Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2017

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,754 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Didn't realise there were only two games left in the premier league :p

Plenty more twists and turns to come. Yesterday we drew with our bogey team.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,017 ✭✭✭sReq | uTeK

I dont rate valencia highly in either attack other defence but what JOSE obviously likes is the fact that he is the right winger and defender in one. He covers an entire wing is there for every attack and time he's required to defend. This allows the Martials, Micki, lingards of this world to have free reign and work on the creative side.

I do think there is far better wingers and defenders but I do not think or cannot of one that can do the job he currently does for us.

As an aside, is there a player with a better first touch in the league?,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,371 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

It honestly looked like Stoke were giving Valencia all the space down the right yesterday knowing that all you have to do is close him down when he gets near the box and he shíts the bed.

Sure his crossing even set up a Stoke counter when he put it straight to Allen and nowhere near a United player.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,366 ✭✭✭Robson99

Jesus the Valencia bashing is comical on here. I suppose it suits to deflect the attention away from the a few of the bigger name players who have gotten a free ride over the last couple of games and Fellani

• Registered Users Posts: 2,582 ✭✭✭NoviGlitzko

Valencia is indispensable, stop the shitetalk.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,831 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Valencia has done really well, if he'd only use his left more he'd create more space for himself to cross better... and not just hit the first man or the GK 50% of the time.

He doesn't deserve to be overally criticized in my opinion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭JaMarcusHustle

He gets zero help from anyone overlapping too, it was so noticeable yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,054 ✭✭✭wanderer100

He gets zero help from anyone overlapping too, it was so noticeable yesterday.

It happens every game because he is literally doing both the right back and right winger roles all by himself!!!!

He arguably has the best work rate on the team imo. I think the man deserves a lot of credit

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,948 ✭✭✭0gac3yjefb5sv7

How can anyone blame Valencia ffs. Ridiculous. One of our best players. If only Ibra and some others gave the same level of effort yesterday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,843 ✭✭✭GSPfan

Valencia was very good yesterday. Zlatan was beyond awful. Pogba was meh. Mkhitaryan had no effect on the game.

I've no idea how to get stats but id bet Valencia has as much possession of the ball in games as any player therefore he would have much more instances to critcise.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

GSPfan wrote: »
    id bet Valencia has as much possession of the ball in games as any player

And people can't see the problem inherent in that?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,371 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

Valencia was very good yesterday. Zlatan was beyond awful. Pogba was meh. Mkhitaryan had no effect on the game.

I've no idea how to get stats but id bet Valencia has as much possession of the ball in games as any player therefore he would have much more instances to critcise.

Having that much possession and consistently making the wrong decision is what the problem is. I don't see how anyone can defend that. A Dani Alves, Coleman, Maicon or whoever would be cleaning up in the role. Valencia just gifts the ball to the opposition.

Not everything has to a case of "player bashing".
    The points that are being made are all valid. Considering he was a focal point of the attack.

The second issue I repeat is finishing and there are 4 or 5 players accountable and all have gotten stick

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

I didn't see any one bashing valencia I said he was one of the better players yesterday and said induring week he was very god for us defensively.

But he should be offering us more attacking he may be doing a great job running up and down the pitch but the simple fact is he has very little end product one assist from 30 odd games is poor when u look at the likes of Coleman with few goals and assists same as with kyle walker.

If valencia had a proper winger in front of him it would be great but he don't and for the current system he doesn't offer enough attacking but he is grand defending no problem.

Thats not Bashing him its pointing out he doesn't suit the system when it comes to attacking.

Why not talk about the rest of the team then. We were shocking yesterday, but Valencia again was good. Like he has been all season!

Why not talk about the rest of the team then. We were shocking yesterday, but Valencia again was good. Like he has been all season!

Because someone mentions valencia poor going forward and it's called player bashing. Others have been discussed after the game yesterday loads said the finishing was poor some said we weren't creating anything and others said we were back to square one where we were in November

Been an awful lot of debate in here about one player who's been terrific this season. And his delivery isn't bad, it's above average at least IMO.

Mata, Ibra, Pogba, Mkhitaryan all should have done more yesterday, as well as others. Haven't seen a jot about any of 'em. But then again I haven't kept up with some of the thread since the game. Just seems a bit unfair or out of place. Best full back in the league.

Been an awful lot of debate in here about one player who's been terrific this season. And his delivery isn't bad, it's above average at least IMO.

Mata, Ibra, Pogba, Mkhitaryan all should have done more yesterday, as well as others. Haven't seen a jot about any of 'em. But then again I haven't kept up with some of the thread since the game. Just seems a bit unfair or out of place. Best full back in the league.

He aint the best full back in the league walker and Coleman and rose are better all round then him and I'd actually say Alonso with Chelsea has been very good too.

The reason valencia is been discussed this week is because jose said he was the best on the world so naturally he is going to be discussed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

And his delivery isn't bad, it's above average at least IMO.

If by delivery you mean stopping the ball dead so he can have a stare down with the defender then you might be right.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,030 ✭✭✭Minderbinder

I think it's because everyone is in agreement about other players.

Some people obviously didn't see Valencia create a great opportunity for Zlatan and another good chance for Fellaini yesterday.

• Advertisement

I think it's because everyone is in agreement about other players.

Some people obviously didn't see Valencia create a great opportunity for Zlatan and another good chance for Fellaini yesterday.
    That's fair enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 630 ✭✭✭hadoken13

I feel dirty asking this as a Liverpool fan ðŸ˜, but where is the best place to buy united tickets for a home league game? My brother is a united fan and we're looking at getting him and his son tickets and overnight stay for his upcoming birthday. Any game from April onwards.

hadoken13 wrote: »
    I feel dirty asking this as a Liverpool fan ðŸ˜, but where is the best place to buy united tickets for a home league game? My brother is a united fan and we're looking at getting him and his son tickets and overnight stay for his upcoming birthday. Any game from April onwards.

Follow the united ticket thread on here the guys on there are brilliant.

• Registered Users Posts: 630 ✭✭✭hadoken13

jayo26 wrote: »
    Follow the united ticket thread on here the guys on there are brilliant.

I'll take a look. Cheers.

Watching the Arsenal game almost hoping Arsenal win, as a draw or a loss for them makes yesterdays draw even more frustrating. Im still hoping for them to not win but im still annoyed by the Stoke game.

Fookin Stoke.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

Watching the Arsenal game almost hoping Arsenal win, as a draw or a loss for them makes yesterdays draw even more frustrating. Im still hoping for them to not win but im still annoyed by the Stoke game.

Fookin Stoke.

Yeah was sickened we didn't have Bournemouth or hull/ Sunderland to play, we seem to always struggle against them

Fookin Stoke.

Mental we wont lose ground on any of the teams above us bar Chelsea.

Arsenal peno now. Can they save themselves.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭FixitFelix

Come on

• Registered Users Posts: 2,690 ✭✭✭ElChe32

Don't have the game. Stone wall pen or?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Hahahaha John Moss and his linesmen just proving my point. What a ridiculous penalty to award. Offside and then defender dropping his head into the challenge haha

League is getting to laughing stock. CL spots would well be decided to referees

• Registered Users Posts: 3,576 ✭✭✭deaddonkey15

What is the point of Burnley?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

ElChe32 wrote: »

Offside,ducked to head it and got a boot in the ear. Linesman should have flagged for offside.

Alright who was it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,225 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Another game changing wrong decision by the officials. That one is all on the linesman though, he's the one who called for the penalty and he was on the near side where Koscielny is the first player he can see.

ElChe32 wrote: »

Yeah id say its a peno for dangerously high feet but Koscielny was offside so shouldn't have happened.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,576 ✭✭✭deaddonkey15

J. Marston wrote: »
    Another game changing wrong decision by the officials. That one is all on the linesman though, he's the one who called for the penalty and he was on the near side where Koscielny is the first player he can see.

I wonder will we see stills of this offside as often as we saw the ones before the United equaliser last week. Wenger getting sent off and pushing the 4th official will probably be quickly forgotten about too as it's not Mourinho.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭FixitFelix

I wonder will we see stills of this offside as often as we saw the ones before the United equaliser last week. Wenger getting sent off and pushing the 4th official will probably be quickly forgotten about too as it's not Mourinho.

Boo hoo

Wenger putting his hands on the ref and then the security guard blocking the ref from talking to Wenger should be a big talking point in the media.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

Feck it would have been nice to see that a draw, ah well I'm no longer seething over the game yesterday ha, hopefully we do the business Thursday and sunday

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭Tom.D.BJJ

J. Marston wrote: »

In fairness it was a penalty

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Wenger putting his hands on the ref and then the security guard blocking the ref from talking to Wenger should be a big talking point in the media.

It really shouldn't. Was nothing stuff.

He's gone down the tunnel where he can't influence the game. 4th official can **** off

Such a useless official to have at a game. most managers if they wanted would go through them for nothing.

Get their feelings hurt and get their mate to send them off. Such a pointless official that should be removed.

Clubs should employ staff to maintain the number board on substitutions. Sit a few stewards on a bench in case things kick off

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,225 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Tom.D.BJJ wrote: »
    In fairness it was a penalty

He was offside.

TheDoc wrote: »
    It really shouldn't. Was nothing stuff.

He's gone down the tunnel where he can't influence the game. 4th official can **** off

Such a useless official to have at a game. most managers if they wanted would go through them for nothing.

Get their feelings hurt and get their mate to send them off. Such a pointless official that should be removed.

Clubs should employ staff to maintain the number board on substitutions. Sit a few stewards on a bench in case things kick off

You having a laugh? Genius idea. So what happens if the ref pulls a muscle and can't continue? Its happened a few times in the Premier League. Will a steward ref the game?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭Tom.D.BJJ

Not sure and I've watched it a few times. Very tough for the linesman

Anyone see what happened the Hull player that went off on stretcher I turned it on late?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

Chelsea seem to be playing cannon fodder every week

He is 100% in an offside position when its played. Doesn't matter though as it wasn't given.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,404 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

You having a laugh? Genius idea. So what happens if the ref pulls a muscle and can't continue? Its happened a few times in the Premier League. Will a steward ref the game?

Might improve the standard actually.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭limnam

jayo26 wrote: »
    Anyone see what happened the Hull player that went off on stretcher I turned it on late?

Clash of heads, think with cahill

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

He was standing right in line looking across the pitch,he made a major mistake and cost Burnley the game.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement