Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2017

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭crkball6

jayo26 wrote: »
    One game ban for jose he will prob miss tonight's game now.

He has until Thursday to answer I thought, which gives him tonight to be on the bench?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

crkball6 wrote: »
    He has until Thursday to answer I thought, which gives him tonight to be on the bench?

Oh is it Thursday I thought sky said we may not see him on touchline tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭crkball6

jayo26 wrote: »
    Oh is it Thursday I thought sky said we may not see him on touchline tonight.

So many bans, hard to keep track :pac::cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Mixed up the fixture with West Ham and thought it was tomorrow, little text from herself there "Just to double check you got the tickets?". Appears I'm going to some Harry Potter related film tonight........

Unsure to watch the recording without knowing the score, or checkin first so I can watch it without giving a flying **** :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

So many bans, hard to keep track :pac::cool:

I actually forgot to ask after the first sending off he got (was it first?) the one where he sat in loads of different seats.

I thought he was being clever just going into the seat, and fair play to that fan, right beside the pitch.

Is there some rule that states where a sent of manager has to go? Seems ridiculous.

It's a bit like when a parent would get "sent off" and the ref would stand there until the parent left the park, even when told they don't own the ****ing park, it's a public space

TheDoc wrote: »
    Mixed up the fixture with West Ham and thought it was tomorrow, little text from herself there "Just to double check you got the tickets?". Appears I'm going to some Harry Potter related film tonight........

Unsure to watch the recording without knowing the score, or checkin first so I can watch it without giving a flying **** :D

Dont check the score watch the first 20 mins and if its **** then check the score :D

He has accepted the ban so he will miss game tonight.

FA statement on Jose...

"Following an Independent Regulatory Commission hearing today [Wednesday 30 November 2016], Jose Mourinho will serve a one-match touchline ban with immediate effect.

The Manchester United manager admitted an FA charge that his behaviour in or around the 27th minute of the game against West Ham United on Sunday [27 November 2016] amounted to improper conduct.

He was also fined £16,000."
    ...for kicking a bottle.

Well at least that seems to be that wrapped up quick enough and won't drag on beyond tonight. Have to imagine though that if Jose keeps getting sent to the stands, the FA will hit him with a substantial touchline/stadium ban soon.

I think it's ludicrous some of the measures being taken in this day which are just going to end up numbing any passion left in the game (i.e Mata's yellow for celebrating his goal with the fans) but they are the rules as things currently stand.

We need our manager at the dug-out rather than up in the stands. Jose is extremely passionate in the moment and that can be a hard thing to keep in check as we've seen. However, with another ban dished out I would like to see him at least try to keep it to throwing shapes within the technical area and shouting at his players from now on. Any remonstrating that needs to be done with the fourth official or the ref at half-time, use Faria for that. Sure Rui is a mad c**t himself who is no stranger to bans or having it out with the match officials. Won't happen I know, Jose is Jose long by now, but the English refs and FA seem to be itching for him to give them any excuse to discipline him.

I'm all for a visually passionate manager on the sidelines and one who fights for what he believes is right for his team. Just with the way things are going with the rules in the current game and the FA/ref's weariness with Jose, if he doesn't try to work on that discipline he may as well get himself a season ticket soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭Potential Underachiever

It's dumb that he's getting a ban for kicking a bottle but wtf was he cracking up for anyway? Pogba takes a dive and rightfully gets booked so why was he fuming over that? If you're going to get a ban at least get it for something that was actually an injustice.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

It's dumb that he's getting a ban for kicking a bottle but wtf was he cracking up for anyway? Pogba takes a dive and rightfully gets booked so why was he fuming over that? If you're going to get a ban at least get it for something that was actually an injustice.

There's injustice and perceived injustice and both are really the same at the time.

I'm sure you know all this anyway so I've no idea why I'm trying to hand hold you through it.

Anyway common sense would be to have a word with the manager on the sideline and warn him but there is little or no common sense left in the modern game.

Maybe he didn't have the benefit of a slow motion replay and in real-time thought Pogba got chopped.

Maybe he was reacting to the fact that Pogba should have gotten the free before Noble even came in with his challenge.

Maybe he saw that no contact was made, because if Pogba didn't lift his leg out of there Noble would have "clattered" him (by Noble's own admission after the game) but thought that the West Ham player still should have been the one to be cautioned over the recklessness of the attempted challenge.

Lots of Manchester United players have taken dives and even some rightfully got called out on it by the manager at the time in a post-match interview. The rest deservedly got the light shined on their theatrics by media and fans. However, the common consensus* on Pogba's "dive", is that it wasn't a dive but evasive action so that he didn't get his ankle split in two. A world of difference between what he did on Sunday, and what Ashley Young has done 4-5 times in the past.

*Even the media and Mark Noble are acknowledging that Pogba's reaction was evasive rather than theatrical.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,006 ✭✭✭beno619

It's not even an opinion I'd take on board, we have absolutely improved. It hurts to lose now, because we have done more than enough in games to win comfortably. The last 3 seasons it didn't hurt, when we dropped points it was a completely fair result.

This.

I was pissed off when Arsenal equalised as opposed to laughing or shrugging off some of our pathetic performances/results under Moyes & LVG .

It's nice to feel the full spectrum off emotions and enjoy football again.

• Registered Users Posts: 527 ✭✭✭Lukekul

15170844_10154255082572746_7102165400054407206_n.png?oh=2c67389e6260b1f963078e442f5a3cd3&oe=58C587FB

Strong team

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

Anybody who wants to complain about the team selection should do it now, instead of waiting until after the game to see who played poorly and so shouldn't have been picked. :)

It looks fine to me, I know some people will want Mata in there but I can see why he isn't.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,104 ✭✭✭markc91

zerks wrote: »
    Match thread for tonight, http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057676851

Just a heads up,the game is being shown also on Sky Sports Mix so anybody with Sky/Virgin who doesn't have the Sports Package can see it.
    Where you seeing it being on sky sports mix? Virgins epg is showing sports unlimited on at 8.00

• Advertisement

Id a problem with Carrick being CB with Blind on the bench right up untill I realised Id missed Shaw

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,736 ✭✭✭Bleating Lamb

Anybody who wants to complain about the team selection should do it now, instead of waiting until after the game to see who played poorly and so shouldn't have been picked. :)

It looks fine to me, I know some people will want Mata in there but I can see why he isn't.

Nice to see Mickey Ryan starting.

Id love if Teiger gets a run out

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,519 ✭✭✭Flint Fredstone

markc91 wrote: »
    Where you seeing it being on sky sports mix? Virgins epg is showing sports unlimited on at 8.00

Same with Sky. Big fat fail zerks, I'm devo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,017 ✭✭✭sReq | uTeK

stankratz wrote: »
    Maybe he didn't have the benefit of a slow motion replay and in real-time thought Pogba got chopped.

Maybe he was reacting to the fact that Pogba should have gotten the free before Noble even came in with his challenge.

Maybe he saw that no contact was made, because if Pogba didn't lift his leg out of there Noble would have "clattered" him (by Noble's own admission after the game) but thought that the West Ham player still should have been the one to be cautioned over the recklessness of the attempted challenge.

Lots of Manchester United players have taken dives and even some rightfully got called out on it by the manager at the time in a post-match interview. The rest deservedly got the light shined on their theatrics by media and fans. However, the common consensus* on Pogba's "dive", is that it wasn't a dive but evasive action so that he didn't get his ankle split in two. A world of difference between what he did on Sunday, and what Ashley Young has done 4-5 times in the past.

*Even the media and Mark Noble are acknowledging that Pogba's reaction was evasive rather than theatrical.

Exactly, if he doesn't jump there noble gets books and he gets a free but because he didn't fancy getting busted he gets a yellow.

It's mental

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

Lukekul wrote: »
    Strong team

Apart from Jones and Rojo, two players I'll never be convinced about in defense.

• Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭Strawberry HillBilly

Love that team. Predict 3-1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,419 ✭✭✭secman

Get in
    .... keeper could have got a red card there

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

Love it but hate it also why couldn't we do this sunday

Get in there. Team looks alot better with jose not on the bench I knew he was slowing the team down.

Lovely goal.

Great assist from Miki and Rooney looks sharp.

Scummy from the keeper on Ibra!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

When Rooney picked up the ball and shaped up to send it out wide with his usual diagonal aimless pass I was fit to scream. Imagine my delight when he deftly played in Micki!

Get In!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,366 ✭✭✭Robson99

Ibra you greedy prick

We must hold a world record for not finishing chances like that ffs

• Registered Users Posts: 5,346 ✭✭✭Quandary

Rooney playing brilliantly so far. His pass to Mkhitaryan was beautiful.

• Advertisement

Robson99 wrote: »
    Ibra you greedy prick

Wha?

adox wrote: »
    Wha?

Should habe played martial in

Robson99 wrote: »
    Should habe played martial in

Ah it opened up for him. Wouldn't blame him at all. Should have scored though.

Ah it opened up for him. Wouldn't blame him at all. Should have scored though.

Think he should gave played him in. Maybe its just me wanting martial to get a goal or two

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

Forward passes, full length of the field at pace counter attacks, intricate passing and movement, we really are playing so much better than at any time in the past 3/4 years.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,948 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

This is so enjoyable to watch

• Registered Users Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭Thepoet85

Nice to see they're showing Premier League Years on SS1!!

This is more like it anyway :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

carrick already controlling the midfield, Martial, Rooney, Mkhitarayan and zlatan look very sharp. great to see

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,071 ✭✭✭user2011

Forward passes, full length of the field at pace counter attacks, intricate passing and movement, we really are playing so much better than at any time in the past 3/4 years.

For me it's longer then 3/4 years. Only a nit pick but yeah, i agree with your point.

• Advertisement

Didn't know whether to scream at ibra for putting ball out or think fair play cause he knew his knee gave him a dead leg

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Gas reaction from Adrian to Ibra's tackle on Payet

Id say he wanted a card

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭mewe

Our players look like footballers again. It's great :)

Now that was greedy imo

• Registered Users Posts: 3,576 ✭✭✭deaddonkey15

Bit selfish again from Ibrahimovic

Mikhitaryian just sees the pass so much quicker than any player we have.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

street footballer :)

Agree and our attack is much quicker with him in it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

The one fela that never makes mistakes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

It's Mourinho's fault

Hopefully we don't fold now

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement