Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2017

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,519 ✭✭✭Flint Fredstone

Nalz wrote: »
    Didn't he say we played long balls in the last 10minutes? I tend to ignore that shíte anyways. It's part of the game and if you can't handle it then tough shít.

It's a last gasp tactic for nearly every team ffs.

And the teams that are "above" using it are more often the teams that don't get that equaliser.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,831 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Its the Humour Thread Take 2 for reason

They're not all bad. It's the internet at the end of the day. It's going to attract kids or grown up men acting like kids. I'm worse for questioning it.

Reads like comments on a YouTube video sometimes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

And the teams that are "above" using it are more often the teams that don't get that equaliser.

They were above parking the bus until they did it today.

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭den87

Decuc500 wrote: »
    Klopp came across badly today. Moaning about long balls. Maybe he should concentrate on defending against them instead?

Klopp must reckon that the opposition play one style of football and thats one that plays into his style of footballs hands.

Any other team that plays direct or defensively and he gives out about it.

Media won't say anything bad about him because he's their darling.

den87 wrote: »
    Klopp must reckon that the opposition play one style of football and thats one that plays into his style of footballs hands.

Any other team that plays direct or defensively and he gives out about it.

Media won't say anything bad about him because he's their darling.

Sure the lad thinks it's daytime cas he leaves his headlights on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

They're not all bad. It's the internet at the end of the day. It's going to attract kids or grown up men acting like kids. I'm worse for questioning it.

Reads like comments on a YouTube video sometimes

No most are fine, but they have few who think the world is against them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

I gave up on match threads long ago. I have a look every so often to make sure I made the right decision and if a thing they are getting worse quality wise.

Very little football discussed just the usual willy waving ****e.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,225 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Apparently we all think every man Utd player is world class and that we're a delusional group ... According to posters in another thread. :-o

Considering the bullishness in this thread in the lead up to the match, can't blame them for laughing when we just about scraped a draw against them at home when they were missing about 5 starting players.

Anything interesting on MOTD2? Didn't record again :mad:

J. Marston wrote: »
    Considering the bullishness in this thread in the lead up to the match, can't blame them for laughing when we just about scraped a draw against them at home when they were missing about 5 starting players.

Laughing is one thing, stating we think every or most United player is world class is another...

Was it 5 players? Janey. Thought it was only 3

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

Anything interesting on MOTD2? Didn't record again :mad:

Phil neville is still a clown

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

bangkok wrote: »
    Phil neville is still a clown

You got a source for that? :D

jayo26 wrote: »
    You got a source for that? :D

Motd

Laughing is one thing, stating we think every or most United player is world class is another...

Well Coutinho and Sturridge didn't start and Mane, Clyne and Matip were out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭fyfe79

Yep, just the 3 (Matip, Clyne, Mane). Maybe a case can be made for Coutinho who came off the bench, but it wasn't a bad side we had out today. Henderson back was a big boost. We'll take the draw for sure. We're only fighting for second place anyway, let's be honest.

Well Coutinho and Sturridge didn't start and Mane, Clyne and Matip were out.

Well Sturridge doest usually start right?

True. I'm afraid Danny doesn't suit the current system.

Who's their starting striker? Mane is a winger.

They've played Oirigi and Ferminio up there a few times

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

You genuinely seem miserable about the club everytime you post. Iso it Mourinho that you don't like or what's the story?

Normally there's no real focal point of attack, it's Forminho/Mane/Coutinho with Lallana drifting behind. With Coutinho injured, Origi came in as the striker with Firminho shifted out to the wing.

• Registered Users Posts: 904 ✭✭✭squadro

Any one got a photo of the united school bag circa 1979?.

squadro wrote: »
    Any one got a photo of the united school bag circa 1979?.

I've a really early memory of my cousin having something like this only in United colours obviously. Few years after 79 though. Is that the style you're on about?

152163593688_1.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 904 ✭✭✭squadro

I've a really early memory of my cousin having something like this only in United colours obviously. Few years after 79 though. Is that the style you're on about?

152163593688_1.jpg

Yep. That's it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

Liverpool were absolutely dirt today. Created not a thing until we gifted them a pen with two stupid mistakes. We created by a mile the best chances of the game and it wasn't until we were essentially three at the back going balls out that they made a few chances themselves.

As bad as we were today we were the better team and tries to get the result against a team that parked the bus and tried to sniffle any attacking play.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,308 ✭✭✭Pyjamarama

Jayop wrote: »
    Liverpool were absolutely dirt today. Created not a thing until we gifted them a pen with two stupid mistakes. We created by a mile the best chances of the game and it wasn't until we were essentially three at the back going balls out that they made a few chances themselves.

As bad as we were today we were the better team and tries to get the result against a team that parked the bus and tried to sniffle any attacking play.

That had more chances, more chances on target, more corners and we're missing 4 of their best players. What were you expecting from a team in that situation? If United were missing say pogba and zlatan you'd have had Rooney and feldog starting, fluidity assured I'm sure.

Pyjamarama wrote: »
    That had more chances, more chances on target, more corners and we're missing 4 of their best players. What were you expecting from a team in that situation? If United were missing say pogba and zlatan you'd have had Rooney and feldog starting, fluidity assured I'm sure.

I honestly don't give a flying **** how many players they had missing. They were still ****e.

Also, more chances and shots on target means nothing. We had the better chances and the majority of Liverpool chances came when we were chasing the game.

Park the bus crap from a crap side that had a lucky run early in the season that allowed them to be in a league position they don't deserve.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,330 ✭✭✭Dwarf.Shortage

Mignolet was man of the match, that trumps any shot statistics in terms of demonstrating which side should have scored a second.

Also, more chances and shots on target means nothing. We had the better chances and the majority of Liverpool chances came when we were chasing the game.

Park the bus crap from a crap side that had a lucky run early in the season that allowed them to be in a league position they don't deserve.

I thought we had no chances. I think you had one too many in the pub... first we created no chances then we only did so when United were hoofing the... I mean chasing the game...

It can't be both buddy.

• Advertisement

Mignolet was man of the match, that trumps any shot statistics in terms of demonstrating which side should have scored a second.

Given he made about two saves I reckon it days more about the rest of the players in general. Besides I'm not arguing that United weren't the better team, they prob were but not by any decent amount. And they should have been given they were home on a great run and Liverpool were missing key players. Sure you guys were saying you were gonna tonk us. Well some of you anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,217 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

I thought we had no chances. I think you had one too many in the pub... first we created no chances then we only did so when United were hoofing the... I mean chasing the game...

It can't be both buddy.

Well maybe if you read properly before replying you would see your error?

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

It can't be both buddy.

Learn to read buddy. I said you created not a thing until.....

See the difference?

Well maybe if you read properly before replying you would see your error?

Wasting your time. They were all triggered with their complex today even when winning. Simple things like reading are a struggle under such circumstances.

Wasting your time. They were all triggered with their complex today even when winning. Simple things like reading are a struggle under such circumstances.

We'll you said we created nothing until the peno... given that was in the first half I took it to mean that was all we had created. Otherwise iys a very weak point. Had United created anything til that point? The one chance for pogba was it...

No complex here anyway. I'm happy with the point. We're sitting nicely in top 4 with most of our tough away games gone. I'm sure you're equally happy as, or so I'm told anyway, United are "on their way back".

So its not the reading issues so much as the comprehension ones, gotcha.

Anyways, well earned point today, showcased an ability to park the bus (which I know is a dirty phrase for ye) that ye would not have had earlier in the season. Keep it up ye may even get CL football next year. See how the squad copes down the stretch, put yourselves in a very good position to challenge for it anyway.

The game went as many of them have for us this season, missed chances to come away with a point instead of 3 when clearly the better team on the day.

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

So its not the reading issues so much as the comprehension ones, gotcha.

Anyways, well earned point today, showcased an ability to park the bus (which I know is a dirty phrase for ye) that ye would not have had earlier in the season. Keep it up ye may even get CL football next year. See how the squad copes down the stretch, put yourselves in a very good position to challenge for it anyway.

The game went as many of them have for us this season, missed chances to come away with a point instead of 3 when clearly the better team on the day.

Yup I'm pretty dumb. Ho ho.

Nothing wrong with parking the bus. Once you've already scored of course. Especially with a makeshift back 4. Anyway I'm sure we're both going to sleep equally happy, ready to dream about those great European nights. Some in the champions league others in... well you know the one.

Nothing wrong with parking the bus. Once you've already scored of course. Especially with a makeshift back 4. Anyway I'm sure we're both going to sleep equally happy, ready to dream about those great European nights. Some in the champions league others in... well you know the one.
    The one you couldn't even get into for this season?

Who knows, maybe next season with some luck you won't have to dream about European football.

Sleep well

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,030 ✭✭✭Minderbinder

Lord TSC wrote: »
    jamesbere wrote: »
    Rb? Valencia has been one of the best player's in that position this season, also had a decent game today.
    Another major problem that needs to be addressed is Valencia. No, he isn't a good full back, he is a ****ing problem because no top team is going anywhere when one of their most important attacking outlets has zero end product. For the amount of times our right full back gets the ball in advanced positions it is vital that he can has some basic level of delivery, but Valencia offers absolutely nothing and it is a complete waste.
    Robson99 wrote: »
    One of our best players this season and an assist again today.
    The least of our problems

Gotta agree with Buck here; Valencia works very hard, which is great, but it masks a lack of skill.

You could say that to describe the entire Liverpool team and they're currently better than us by five points.

Valencia is a solid player who won't let us down in these big games. The real issue is if we have all these supposed world class players why can't they score goals. Technical skills are all well and good but a team needs the Valencias of this world.

I loved the way after Ibra scored Valencia belted the ball into the net. The man cares.

• Advertisement

bangkok wrote: »
    Lads slagging off pogba need to take a look at themselves in the mirror. 23 years of age. Probably his worst game of the season, but so what. He has been class for the last 3 months. First proper season in english football. Wasnt his fault he cost 93m. Still the best midfielder in world football.

This is why United fans are often called deluded.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

I thought Valencia was excellent today. I always criticise Valencia in that he takes too long to release the ball and slows the attack down. There was none of that today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

Valencia is a solid player who won't let us down in these big games.

But he is letting us down, Valencia constantly hitting the ball against defenders ankles is a huge opportunity cost for us as a team. How many more goals would we score if we had even average delivery from that position?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Who the fek hacked Jayop last night? That wasn't the usual sober Jayop..

Valencia is a solid player who won't let us down in these big games.

But he is letting us down, Valencia constantly hitting the ball against defenders ankles is a huge opportunity cost for us as a team. How many more goals would we score if we had even average delivery from that position?

Yeah his crossing should be better but overall he is a solid performer and as someone else mentioned we have bigger problems than Valencia. He combines well in attacking areas and is often involved in good play even if he is not making the killer pass.

jayo26 wrote: »
    Who the fek hacked Jayop last night? That wasn't the usual sober Jayop..

Ah that lot would drive you mad. The amount of crying I read in the match thread about the ref when they were leading was unreal.

Ah that lot would drive you mad. The amount of crying I read in the match thread about the ref when they were leading was unreal.

Drive you mad? I laugh my hole off at some of that stuff now.

Few in there that I would never want to change. Its great reading for the giggles.

Bar the big teams if there is one team I like beat well this season it would be Stoke. Tricky game but if we show bit of bite and remember last season we will win

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,372 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

Yeah his crossing should be better but overall he is a solid performer and as someone else mentioned we have bigger problems than Valencia. He combines well in attacking areas and is often involved in good play even if he is not making the killer pass.

The sheer number of attacks that wind up at his feet though. I think yesterday was his first assist in the league this season which is scandalous for someone who has so many opportunities to get it in the box and has Zlatan in the middle. He doesn't have the intelligence to mix it up so if there's someone free at the edge of the box they are ignored as he sends another cross to the defender's head or into the shins of the person marking him. I mean Coutinho was able to get back and block one yesterday ffs!

• Advertisement

Drive you mad? I laugh my hole off at some of that stuff now.

Few in there that I would never want to change. Its great reading for the giggles.

Oh I had a laugh reading it too.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement