Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2017

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,999 ✭✭✭Backstreet Moyes

Got Phil Jones into the fantasy team big risk.

On another note anyone who questions are we playing better.

Just think of how many games De Gea had to pull off loads of saves in a game the last few years.

Compared to this season I forget he is playing some games.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,767 ✭✭✭✭Leroy42

Nuts102 wrote: »

Just think of how many games De Gea had to pull off loads of saves in a game the last few years.

Except that he has dropped a few clangers already this season. Needs to up his game again, seems to have dropped off a bit. Maybe time to give Romero a bit of a run in the EPL to get DDG fired up again

• Registered Users Posts: 2,531 ✭✭✭magnumbud

Nuts102 wrote: »

we may have improved in other departments but we are conceding more goals than we have usually.

tbh by the high standards he set i think de gea is having a poor season. not making saves he would have made in his sleep over the last few years

• Registered Users Posts: 892 ✭✭✭Delboy5

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

In fairness to Degea he's spent the last few seasons being peppered with shots having to make multiple saves every game. Now he's having to get used to doing nothing for 89 minutes but being ready to make that big save when needed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,775 ✭✭✭jimmytwotimes 2013

The chaos crosses cause us in defence is a big worry.

Other than that the performances compared to last year have improved dramatically. Watching United was a chore last year, this year it's entertaining at least.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,519 ✭✭✭Flint Fredstone

Watching United was a chore last year, this year it's entertaining at least.

Wait... I'm confused. I thought we were boring and negative. Remember that 2nd half at Anfield?
    I'm pretty sure we must base all our opinions on the style of play on that 45 minutes... at least it feels that way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

I don't care about the few extra goals we conceded we can't have it both ways it's as simple as putting away a bigger percentage of the clear cut chances we make. If we had of scored another go four or five goals we would not be even thinking about de gea.

What would concern me is the lack of concentration in conceded goals at stupid times in the first five minutes that something we have to cut out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

The chaos crosses cause us in defence is a big worry.

Other than that the performances compared to last year have improved dramatically. Watching United was a chore last year, this year it's entertaining at least.

I agree and it is partly down to the defenders but also partly down to De Gea.
    For all his brilliant goal keeping attributes, the one major flaw in his game is his reluctance to leave his line.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

The number of goals we have conceded is a minor concern to my mind, we aren't exactly leaking goals by the dozens are we. Certain goals at certain times have hurt us but as has already been said, had we put away our chances those goals conceded would be irrelevant. 15 goals conceded, 18 goals scored, its not the goals conceded tally that is problem out of those two numbers.

If anybody has time they might want to go back through Fergies years and check the goals conceded column, they might find it interesting. In the treble year for instance we conceded 20 more league goals than 2nd placed Arsenal...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

to be honest i wouldnt care if we conceded ever game but won them.

The biggest and most important issue right now is scoring goals and untill that is sorted we wont make any progress.

• Registered Users Posts: 527 ✭✭✭Lukekul

Jose's presser

Ooooooh. He said process and philosophy!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,945 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Received some devestating news yesterday :mad:

One of my Fav bands, The Dropkick Murphys, are releasing a new album in January, they've covered 'You'll never walk alone" on it

I know it's only a crap song but i am genuinely pisssed off over this, not a hope i'll be buying the album

Yes, my hatred runs deep

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,071 ✭✭✭user2011

scudzilla wrote: »

One of my Fav bands, The Dropkick Murphys, are releasing a new album in January, they've covered 'You'll never walk alone" on it

I know it's only a crap song but i am genuinely pisssed off over this, not a hope i'll be buying the album

Yes, my hatred runs deep

Not enough of those mad faces can be posted!!!

Time to find a new band.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,017 ✭✭✭sReq | uTeK

Lukekul wrote: »

Jose's presser

I like determination....well done Bastion

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,705 ✭✭✭54and56

Yes, my hatred runs deep

Your hatred may run deep but I hope your devotion to your favourite football club runs deeper than your devotion to your favourite band as they released YNWA on YouTube back in Feb. You're just 10 months out of date there ;)

Quite a good version actually :D

Your hatred may run deep but I hope your devotion to your favourite football club runs deeper than your devotion to your favourite band as they released YNWA on YouTube back in Feb. You're just 10 months out of date there ;)

Quite a good version actually :D

the band didn't release it, some fan uploaded it to youtube, they've now put it down on vinyl, which my original post said.

not even gonna click on that link or i'll spew

the band didn't release it, some fan uploaded it to youtube, they've now put it down on vinyl, which my original post said.

not even gonna click on that link or i'll spew

OK, so maybe the band didn't publish YNWA on their official band channel but given they are one of your favourite bands I'm surprised that in addition to the Feb video you didn't notice the following:-

June 2016

or my personal favourite the version at the Hurricane Festival in Germany but only uploaded last month which sees 40,000 belting it out.

From a purely musical perspective, putting football related matters aside, which version of YNWA do you think the Dropkick Murphy's are most proud of?

From a purely musical perspective, putting football related matters aside, which version of YNWA do you think the Dropkick Murphy's are most proud of?

really :rolleyes::rolleyes:

• Advertisement

Je Suis Yawn strikes again.

Again??? :D

I know its a bit OT but I was just responding to Scudzilla ;)

I'll leave it there so.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭mewe

I'll just leave this here.

So he must have been taken an avid interest in this thread, bet he even boasted in their own thread waht he's done.

Again??? :D

I know its a bit OT but I was just responding to Scudzilla ;)

I'll leave it there so.

Nah, you were just seeing how many videos of You'll Never Walk Alone you could get in the United thread.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,372 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

In fairness YNWA was a United song and Celtic use it so it's not that bad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

Liam O wrote: »
    In fairness YNWA was a United song and Celtic use it so it's not that bad.

And about 20 other clubs mostly in Germany. And it's been covered by literally everyone over the years, Elvis, Johnny Cash, Frank Sinatra, Pink Floyd, Nina Simone, Louis Armstrong, Paul McCartney (Everton fan)......and many many more. It's definitely not just a Liverpool FC thing

8-10 wrote: »
    It's definitely not just a Liverpool FC thing

In the context of the posting this thread it most certainly is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

Nah, you were just seeing how many videos of You'll Never Walk Alone you could get in the United thread.

With cunning plans like that, so perfectly executed, I really think he is in with a shout of being the next Bond villain.

latest?cb=20110108084949

I dunno why people would get in a lather about a shyte song tbh.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

adox wrote: »
    8-10 wrote: »
    It's definitely not just a Liverpool FC thing

In the context of the posting this thread it most certainly is.

If the OP feels that strongly about making that link that he's not going to buy the album then fair enough, but I don't see the issue.

Sure in this day and age you can easily download an album and delete an individual track or make a playlist and never have to go near it. What I'm saying is that them recording it has nothing to do with Liverpool so staying away completely on principle doesn't seem to make sense to me, if anything it's probably because of Celtic that they picked it up?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Right lads, back on topic please. Mods will look over the last few posts and make the decision on if anything needs to be done, but in the meantime, back to Man United please.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,775 ✭✭✭jimmytwotimes 2013

https://twitter.com/90sfootball/status/804772125689180160

Hadn't seen this before. A letter from Fergie to Cantona after he'd retired. Is it legit? Sure plenty here have seen before.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,596 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

https://twitter.com/90sfootball/status/804772125689180160

Hadn't seen this before. A letter from Fergie to Cantona after he'd retired. Is it legit? Sure plenty here have seen before.

Yeah have seen that over the years, i think Fergie and/or Cantona confirmed that it was real a few years ago.

Shows the man that Fergie was to the players and why players still refer to him as the Boss even when the leave/retire

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,844 ✭✭✭py2006

It doesn't really sound like Alex. Why is he talking about how the team is doing?? Odd

Anyone see the Joe Hart interview on Sky sports news? Absolutely brilliant attitude from that guy and further shows what I thought for a long time that he's an absolute gentleman.

Jayop wrote: »
    Anyone see the Joe Hart interview on Sky sports news? Absolutely brilliant attitude from that guy and further shows what I thought for a long time that he's an absolute gentleman.

Van Gaal should never of let him go he a superstar :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,559 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

Jayop wrote: »

Always thought he came across as a complete ass hole.Maybe his fall from grace gave him some humility .

yabadabado wrote: »
    Always thought he came across as a complete ass hole.Maybe his fall from grace gave him some humility .

I seen him doing that thing on sky news where they meet a fan that's been sick and I thought he was one of the nicest blokes but you can't tell Same as anyone when the cameras are rolling.

• Advertisement

yabadabado wrote: »

Nah he was always the same when getting interviewed. Seems a sound bloke. Cocky git when on the field but tbf he was a top player so entitled to a bit of that.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,177 ✭✭✭TheTownie

Hazzard wow

• Registered Users Posts: 3,576 ✭✭✭deaddonkey15

Hard to believe how good Chelsea have been recently. On paper at least, their squad and first team isn't really much better than our own.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Utd arent even playing and Tyler still had to mention Jose

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,136 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

What a first season from Conte to turn around the Chelsea team.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

City have the same problems as us can't finish their chances but have a worse defence

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Conor Mcgregor would be proud of that flying tackle

• Registered Users Posts: 3,576 ✭✭✭deaddonkey15

That was shocking from Aguero.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

Is Pep a broken toilet?

Jaysus all kicked off at the Etihad. Delighted to see Augero off for a shocker of a challenge like that. Got away with it too often.

WTF was Fernandinho at with Fabregas? Deserved red too. Crowd involved and everything. Mad!

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement