Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2017

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

What were the rumours during the week? That he had a bust up with one of the coaches, something to do with fitness? Then that he hadn't trained for the week but it has since been said he has been training.

If he did have a bust up with the coach and said something he shouldn't or acted in a way he shouldn't I would be putting his omission from the match day squad (he was included in the prov squad) as a matter of internal club discipline.

Conte is a stern taskmaster and would have no trouble dropping him if he felt he had breached his rules. I didn't read the BBC link yet but will as I would respect their take on it but it doesn't look like too much is wrong to me if he has been training and is publicly putting out messages of support for the club.

Time will tell I suppose but Costa to China would be bizarre at this stage, in the summer? Maybe but right now seems very unlikely surely?

there is a 30m a year offer on the table for him. his head has been turned. cant see them selling but you never know

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,217 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

bangkok wrote: »
    A.there is a 30m a year offer on the table for him.B. his head has been turned.C. cant see them selling but you never know

A. Rumour.
    B. Speculation.
    C. Pretty accurate alright but not relevant unless both A and B turn out correct.

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

MrMac84 wrote: »
    Bishops Blaize... take a look on YouTube at it... try and get there early and think it's a pound in.... if it's your first time you'll spend a few hours there's easy! Watch out for Pete Boyle from MUTV and the mad Chinese fela..... I'll say no more as you'll know who he is when you see him

I'd argue Sam platts but bishops blaze is class also

If you have never been Bishops Blaze is something to experience, but I would vote for Sam Platts also

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

The morning papers saying Jose will trigger the clause to extend De Gea's contract. It's great to see this with Jose, no dithering around. Keeping who he wants and actually getting decent money for those he doesn't.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,640 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

zerks wrote: »
    The morning papers saying Jose will trigger the clause to extend De Gea's contract. It's great to see this with Jose, no dithering around. Keeping who he wants and actually getting decent money for those he doesn't.

Should be best paid player at the club for me

A. Rumour.
    B. Speculation.
    C. Pretty accurate alright but not relevant unless both A and B turn out correct.

It's fairly concrete at this stage. Hasn't trained for the team in 3 days and conte shouted at him 'go to China' Mendes is in China currently meeting the chairman of the club

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,330 ✭✭✭Dwarf.Shortage

It's fairly concrete at this stage. Hasn't trained for the team in 3 days and conte shouted at him 'go to China' Mendes is in China currently meeting the chairman of the club

You're stating rumours as facts again.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,406 ✭✭✭Korat

there is a 30m a year offer on the table for him. his head has been turned. cant see them selling but you never know

Costa has had a very average career until relatively recently, so at 28 would feel a greater urgency to get the most he can while he's in demand.

He left a successful AM team for money and has no reason to show any more loyalty to Chelsea.

He's a fiery character too, he might just say he's going and there'll be trouble if they don't let him go.

Lads are always looking for sources on here.... If the bbc says he hasn't trained for 3 days, along with sky sports and nearly every other media outlet, you can take that as a fact

• Advertisement

Korat wrote: »
    Costa has had a very average career until relatively recently, so at 28 would feel a greater urgency to get the most he can while he's in demand.

He left a successful AM team for money and has no reason to show any more loyalty to Chelsea.

He's a fiery character too, he might just say he's going and there'll be trouble if they don't let him go.

He wanted to move back to athletico in the summer and would have earned less money... Maybe he just doesn't like Chelsea or living in London

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Lads are always looking for sources on here.... If the bbc says he hasn't trained for 3 days, along with sky sports and nearly every other media outlet, you can take that as a fact

And one of the closest sources to Chelsea has said he has been training all week but has a niggle but club physio didn't think so. You state stuff as fact but you actually haven't a clue same as rest of us.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,406 ✭✭✭Korat

Chelsea are owned by a dodgy Russian oligarch so I'll believe the BBC and other established news agencies over any sources closely connected to that club.

Like I already said, the moon is not made of cheese.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,843 ✭✭✭GSPfan

Im looking forward to our rivals results today. I can smell a good day for us.

Either way its still vital we win tomorrow.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

I can't see West Brom or Swansea getting anything from Spurs or Arsenal.

Leicester vs Chelsea could be an interesting one; if Costa is dropped, then lets see how they do without him. They will probably still win, but a loss would see the media circling like Sharks.

Anything that happens today will be irrelevant if we loose tomorrow. Haven't felt this nervous about a game in a long time I don't know if I should love it or hate it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,422 ✭✭✭secman

A work colleague is heading over to OT , he's a scouse fan, he will be in a box full of United fans. 5 to 6 weeks ago he was giving it loads, all this week we was fairly low key , almost not looking forward to the trip.
    Hopefully we put in a dominant performance and win by 2 nil. Proper tail between the legs jobbie for pool. :)

secman wrote: »
    A work colleague is heading over to OT , he's a scouse fan, he will be in a box full of United fans. 5 to 6 weeks ago he was giving it loads, all this week we was fairly low key , almost not looking forward to the trip.
    Hopefully we put in a dominant performance and win by 2 nil. Proper tail between the legs jobbie for pool. :)

I couldn't do that noway. If pool reach Wembley my brother will have 4 tickets for Liverpool section he said I could go with them if we both get there I refused straight away it would be total hell and I'd end up in hospital.

jayo26 wrote: »
    Anything that happens today will be irrelevant if we loose tomorrow. Haven't felt this nervous about a game in a long time I don't know if I should love it or hate it.

You are focusing on the negatives there. 9 wins in a row for us against a Liverpool squad probably in their worst condition all season with regard to player injuries and absences. I'm expecting a win and I'll deal with the dissappointment if we lose when it happens. I don't think we have anything to be nervous about. Nervously excited is how I'd describe it because we could be talking about a title charge come tomorrow night if Chelsea fook up.

• Advertisement

GSPfan wrote: »
    You are focusing on the negatives there. 9 wins in a row for us against a Liverpool squad probably in their worst condition all season with regard to player injuries and absences. I'm expecting a win and I'll deal with the dissappointment if we lose when it happens. I don't think we have anything to be nervous about. Nervously excited is how I'd describe it because we could be talking about a title charge come tomorrow night if Chelsea fook up.

Definitely nervous excited but I'm not gonna get carried away either results mean nothing against Liverpool it's like a cup game any team can win it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,949 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

You are focusing on the negatives there. 9 wins in a row for us against a Liverpool squad probably in their worst condition all season with regard to player injuries and absences.

Just on that point, you'd probably be better playing us a couple weeks ago. Mané is out but we've Coutinho, Henderson, and Matip all back now.

Just on that point, you'd probably be better playing us a couple weeks ago. Mané is out but we've Coutinho, Henderson, and Matip all back now.

Thats assuming they all take up from where they left off and are fully fit.

On that note we have Zlatan back from basically two weeks rest and Martial back in form and pogba in form and mata in form :)

Quote: bangkok

Quote: Dwarf.Shortage

That's typical of you again.

You make 3 claims, the first is fine (hasn't trained in 3 days) the other two are harder to believe.

When pressed for proof you claim that proof exists for the first (fairly believable) statement without providing it which is fair enough it's not up to you to provide links if I'm the one who wants to know I can google it.

The problem is you pretend you never claimed Conte shouted at him to go to China or that his agent is currently in a meeting with the Chinese chairman. That makes me think you either made it up or read it somewhere outrageous like goal.com and then came in here spouting it as established fact.

You can't move the goalposts every time you're challenged on a point you make and expect to be taken seriously.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,559 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

I hope all 3 start because there is no way they can be match fit and Henderson is well Henderson :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

yabadabado wrote: »
    I hope all 3 start because there is no way they can be match fit and Henderson is well Henderson :D

Aye, I'd be more concerned with having Coutinho coming off the bench with 30 minutes remaining if the game was tight.

And one of the closest sources to Chelsea has said he has been training all week but has a niggle but club physio didn't think so. You state stuff as fact but you actually haven't a clue same as rest of us.

Who is the close source at Chelsea?

Who is the close source at Chelsea?

Go look on the Chelsea thread they seem confident he is always on the ball.

Its a good point but as the lads say above Im not sure that is a good thing to have 3 players all back at once and starting. Liverpool are definitely vulnerable at the moment but still a good side who are deservedly in second place.

• Advertisement

Its a good point but as the lads say above Im not sure that is a good thing to have 3 players all back at once and starting. Liverpool are definitely vulnerable at the moment but still a good side who are deservedly in second place .

ya big lick ass haha :)

Go look on the Chelsea thread they seem confident he is always on the ball.

Ah jayo, you are better than that....Felipe Arnold?

The poster even says he is "meant to be reliable"

ya big lick ass haha :)

Whats worse is I actually wrote "great side" and quickly edited it as I thought Id have everyone down my throat. Phew.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

He's good friends with Willian, then again he might not have a clue and might just be saying it to get followers. Who knows.

Costa probably trained but possibly alone after the bust up. I don't think there's any chance he leaves in January but will probably leave in the summer.

Exactly he gave a source that's ment to be reliable? In a world of giving Google results and Wikipedia as a source I think I did damn flipping good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

The three one game from September 15 is on MUTV now. Martial just after coming. On.

I was at the game and this is the first time I've watched it back in full.

• Advertisement

I see a Chelsea man started the match thread, M!ck will be very disappointed with the style of the op.1/10 for effort.:)

I see a Chelsea man started the match thread, M!ck will be very disappointed with the style of the op.1/10 for effort.:)

Was thinking same myself should of let someone like yourself start it and then lock it.

Was thinking same myself should of let someone like yourself start it and then lock it.

I could do it now and have you and astradave take the piss for me being late doing it.;)

I could do it now and have you and astradave take the piss for me being late doing it.;)

Then they have to merge them haha off ya go ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,586 ✭✭✭jaykay74

The likelihood is even with a win on Sunday we would still be 6th, the only way we are climbing is if Arsenal lose. We could be level with a bunch of teams on GD though.

And if we win all the top 6 will have a points per game average of 2 pts + per game. Leicester were the only team with over 2 pts per game last season. Arsenal in second had 71 pts from 38 games, not even that close to 2 per game!

jaykay74 wrote: »
    The likelihood is even with a win on Sunday we would still be 6th, the only way we are climbing is if Arsenal lose. We could be level with a bunch of teams on GD though.

And if we win all the top 6 will have a points per game average of 2 pts + per game. Leicester were the only team with over 2 pts per game last season .Arsenal in second had 71 pts from 38 games, not even that close to 2 per game!

Yes but the difference is we are within 3 points of the 4 teams above us so every dropped point will see us move up places. 3 points between 2nd place and 6th would make it one he'll of an exciting second half of the season.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,586 ✭✭✭jaykay74

Yes but the difference is we are within 3 points of the 4 teams above us so every dropped point will see us move up places. 3 points between 2nd place and 6th would make it one he'll of an exciting second half of the season.

Oh I know we are close but basically this weekend is unlikely to be the weekend we climb from 6th unless Arsenal lose. 2nd to 6th is tight but just out of reach currently :)

jaykay74 wrote: »
    Oh I know we are close but basically this weekend is unlikely to be the weekend we climb from 6th unless Arsenal lose. 2nd to 6th is tight but just out of reach currently :)

Its the difference between 8pts to second and 3 points to second but yhh mostly we can't move up table but we can do a lot of damage to pool.

Spurs 1 - 0
    Kane 12'

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭Bret Hart

I've been reading and hearing all week the old cliché of form goes out the window as far as Derby Games are concerned.

It's a cliché that I think is false and has been proven too be over many years in Utd v Liverpool games especially at OT.They've got a terrible record at our place. 2 league wins at OT in the last 12 years. They'll be going into tomorrows game without there top goalscorer as well,so I'm very confident will get the 3 points.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,754 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

In the FIFA top players list we had:
    De Gea ranked as the 3rd best goalkeeper - the best in the PL.
    Pogba rated as the 4th best midfielder in the world - the best in the PL.
    Ibrahimovic rated as the 6th best forward in the world - the best in the PL.

We have a good core of players.

RobertKK wrote: »
    In the FIFA top players list we had:
    De Gea ranked as the 3rd best goalkeeper - the best in the PL.
    Pogba rated as the 4th best midfielder in the world - the best in the PL.
    Ibrahimovic rated as the 6th best forward in the world - the best in the PL.

We have a good core of players.

And rashford came second to the new comer or whatever it's called a few months ago

And rashford came second to the new comer or whatever it's called a few months ago

The Ballon young laD'or I think it's called, Renato Sanchez won it.

The Ballon young laD'or I think it's called, Renato Sanchez won it.

Exactly :)

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement