Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2017

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

This is delusion of the highest order, I mean come on! I know that it's not a majority view held in this thread, Valencia is not the best in the world at anything, some posters on here have talked about buying a replacement for him recently and you're saying he's the best in the world, I think it's somewhere in between those two things, he's decent, he's competent, he can't cross his legs, I wouldn't have him over Clyne anyway for starters....

Jose said it, i agree with him. At this moment he is one of the best right backs in the world.

His no 1 job is to defend. He has been excellent at that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭domrush

jayo26 wrote: »
    I'd put walker and Coleman ahead of valencia and that's just in England Alves is better then him in my opinion he is far from best in the world.

I really liked what jose said about memphis saying how professional he was and that the club had to insert buyback options as to protect against his talent and he said maybe after a few seasons if he does well they would welcome him back.

What do ya make of Bellerin? Very young still, prone to the odd mistake but been fairly faultless for Arsenal IMO. Crossing isn't great though

• Registered Users Posts: 2,690 ✭✭✭ElChe32

Ok Alanis, in other words you agree with my point.

Tony V > Cafu/Lahm/Thuram AND the legend Carlos Alberto Torres

Not only is Tony V the world's best right back. He's a fantastic hurler - fine wristy player - known to tog out in Junior B games in Offaly during the week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

domrush wrote: »
    What do ya make of Bellerin? Very young still, prone to the odd mistake but been fairly faultless for Arsenal IMO. Crossing isn't great though

Exactly what you said he is young and inconsistent but he has loads of potential. I love his speed but same with valencia the speed aint much good of you can't put a cross in.

I'd put walker and Coleman ahead of valencia and that's just in England Alves is better then him in my opinion he is far from best in the world.

I really liked what jose said about memphis saying how professional he was and that the club had to insert buyback options as to protect against his talent and he said maybe after a few seasons if he does well they would welcome him back.

Bit harsh saying dani alves is better than him. He has a broken leg :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 792 ✭✭✭KombuchaMshroom

Liverpool fan makes valid, well argued and completely true point, and gets jumped on with two stupid posts of gifs.

Easy to see how this thread can so easily descend into unbearable nonsense if some people are unwilling to discuss the merits of a post if it comes from the wrong person.

But as others have said, of course that's no where even close to true about Valencia, you could argue he's not even in the top 3 in Manchester.
    It's something Jose often does though to try and stir a bit of confidence in his players.
    2 years ago he claimed Hazard was better than Ronaldo. No way he actually thought that was true, but Hazard then went on to have the best season of his career so far.

bangkok wrote: »
    Bit harsh saying dani alves is better than him. He has a broken leg :)

Bet ya he could still cross a ball better :) I actually forgot about Alves been injured but seen an update the other day he is making Unreal progress in his recovery.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

Liverpool fan makes valid, well argued and completely true point, and gets jumped on with two stupid posts of gifs.

Easy to see how this thread can so easily descend into unbearable nonsense if some people are unwilling to discuss the merits of a post if it comes from the wrong person.

But as others said have said, of course that's no where even close to true about Valencia, you could argue he's not even in the top 3 in Manchester.
    It's something Jose often does though to try and stir a bit of confidence in his players.
    2 years ago he claimed Hazard was better than Ronaldo. No way he actually thought that was true, but Hazard then went on to have the best season of his career so far.

A well argued post doesn't start with this in an opposition thread.
    This is delusion of the highest order, I mean come on! I know that it's not a majority view held in this thread, Valencia is not the best in the world at anything, some posters on here have talked about buying a replacement for him recently and you're saying he's the best in the world, I think it's somewhere in between those two things, he's decent, he's competent, he can't cross his legs, I wouldn't have him over Clyne anyway for starters....

Especially when one is know for, to put it kindly, stirring the pot occasionally.

But as others have said, of course that's no where even close to true about Valencia, you could argue he's not even in the top 3 in Manchester.

We ALL know Tony V isn't the world's best right back. The poster is known to come in and jump on anything and everything said by Jose/United players and get the digs in.

Dont matter what his points was if you start a comment calling someone delusional you deserve a response of stupid gifs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,595 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

I defo don't believe he is the best RB or even close to it but of the names there is there any asked to do so much on the one flank with little to no defensive help by the player ahead of him.. he is asked to be a RB and RW at the same time. If he could get his crossing/chance creation up to his early days he would be a beast. But sadly I think he won't.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭Potential Underachiever

Lads, delusional must have a different meaning that I'm unaware of, is it that offensive? I honestly could have been a lot harsher in what I posted, I was imo being mild by using delusional, the guy just claimed that he agreed Valencia is the best RB in the world, that is beyond ridiculous, worse would have probably been said by your own fans only for the fact I got there first, now nobody wants to focus on the original post. I did you a favour Bangkok!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Lads, delusional must have a different meaning that I'm unaware of, is it that offensive? I honestly could have been a lot harsher in what I posted, I was imo being mild by using delusional, the guy just claimed that he agreed Valencia is the best RB in the world, that is beyond ridiculous, worse would have probably been said by your own fans only for the fact I got there first, now nobody wants to focus on the original post. I did you a favour Bangkok!

Newcastle-vs-Liverpool.jpg

We should get into the January transfer spirit.

Each thread nominate 3 posters by poll to swop for two weeks.

I'd love to know that if my posting style would be seen as just pure trolling

• Registered Users Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭Potential Underachiever

TheDoc wrote: »

I think you're an excellent poster who's been getting very harsh treatment on this thread! You might get more love over in the LFC thread, come on over! Failing that I'll see you in the funko pop thread!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

Bull****. Context matters, if you troll a thread constantly you can't expect to be treated respectfully the odd time you decide to make a genuine point.

That would actually be great craic.

Or have a United and Liverpool thread and like you said, nominate a few from each thread and they are the only ones allowed to post in there for a week and would be banned from their own thread for the same week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,371 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

Some of them came in on loan earlier in the season, coincidentally during United's bad run.

Fair play to PU though. He's been very consistent this season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,030 ✭✭✭Minderbinder

Bull****. Context matters, if you troll a thread constantly you can't expect to be treated respectfully the odd time you decide to make a genuine point.
    Responses like that to a valid point is a turn off and it just discourages that poster making good contributions in the future. Stuff like that and the general cliquey nature of this thread makes the point being made irrelevant and it's all about who made it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,519 ✭✭✭Flint Fredstone

Liam O wrote: »
    Some of them came in on loan earlier in the season, coincidentally during United's bad run.

Fair play to PU though. He's been very consistent this season.

Yeah, ever since Liverpool took a good leap ahead of United. No sign of him last season.

• Advertisement

Responses like that to a valid point is a turn off and it just discourages that poster making good contributions in the future. Stuff like that and the general cliquey nature of this thread makes the point being made irrelevant and it's all about who made it.

He literally started his post by calling someone delusional. The content was the problem as well as who made it.

He got what he came for anyway

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,519 ✭✭✭Flint Fredstone

It's the way things are and always have been in all the team threads. You make your bed, you lie in it.

I wouldnt swap any of ye guys <3<3<3

• Registered Users Posts: 2,406 ✭✭✭Korat

Flag planting is definitely on the increase here.

You think this is cliquey nature? Another soccer thread thanked a user over 150 times for a joke he stole from here :):);)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

jayo26 wrote:
    I wouldnt swap any of ye guys

None of us would swap you either mate

I think you're an excellent poster who's been getting very harsh treatment on this thread! You might get more love over in the LFC thread, come on over! Failing that I'll see you in the funko pop thread!

I feel the love among my peeps

brinty wrote: »
    None of us would swap you either mate

gr9_RJ.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,030 ✭✭✭Minderbinder

Jayop wrote: »

He literally started his post by calling someone delusional. The content was the problem as well as who made it.

He got what he came for anyway

Is there some issue with the word 'delusional' that I don't know about? I have been defending Valencia in here since last Sunday but I can't think of a more appropriate word to use for anyone who actually believes Antonio is the best right back in the world.

I get it, the poster has a history. But I would argue that just because one person acts stupid that doesn't mean we all have to act stupid.

• Advertisement

Is there some issue with the word 'delusional' that I don't know about? I have been defending Valencia in here since last Sunday but I can't think of a more appropriate word to use for anyone who actually believes Antonio is the best right back in the world.

I get it, the poster has a history. But I would argue that just because one person acts stupid that doesn't mean we all have to act stupid.

As the person who jumped on him I'll hold my hands up.

giphy.gif

No one will take my gifs away...they're all I got.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

There is no cliques on this thread. Everybody disagrees with each other at some point.

Really if it's seen as discouraging people from posting then maybe they shouldn't post anyway, if they don't want their words scrutinised.

As for PU, most in here don't take him seriously at all with anything he says. He has a history on here shall we say and we know his game so tough **** really if it gets a hard time when he tries to make a serious point for a change.

How about making serious and genuine points on a consistent basis. Otherwise you have zero credibility and will be treated accordingly. The likes of his posting style are a scourge on the soccer forum imo and just clog up threads with utter drivel(and here am I contributing to clogging up the thread talking about him).

adox wrote: »
    There is no cliques on this thread. Everybody disagreee with each other at some point.

There ARE no cliques, you illiterate. :rolleyes:

:p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

it just discourages that poster

Posters who consistently troll should be discouraged.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Right lads. At the risk of getting a tongue lashing from some, any chance we can drop this off-topic discussion and get back to on-topic stuff please?

I don’t notice a clique culture myself. I wouldn’t bother posting here if it was an echo chamber.

It might be hostile at times if your opinion goes against the grain but you won’t always be in the minority of opinion if you have enough of them.

I’d hope people new to the forum wouldn’t be scared off sharing their views because you might be wrong but it’s better to hear it here first. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,017 ✭✭✭sReq | uTeK

Lads saying they wouldn't have Aguero, are you for real?

I'd Rather GREIZEMAN

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,843 ✭✭✭GSPfan

I'd Rather GREIZEMAN

Or even Griezmann. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,948 ✭✭✭0gac3yjefb5sv7

Tough game tomorrow, vital we get the win so we can stay in 6th!

bangkok wrote: »
    If Gerrard, Giggs or lampard turned up tomorrow at their former clubs asking for a job I can guarantee that all 3 would be back working at the clubs in some role by Monday morning

looks like Gerrards been reading my posts.... Starting back at Liverpool on Monday morning

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

Hopefully we get the win tomorrow, and a draw between spurs and city would be lovely

• Advertisement

Hococop wrote: »
    Hopefully we get the win tomorrow, and a draw between spurs and city would be lovely

We be still in sixth :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,343 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

But the difference in points is the issue right now. Who cares what the position is!?

If we win 4-0 we will be 5th :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭newballsplease

Not on tv?

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Not on tv?

Sky Sports 5 at 3pm

But the difference in points is the issue right now. Who cares what the position is!?

Totally i was just feeling sad but id cheer up if at least one of the other two teams in top four race dropped points too.

Would be nice to start climbing though wouldn't it. I honestly don't think in the history of the premier league if a team was on a run like we've been on from 6th place that they wouldn't have gone up at least one place.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,017 ✭✭✭sReq | uTeK

Jayop wrote: »
    Would be nice to start climbing though wouldn't it. I honestly don't think in the history of the premier league if a team was on a run like we've been on from 6th place that they wouldn't have gone up at least one place.

Yup but if anything it just shows how many points we dropped in that period of draws and losses.

League Table

2) Spurs - P 21 - Pts 45
    3) Liverpool - P 21 - Pts 45
    4) Arsenal - P 21 - Pts 44
    5) City - P 21 - Pts 42
    6) United - P 21 - Pts 40

21/22 Jan
    Liverpool Vs Swansea
    Stoke Vs United
    Spurs Vs City
    Arsenal Vs Burnley

Win tomorrow, Spurs and City draw then...

League Table

2) Liverpool - P 22 - Pts 48
    3) Arsenal - P 22 - Pts 47
    4) Spurs - P 22 - Pts 46
    5) City - P 22 - Pts 43
    6) United - P 22 - Pts 43

Up side, if we were to somehow win by 4 goals we'd actually go into 5th (Thanks Everton) but Liverpool would go second again :(

Now should Spurs win then we'd go a point ahead of City with the win.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

https://twitter.com/golazoargentino/status/822534920644030465

I heard that they might be interested in him. I'd prefer if he stayed,he's been a solid back up keeper for us.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement