Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2017

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,760 ✭✭✭peejay1986

bangkok wrote: »
    we had 17 attempts on goal!!

Ive been a fan of football long enough to know never to judge a game on stats.

Maybe I'm alone but I wasn't watching that game asking how have we not scored, Mata's chance aside.

Thought we were very poor in the final third and the majority of those attempts were very tame efforts from a frustrated side.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

adox wrote: »
    No he wasn't. Better second half but was poor in th first half. Three of four times ran with the ball on th counter in the middle of the field and delayed and delayed the pass until the forwards were offside or closed down.

He has all the talent but still a lot to learn.

Your statement as usual is just nonsense.

yea wrong choice of word, he was probably still our best player though

peejay1986 wrote: »
    Ive been a fan of football long enough to know never to judge a game on stats.

Maybe I'm alone but I wasn't watching that game asking how have we not scored, Mata's chance aside.

Thought we were very poor in the final third and the majority of those attempts were very tame efforts from a frustrated side.

what about mhitarayan chance, pogba from the corner kick, lingard off the cross bar, zlatan when he crossed instead of shoot... probably a few others i cant think of

• Registered Users Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭Potential Underachiever

Yes he was in the middle of everything, being a midfielder and all
    No he wasn't. Better second half but was poor in th first half. Three of four times ran with the ball on th counter in the middle of the field and delayed and delayed the pass until the forwards were offside or closed down.

He has all the talent but still a lot to learn.

Your statement as usual is just nonsense.
    jayo26 wrote: »
    Stop talking sh1t ;)
    Lord TSC wrote: »
    Pogba was dreadful today. Don't know how a one could think he had a good game. He slowed everything down so badly.
    At the heart of what exactly? We barely managed to create anything.

Pogba had a poor game, as did the majority of the team. Didn't stand out as particularly awful but how anyone can say he was excellent is beyond me.
    beno619 wrote: »
    Jesus Christ.

All of the above are replies to Bangkok posting Pogba was excellent, dare I use the D word or will I be hounded again!?! Looks like you's have decided it's ok to have a go at him...

As an aside, am I the only one who thinks Rooney overhit that cross that flew in?

we had 17 attempts on goal!!

That stat is quite flattering to some of those 'attempts' on goal.

The team still had enough decent chances in the first half to win it, but I thought today was the least threatening our attack has looked in a fair few games.

what about mhitarayan chance, pogba from the corner kick, lingard off the cross bar, zlatan when he crossed instead of shoot... probably a few others i cant think of

Am i to revise my emotions of the game based on the above?

As I mentioned, I wasn't watching it cursing our luck on goal, just our ineptitude.

We've had games this season when we were banging on the opponent's door all game and failed to win. I don't feel this was one, despite the stats.

As an aside, am I the only one who thinks Rooney overhit that cross that flew in?

Nope. I wouldnt be 100℅ certain what he meant. He was certainly looking to the box as if he was going to cross, but who knows. Hard to know either way.

I certainly wouldn't be admitting it if it indeed was a fluke.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

Nope. I wouldnt be 100℅ certain what he meant. He was certainly looking to the box as if he was going to cross, but who knows. Hard to know either way. I certainly wouldn't be admitting it if it was a fluke.

Don't encourage him.

• Advertisement

Don't encourage him.

Ha, worryingly I am slightly unsure myself. But to be honest, I don't care enough to put any further thought into it. Leave him with him wonder goal.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,346 ✭✭✭Quandary

on the whole Carrick thing - one of the things he doe which makes us play better is his disciplined patrolling of that space in front of the back 4. He rarely leaves his post. It gives Pogba and Herrera the freedom to roam a bit more and hover around further up the pitch. Particularly, Herrera is excellent at intercepting the ball and winning back possession further up the field and he thrives when Carrick is there to hold the fort behind him.

The reason carrick played poorly last week against that lot was because klopp had instructed Lallana to man mark him, a job which he did very well. Carrick doesn't handle being marked doggedly by a high energy player. It was also the reason why last week Lallana wasn't really noticed on the pitch. He was clearly told that Carrick was his priority. Not unlike what Fergie instructed Park to do to Pirlo when we played Milan. Now dont get me wrong, I'm not saying Carrick is on the same plane of existence as Pirlo but there are similarities in the tactics used by us in the Milan game and by Pool against us.

Both Herrera and Pogba need a disciplined DM behind them or we will not see the best of either player.

The quicker Jose gets in the DM that he wants, the quicker we will start to see a more balanced team.

And before anyone interjects, I know that won't fix the terrible finishing we seem to suffer from :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,017 ✭✭✭sReq | uTeK

Pissed off with the draw even more so when they were the only team that let me down for a 1500 acca

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Pissed off with the draw even more so when they were the only team that let me down for a 1500 acca

Now that is a right kick in the nads

is sweignsteiger ever going to get a start??!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,366 ✭✭✭Robson99

M!Ck^ wrote: »

Jesus it's even far worse than I first thought!
    Seems like an elbow to the face. Clattenburg is some piece of work

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,366 ✭✭✭Robson99

is sweignsteiger ever going to get a start??!

No. Think they just want rid of. To be honest he would have brought nothing to us today

• Registered Users Posts: 314 ✭✭Lofty123

Don't understand all the doom and gloom in here today. Have people forgotten the capitulations under Moyes and the Van Gaal borefests? I can at least look forward to watching our games again.

We are at least trying to win games, however ineptly.

Stoke were the HOME team today, and yet spent the vast majority of the game with everyone behind the ball. They defended well, but we made them defend.

Jose would not have been my choice as manager, but he has us going in the right direction. We are only a natural goalscorer away from being genuine title contenders.

Robson99 wrote: »
    Jesus it's even far worse than I first thought!
    Seems like an elbow to the face. Clattenburg is some piece of work

A bizarre decision on its own. In context, I think that was Clattenburg attempting to balance things out after failing to give Stoke an obvious free less than a minute before. Still inexcusable though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

2-1 to City atm,what result suits us I wonder?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭bantee

zerks wrote: »

A draw IMO

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

He made a joke of himself the way he put the hands behind its back as if to say it's no foul didn't pull him down...... No mark he didn't because he body checked him from the front that's a foul.

• Registered Users Posts: 314 ✭✭Lofty123

I'd rather finish above City than Spurs, especially if it hastens the departure of mr tikka-takka. ;)

we just need to keep worrying about ourselves. keep picking up 3 points and taking our chances we will get top 4 (i sound like an arsenal fan saying that)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

2-2. Blow it up ref.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,054 ✭✭✭wanderer100

Lovely Spurs equaliser!!!

That was another shocking decision in the city game stirling clear in on goal and he gets pushed in the back but don't go down and fluff his chance it should be 3_1 but spurs go up the other end and score haha I love it but disgraceful refere decision again.

clear peno for city, pep will be going crazy

clear peno for city, pep will be going crazy

Yep if city don't win this he have nervous breakdown.

Infairness to him he has his tactics right most of the game.

That Jesus lad is going to be a star too no doubt about it.

Disallowed city goal!!!! Thank fcuk

The **** couldn't we just put the ball in the net today

Typical

Still so annoyed at our finishing

• Advertisement

The **** couldn't we just put the ball in the net today

Typical

Still so annoyed at our finishing

Opportunity missed but it's not a disaster by any means it's just frustrating. It's going to be hard to fix the finishing problem even if he was to go out and buy someone he won't get anyone of that quality in January.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Oh and Doc how the **** could you not celebrate that brilliant Rooney goal? Too much sulking going on.

Because again when this team needed a performance and win after Cl rivals dropped points he team totally bottled it with a brutal performance and terrible finishing

Sorry I don't find salvaging a last minute point against Stoke something to celebrate in the context of the day at that time.

A great goal and well done to him for the record.

The city result just makes that draw worse for me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Also watching that City game and Clattenburg at times today is compounding my belief that refereeing is in the toilet at the moment.

TheDoc wrote: »
    Also watching that City game and Clattenburg at times today is compounding my belief that refereeing is in the toilet at the moment.

Lol Mike Dean fail in the Leeds game also
    It's becoming a running joke

• Registered Users Posts: 5,346 ✭✭✭Quandary

Shocking that the linesman or ref didn't give City a peno for the Walker push on Sterling.

Not complaining though, The draw suits us perfectly, unfortunately we were toothless in front of goal to really capitalise.

Also, that Jesus lad for City looks class.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

I can't remember a season as bad as it. It's certainly at crisis point.

The players and the culture of the game though have a lot to answer for as well, infinitely making the refs jobs more difficult(a general point and not based on anything today).

The whole game needs to take a hard look at itself imo.

wouldnt blame the ref, the linesman should have called that. awful decision

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

Player punished for trying to be honest. Terrible decision.

You have to blame the ref he was closer to it then the linesman and its his job b to call that and he did see it.

• Advertisement

jayo26 wrote: »
    You have to blame the ref he was closer to it then the linesman and its his job b to call that and he did see it.

might not have seen it if he was directly behind it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

I know the refs have always made bad decisions but this year has been disgraceful standard and for all matchs

might not have seen it if he was directly behind it

He wasn't too he was behind and off to side he had to see that but because he didn't fall down he got nothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,586 ✭✭✭jaykay74

Quandary wrote: »
    Also, that Jesus lad for City looks class.

Seemed nailed on from that cross but not to be

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,640 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

jaykay74 wrote: »

get your coat lol

jaykay74 wrote: »
    Headshot wrote: »
    get your coat lol

Hahaha I'm so slow only got this was a joke.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,006 ✭✭✭beno619

On the topic of terrible refereeing this season:

https://twitter.com/Zorziah/status/822901976660844544

This is beyond ridiculous at this stage!! :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

Didn't see any of the game today, any positives to take from it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,831 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Rod Munch wrote: »
    Didn't see any of the game today, any positives to take from it?

Rashford when he came on. Rooney hitting the 250th. Carrick was rested.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,017 ✭✭✭sReq | uTeK

On the topic of terrible refereeing this season:

https://twitter.com/Zorziah/status/822901976660844544

This is beyond ridiculous at this stage!! :o

Look at the linesman head.....how is he not helping him...Mike Dean is brutal but in this instance if the linesman who is meant to be his aid bottles it then it leaves dean calling it 40 yards away from the play.

People forget it's a trio of officials on the pitch.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement