Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2017

1194195196197198200»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

Nalz wrote: »
    We're not there yet ffs

Meh. If we can't beat Hull with a 2 goal head start then fan overconfidence is the least of our problems.

I also am disappointed that we won't play Liverpool in the final, its not a trophy I rate particularly highly and I think the Liverpool factor would have increased my anticipation for the final tenfold. Pity.

This is a load of ****e to be honest.
    We need to continue to pick up trophies no matter what competition.
    We don't have to have some extra reasoning because we could be playing a rival in the final.
    If we manage to win this tournament then it's a second trophy in two seasons.
    It's a winning mentality that's needs to be restored into this team.
    The bigger trophy's will follow if we continue in this manner. It's all about the last hurdle.
    I really want Utd to win this for the mental boost it will give the whole team coming into the latter part of this season.

Rod Munch wrote: »
    They looked banjaxed tonight (LFC)

Its possible that the style of play is catching up with them.

Earlier in the season they had a week off between games, lots of time to rest, between the league and the cups, since January, they are playing about twice a week.

Two more games for them in the next 6 days too.

Good point. I also thought earlier on in the season that their squad depth could prove to be a problem. Also, I wonder just how much they are missing Mané, and how much of a factor his absence is in their downturn.
    It would typical that they will probably beat Chelsea at home now.

I'm not counting them down and out yet or them even 'doing an Arsenal' for that reason. They could hammer Chelsea out of nowhere next Tuesday and that could be the turn in fortunes they need to crack on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,214 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

They looked banjaxed tonight (LFC)

Its possible that the style of play is catching up with them.

Earlier in the season they had a week off between games, lots of time to rest, between the league and the cups, since January, they are playing about twice a week.

Two more games for them in the next 6 days too.

I've been banging that drum all season, hopefully turns out to be correct.

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

stankratz wrote: »
    I remember reading in the match thread after the first leg how Southampton were going to regret not scoring more, because "we're gonna stuff em at Anfield" :pac:

Digs aside though, they seem to have had a notable downturn since that draw with Sunderland a few weeks back. Agent Moyes, eh?

Tonight's game against Southampton is the second consecutive game of 4 which Liverpool have at home. You'd have to fancy them to beat Wolves in the FA Cup at the weekend, but with Chelsea next Tuesday, they could likely be on for 3 out 4 home losses in 10 days. They haven't won any competitive game at Anfield in 2017 yet.

I thought it would be Spurs or Arsenal to vacate a spot for us in the Top 4 should we get in there ourselves, but Liverpool are not safe in there at all and are now in a bad patch of form.

I remember reading the night the semi draw was made that they were looking forward to playing Hull in the final. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

Good point. I also thought earlier on in the season that their squad depth could prove to be a problem. Also, I wonder just how much they are missing Mané, and how much of a factor his absence is in their downturn.

I'm not counting them down and out yet or them even 'doing an Arsenal' for that reason. They could hammer Chelsea out of nowhere next Tuesday and that could be the turn in fortunes they need to crack on.

Mane has been great for them, he got them iirc the 3 points late on Vs Everton and dragged them through a few other games.

Anyway, back to us.

Will Jose rest players tomorrow evening I wonder?

Good opportunity tomorrow and the weekend to give the likes of Rashers and Martial a full game.

Next 7 games are all very winnable, its a brilliant chance to get a real head of steam up before the business end of the season.

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    This is a load of ****e to be honest.
    We need to continue to pick up trophies no matter what competition.
    We don't have to have some extra reasoning because we could be playing a rival in the final.
    If we manage to win this tournament then it's a second trophy in two seasons.
    It's a winning mentality that's needs to be restored into this team.
    The bigger trophy's will follow if we continue in this manner. It's all about the last hurdle.
    I really want Utd to win this for the mental boost it will give the whole team coming into the latter part of this season.

I always liked this cup. Clearly it's the lowest on the totem pole at the start of every season, but you only enter 3/4 comps and winning any of them is an achievement. It's also nice to get a bit of silverware with plenty of the season to go, gives you great confidence for the rest of the season.

Agree 100%
    A job to be done tomorrow and if we manage to get to the final it will be a tough game also
    Let's not jump the gun like Liverpool fans have a habit of doing
    Take it game by game

our month so?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

Mane has been great for them, he got them iirc the 3 points late on Vs Everton and dragged them through a few other games.

Anyway, back to us.

Will Jose rest players tomorrow evening I wonder?

Good opportunity tomorrow and the weekend to give the likes of Rashers and Martial a full game.

Next 7 games are all very winnable, its a brilliant chance to get a real head of steam up before the business end of the season.

I reckon there will be minimal changes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,136 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

So glad if we do get to the final now we don't have to play that shower with there wanker fans listening to utter ****e for a week or two before and after the game.

Nice little tribute show to Gary Speed on SS1 at the moment.

So bloody sad.

:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

How soon is Now Edit your post pal don't go getting silly yellows over a silly comment.

Nice little tribute show to Gary Speed on SS1 at the moment.

So bloody sad.

:(

Hard to believe it's been 6+ years.
    He was so young too. Puts things into perspective

Remember when he was the rival to giggs as the only player to have scored in every premier league season.

niallo27 wrote: »
    Could you quote those posters as I doubt they were liverpool fans but hey make it up as you go along if you want.

Ahaha, ya can fúck off :pac: If I was going to make something up I'd be a bit more creative with it. Not all of us have time to police the internet, and the time we are here we would maybe like to talk about football.

Seriously, I conceded that that opening line in the post you quoted was a dig, you're more than familiar with them yourself, but the other 80% of my post was genuine discussion about Liverpool. Do you have anything to talk about that 80%, rather than waste both our time with the likes of your initial response?

• Advertisement

So glad................

As Jay says, a quick edit would be in your best interests here!!!

Aye, seemed like a genuinely lovely guy.

You just never know whats going on inside peoples heads.

Neville Southall has turned into some bullock of a man, not that he was ever lithe tbf.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

I read that Louis Van Gaal and Klopp had the same win ratio after their first 82 games, and Klopp loses his 83rd tonight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

Ahaha, ya can fúck off :pac: If I was going to make something up I'd be a bit more creative with it. Not all of us have time to police the internet, and the time we are here we would maybe like to talk about football.

Seriously, I conceded that that opening line in the post you quoted was a dig, you're more than familiar with them yourself, but the other 80% of my post was genuine discussion about Liverpool. Do you have anything to talk about that 80%, rather than waste both our time with the likes of your initial response?

I did not see your smiley face. I apologise.

I can't wait for someone to come along and tell you all that you're only glory hunters for choosing Man United to get little victories over the salt of the earth Liverpool fans.

Because that seems to always happen after Liverpool get a bad result for some reason...

Aaaaaand......
    BMMachine wrote: »
    the real winners, as always, are the Irish fans of Manchester United :( they just do so much winning. Charlie Sheen or something. Please spare us your boasts for thy tongues lash out at our sensitive ears. Surely after all that winning you were sated? Is there perhaps a void which will never be filled within thine selves which has a thirst, a need for such lavish cries of betterness and spite?

♪....Never going a let you down and desert you.....♪

Edit: And another one lol....
    BMMachine wrote: »
    given your tendancy to overblow everything in order to try and wind up Liverpool fans, Im just going to call bollocks on this. I actually liked the interview. Honest, frustrated and showed a real desire - something we have lacked for many many years.
    but hey, cheap digs and all - its a forte. Why did you decide to support Manchester United?

He'll be along now to give out about me reading a thread about a game Untied weren't playing in. #GloryHunting #BetterThanYearsOfBeingCrap

• Advertisement

I read that Louis Van Gaal and Klopp had the same win ratio after their first 82 games, and Klopp loses his 83rd tonight.

But they won the league months ago ;);)

Only messing but yeh seen that earlier but lvg started in preseason and klopp only started 8 games in.......

Looks like now wasn't soon enough ;);)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

Don't support either team but that doesn't tell you the whole story. Klopp took over mid season, to a team struggling to stay in the top 10. Van Gaal took over in the summer, with a whole pre-season to plan and received substantial backing in the market.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,136 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

jayo26 wrote: »
    How soon is Now Edit your post pal don't go getting silly yellows over a silly comment.
    Jayop wrote: »
    As Jay says, a quick edit would be in your best interests here!!!

No worries :pac: Ill take the card trust me if i could say what i really felt i would!.

That was me being good :p.

Anyway there out so we dont need to talk about them anymore :).

All im worrying about now is weather i should hang about in work tomorrow and watch the match and have few drinks or be a good boy and go home!!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Closing cause we're about to hit 10,000 posts

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement