Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2017

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,754 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

kona wrote: »
    The sooner that poxy nacker club get relegated the better. Despise stoke.

Stoke are a decent team, they just happen to be our bogey team too.

Also Ive given Rooney lots of stick over the last few years including saying not wanting to be the leading scorer at United but now he has got it Im thrilled celebrated that one hard, ****e result but will take it now

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

Glad to see pogba run straight for the ball after the goal

• Registered Users Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭edgecutter

Always a tough team to play against,just plain awkward

And then they have Charlie Adam playing for them,who would drive you mad watching him and his antics

Stoke are a poor side (it showed once again today), but our boys need a proper shake. We should be have got 3 or 4 today, but our finishing and decision making was poor.

Would love to know how many shots we need before we get a goal stat. I would say we are the worst side in the league for converting our chances.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,690 ✭✭✭ElChe32

Utterly frustrating display. Players need to step up big time, considering the slip up of Pool earlier. We have to be taking our chances.

Positives obviously we are still unbeaten and Wazza breaks the record.

Hoping for a spurs win if I'm honest.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,054 ✭✭✭wanderer100

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

Oh and a word on the ref. Charlie Adam was given free reign to foul and get in the faces of Utd players without consequence. He was literally looking for a fight.

And how he didn't give that forearm smash on Rashford was mind boggling.

One that I did applaud was the yellow for the Stoke player diving.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

A draw or spurs win in the evening game and a arsenal defeat tomorrow and this will be a decent weekend for us it's just that it could of been so much better but we live in hope.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

pogba was excellent today, at the heart of everything for utd

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,519 ✭✭✭Flint Fredstone

Disappointing. When the chips are down we can't seem to pull out a result.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

adox wrote: »
    Oh and a word on the ref. Charlie Adam was given free reign to foul and get in the faces of Utd players without consequence. He was literally looking for a fight.

And how he didn't give that forearm smash on Rashford was mind boggling.

One that I did applaud was the yellow for the Stoke player diving.

That foul on Rashford was a strange one,if he ran straight into Shawcross fair enough you could say Shawcross couldnt get out of the way,but he didnt he was on his way past Shawcross for the return pass from Ibra and was taken clean out of it

Strange decision from the ref and he so close to it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,030 ✭✭✭Minderbinder

bangkok wrote: »

Yes he was in the middle of everything, being a midfielder and all

No he wasn't. Better second half but was poor in th first half. Three of four times ran with the ball on th counter in the middle of the field and delayed and delayed the pass until the forwards were offside or closed down.

He has all the talent but still a lot to learn.

Your statement as usual is just nonsense.

Stop talking sh1t ;)

Yea....after that game

c6DIpCp1922KQ.gif

jayo26 wrote: »
    A draw or spurs win in the evening game and a arsenal defeat tomorrow and this will be a decent weekend for us it's just that it could of been so much better but we live in hope.

I'd just like to see City get humiliated again. That's the only thing that would put me in a good mood tonight.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Pogba was dreadful today. Don't know how a one could think he had a good game. He slowed everything down so badly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,760 ✭✭✭peejay1986

Wouldn't surprise me if that was intended to be a cross ;)

But yeah, another game without Carrick, more dropped points. I like Herrera but he's incapable of playing in Carrick's role. He runs about too much chasing the ball. We need someone to just sit in the middle and pass. There was no structure there whatsoever.

Signing Griezmann is fine but we desperately need a Carrick replacement. We've spent hundreds of millions in the last few seasons and are over reliant on a 35 year old to control our team.

So now Rooney's broken the record we can **** him off to China, right? Thats my hope. I need a positive from the day.

Niall Quinn still thinks United can win the title.
    For me that ship has sailed and we have arrived at the port too late.

I'd just like to see City get humiliated again. That's the only thing that would put me in a good mood tonight.

Its not the end of the world yet as you say a spurs win and we have gained points on the two teams above us and an arsenal defeat tomorrow would top it off.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,525 ✭✭✭kona

RobertKK wrote: »
    Stoke are a decent team, they just happen to be our bogey team too.

I wouldn't call them decent. The carry on from them is very frustrating. Fair play to our players keeping the head.

Perhaps they would be decent if they could motivate themselves all season

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Pogba was dreadful today. Don't know how a one could think he had a good game. He slowed everything down so badly.

He pissed me off when he didnt play Rashford in Stoke were back peddling,he went the other way and noting came of it.

Hughes been Hughes complaining about the added on time,like a broken record that fella.

peejay1986 wrote: »

But yeah, another game without Carrick, more dropped points. I like Herrera but he's incapable of playing in Carrick's role. He runs about too much chasing the ball. We need someone to just sit in the middle and pass. There was no structure there whatsoever.

Signing Griezmann is fine but we desperately need a Carrick replacement. We've spent hundreds of millions in the last few seasons and are over reliant on a 35 year old to control our team.

So now Rooney's broken the record we can **** him off to China, right? Thats my hope. I need a positive from the day.

No need for that IMO
    Fair play to him I say
    He still has his uses in the team, he's no longer good enough for first 11 but always handy to have on the bench

Niall Quinn still thinks United can win the title.
    For me that ship has sailed and we have arrived at the port too late.

Utd were out of the title race at the start of November.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

Please don't tell me we are back to the Carrick myth again, its only been a week since it was shown up ffs.

Carrick's absence was not the reason we dropped points today and its not the reason we miss so many chances.

At the heart of what exactly? We barely managed to create anything.

Pogba had a poor game, as did the majority of the team. Didn't stand out as particularly awful but how anyone can say he was excellent is beyond me.

It suits Sky to say United are in the title race, because they don't want the United games feeling less important. They will always hype things up like that.

Please don't tell me we are back to the Carrick myth again, its only been a week since it was shown up ffs.

Carrick's absence was not the reason we dropped points today and its not the reason we miss so many chances.

Would love to hear what exactly Carrick would have added today. Our issue today was not finishing chances, NOT an inability to create them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭edgecutter

jayo26 wrote: »
    Its not the end of the world yet as you say a spurs win and we have gained points on the two teams above us and an arsenal defeat tomorrow would top it off.

Here we are again, worrying about other teams to try and get into the top 4. We do our job this week and last, we would be there now. Painful watching this team with this kind of lacklustre performance.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,054 ✭✭✭wanderer100

If Spurs don't win today and Chelsea do win tomorrow, I feel like it might be over

Relax
    It was shown up when he was highly pressurized on the ball

Today Utd dominated possession

Totally different game and you know it, he may well have had a more positive influence in this particular game by how it went

However we still couldn't finish our dinner and that's a separate issue

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    No need for that IMO
    Fair play to him I say
    He still has his uses in the team, he's no longer good enough for first 11 but always handy to have on the bench

Fair play to him yeah, agreed. Good to see him atop the list after his great years for the team.

But sentiment aside, he's been atrocious lately and should be nowhere near the team. Players have been sold on for less.

Them points weren't lost Because Carrick is depended on in midfield or because of herrera who I thought had a decent game was playing it was we were unable to finish chances and break down an excellent defensive performance from Stoke.

It's not the end of the world we were never going to catch Chelsea and by looks of spurs lately they are going to be pretty hard to catch now too so to we aim for the 3 teams directly in front of us.

Yea....after that game

c6DIpCp1922KQ.gif

That was me three minutes before the end alright. I'm still clinging to ththe fact that despite everything, we still managed not to lose a game we looked like doing with a late goal.

While a draw is disappointing, I felt a loss today would have knocked the wind out or our sails and made that top four so much more difficult to achieve.

Back to back underwhelming performances though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

The one positive is we are now 17 unbeaten and what could be called a decent run of games to come.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

Relax
    It was shown up when he was highly pressurized on the ball

Today Utd dominated possession

Totally different game and you know it, he may well have had a more positive influence in this particular game by how it went

However we still couldn't finish our dinner and that's a separate issue

He would have sat there and done very little and everything ahead of him would have played out the same.

Our problem isn't that 35 year old, its the other one.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,292 ✭✭✭Adamocovic

zerks wrote: »
    The one positive is we are now 17 unbeaten and what could be called a decent run of games to come.

That's my looking at it too. I know a lot are disappointed that we drew but it's far better than loosing.

Keeps the run going, hopefully another late goal can fire the lads on too. With Hull, Watford and Leicester up next in the league surely we have chances to gain some points on opposition.

Hoping we can kick on.

zerks wrote: »
    It's a cliche but not losing when you are playing poorly is important. Twice in a row we've been a couple of minutes from defeat and scrambled a draw.

Momentum is everything and while neither were wins it was maybe as important not to lose them.

edgecutter wrote: »
    Here we are again, worrying about other teams to try and get into the top 4. We do our job this week and last, we would be there now. Painful watching this team with this kind of lacklustre performance.

It was a lacklustre performance and yes a win would of been fantastic but we have also put excellent performance over the past few weeks one game dont change a season football is not like that.

If we get away from one bad performance after gaining points on at least two teams above us I'll take that every day of the week.

As I said before we are always only one bad result from a meltdown by some people.

• Advertisement

He would have sat there and done very little and everything ahead of him would have played out the same.

Our problem isn't that 35 year old, its the other one.

It's not just about one position. Carrick not being in the side means others are moved about too.

Carrick not being in his position means Herrera sits deeper and Fellaini is doing Herrera's role further up the field, which he's incapable of doing. So Carrick's absense affects the attack in just as much a way as midfield.

Different chances would be created with a different emphasis/arrangement in our midfield.

We shouldn't be taking players out of their positions to cover for Carrick. We've spent hundreds of millions and haven't come close to signing someone who can play that role.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

Couple of opportunities now we've had to get right into the middle of the pack but came up short. Draw is better than a loss of course so have to be somewhat pleased, great goal in the end.

adox wrote: »
    Yea....after that game

c6DIpCp1922KQ.gif

That was me three minutes before the end alright. I'm still clinging to ththe fact that despite everything, we still managed not to lose a game we looked like doing with a late goal.

While a draw is disappointing, I felt a loss today would have knocked the wind out or our sails and made that top four so much more difficult to achieve.

Back to back underwhelming performances though.

Honestly I thought today's performance was better than a couple of victories we had during that winning run. We created a lot of chances and they barely had a sniff. It is just getting increasingly frustrating that we can't finish our chances.

I'm a bit gutted for Wayne because a last gasp goal like that to get a result would normally have a euphoric feeling but I just can't get over the prior 90 minutes of cock-ups in front of goal.

Well done Wayne Rooney, that was some goal to break the record.

Outside of that, it was the least promising draw I've seen in a while. When we last played Stoke and drew 1-1 at OT in October, we should have won that easily, the good chances were numerous. Today wasn't one of those kind of draws though.

The best spell came at the end of the first half, and it was disappointing that United came out in the second half failing to build on that. The second half reminded me all-too-well of a typical LVG United performance; tons of possession and movement from midfield to the fringes of the box with little chance creation or attacking threat.

If anything, I thought the removal of Fellaini took our performance down a notch. Not the introduction of Rashford, just Mata should have been the one to make way for Rashford, he was clearly not having a good day at the office and Fellaini was playing well through the middle.

I had resigned to the thought by the 80th minute that a loss was imminent. Never mind test the keeper Lee Grant, who looked impressive against us in October and today in the first half, our lads couldn't even break through the Stoke bus in the second half to get a chance to beat him.

That is part credit to Stoke, but a few of our players seemed to be playing at a reduced level today. Ibra for one, Mata certainly for another. Blind offered nothing from the attack on the left, Pogba had another under-par performance. All of this contributed to a very uninspired attacking display, with little cohesion or effective link-up play.

Towards the very end, it was looking like three points dropped and a solid unbeaten streak broken, and it took a moment of magic to change that. I'm grateful of that important point and non-loss, but won't be taking any positives from it as a team performance or one which featured an outstanding individual performance.

Just an unlikely point gained on Liverpool, and hopefully some ground made on City or Spurs depending on that result. Still though, that's enough draws for now thanks, we need to win the next few league games leading up to the City game. Another run of draws at this stage and Top 4 is gone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

At the heart of what exactly? We barely managed to create anything.

Pogba had a poor game, as did the majority of the team. Didn't stand out as particularly awful but how anyone can say he was excellent is beyond me.

we had 17 attempts on goal!!

I think Jose will look to the transfer market for more options this month.

3C5D0E5A00000578-4143178-image-a-35_1485019111281.jpg

I think Jose will look to the transfer market for more options this month.

I hope so.

Can I start banging on the Sanchez drum again :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,006 ✭✭✭beno619

Jesus Christ.

we had 17 attempts on goal!!

Have you got a source for that?

Its ok i do ;)

Screenshot_20170121_174929.png

Thats not stats of a team that failed to create anything they are stats of a team that need shooting practice we had loads of good chances and we dominated every part of the game jose needs to get the shooting practice going.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement