Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2017

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,217 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

Jayop wrote: »
    I don't get it.

That's cuz its stupid.

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

This is the first time in the history of the EFL that the same team will play itself.

Southampton vs Southampton

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

I don't get it.

They are saying we are guaranteed to reach Wembley now because we got Hull.
    Tricky enough tie I think but should Be winning it.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,754 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Rooney must be really disappointed as his booking means he misses the Everton game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

jayo26 wrote: »
    They are saying we are guaranteed to reach Wembley now because we got Hull.
    Tricky enough tie I think but should Be winning it.

If we can't do them over 2 legs we've no right being there.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭Potential Underachiever

If we can't do them over 2 legs we've no right being there.

Obviously as Utd will be out.

Obviously as Utd will be out.

Bravo

• Registered Users Posts: 2,582 ✭✭✭NoviGlitzko

Terrific performance. Just goes to show them early goals we've conceded recently have been killing us with teams happy to sit back and let us come at them.

Rooney was on another planet tonight. I'm sick he can't play against Everton. Mkhitaryan has to start on Sunday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,596 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭Potential Underachiever

Bravo

raw

I swear Jones did that on purpose the fecking edjit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,217 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

Valencia and Miki worked well together on the right I thought. Basti looked so happy while coming on, shame that shot didn't bend a little more, crowd would have went nuts.

Enjoyed that episode of Man United. Hope the Liverpool lads enjoyed it as much, some were quite invested in it when I flicked in to the match thread

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

Valencia and Miki worked well together on the right I thought. Basti looked so happy while coming on, shame that shot didn't bend a little more, crowd would have went nuts.

Enjoyed that episode of Man United. Hope the Liverpool lads enjoyed it as much, some were quite invested in it when I flicked in to the match thread

There's a lad there atm that thinks Mourinho and Neville are one person. He's confusing me his posts are so random.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,754 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Phil Jones does stuff that is a bit crazy.

Please stay injury free...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

I thought it was a decent game actually. Happy we avoided ye in the draw

Lol thanks dave

Phil text me said he meant it

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Great performance tonight,all action stuff

Lets hope for a very good December :)

Highly enjoyable match, made sweeter by the formation of the Redemption Gang - Mkhitaryan, Martial, Rooney and.....Schweinsteiger!?! Happy for them all, but especially Martial and Schweini.

Jose gave Schweinsteiger a one in a million chance that he would ever play for United again. Bastian said "fair enough", took those odds and went and trained his bollix off reportedly, to the point that he made it onto the field tonight and was effective. Great for Bastian, also the team since he was instrumental in the creation of that 4th goal. Great example for the entire squad though - No matter what the manager previously said, if you put the work in and show that you are deserving of a place, you will get your chance. Jose has also shown that hard work in training can't be ignored with the likes of Mkhitaryan and Rooney making it back onto the field, and back into form.

That break on the sidelines, that beard, that wedding, something has reignited the fire in Rooney. He is coming along nicely these last few games with each appearance bringing him on that bit more. Jose is going to have the good sort of headache in trying to choose from some of these firing attacking players - Mata, Mkhi, Rooney, now Martial thankfully making a claim once again. With Ibra winning the battle in the search for his touch in front of goal, it is important that he remains at the head of whatever attack, for now.

Very promising stuff, desperately need 3 points this Sunday though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

If we can put them away like that consistently we'll be a force again.

If being the pivotal word.

Jose post-match interview...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,029 ✭✭✭tastyt

I cant understand how there isnt more love for zlatan in this thread.

Ye are such a good team to watch this season compared to the last few and a lot of it is down to him. Most of the good stuff ye play comes off him and his strength and touch.

It seems some people would prefer a welbeck/workhorse player who charges around full of energy but without hald the class of ibra.

He has 11 goals, and if he had a bit more luck or goalkeepers weren't on fire hed have 15/16 before the start of December which would be a goal a game. Some things have definitely gone wrong at United so far but zlatan isnt one of them. Pure class

tastyt wrote: »
    I cant understand how there isnt more love for zlatan in this thread.

Ye are such a good team to watch this season compared to the last few and a lot of it is down to him. Most of the good stuff ye play comes off him and his strength and touch.

It seems some people would prefer a welbeck/workhorse player who charges around full of energy but without hald the class of ibra.

He has 11 goals, and if he had a bit more luck or goalkeepers weren't on fire hed have 15/16 before the start of December which would be a goal a game. Some things have definitely gone wrong at United so far but zlatan isnt one of them. Pure class

He's well loved here but he missed a heap of great chances in the league recently that's cost us points.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

tastyt wrote: »
    and if he had a bit more luck or goalkeepers weren't on fire pace and better finishing hed have 15/16 before the start of December

Fixed that for you.

Great pic

2v8sk08.jpg

• Advertisement

He's well loved here but he missed a heap of great chances in the league recently that's cost us points.

I dont agree I think he has gained us points but the thing we have to remember is a lesser player may not of even been in a position to have a chance rooney was so bad at one stage he couldn't even get into the box.

Like Zlatan said himself he has scored more then 450 goals if he keeps getting into them positions he will eventually score more often then not.

Ah yeah, in general he's been brilliant for us. Looks like the young players are all really in awe of him too. Just that he's got a bit of criticism lately because the misses hurt.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,104 ✭✭✭markc91

Robson99 wrote: »
    What changes to that team now for weekend???

Mata for Rooney, Pogba for Ander :eek:

markc91 wrote: »

Pogba for Carrick I reckon.

Is there any chance Schweinsteiger forces his way back in here or are they just putting him in the shop window for January?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

Is there any chance Schweinsteiger forces his way back in here or are they just putting him in the shop window for January?

I'd imagine a journalist will ask Jose that question

Will miss the bastian twitter updates though, they've been fun

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,596 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

markc91 wrote: »

Tbf Mata had a poor enough game the weekend so the only change I would make would bring in Pogba for Rooney since Rooney is out for it. Oh and Blind for Shaw

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

I don't know how Mourinho cam justify putting Pogba in the team this weekend.

I'd go

Martial - Zlats - Mkhitaryan
    -Mata-
    Carrick - Herrera

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,948 ✭✭✭0gac3yjefb5sv7

I'd go

-Mata-
    Carrick - Herrera

Actually completely forgot Pogba wasn't in the side last night. I know he's been good...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

I'd go

-Mata-
    Carrick - Herrera

Because pogba is world class and has been playing very well last few weeks getting better every game

I'd go

-Mata-
    Carrick - Herrera

Id have pogba in that team all day long he was one of our better players for past few week. What did ander do last night to be an auto selection that pogba doesn't do? I didn't think he was anyway standout at all apart from his running and a few basic passes.

jayo26 wrote: »
    Id have pogba in that team all day long he was one of our better players for past few week. What did ander do last night to be an auto selection that pogba doesn't do? I didn't think he was anyway standout at all apart from his running and a few basic passes.

Herrera did provide an assist but yes Pogba all day long

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,476 ✭✭✭Comic Book Guy

The Manchester derby tie will be switched if we get past Hull in the league cup.

Any general idea of when it would be re fixed for?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,519 ✭✭✭Flint Fredstone

Pogba has been class of late as has Mata bar a quiet enough game on Sunday. Both start for me every time.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭bantee

Hopefully Lingard doesn't get near the first 11 for a while, he's provided nothing of note lately besides his dabbing celebrations.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,992 ✭✭✭paulbok

I swear Jones did that on purpose the fecking edjit.

Yep, and now he's out for six weeks with whiplash

• Advertisement

bantee wrote: »
    Hopefully Lingard doesn't get near the first 11 for a while, he's provided nothing of note lately besides his dabbing celebrations.

Always space for jessie in the team he is prone to brsinfarts but he is also a big game player he is handy coming off the bench he don't need to start games to pull something out of bag.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,948 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Keep Jesse for the Wembley games. He loves a goal at Wembley.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Rooney to remain England captain,it must be the beard.

Bearded Rooney > Shaven Rooney.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,017 ✭✭✭sReq | uTeK

Jesus I can't understand why people have been having a moan at Zlatan. Our interplay and exchange is significantly better with him in the team. Guy is a class act. 11 goals to date that's a great return. He's well on track for 20 plus a season which is a great return.

We looked good last night. Martial had some nice dribbling. Hopefully those 2 goals give him some confidence back.

I've been on Rooneys back but it looks like he time out of the time has made him hungrier. He was class tonight.

Miki looked great.

Enjoying our football again.

Thank you Jose

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Angry Wazza = The old Wazza :D

I love ander, I think we all do but his biggest deficiency was there for all to see last night again. People can drift past him with the ball and it happens regularly every game. If he had half the positioning of Carrick he'd be a top player.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

Was he captain last night? a lot of people (myself included) said when he got the armband he lost his fire and aggression good to see it back

• Registered Users Posts: 2,531 ✭✭✭magnumbud

The Manchester derby tie will be switched if we get past Hull in the league cup.

Any general idea of when it would be re fixed for?

impossible to tell, depends on city and our progress in the fa cup and CL/EL too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,406 ✭✭✭Korat

The kick in the face seemed to inspire Rooney. Maybe Jose could throw a boot at him, from a safe distance, before every game in future.

Although the FA would probably charge them both for something like that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭crkball6

11 goals to date that's a great return.

Goes to show how good people expect him to be 11 goals by November and people think it's a poor return :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement