Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2017

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

jayo26 wrote: »
    Is that not an old quote? I thought he said something similar while back.

All the morning papers are running it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

zerks wrote: »
    All the morning papers are running it.

See told u I'm always wrong haha

Edit: unless it's one of your papers sire they are a bit behind ;)

See told u I'm always wrong haha

Edit: unless it's one of your papers sire they are a bit behind ;)

The Wexford People will have it on Tuesday.;):p

Just spent the last ten minutes laughing after watching the full video of the Scottish cup draw which I laughed the entire way threw also it's fuken hilarious for anyone that hasn't seen it get over to the humour thread thanks zerks haha.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

FixitFelix wrote: »
    Boo hoo
    Ah go **** off you bellend.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,006 ✭✭✭beno619

Wouldn't mind seeing Rooney start up front in the Cup this week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,831 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

beno619 wrote: »

Very strong chance he'll start anyways...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,030 ✭✭✭Minderbinder

beno619 wrote: »

I'd imagine he'll start behind Rashford who now seems to be the second choice central striker.

Another painful stat:

United have played 34 games this season and hit the woodwork 22 times following Jesse Lingard’s weekend effort.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,765 ✭✭✭✭Leroy42

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Another painful stat:

United have played 34 games this season and hit the woodwork 22 times following Jesse Lingard’s weekend effort.

If anything Clive, they have been hitting the shots too well!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,006 ✭✭✭beno619

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Another painful stat:

Im honestly not too bothered about or big chance conversion stats being so poor. Its an anomaly and eventually our luck will change.

Conversely id say our big change conversion stats from last season were crazy high because we created feck all in most games but were quite clinical.

Yeh alot of it is to do with a change of tactic remember last year lvg only wanted players to shoot after first taking a touch to control the ball and now they are taking snapshots we need to find a medium and the rest is luck it will come.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,594 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

Shaw looks like he has lost a bit of weight

https://twitter.com/ManUtd/status/823510549191413762

Get a result at Hull and we equal Arsenal's streak.With Wigan at the weekend we have a great chance to beat it.

C22hWNMWEAAD9qm.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

be great to get shaw back into the team, valencia is flying down the right, not much down the left, shaw back on form would be a massive boost in the next few months

Anyone else notice rooney has got rid of the Erm facial hair since he broke the record? All clean shaven for the first time in ages god bless his cotton socks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,558 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

astradave wrote: »
    Shaw looks like he has lost a bit of weight

https://twitter.com/ManUtd/status/823510549191413762

A fit Shaw would be a huge boost and it will be interesting to see does Jose give him a run of games now.
    Would like to see him start v Hull as he is supposed to be injury free the last few weeks and would have played v Reading except for illness

It's not very often that anyone agrees with Robbie Savage but this time I've gotta make an exception.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

Pulis. Flm lol

• Advertisement

Lol Tony pulis

• Registered Users Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭KaiserGunner

Get a result at Hull and we equal Arsenal's streak.With Wigan at the weekend we have a great chance to beat it.

C22hWNMWEAAD9qm.jpg

That's premier league unbeaten streak though isn't it? So the Hull and Wigan matches wouldn't count.

That's premier league unbeaten streak though isn't it? So the Hull and Wigan matches wouldn't count.

No we are on 17 overall at moment.

Balague on Greizmann

• Registered Users Posts: 2,406 ✭✭✭Korat

C22hWNMWEAAD9qm.jpg

What streak is this?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭KaiserGunner

No we are on 17 overall at moment.

Yeah and the graphic above shows premier league unbeaten streaks, so I assume to keep that particular one going it doesn't matter about the Hull or Wigan matches as they are cup games.

• Advertisement

Yeah and the graphic above shows premier league unbeaten streaks, so I assume to keep that particular one going it doesn't matter about the Hull or Wigan matches as they are cup games.

Oh yh sorry im confusing myself lol yhh your right.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,500 ✭✭✭Your Airbag

Oh yh sorry im confusing myself lol yhh your right.

Well our next league game is against Hull so your were kind of right :)

I imagine when the EL starts back in mid feb we will see a downturn in league form :(

At this point I'd be happy for Jose to play a 2nd string team in the EL.

Well our next league game is against Hull so your were kind of right :)

I imagine when the EL starts back in mid feb we will see a downturn in league form :(

At this point I'd be happy for Jose to play a 2nd string team in the EL.

I dont think we can afford to. Top 4 is going down to the wire we have to be treating el seriously in case if anything I'd be playing weakened teams in fa cup unfortunately.

While there are no gimmes in the league our run of games coming up shouldn't scare us too much.All we need to do is figure out how to put the ball in the net rather than hitting the post or shooting straight at the keeper.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

While there are no gimmes in the league our run of games coming up shouldn't scare us too much.All we need to do is figure out how to put the ball in the net rather than hitting the post or shooting straight at the keeper.

Don't forget our field goal attempts

• Advertisement

Wenger charged with misconduct. If Jose laid hands on an official the high horse brigade would want him jailed.
    Maybe Wenger's defence will be that he didn't see him.

Jayop wrote: »
    League Table

2) Spurs - P 21 - Pts 45
    3) Liverpool - P 21 - Pts 45
    4) Arsenal - P 21 - Pts 44
    5) City - P 21 - Pts 42
    6) United - P 21 - Pts 40

21/22 Jan
    Liverpool Vs Swansea
    Stoke Vs United
    Spurs Vs City
    Arsenal Vs Burnley

Win tomorrow, Spurs and City draw then...

League Table

2) Liverpool - P 22 - Pts 48
    3) Arsenal - P 22 - Pts 47
    4) Spurs - P 22 - Pts 46
    5) City - P 22 - Pts 43
    6) United - P 22 - Pts 43

Up side, if we were to somehow win by 4 goals we'd actually go into 5th (Thanks Everton) but Liverpool would go second again :(

Now should Spurs win then we'd go a point ahead of City with the win.

So the only things I got right were the Spurs/City draw and Arsenal winning although neither of those results were what they should have been had the games been officiated in any competent manner.

2) Arsenal P 22 - Pts 47
    3) Spurs P 22 - Pts 46
    4) Liverpool P 22 - Pts 45
    5) City P 22 - Pts 43
    6) United P 22 - Pts 41

That's a real sickner even though technically we're in a better position than we were, but it was a game we should have won and our opponents dropped points. Had we won we'd be only 4 points off 2nd. We're now 6 points behind rather than the 5 points we were last week.

No Premier league now till the 31st.

Arsenal Vs Watford
    Sunderland Vs Spurs
    Liverpool Vs Chelsea
    West Ham vs City
    United Vs Hull

This is an absolute must win game. Very unlikely that Arsenal or Spurs will drop anything. Even City in their current stink would be expecting to beat West Ham. Really the only team we are likely to make any ground on is Liverpool.

I had thought Chelsea would only draw at Anfield expecting Klopp to do his park the bus tactics like he did against City and recently against United at OT. However Chelsea are just in exceptional form at the moment and Liverpool have only beat Plymouth this calendar year so far.

Expected table

2) Arsenal P 23 - Pts 50
    3) Spurs P 23 - Pts 49
    4) City P 23 - Pts 46
    5) Liverpool P 23 - Pts 45
    6) United P 23 - Pts 44

So annoying. Had we won and that happened then we'd be ahead of Liverpool at the end of January and level with City. :mad:

edit:
    Liverpool's next five league games are...

Chelsea H
    Hull A
    Spurs H
    Leicester A
    Arsenal H

You'd really hope that in those 5 games we can make up the four points on them at least.

Wenger charged with misconduct. If Jose laid hands on an official the high horse brigade would want him jailed.
    Maybe Wenger's defence will be that he didn't see him.

To be fair I'd say he will get a few games ban.

Jose has been very good lately but so has results he just loses it when things ain't going his way.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,893 ✭✭✭SteM

So the only things I got right were the Spurs/City draw and Arsenal winning although neither of those results were what they should have been had the games been officiated in any competent manner.

2) Arsenal P 22 - Pts 47
    3) Spurs P 22 - Pts 46
    4) Liverpool P 22 - Pts 45
    5) City P 22 - Pts 43
    6) United P 22 - Pts 41

That's a real sickner even though technically we're in a better position than we were, but it was a game we should have won and our opponents dropped points. Had we won we'd be only 4 points off 2nd. We're now 6 points behind rather than the 5 points we were last week.

No Premier league now till the 31st.

Arsenal Vs Watford
    Sunderland Vs Spurs
    Liverpool Vs Chelsea
    West Ham vs City
    United Vs Hull

This is an absolute must win game. Very unlikely that Arsenal or Spurs will drop anything. Even City in their current stink would be expecting to beat West Ham. Really the only team we are likely to make any ground on is Liverpool.

I had thought Chelsea would only draw at Anfield expecting Klopp to do his park the bus tactics like he did against City and recently against United at OT. However Chelsea are just in exceptional form at the moment and Liverpool have only beat Plymouth this calendar year so far.

Expected table

2) Arsenal P 23 - Pts 50
    3) Spurs P 23 - Pts 49
    4) City P 23 - Pts 46
    5) Liverpool P 23 - Pts 45
    6) United P 23 - Pts 44

So annoying. Had we won and that happened then we'd be ahead of Liverpool at the end of January and level with City. :mad:

edit:
    Liverpool's next five league games are...

Chelsea H
    Hull A
    Spurs H
    Leicester A
    Arsenal H

You'd really hope that in those 5 games we can make up the four points on them at least.

These parts are an exercise in futility imo.

SteM wrote: »
    These parts are an exercise in futility imo.

Of course tehy are. They make absolutely no difference to anything. They do make me happy or sad though.

Of course tehy are. They make absolutely no difference to anything. They do make me happy or sad though.

Never mind the begrusgers jayop your writing down what we are all trying to figure the fuk out

Never mind the begrusgers jayop your writing down what we are all trying to figure the fuk out

Anything to avoid doing my actual job man.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,831 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Hows Perriera and B-Jackson getting on out on loan?

Nalz wrote: »

Pereira is getting plenty of games he aint tearing up trees but is putting in decent performances in a poor team.

Poor cbj is with wolves now he played a good few games at start but not even Making the bench now as far as I know.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Nalz wrote: »

Good few videos of Pereira highlights up on YouTube

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

There was reports yesterday we had bid for Guedes.

Now the reports are saying he's agreed with PSG.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭limnam

Lord TSC wrote: »

The best course of action is to generally ignore everything until about 5 minutes after the deadline.

saves a lot of false hope and disappointment :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,026 ✭✭✭duffman13

Apparently we weren't interested and the chairman of Benfica keeps Leaking stuff to try push prices of players up. Some Portuguese journalist on twitter had something about him going to PSG yesterday and that United weren't interested. I can't believe how many players from Benfica we've been linked with

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,843 ✭✭✭GSPfan

Meh. I posted it yesterday, it was completely speculative. The PSG interest is fuelled by the manager saying they are interested in him. Never heard of him before yesterday and it doesn't bother me where he goes.

Woodward is a joke get him out before he ruins the club he can't sign anyone any good ;(

Bring in Tony pulis and Mike Ashley sort the club out once and for all.

Woodward is a joke get him out before he ruins the club he can't sign anyone any good ;(

Bring in Tony pulis and Mike Ashley sort the club out once and for all.

Patrick Kluivert is the one we should be looking at, he's the one thats in lisbon buying Guedes for PSG according to Bouhafsi.. Price is now 25m euro :pac:

Patrick Kluivert is the one we should be looking at, he's the one thats in lisbon buying Guedes for PSG according to Bouhafsi.. Price is now 25m euro :pac:

Really I thought he was working for ajax? I get confused with all them Dutch lads

Really I thought he was working for ajax? I get confused with all them Dutch lads

He was with the Ajax youth team I think last season.. moved to PSG as director of football at the start of the season.

Overmars is Ajax dof I think

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

He was with the Ajax youth team I think last season.. moved to PSG as director of football at the start of the season.

Overmars is Ajax dof I think

Some step up in jobs for him,going from youth team at Ajax to DOF at PSG

• Advertisement

Some step up in jobs for him,going from youth team at Ajax to DOF at PSG

Its like using the editor mode on football manager and click "move to this club" and edit everything around you :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement