Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2017

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,196 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Head wrecking story of season so far lack the killer touch way too much, need to put these chances away or we are doomed to mediocrity.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,576 ✭✭✭deaddonkey15

You're right, he's absolutely class.

I didn't say he was absolutely class.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Unbelievable

When this team gets an opportunity, when someone ahead drops points you are just guaranteed they will **** it up

What a brutal performance and a terrible result. Not good enough. Again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,123 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

400 odd million spent and we cannot even beat Stoke ****ing city, embarrassing

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,453 ✭✭✭✭nullzero
    °°°°°

Hard to see us making the top four now.

Glazers Out!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,225 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

We never win at Stoke. Disappointing but not surprising.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,346 ✭✭✭Quandary

nullzero wrote: »
    Hard to see us making the top four now.

I'd say our best chance of getting champs league is by winning the Europa.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,948 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

YEYSYSYSYS!!!!! WHat a ****ing free kick!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Class

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,225 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Well done, Rooney. Class goal to do it with.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,123 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Rooooooney

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

O_O **** me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

Sick of seeing Rooney winding up for a long distance shot. Never on target

:p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,843 ✭✭✭GSPfan

Thank fook for that on many levels but still pissed off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,640 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Finally that record is finished. Great goal

Never doubted Wayne Rooney.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,196 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Hoooooooof ball time

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

Too late come on the win

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

Get in

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,167 ✭✭✭Notorious

nullzero wrote: »
    All that momentum we gained since November is now gone, hard to see where we're going from here.

Ah now that's a bit much.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

Ffs left it too late

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

I don't know. Thats disgustingly frustrating on so many levels. Poor performances from so, so many players.

The point is really not good enough, considering Pool dropped three and City/Spurs will see more above us dropped. :/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,304 ✭✭✭madcabbage

Well done Rooney, break the record in style and a late goal to boot!

Great to see our record breaking captain rescue that for us. No one else looked like doing it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,054 ✭✭✭wanderer100

Doesn't take away from the fact we were utter gobsh*te

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

Ref shagged us the entire game. They got a poxy og.

Sickening on a weekend we should be making ground to drop points against a dung team of cheats like that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

That game sums up the entire season . Good chances to win, stupid goal given away.

Not putting away the chances is just getting more worrying every game

Lord TSC wrote: »
    I don't know. Thats disgustingly frustrating on so many levels. Poor performances from so, so many players.

The point is really not good enough, considering Pool dropped three and City/Spurs will see more above us dropped. :/

We're not gonna win every game, at least today when we played poorly and drew we will gain a point on at least 1 side above us. Hull next in the league at OT whilst Liverpool play Chelsea I believe. Could be worse.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

Frustrating season

Will be interesting to see how many of our attackers survive the clipping after all the wasted chances

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

You're right, he's absolutely class.

that was class.

take a bow wayne rooney. United legend

• Advertisement

A point better than nothing but still bitterly disappointing. Gained ground on Liverpool at the very least which is something.

The first 20 minutes of the first and second half for us was incredibly poor. Very ineffectual and limp.

We are missing more good chances than our rivals and it's starting to hurt us.

Lads I know ye all know it as well but we have to start taking our chances,its the teams biggest flaw

Dominating games and drawing them its happening too often

Ibra was no where today,I dont if its fatigue or what,but he didnt look right today

Top class free kick from Rooney to get a point in the end

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Someone asked induring what would Griezman bring to the team and that game showed exactly what we need. No1 outside of Zlatan(even tho he was poor today) can show any consistency in front of goal we can't depend on anyone been clinical enough to finish a chance need more goals from wide areas and midfield

Didn't even move when Rooney scored.

Nothing puts me in more fury in life then his and Van Gaals team unable to capitalise on opportunities.

Weak

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,843 ✭✭✭GSPfan

Jose needs to get a grip on this situation. Two awful games where half the team are tripping over their own feet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,150 ✭✭✭✭LuckyGent88

A point is certainly better than nothing at least. Story of the season in not taking our chances. Performance was well below par though. No speed or intensity to our play.

Congrats to Rooney on the record with a fantastic strike.

Needs to do some serious work on finishing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

Excellent free kick by Rooney. Not a fan of him obviously but credit where credit's due. He's been a great servant for the club and deserved the record breaking one to be a quality strike that gets a point for the team.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

That's a ****ty result for us. Mourinho has to balance the pace in the side a bit better. Bringing in Blind, Mata, Fellaini and having Ibra up front just makes us very slow. When a team is pressing the way thesee were, a genuine speedster like Rashford keeps them honest and punishes them when they get too tight.

That being said, refs need to start booking for team fouling. Stoke spent the whole game niggling away with impunity. Pressing is a fair enough tactic but it causes players to get too close and regularly foul, and there has to be some kind of punishment for this. Adam was particularly terrible for it today.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,754 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Associated Press have Rooney's goal as 'breakihg' news.

https://twitter.com/ap/status/822849883006783488

Must be an overexcited United/Rooney fan...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,292 ✭✭✭Adamocovic

Frustrating game to watch, can't blame Stoke for stacking the backs.

Obviously we'd have all wanted the win with Liverpool dropping but the point may become important down the line. More than the point but the fact that we scored late again and keep this unbeaten run should be good for the morale.

Hopefully we can have a good run now with Hull, Leicester and Watford up next in the league. Could be a good passage to gain some points on the teams ahead.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,525 ✭✭✭kona

The sooner that poxy nacker club get relegated the better. Despise stoke.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,054 ✭✭✭wanderer100

So what are we hoping for now in the City Spurs game? A Spurs win or draw would be good i guess but more so the latter

• Registered Users Posts: 33,754 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

I suppose a draw in the Spurs/City game would be good, or a Spurs win.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭edgecutter

Stoke once again steal a result.

Terrible performance, especially when you consider what has and will happen today. Team selection was poor and Mata decided to have a mare.

Well done to Wayne on beating the record, we needed something like that to get anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,292 ✭✭✭Adamocovic

kona wrote: »

rzYv4.gif

Needs to do some serious work on finishing

I'd love to know what is being done.

Is it a case of you just tell the lads not to worry it will come, or is there actual training you can do?

Don't believe the coaches or Jose are oblivious to it. Happening all season

Not be so wasteful and possibly challenging for title with the 9-12 points we have disgracefully dropped

Before today's kick off we're 16th for shot conversion and dead last for big chances taken. That's a disgrace considering we added Zlatan and Mhiki

RobertKK wrote: »
    I suppose a draw in the Spurs/City game would be good, or a Spurs win.

Draw/Spurswin/Meteor hits Earth/City Win

kona wrote: »

Always a tough team to play against,just plain awkward

And then they have Charlie Adam playing for them,who would drive you mad watching him and his antics

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

What a way for Rooney to break the record. Brilliant goal. He was awful up to that though.

Poor performance despite the amount of chances. That midfield needs to be sorted sooner rather than later and Jose needs to realise it's ok to take Zlatan off if he's not doing it.

Still need a leader in the team. I can't wait for Jose to sign his own DM and hopefully he will put back the bite in our game.

Herrera played well, as did Fellaini who I thought was unlucky to be taken off. How Mata was left on I'll never know. Pogba went from being annonymous to being just alright. He looks like he needs so much built around him for him to play his game which has to be worrying. He didn't put a tackle in for the first twenty minutes and barely got a kick. I'm sorry, I don't care how talented you are or how attacking minded your game is, that's not good enough for a midfielder.

Seriously, although a lot of you are disappointed, with ten minutes to go I'd have gladly taken a point. Was never going to be an easy game but to lose would have been a sickener.

Oh and Doc how the **** could you not celebrate that brilliant Rooney goal? Too much sulking going on.

I think it will be an interesting summer. I expect more players to be shipped out and a few brought in.

I am praying a mf is brought in this window. It's badly needed if we want a top four slot.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement