Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2017

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,943 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Pogba needs a kick up the hole in the dressing room after this, so pedestrian.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,595 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

That goal was all about Fellaini

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

That should have been a red

Edit chest only a yellow

• Registered Users Posts: 3,576 ✭✭✭deaddonkey15

astradave wrote: »
    That goal was all about Fellaini

And Rooney's dink into him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,640 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

****ing awful by Rooney

Oh my god we are all over the place

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,225 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Nothing to take from this other than it keeps Liverpool in 3rd and 7 points off top.

Pile of fúcking shíte.

That was brutal, pogba should have his head shaved after that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,774 ✭✭✭jimmytwotimes 2013

Did well to get a point in the end. Didn't play as well as we have been recently.

• Advertisement

We really didn't deserve to win that much. Shocking performance. Liverpool showing us how to play.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

That was poor

• Registered Users Posts: 7,054 ✭✭✭wanderer100

Really should have won that!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

Haha "cynical" says the commentator after Herrera's foul. Eh no, excellent work.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

Incredible let off here

We should have lost

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

We were dreadful. Will happily take the draw.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,640 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Thank **** for that draw but utd were so so poor. The players just didnt show up

• Registered Users Posts: 2,690 ✭✭✭ElChe32

Can we just forget that 90 mins ever happened please. Lucky to get out of that one. Liverpool were everywhere today.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

Very disappointing but better than a loss against that shower of whingers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,843 ✭✭✭GSPfan

Worst pair of Liverpool v United games ever. Really really poor from United.

Pogba should shave his head and cop on to himself.
    Valencia is a super athlete but his delivery is so wasteful.
    Rooney and Mata coming on was the wrong move, surely Rashford and Martial would have been more threatening.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,948 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Rod Munch wrote: »
    Very disappointing but better than a loss against that shower of whingers.

I love the fact that Herrera pisses them off so much.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,346 ✭✭✭Quandary

Terrible terrible performance overall. Henrikh, Carrick and Pogba were poor. Pogba in particular was awful. I can't remember feeling this angry about a Utd performance in along time. The less said about this game the better.

#welldonefellaini

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭JaMarcusHustle

Was it a terrible performance? Yes.
    Is it a terrible result at home? Yes.
    Was Pogba absolutely terrible? Yes.
    Should we celebrate? No, probably not.
    Overall, am I happy? No.

However, every cloud has a silver lining...
    SlickRic wrote: »
    Valencia offside.
    5starpool wrote: »
    Another offside missed in favour of Utd.
    Is that another favourable Man Utd officiating decision? Yes.
    A litany of offsides in that sequence
    martyos121 wrote: »
    If Sky don't mention the offside, it never happpened right? :rolleyes:
    ollie1 wrote: »
    Valencia was miles offside what a joke :pac:
    Offside: Check

Martin Tyler has an orgasm: Check

It could only be a United goal against Liverpool
    doc_17 wrote: »
    Offside. Another shocking decision. Right in front of the linesman. Officials will get their result yet
    ~Rebel~ wrote: »
    So fuckin typical. Ref consistently horrendous all game, and then gifts an offside goal to top it off. What's the point, like?

C2Oq_7fXcAAhwj8.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,006 ✭✭✭beno619

2 points dropped it has to be said.

Thought Darmian was fantastic today.

Yet again Fellaini puts in a performance while others flatter to deceive.

Carrick coming off early was probably the right call but Rooney finishing the game off on the wing was disappointing.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭edgecutter

We really didn't deserve to win that much. Shocking performance. Liverpool showing us how to play.

Liverpool didn't offer an awful lot either. We were extremely poor and they couldn't get a second.

Also, Wayne Rooney needs to go.Killed every counter we had with either poor passing or an awful touch.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭Polo_Mint

Waits for liverpool fans to arrive and moan

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,769 ✭✭✭dmc17

Mars Bar wrote: »

Sure, the whole world is against them according to the match thread. Herrera should be banned forever, the ref was bribed etc. 'tis gas stuff altogether. Then they're all blowing smoke up each other's holes :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Incredible how this team bottles it when openenings are presented to close the gap.

Absolutely brutal from the players. Brutal. To play that bad in a game that big to claw yourself up table. Sorry but draws arnt good enough and we could have easily lost that.

Need to be beating those ahead of us for a chance at top 4 realistically.

Also really getting annoyed at the Pogba circus. His face all round the pitch, media hype all week about his haircut , that twitter ****e. Of course he would play ****e today. Football narratives write themselves.

Club need to calm down with his PR stuff and he needs to take a chill from Addidas. It's not one game, but today are the days you pay that world record fee. For a difference in a positive way.

Hopefully that blows any complacency the players got from that run and heads are down to get back winning. Really annoyed at that performance from what happened earlier today.

How many times will we waste gifts

edgecutter wrote: »
    Also, Wayne Rooney needs to go.Killed every counter we had with either poor passing or an awful touch.

Just like everyone else in the team then. Rojo was probably our best player today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,225 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Fellaini was a nuisance when he came on. They struggled badly with him.

Still, I'd give Herrera MOTM for the most cynical foul ever to stop a very dangerous counter. It's his speciality, he did almost the exact same in the FA Cup semi-final last season on Barkley.

• Advertisement

Just like everyone else in the team then. Rojo was probably our best player today.

No the others offer something, we have seen these kind of games from him more often than not.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,054 ✭✭✭wanderer100

Hey atleast we scored a controversial offside goal!! That's what we all wanted right :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 664 ✭✭✭price690

beno619 wrote: »
    2 points dropped it has to be said.

Thought Darmian was fantastic today.

Yet again Fellaini puts in a performance while others flatter to deceive.

Carrick coming off early was probably the right call but Rooney finishing the game off on the wing was disappointing.

Fellaini puts in a performance? Are you joking?

Resorting to lumping it is a worry to be honest

• Registered Users Posts: 5,346 ✭✭✭Quandary

Im not sure what game people were watching but I thought Liverpool were very average. They have played infinitely better this season but in this game we were so poor it made them look decent.

Still seething here after watching that performance. We were so lucky to get anything from that game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,632 ✭✭✭✭Sand

Probably the worst Pogba has played in a United shirt. Looked like his head was gone in the first half. Overall poor performance from both teams, but United will be happy to take the point. Created several clear cut chances but very poor finishing until Ibra stepped up and converted probably the most difficult of them all.

The team just has to take this as a bad day at the office (still 1 point gained on City) and focus on the next game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

Only saw the second half. Utd seemed panicked in possession hitter no it long way too early as if it was the last minute.

Pogba was anonymous and Jaysus, ****ing Herrera and his over hot long passes!

Valencias delivery is just consistory ****ing brutal.

Joke that there was only four minutes added between Milners injury (which he milked for every last second) and Liverpools time wasting.

This time last year, or the even earlier this season we would have gone on to lose that game so I'm content enough given the circumstances.

Can't wait for a mf or two to come in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,030 ✭✭✭Minderbinder

Headshot wrote: »
    Thank **** for that draw but utd were so so poor. The players just didnt show up

No, we played a very good side and got a wake up call that we're really not as good as some people think.

It was not a case of not turning up. It was a case of a weakened Liverpool team being as good as our best team, and being mentally far superior.

Pogba is a joke of a footballer who invites pressure on himself despite being incapable of handling it.

He was lucky in Italy to be at a team much better than anyone else but he will never be a real leader in any team. A slight upgrade on Veron.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,948 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

price690 wrote: »

He was put on to do that job and he did it bloody well. Lovely lay off headers out to the wings and controlling the ball from the air. That's without mentioning the header in the lead up to the goal. He did his job better than others did the job asked of them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,233 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

Mars Bar wrote: »

The new red nev

Gotta love Ander so passionate with regards to playing for our great club

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,006 ✭✭✭beno619

price690 wrote: »

Yeah he was fantastic for 20 minutes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,233 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

Calling one of our own a joke.....

I know who the joke is

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

By the way do we continue the myth about over hyping Carrick?

As predicted and for me, as usual, Carrick harried and bundled around and just providing nothing productive to the team. Delighted he got hauled. Good call from Mourinho and brave stuff.

Perfectly fine for him to play in the games we are going to dominate but in the tighter games.....try Blind or play 4-2-3-1. Every big game I'm bricking over him and rarely proves me wrong

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭dundalkfc10

One of my Man Utd supporting friends told me he didn't come watch Dundalk as its all hoofball!

Pot Kettle Black

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Pool had parked the bus. Imo, Fellaini was the right option at that stage. We weren't going to do jack **** with the pace of Rashford; we needed height in the box to break the bus down.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,489 ✭✭✭Ordinary man

One of my Man Utd supporting friends told me he didn't come watch Dundalk as its all hoofball!

Pot Kettle Black

Not hoofball, just sh1t;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

I just wanted to say that Mkhitaryan was again one our best players. Always trying to make something happen.

Even when moved to LB he was carrying the ball forwards. A great asset to have on the pitch!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,136 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Points dropped but least didn't lose to those *****. We deserved more but you need to take your chances.

**** it done now gap is still close in top 6.

TheDoc wrote: »
    By the way do we continue the myth about over hyping Carrick?

As predicted and for me, as usual, Carrick harried and bundled around and just providing nothing productive to the team. Delighted he got hauled. Good call from Mourinho and brave stuff.

Perfectly fine for him to play in the games we are going to dominate but in the tighter games.....try Blind or play 4-2-3-1. Every big game I'm bricking over him and rarely proves me wrong

I agree that he had to come on, but Rooney shouldn't have been that sub when you have Mata on the bench.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,489 ✭✭✭Ordinary man

Everything today was too slow. Maybe that was the plan but united's best stuff this season was quick one touch play

edgecutter wrote: »
    No the others offer something, we have seen these kind of games from him more often than not.

Rooney put in the only decent cross from a United player all day and it led to our goal. Mata, Pogba, Mkhitaryan offered absolutely nothing. Ibrahimovic too until the goal.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement