Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2017

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Shocking man management from jose and not for the first time

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Unreal skills he got I love watching him play when he on top form.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

ricero wrote: »

I haven't seen man management as bad since I watched a documentary about the Nazi regime.

Teddible, Joe.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,366 ✭✭✭Robson99

TheDoc wrote: »
    Don't want to be that "guy" but I simply cannot get my head around the praise Coleman receives and how people rate him. Is there some green tinted glasses going on?

Might be one of those things where anytime I see him he looks distinctly average, getting roasted by other average wide players.

I think we have a pretty good right back in Darmian, if our managers would just ****ing trust him.

Valencia is a much better right back

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,371 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

Robson99 wrote: »
    Valencia is a much better right back

He's really not.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,594 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

ricero wrote: »

I tried searching your history but I couldn't find anything with you saying this about Klopp when he criticised Sturridge..

Can you please point me in the right direction?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,948 ✭✭✭0gac3yjefb5sv7

Liam O wrote: »
    He's really not.

Ah he is

Pheonix10 wrote: »
    Ah he is

I like full backs who can defend and cross, Valencia is good at neither. Different strokes I guess.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Pogba booked so misses next France game,he'll be fresh for us so.

• Advertisement

Pogba's goal,seems they thought it was Varane first.

https://my.mixtape.moe/uvzjrn.mp4

He seems to be getting into a good run of form and influences games more hopefully he keeps building the momentum.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,026 ✭✭✭duffman13

TheDoc wrote: »
    Don't want to be that "guy" but I simply cannot get my head around the praise Coleman receives and how people rate him. Is there some green tinted glasses going on?

Might be one of those things where anytime I see him he looks distinctly average, getting roasted by other average wide players.

I think we have a pretty good right back in Darmian, if our managers would just ****ing trust him.

Well I disagree hugely on your assessment of Coleman, hes one of the best full backs in the league. He's been nominated for the PFA young player of the year when he first went to Everton and also was in the PFA team of the year. His big issue last year was some niggling injuries. It's definitely not green tinted glasses,if anything the fact he's Irish means he gets judged more harshly on here.

Darmian is a solid player, hes not looked exceptional for us and is not a modern full back. The mantra of defend first is something I agree with and hes ok defensively but he is poor going forward. Coleman is a more rounded full back.

Also people scoffing at Valencia are a bit harsh, hes done just as well as Darmian if not better. The problem we have is both should be back up full backs but if I had to pick one to start right back it would be Valencia. Darmian offers cover for both sides though.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BMsUPgCjiSi/

No need to say anything it's pat and pogba. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

jayo26 wrote: »
    https://www.instagram.com/p/BMsUPgCjiSi/

No need to say anything it's pat and pogba. :)

Ah Jesus lads I think I love Pat more since he left then when he was here.. also all this boloxoligy about Pogba and a big head and ego etc after adidas unveiling when you see things like this and the snap chats of him he really seems down to earth

Haha that's classic
    Evras a legend

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

That video might upset a few racist lovers;)

but what a video. Legendary stuff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

Evra a legend, David Gill said when he signed him he embodied what man utd was about

World class left back in his prime and still a very good player now at juventus

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,075 ✭✭✭IamtheWalrus

That video might upset a few racist lovers;)

but what a video. Legendary stuff.

:confused:

:confused:

I presume he means that there are some fans of LFC that dont like Evra and blame him for being being racially abused by Chewy Luis.

Because you know, its always your own fault when someone uses abusive language towards you.

patrice-evra_2543486b.jpg

This too of course.

Good times.

Good

Times.

Ah Shinji :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,948 ✭✭✭0gac3yjefb5sv7

Am I the only one who thought Shinji wasn't any good. Now Park Ji Sung on the other hand.

Pheonix10 wrote: »
    Am I the only one who thought Shinji wasn't any good. Now Park Ji Sung on the other hand.

He never reached his potential.

Hence some of our concerned observers referring to Mhiki as Kagawa Mk 2.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

There's absolutely no other player at the moment (or ever) up to the high jinks that Pogba and evra are at on social media. I love that.

Also on Coleman, he was absolutely hamstrung the last few years playing under that defensive moron Martinez. Not sure if anyone else heard Pat Nevin on newstalk a while back talking about Coleman and Baines and the struggles that they were having bit he explained it perfectly and put it all down to the manager.

He never reached his potential.

Hence some of our concerned observers referring to Mhiki as Kagawa Mk 2.

More like never given a chance to reach his potential. When Moyes started playing him he was probably the best player on the team.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

So The Star is telling me today that Utd's European Scout will be at the Ireland game this evening to watch David Alaba and Seamus Coleman

So The Star is telling me today that Utd's European Scout will be at the Ireland game this evening to watch David Alaba and Seamus Coleman

tumblr_nrfkfs_A6c_L1qf04xfo5_1280.jpgfree pic

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Evra and Herrera are one and the same, you can see what the jersey/crest means to them.. Their passion is real.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

Alaba doesnt need to be scouted... he is class.

bangkok wrote: »

Coleman doesn't either he is not class

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

jayo26 wrote:

Have go agree mate
    #overrated

jayo26 wrote:

Have go agree mate
    #overrated

• Registered Users Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭ziggyman17

bangkok wrote: »

True, Excellent player and no chance of Munich selling him to us or anybody else,

ziggyman17 wrote: »
    True, Excellent player and no chance of Munich selling him to us or anybody else,

He's not exactly in a rich vain of form.
    Coleman is a more likely target and IMO is an allround better player.
    Alaba is very technical but also very inconsistent.
    Coleman had one poor season but I blame the bluffer Martinez for that

brinty wrote: »
    Have go agree mate
    #overrated

#goteambrinty

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    He's not exactly in a rich vain of form.
    Coleman is a more likely target and IMO is an allround better player.
    Alaba is very technical but also very inconsistent.
    Coleman had one poor season but I blame the bluffer Martinez for that

You know I'd never usually argue with you pal but Coleman even on his best season wouldn't be In same league as Alaba.

I dont think Coleman is a bad player he is decent but Alaba is one of the best fullbacks in the world he can defend he can cross the ball and he has bags of pace and stamina.

First of 3 Irish wins tonight hopefully.

jayo26 wrote: »
    You know I'd never usually argue with you pal but Coleman even on his best season wouldn't be In same league as Alaba.

I dont think Coleman is a bad player he is decent but Alaba is one of the best fullbacks in the world he can defend he can cross the ball and he has bags of pace and stamina.

Never an argument just a debate m8 :)
    I think Coleman is a better defender
    And his performances are more consistent throughout his career thus far
    I know it might sound cliche but he's the closest thing I have seen to Denis Irwin
    He just keeps it simple but can carry an attacking threat but he gets the bread and butter stuff right
    I'd prefer him two times over than a player like Alaba
    Coleman reminds me of the type of player Man Utd were built on
    Hardworking graft mixed in with the more skillfull high profile players

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Alaba like many of his team mates had a bad night at the office tonight

Usain Bolt is heading to train with Dortmund but still has his dream of playing for United.

Schweinsteiger had a 4 hour meeting with the head couch of Chicago Fire last week according to reports in America

https://twitter.com/CSNChicago/status/797197078556450816?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

zerks wrote: »
    Usain Bolt is heading to train with Dortmund but still has his dream of playing for United.

and Utd would still be at the bottom of the sprints and distanced covered stats...:p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,510 ✭✭✭tinpib

astradave wrote: »
    Schweinsteiger had a 4 hour meeting with the head couch of Chicago Fire last week

:pac: made me snigger anyway.

and Utd would still be at the bottom of the sprints and distanced covered stats...:p

Remember, let the ball do the work.;)

zerks wrote:
    Remember, let the ball do the work.

That's my boy zerks
    #breakingnewsguy

• Registered Users Posts: 1,161 ✭✭✭jharr100

Oliver Holt reckons Jose is heading for endgame .. pretty depressing column in the mail online .

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Lads, UFC spoilers :( deleted the posts for those who had not watched it live....

Like me. Who came here thinking it was safe from such things :(

• Advertisement

jharr100 wrote: »
    Oliver Holt reckons Jose is heading for endgame .. pretty depressing column in the mail online .

It's his opinion piece, Ollie has had a gripe with Jose the last few years anywaYs. Never has anything positive to say these days. I personally wouldn't take anything he says on the matter seriously.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement