Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2017

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,075 ✭✭✭IamtheWalrus

J. Marston wrote: »
    Pff, I'm already in "Anyone but Liverpool" mode.

Liverpool will not win a league.

TheDoc wrote: »
    Unless this team really clicks into gear can't see them doing a 8-10 in streak which it needs to consider the title.

Considering how tight it will be dropped points against Burnley , Stoke and Watford is a pretty big deal and more will probably come.

Think our title credentials are dead in the water which is disappointing to say the least. But I simply cannot fathom anything short of top 4.

Would be totally unacceptable with that squad.

What do the club do in that situation though? Say Jose's United have a decent season, but just can't crack a competitive Top 4, do we then get rid of Jose and move onto the next manager?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,576 ✭✭✭deaddonkey15

stankratz wrote: »
    What do the club do in that situation though? Say Jose's United have a decent season, but just can't crack a competitive Top 4, do we then get rid of Jose and move onto the next manager?

Sign Griezmann, and one or two proper defenders and try again next season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Liverpool will not win a league.

At least they are off top spot again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

stankratz wrote: »

Absolutely not.

Its been clear for the last 3 seasons a massive rebuild is needed so if we do fall outside of the top 4 then it would be utterly stupid to sack Jose and install someone else who essentially is starting from scratch.

Not getting top 4 would be very disappointing but after the last 3 years, I can swallow it.

What I'm seeing in the team at the moment is a return of desire.

The last few years when things weren't going our way we just let it happen.

We coasted through games in the main, with no impetus, no fcuking bottle.

That seems to be changing.

I've no doubt that Jose is to be credited with that.

We have probably created more scoring chances in the last 10 league games than we did in 20 last season.

We should have more points on the board but it is what it is, Jose cannot take the blame for lack of conversion.

He has only gotten it wrong once this season so far and that was the first half against City. Even then he corrected things at half time and we arguably deserved a draw.

Look at Mikhi.

Did he look like a player that was pissed off the other night?

He did in his hole.

He has been managed perfectly and if he continues on as he played Thursday night then the goals will come for him and for others. He's had injuries and fitness issues so rather than throw him back in at the deep end Jose has protected him and I believe we will see the benefits.

Phil Jones, the man that most fans had written off is back in the team and playing well. Again, he is being managed perfectly and considering the injuries that blighted him its unbelievable. People were fawning over Klopp with Sturridge and how he managed him back to fitness, no such praise for Jose though. Maybe if he tried a bit of gurning or broke a few pairs of glasses then he might get the respect he is due but it won't happen.

Personally I don't give a bollox. I started supporting United when the Scouse were top dog. I'm used to supporting a team that everyone hates. The fact of the matter is that people hate winners. United are winners, Jose is a winner and I've absolutely no doubt that under him, together, we will be winners again.

So unequivocally, he should be in the job for a minimum of two seasons.

203 shots on goal so far,80 more than we had in the same amount of league games last season.Results haven't been what we wanted but at least the football is watchable again.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Have to take advantage of Spurs loss today,close the gap on them

Time to give someone a hammering

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Great post i 100 percent agree from start to finish.

Match thread to change the tone of the discussion here: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=101789032#post101789032

Lets smash them by 4 or 5.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

Lads it's west Ham
    I'd love a hammering but 1-0 gets you the same number of points. Win first then think about the goal difference

NBCSN,Sportnet Ontario and BeIN HD are showing the game with English commentary.Everyone knows by now how to find them,;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,595 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

Sports Bild are reporting that Basti is part of the Squad for tomorrow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,640 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

ugh another painful day tomorrow finding a different method of watching the utd match.

I never get good ones.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

Headshot wrote: »
    ugh another painful day tomorrow finding a different method of watching the utd match.

Get an android box and iptv service. Only a few quid a month but it's worth it for no hassle and streams are HD

niallo27 wrote: »
    Get an android box and iptv service. Only a few quid a month but it's worth it for no hassle and streams are HD

Works well but eats bandwidth

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Works well but eats bandwidth

Most packages are unlimited anyway. If you only have it for the football your only talking a gig or two.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

I have a Dreambox.

It has a 3 pm kick off function for all PL games.

Works perfectly on Saturdays so I'm assuming it will work tomorrow too.

Have had enough faffing around with laptop streams.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,576 ✭✭✭deaddonkey15

Just use Mobdro.

What ever happened to Julian Dicks I wonder.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,273 ✭✭✭racso1975

What ever happened to Julian Dicks I wonder.

First team coach with west ham. Just if you do Google don't put in Julian dickz by accident :pac:

• Advertisement

Wasn't he over the hammers ladies team for a while aswell or was that Ian dowie? Westham have had some iconic players over the years.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Good Golfer too

Never liked him or Wise at Chelsea.

Thanks for reminding me,I must update my build on kodi. It's been neglected for the last while..... "Playing with boxes" as the missus calls it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,508 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

zerks wrote: »
    Thanks for reminding me,I must update my build on kodi. It's been neglected for the last while..... "Playing with boxes" as the missus calls it.

Mrs Crinklewood keeps giving off with all my cables over the place.

But surprised that today's match isn't on live on Sky or BT!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

zorro2566 wrote: »
    But surprised that today's match isn't on live on Sky or BT!

My understanding is the Europa League is to blame. Sky and BT get their match allocations before the Europa League bounces matches to the ****y Sunday slots, and once the matches get bounced, they've already got their schedule locked down.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭newballsplease

Rumours that Carrick is out with a slight injury.
    Bastian Schweinstieger on bench

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Hopefully all the stuff between him and Jose was to light a fire under him.. him and carrick alternating matchs would be ideal!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Jaysus.

Out of interest, would there be none of the youth players that could get the bench spot ahead of him? Not been keeping up with the academy much.

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Jaysus.

Out of interest, would there be none of the youth players that could get the bench spot ahead of him? Not been keeping up with the academy much.

Of course there would. Jose is so stubborn that if Bastian was still banished he'd name anyone on the bench infront of him

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,017 ✭✭✭sReq | uTeK

Bastion to get the winner today. 4-3

Jaysus.

Yep tfm is a cdm naturally.

Bastion to get the winner today. 4-3

He will be our Toure!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,595 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

He is the closest player we have got to Carrick position and discipline wise and if Jose wants to keep the 4141, he would be ideal to come in instead of him. Even if he starts Herrera, Schweinsteiger is ideal for coming on for the last 20 mins and seeing out the match.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭Toobz

Headshot wrote: »

I can help with that, gimme a pm and I'll talk you through a good method as I'm not sure stream talk is allowed? If it is I'll post here.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,754 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Antoine Griezmann has said when he leaves Atletico he wants to play in the Premier League.

It is like he is trying to let the Atletico fans down easily by dropping so many hints.
    He wears the number 7 because of Beckham. Would be great to have a proper number 7 again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,519 ✭✭✭Flint Fredstone

RobertKK wrote: »
    Antoine Griezmann has said when he leaves Atletico he wants to play in the Premier League.

It is like he is trying to let the Atletico fans down easily by dropping so many hints.
    He wears the number 7 because of Beckham. Would be great to have a proper number 7 again.

It's an awful pity Di Maria didn't become available under Jose instead of Louis.

He also said he would like to play in the same team as his best mate so he can't shout any louder for united to come get him.

Id love to have him because he is a genuine united fan it would be such a nice change.

Would he choose Utd over, say Barca, if it's known he's available?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,401 ✭✭✭xtal191

I actually think he would apart from anything else they aint much room for him in the barca lineup.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,632 ✭✭✭✭Sand

If Utd offer more money, then like Pogba he will choose Utd over any club.

Sand wrote: »
    If Utd offer more money, then like Pogba he will choose Utd over any club.

Are you saying Pogba only came back for the money?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,516 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

My understanding is the Europa League is to blame. Sky and BT get their match allocations before the Europa League bounces matches to the ****y Sunday slots, and once the matches get bounced, they've already got their schedule locked down.

That doesn't really make any sense - it was known since last May (when MUFC qualified for the Europa group stage) that they would have these 6 fixtures moved away from Saturday as Europa is always Thursday. This was long long before Sky/BT picked their games.

I think it just wasn't selected (despite being probably the 3rd maybe even 2nd most attractive fixture of weekend).

Probably just as simple as Sky/BT are only allowed show so many games of one team (16 I think) and they believe there are 16 better MUFC fixtures through the season to show.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

xtal191 wrote: »

I would be shocked if he started today, never expected him to be named in the first place.

I would be shocked if he started today, never expected him to be named in the first place.

Interested to know why so?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭newballsplease

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Interested to know why so?

I can't speak for him, but to start 2 games in a row in space of a few days after months out would be asking a bit much wouldn't it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

He was always going to be eased back in after so long out, he'll get half an hour today surely. More if somebody else doesn't perform

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,997 ✭✭✭Backstreet Moyes

Any chance of Greizman in Jan probably not.

Was thinking they are well behind in the league but they are still in Champions league.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement