Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2017

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

GSPfan wrote: »
    Wenger putting his hands on the ref and then the security guard blocking the ref from talking to Wenger should be a big talking point in the media.

https://streamable.com/wncmo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

You having a laugh? Genius idea. So what happens if the ref pulls a muscle and can't continue? Its happened a few times in the Premier League. Will a steward ref the game?

Backup ref can happily sit behind the dugouts.

That they get involved and send managers off for kids stuff is embarrassing. They are utterly useless in their current capacity. Considering they don't even convey information to the managers

Tom.D.BJJ wrote: »
    Not sure and I've watched it a few times. Very tough for the linesman

Not sure at what ? The clear offside ? :D

TheDoc wrote: »
    Not sure at what ? The clear offside ? :D

Just to clarify.

3C66060100000578-4145382-image-a-156_1485104442779.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

I didn't see what happened but it was part of the headlines there on the itn news so looks like whatever happened will be talked about.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,225 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

He couldn't possibly be in a better position to see it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,594 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

zerks wrote: »
    Just to clarify.

3C66060100000578-4145382-image-a-156_1485104442779.jpg

He's looking straight at it too.. thats a shocking decision, not even a close call his whole body is in an offside position

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,843 ✭✭✭GSPfan

Backup ref can happily sit behind the dugouts.

That they get involved and send managers off for kids stuff is embarrassing. They are utterly useless in their current capacity. Considering they don't even convey information to the managers

Ha ha. So employ a back up ref to do nothing and the clubs employ people to do the job of the 4th official. You've been drinking haven't you!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

I can tell that none of you have actually watched the video. Nobody thought it was offside in real time. Nobody. Koscielny was going away from goal when it was played in, offside yes, easy to see no.

• Advertisement

I can tell that none of you have actually watched the video. Nobody thought it was offside in real time. Nobody. Koscielny was going away from goal when it was played in, offside yes, easy to see no.

It doesn't matter if no one thought it was offside. Its not done on opinion, its a factual thing. Every linesman should be seeing that as there is no circumstance from preventing him to miss it other than him not paying attention. Should have given offside but he didn't. Its a mistake. It happens us all the time.

It doesn't matter if no one thought it was offside. Its not done on opinion, its a factual thing. Every linesman should be seeing that as there is no circumstance from preventing him to miss it other than him not paying attention. Should have given offside but he didn't. Its a mistake. It happens us all the time.

Oh I'm not arguing that it wasn't offside, it was. It's the "he's looking straight at it" comments from a picture that give zero context that are silly.

https://twitter.com/devils_related/status/823177396438310912

Wonder if there is any truth to it. Guess we'll know soon if the guy actually completes a transfer this week.

Was watching the match. Typical I'm looking at the player striking the ball.

The linesman is employed to do a job. First replay I was howling laughing. Pure rubbish officiating

And even the award for the peno was a bit rich.

Moss is a terrible referee who has history of being easily influenced. Say he massively felt the need to throw Arsenal a lifeline

Was watching the match. Typical I'm looking at the player striking the ball.

The linesman is employed to do a job. First replay I was howling laughing. Pure rubbish officiating

And even the award for the peno was a bit rich.

Moss is a terrible referee who has history of being easily influenced. Say he massively felt the need to throw Arsenal a lifeline

"First replay" yeah that doesn't cut it in realtime.

Offside aside it was clearly a penalty, you can't kick people in the head. Shocking I know.

And Moss didn't give the penalty, lino did. Are you sure you were watching :p

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Wonder if there is any truth to it. Guess we'll know soon if the guy actually completes a transfer this week.

I saw the Sun as its original source. Who is he though? What's he like?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,640 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Not in the squad for the Benfica game on at the moment

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Or signs a bumper new transfer :)

Lord TSC wrote: »

Ive honestly never heard of him before today but I wouldn't be a follower of other leagues.

Looks like a pacey right winger from his youtube videos. Id actually love a right footed right winger. Sick to death of the inverted winger rubbish.

On another note, did you see Griezmanns goal today? Jesus. He can put the ball away no problem.

Well supposedly the reports today are from an Unnamed English side and they are going by an old report from last week that named us as his likely destination. Monaco are supposedly in for him as well so could be an aul transfer roundabout with us being linked to Bernardo Silva from Monaco.

In other news, Greizmann had a peach of a goal today and a different stunner disallowed for offside.

https://my.mixtape.moe/zmkuwi.mp4

disallowed goal:

• Advertisement

The Hull game is on Thursday night due to them and Saints playing today.TV schedules mean Liverpool v Southampton on Wednesday and we play Thursday.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

On another note, did you see Griezmanns goal today? Jesus. He can put the ball away no problem.

I see They drew, if sociodad win they are level on points for the 4th spot, is it at the stage like Dortmund where they had their chance but the team has been picked apart

Lord TSC wrote: »

Wouldn't be impressed he only has a silver card on fifa but he is a technical dribler ;)

jayo26 wrote: »
    Or signs a bumper new transfer :)

Sportwitness teases out the tangles in this tale.

http://sportwitness.co.uk/player-really-leaving-clear-sign-claimed-man-united-complete-purchase-quickly/

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

Benfica trying to sell players, are they in financial trouble or is the owner looking to put an extension on his house ha?

Exactly it did smell a bit of lindleof about it and yehh the director there does try to flash his players around to get an inflated fee.

If i had a choice from Benfica i would take Semedo, but i doubt that will happen with Jose expressing his love for Tony V

I wonder if we are interested in this guy because theres issues with Martial? I can see Martial being sold in the Summer if someone pays massive money for him. I get the feeling he's been pissed off since the shirt number thing and being benched a lot wont help either.

All pure speculation.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,948 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Griezmann badly needs a haircut.

astradave wrote: »
    If i had a choice from Benfica i would take Semedo, but i doubt that will happen with Jose expressing his love for Tony V

Is it benfica or sporting that carvalho is with? He is doing well this season again and has plenty of experience now.

• Advertisement

Mars Bar wrote: »
    Griezmann badly needs a haircut.

Pogba will hook him Up when he comes Manchester.

Is it benfica or sporting that carvalho is with? He is doing well this season again and has plenty of experience now.

He's with Sporting.. has really pushed on this season..

astradave wrote: »
    He's with Sporting.. has really pushed on this season..

Yh I mix up the Portuguese sides he looks like he is built like makelele and plays the same role as him and Carrick....... Just saying :)

Just seen the mirror reporting that Ryan Mason is fighting for his life after the clash of heads today it's really devastating news and again brings it all into perspective.

Hope he pulls threw and makes a full recovery.

Just seen the mirror reporting that Ryan Mason is fighting for his life after the clash of heads today it's really devastating news and again brings it all into perspective.

Hope he pulls threw and makes a full recovery.

I've just seen it too. Puts a sickening feeling in my stomach thinking of it. I'm hoping the term "fighting for his life" is just a comment on the possible severity of that kind of head injury and not an actual update on his condition. At the very least he is in for a long recovery and will probably put his career at risk.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

Terrible news hopefully he pulls through

• Registered Users Posts: 33,754 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

That is awful news about Ryan Mason, as already said, all we can do is hope he recovers fully.

I had come on to post a couple of Theo Griezmann tweets.

https://twitter.com/theogriezmann/status/823208224451133442

Memphis must have been praising the Lyon stadium.
    https://twitter.com/theogriezmann/status/823292996863033346

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

https://twitter.com/hullcity/status/823299545027276802

Official statement from Hull.

The Mirror tweet earlier totally irresponsible but hardly unexpected from that awful paper.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

Hull have said mason is in a stable condition after surgery on his fractured skull

Yeh it looks like bad taste alright but it depends on context they ment as someone else said. It was pretty serious he had surgery on it straight away but at least stable better then we expected.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,948 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Wonder will he be allowed to return to the game at all? He won't be able to avoid heading like cech can.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

Wonder will he be allowed to return to the game at all? He won't be able to avoid heading like cech can.

Sounds like a career ender. Please God he pulls through and I'm wrong.

Ive no medical knowledge on it but surely depending on the type/severity of skull fracture it may heel and be as good as new eventually. Im assuming. I think Cech had a depression fracture almost like what you see if you tap a spoon off a boiled egg. Sorry for being a bit graphic. If Masons is less severe he may be ok but you just dont know. Doctors will surely warn him against it and the insurers could no longer insure him, effectively retiring him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Cech was a triplet too so he has a thinner than average skull apparently.

However, he was back after 3 and a bit months from his injury so theres hope for Mason anyway.

Just hope he pulls through first and foremost without any issues and then he can think about his career.

Psychologically it could affect him for a while or even forever. I had a clash of heads happen years ago which left me with a depressed cheek bone. It broke in 3 places and i had to have surgery to put it back in place. I really didnt enjoy anything coming near my face for a long time after it heeled. Eventually you build up confidence and get over it. I even took up mma a few years after so was getting punched regularly with no problems.

Jose's thoughts on the rumours of a Chinese bid for Rooney:

"It is up to him,” Mourinho said, when asked if Rooney could end up in the Chinese Super League. “I don’t like to be critical of those who go to China. It is their life. The money is huge; the experience can also be interesting. I know some of my colleagues think they are more important than they are and that they can interfere in the lives of other people but I am not that sort of guy. Everybody is responsible for their own career. In Wayne’s case I have no idea because he has never mentioned it to me.

“I think he has more to give us but, I repeat, you reach a certain level in your career when it is up to him. Could anyone have been critical of Zlatan Ibrahimovic if last season he decided to go to China or the USA – one guy who has had this amazing career? It is the same with Wayne.”

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/manchester-united-news-wayne-rooney-china-jose-mourinho-a7540406.html

Sounds like Jose is telling Wayne to consider it.

Is that not an old quote? I thought he said something similar while back.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement