Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2017

Comments

Training near complete
    Time for some action

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Training near complete
    Time for some action

?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

RobertKK wrote: »
    I am not asking for much.
    Leicester win
    Everton win
    United win.

That is all.

You're just 2 more steps away from being Paul Merson :pac:

MrMac84 wrote: »
    ?

Match thread lolz
    Edit* apologies drinking last night.....

Decent interview with Mkhitaryan, in fairness to the Mail...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-4120708/Manchester-United-star-Henrikh-Mkhitaryan-Jurgen-Klopp-star-getting-early-struggles-Old-Trafford.html

He seems to have a really good attitude in general, and an honest outlook on his time at United so far.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭newballsplease

DeGea
    Valencia
    Jones
    Smalling
    Blind
    Carrick
    Herrara
    Pogba
    Mhkitarian
    Martial
    Zlatan

Maybe Rojo for Smalling but is that the team everyone else is expecting?
    Any place for luke shaw on the bench or is he being frozen out?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

DeGea
    Valencia
    Jones
    Smalling
    Blind
    Carrick
    Herrara
    Pogba
    Mhkitarian
    Martial
    Zlatan

Maybe Rojo for Smalling but is that the team everyone else is expecting?
    Any place for luke shaw on the bench or is he being frozen out?

Darmian will surely play instead of blind?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,128 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

Interesting game between 2 sides, one team living on past glory and still thinking they're a big team, the other is Liverpool.

Can't see José doing anything other than parking the bus, both peverbial and parking an actual bus on the goal line.

0-0

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,843 ✭✭✭GSPfan

Did you have a nightmare? You got up very early to come in here to talk bollox.

Meet some Liverpool lads in hotel last night and had really good fun with them they were just like normal people. They not very confident but it really can go anyway.

• Advertisement

jayo26 wrote: »
    Meet some Liverpool lads in hotel last night and had really good fun with them they were just like normal people. They not very confident but it really can go anyway.

You over in Manchester for the match?

GSPfan wrote: »
    You over in Manchester for the match?

Yh pal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,422 ✭✭✭secman

Oranage2 wrote: »
    Interesting game between 2 sides, one team living on past glory and still thinking they're a big team, the other is Liverpool.

Can't see José doing anything other than parking the bus, both peverbial and parking an actual bus on the goal line.

0-0

Is it nearly 30 years... really ...that long... God doesn't time fly.... the old first division was it called ? Bus not allowed on hallowed turf of OT.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,767 ✭✭✭✭Leroy42

How do people think the teams will approach it?

Form says that Utd should not simply park the bus, they should control possession and attack.

On the other hand, Pool work best when when they have room to attack, they suffer when they are faced with a defensive opponent.

Also,Pool defence really struggle when faced with teams running at them, rather than just sitting back.

I think it will be a cagey affair, Utd can simply not afford to lose. A draw is not great but at least keeps them within 5 points. Pool would be happy with a draw as well.

Leroy42 wrote: »
    How do people think the teams will approach it?

Form says that Utd should not simply park the bus, they should control possession and attack.

On the other hand, Pool work best when when they have room to attack, they suffer when they are faced with a defensive opponent.

Also,Pool defence really struggle when faced with teams running at them, rather than just sitting back.

I think it will be a cagey affair, Utd can simply not afford to lose. A draw is not great but at least keeps them within 5 points. Pool would be happy with a draw as well.

United won't park the bus today not after jose making comments about the crowd playing the game and getting behind the team the last thing he will want is a slow tempo start. I reckon we will have martial and mkhitaryan running at them wide and pogba doing his usual passing from deep.

If we are a goal or two up in last 20 minutes he will slow the tempo but there is no need to park the bust they don't have Mane to do the running for them so it will be a case of closing down Couthino and Lalana and making it hard for them to create anything while getting the ball forward as quick as possible and as you say run at them similar to what Southampton did but just more frequent.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

I would be disappointed if Utd didnt go out and take the game to Pool today,

Get stuck into them from the start,test these lads out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭fyfe79

secman wrote: »
    Is it nearly 30 years... really ...that long... God doesn't time fly.... the old first division was it called ? Bus not allowed on hallowed turf of OT.

Isn't Oranage2 an Arsenal fan?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,978 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

He doesn't and it'll never actually happen but he's been very impressive of late. I certainly think he's worth north of £30m given we paid £29m for Herrera and fee's in general have went up since.

In current form he's as good as anyone in the league.

Deli Alli is probably worth more than Sterling was when he went to City. Somehow people are suddenly forgetting the English player tax.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

eagle eye wrote: »
    Deli Alli is probably worth more than Sterling was when he went to City. Somehow people are suddenly forgetting the English player tax.

IF we went after Alli, I'd be expecting Spurs would have a £70m price tag on him or so; young, English, already adapted to the PL, and it's Spurs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,388 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

they were just like normal people.

I actually just burst out laughing. Thank you sir :pac:

Yh pal.

Enjoy lad!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,054 ✭✭✭wanderer100

Really hope this is the day Rooney breaks the record!! Don't want to see him start but would love to see him come off the bench and get the winner!! Oh I can see the headlines now :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

I see the pre emptive excuses are coming thick and fast in the match thread already.

Most expensive squad ever assembled : even though the vast majority of that squad were not bought by Jose, some of the players are there more than 10 years and they have finished 5th, 4th and 8th over the last 3 seasons. OK.

Injuries to key players / players only coming back : early in the season the gegen press is the only way to play ball but when the players get run into the ground like in his final season at Dortmund its unfortunate. OK.

Most expensive player in the history of football : early in the season they are glad they didn't have a cheque book manager. Now with a depleted squad they can't compete. OK.

Thread will be closed if united lose : must be to prevent more LFC fans getting banned considering a number of them have been since the start of the season for trolling. That's probably our fault too.

I hope we hockey them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

Don't want to see him start but would love to see him come off the bench and get the winner!! Oh I can see the headlines now :p

Funnily enough the headline you wouldn't see is "Rooney dropped for big match!!!" which speaks volumes about how painlessly we have arrived at this point.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,831 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Wow

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,519 ✭✭✭Flint Fredstone

Rod Munch wrote: »
    I see the pre emptive excuses are coming thick and fast in the match thread already.

Most expensive squad ever assembled : even though the vast majority of that squad were not bought by Jose, some of the players are there more than 10 years and they have finished 5th, 4th and 8th over the last 3 seasons. OK.

Injuries to key players / players only coming back : early in the season the gegen press is the only way to play ball but when the players get run into the ground like in his final season at Dortmund its unfortunate. OK.

Most expensive player in the history of football : early in the season they are glad they didn't have a cheque book manager. Now with a depleted squad they can't compete. OK.

Thread will be closed if united lose : must be to prevent more LFC fans getting banned considering a number of them have been since the start of the season for trolling. That's probably our fault too.

I hope we hockey them.

That was a good one. May as well have just said "we're bad losers but even worse winners"

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Lord TSC wrote: »
    IF we went after Alli, I'd be expecting Spurs would have a £70m price tag on him or so; young, English, already adapted to the PL, and it's Spurs.

Ya standard Spurs and English player tax

If we lose today I will have to either emigrate, lock myself in the house for the rest of my life or kill all my mates or myself.

Been giving it loads all week, I think one or 2 might want to kill me now anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

Morgan on the bench today

Hococop wrote: »
    Morgan on the bench today

Off the bench to score the winner
    Same with Rooney
    Wonder what the odds of that are

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,924 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

Good articles in the Sunday Times if anyone has access. Jose wants Pogba to be his new Lampard. Rio is saying how he couldn't really talk with the Liverpool players when training with England.

Also Jose did a huge amount of research & watched all our games before he was even offered the job.

Hope Everton can do us a favour today. In saying that, I wouldn't be shocked if they didn't turn up and lost 3-0.

If we lose today I will have to either emigrate, lock myself in the house for the rest of my life or kill all my mates or myself.

Been giving it loads all week, I think one or 2 might want to kill me now anyway.

I've kept very quiet about the game. My liverpool supporting mates would rip me apart if I gave it large and they win. There's a big clique of them in work too.Mondays are gas when they lose,you'd think somebody died.

zerks wrote: »
    I've kept very quiet about the game. My liverpool supporting mates would rip me apart if I gave it large and they win. There's a big clique of them in work too.Mondays are gas when they lose,you'd think somebody died.

Yeah but I've been getting it all season off them. This is my day of retribution, I'm all in, balls deep, cards on the table.
    If it backfires I'm f*cked :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

City can't buy our history, our pedigree and the romance of coming from tragedy to greatness that the Munich disaster gave us. And Afaic concerned, they can win the next 5 PLs in a row cos they'll never catch us or equal us. Every year my bottom line is Liverpool not winning the league or anything else for that matter. So regardless of league table standings, Liverpool will always be our rivals, will always be 'The Derby' and City will always mean nothing to me. Come on United!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

Days like today that I'm thankfull my friends don't watch football and can rest easy whatever the result.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,754 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Woo woo Lu Lu Kaku.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,225 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

We dodged a bullet in Otamendi.

• Advertisement

RobertKK wrote: »
    Woo woo Lu Lu Kaku.

City are a shambles at the back,if Everton play their cards right they could get a couple more.

Everton in the lead but their defence is all over the place. City will definitely score. Just hoping Everton get another one.

GSPfan wrote: »
    Everton in the lead but their defence is all over the place. City will definitely score. Just hoping Everton get another one.

Yeah and City go to prove it, Everton fans better not have weak hearts watching this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Rod Munch wrote: »

I hope we hockey them.

I pulled them up on this shïte in the match thread... talking outta their ass they were

zerks wrote: »
    City are a shambles at the back,if Everton play their cards right they could get a couple more.

Everton will need to score more.

Its mad even if City lose and we win we are still in 6th. 3 point difference between 6th and 2nd if that happens too. Its a crazy year at the top.

sky88 wrote: »
    Days like today that I'm thankfull my friends don't watch football and can rest easy whatever the result.

You have to take the rough with the smooth.

I'll be all over the Whatsapp group chat or avoiding it :pac:

Jose has so many options with who who to put with Zlatan in the top three attacking positions.
    Rooney will play some minutes because he is chasing a record, and sometimes history can be funny and wait for a big occasion.
    Mkhitaryan will probably start,
    Mata to come off the bench maybe.
    Martial on the left.
    Rashford will be a sub.
    Not to mention Lingard who got a reported new contract of £95,000 a week till 2021.

Jose has good problems.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Off the bench to score the winner
    Same with Rooney
    Wonder what the odds of that are

You'd get huge odds for them both to score a goal deemed as the winner!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,596 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

According to the match thread Clyne is rumoured to be out. Big miss for them if true

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement