that will put him in contention for league games, nothing more. It's the least I'd expect of a professional footballer to be honest, and a perfect stage for him to do it on Thursday.

but why concentrate on league games when you acknowledge José fielded a stronger team? Does that game just not count because it doesn't tie in to your logic?

Further to your previous point he has often played Mata when Ibra played. Ibra has nothing to do with whether he plays. He has played and been chosen ahead of Lingard for example. I can't say why he does or doesn't start certain games, I presume it up to how José wants to approach the game.

I'm sure José hates all those important goals Mata is scoring, terrible altogether

League games are far more relevant than Coca Cola Cup matches. It's not certain games though is it? It's seemingly the bigger games. Don't shoot the messenger I'm only asking if people think Jose sees him as a luxury that's all, there does seem to be some evidence suggesting he does.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,519 ✭✭✭Flint Fredstone

1emqy7.jpg

League games are far more relevant than Coca Cola Cup matches. It's not certain games though is it? It's seemingly the bigger games. Don't shoot the messenger I'm only asking if people think Jose sees him as a luxury that's all, there does seem to be some evidence suggesting he does.

I've seen it explained to you a few times today although seeing as you are still using the term coca cola cup I could see why you missed it.

Now read back and stop spamming the thread we have important debates on Carrick and Rooney to have

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

20 years ago today George Weahs cousin played for Southampton ohh what a debut that was.

Anyone got a link to what Jose actually said about Mkhitaryan that was so bad? All I can find in terms of actual quotes is below. These were taken from a Telegraph article where immediately the spin begins with the headline 'Henrikh Mkhitaryan cannot take the pressure, reveals Jose Mourinho'
    Jose wrote:

I told him, 'This [Arsenal] was not the game for you, I don't think you need 10 or 20 minutes from the bench, I think you need a good game and you need to either start or if not to come (on) for the second half'

He needs less pressure and better conditions for him to express his qualities.

Yes (he is getting closer). I told him today that he is going to be involved in the game against Feyenoord. He is trying. Obviously he is not happy but he is transforming his frustration in a good way, which is (to) close the mouth and work hard and try to adapt

Jose speaks the truth. At this stage, and as far back as vs Burnley, Mkhitaryan needed notable minutes, not just 10 minute cameos. For whatever reason, reportedly training and fitness levels, it hasn't happened for him yet. However, Arsenal was not the game to bring him back into the fold in any capacity. Especially not with a succession of mid-week games coming up where Mkhitaryan could be given a game with far less pressure should he deserve a game.

Thankfully, when you read what Jose actually said rather than just the headlines and the spin, it sounds quite promising for Mkhitaryan and that he is deserving of game-time.

The only other actual quote which the Telegraph used in their article was one from Mkhitaryan and it was also positive..."It is true that I get little time on the field, but I am not going to give in. I went a long way to play in Manchester United, so nothing will prevent me from achieving my dream."

In the only instance that the article draws back to his time at Dortmund, it's to point out that he apparently went missing in big games, not mentioning the fact that he had a slow start at Dortmund like at United, which might be more relevant to their article. However, that wouldn't have suited their narrative.

Not that there's nothing to see here, Mkhitaryan's invisibility cloak is bound to attract questions from fans and media alike, but Jose's comments are both truthful and positive no matter what way the papers try to spin them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

That's unreal them quotes from jose its the first time I actually read what he said I was listening to the lads in talksport earlier they made it out like jose had said Miki was not able to handle the pressure playing for united and he needed it to be a sunny day lol it's just typical of the media and fans blow everything out of proportion same as Luke Shaw thing.

And more evidence to suggest he doesn't!! :confused: if he was a luxury player he would have been surplus to requirements so sold. He would also need a rest sometimes. Short answer - no I do not think Mourinho sees him as a "luxury" player.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement