Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2017

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

That was shocking from Aguero.

He has a history of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭Bret Hart

Perfect start too the weekend.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

Bret Hart wrote: »
    Perfect start too the weekend.

I'm happy enough to see Chelsea continue winning tbh.

Its really a case of ABL at this point.

Big game for us tomorrow. Players should be well rested and anything other than 3 points is unacceptable.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,576 ✭✭✭deaddonkey15

2 straight reds for City I think, hopefully some more dropped points as a result.

Big game for us tomorrow. Players should be well rested and anything other than 3 points is unacceptable.

I have a feeling Arsenal / Liverpool may drop points also

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

For me, they are the best of a bad lot.

Pool and City winning are obviously a no-no cause of rivalry. Spurs, I'd hate to win cause the longer they go without winning, the more likely Poch will be nabbed to somewhere else like Real and that will take them back down a peg or two.

Chelsea....it will generate a load of "they were right to sack Jose" stuff aimed at us, but overall, best of a bad lot :/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

Lord TSC wrote: »
    For me, they are the best of a bad lot.

Pool and City winning are obviously a no-no cause of rivalry. Spurs, I'd hate to win cause the longer they go without winning, the more likely Poch will be nabbed to somewhere else like Real and that will take them back down a peg or two.

Chelsea....it will generate a load of "they were right to sack Jose" stuff aimed at us, but overall, best of a bad lot :/

I wouldn't particularly mind seeing Arsenal winning it either tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,136 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

If United don't win league I don't give a ****e!

It's just a case of the best worst winner after that.

So I dunno....... Swansea?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

I wouldn't particularly mind seeing Arsenal winning it either tbh.

God no. They are insufferable enough already

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Anyone but pool for me that's all. Apart from in here I don't know any city or Chelsea fans so that's grand and one arsenal fan that we all laugh at so that's OK then. I don't even hate Liverpool the club I just have 3 pool brothers that are extreme and I dislike them enough as it is.

• Advertisement

Phil laughs at the idea of Liverpool wining the league....
    But I will let them get jollys and BOOKMARK! :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

stankratz wrote: »
    As for who I'd prefer to see win the title now that United won't

Not out of it yet. Massive few weeks over Christmas when many will drop points. Plus, Zlatan is good for a title with every new team

Andreas Pereira is enjoying a rare thing at the moment - A decent loan spell for a United player with another club. Bagged his first goal for Granada earlier in their win against Sevilla...

https://streamable.com/3egp

That goal goes along with the one assist he's gotten in his 12 appearances so far. He's not setting La Liga on fire but from the highlights that I've seen of most games he's been involved in, he's been solid and most importantly, getting games in a competitive league.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

david Luiz has been a fantastic signing for chelsea

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

Didn't see it but friends told me pep sarcastically applauded the ref when they got a free,

If true that is annoying as we know if that was José he would have easily gotten red and the media would rip him apart

stankratz wrote: »
    As for who I'd prefer to see win the title now that United won't, I would like to see the list of EPL-winning clubs remain short and exclusive. Especially after taking in new membership only last season. Chelsea or Arsenal would be the least bitter for me.

However, that's just me. The effect of Arsene winning the PL in the 2010s might have a catastrophic effect on Jose :pac:

Luiz gave an excellent interview post match when asked by Shreeves about the tackle by Augero. Totally played it down and started talking about the plane crash in South America.

Never my favourite player and he's still a bit of a joke defender, but he was pure class in the interview.

Hococop wrote: »
    Didn't see it but friends told me pep sarcastically applauded the ref when they got a free,

If true that is annoying as we know if that was José he would have easily gotten red and the media would rip him apart

And laughed like a psychopath during it. It was a little bizzare.

bangkok wrote: »
    david Luiz has been a fantastic signing for chelsea

He still looks the comedy defender he has always been to me.

Hard to believe how good Chelsea have been recently. On paper at least, their squad and first team isn't really much better than our own.

That squad won the league 2 years ago and has only added to it since without losing anyone of note

• Advertisement

Hococop wrote: »

https://twitter.com/allforunited/status/805074741862273026

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

That squad won the league 2 years ago and has only added to it since without losing anyone of note

Any objective look at both teams puts Chelsea's first 11 well ahead of United's. Perhaps the most significant difference is up front, they have Hazard and Costa in their prime, in form, and in a unit that has been together for a few years now. Thats hugely significant compared to Uniteds collection of too old/too young players cobbled together after 3 years of mismanagement.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

It's never really bothered me who won the league if United dont.

All fans are unsufferable when they win league.I'm sure we're unsufferable when we won the league.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,576 ✭✭✭deaddonkey15

I'm aware of that, but man for man I don't think their squad is much stronger than ours.

8-10 wrote: »
    Not out of it yet. Massive few weeks over Christmas when many will drop points. Plus, Zlatan is good for a title with every new team

In case you weren't saying that while trying to hold in your laughter...

Just looking at the table after Chelsea's win today, 14 points between United and them, sure you could dock a ship in that gap. Seriously, it might not be completely insurmountable or mathematically impossible, but it's not very likely. Both Zlatan and Jose good for titles at new clubs, not this season though.

Many of us in here are seeing a massive improvement in the football at Jose's United and that is promising, despite the series of draws and the league position. Some of those draws, we did everything but hit the net with a winner, like v Burnley and Stoke. Against West Ham last week Rashford, Zlatan and Lingard all missed clear-cut chances which could have sent United in 4-1 at half-time. Against Arsenal the week before, it was a closer tie, but some bad defensive errors lead to Giroud's last minute equaliser. They are 6-8 points easily dropped from United. I say that because even adding those points on to United's current return in the league, that would still leave us 6th behind Spurs at worst (+6 points) or level on points with Arsenal but behind them on GD in 5th, at best (+8 points). So even if the 'ifs' were reality and we won those games, there would still be some work to do and ground to be made up.

Unlikely points will be dropped by all of the Top 6 over the busy Christmas run, but it would take a few of those teams to implode along with United going on a winning streak in order to seriously improve our title chances. Never wanted it anyway, not this season, EFL and Europa are the great competitions of world football, period. :pac:

...and just as I go to double-check that I have my league positions correct, I see that West Brom have now pushed us down to 7th.

adox wrote: »

The signs were there earlier in the season on how the media were going to portray Pep compared to Jose. At the height of City's unbeaten streak, Pep's "What the fúck?" response when a journo asked him a harmless football question after a City EFL win went largely unreported, and when reported it was in Pep's favour (Think it was the Indo that sided with him for having to put up with such a question)

Journo: "Following such an impressive start, can your Man City team go on and dominate all 4 competitions?"

Pep: "What the fúck?" *awkward silence ensues*

Media: Nothing to see here.

At the very same time, Jose was whipped for saying that his defender was out of place for the second Watford goal in a match where his United team were largely deserving of criticism.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

Sanchez is such a great player

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,596 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

That dummy for the last goal was a thing of beauty

• Registered Users Posts: 2,489 ✭✭✭Ordinary man

Too good to be at arsenal

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭FixitFelix

He should be at the current power house that is UTD hahahahaha

And wasn't good enough for barcelona

• Advertisement

He still looks the comedy defender he has always been to me.

He has been brilliant this season. Always said he was a class defender when he just did the basics correct

He has been brilliant this season. Always said he was a class defender when he just did the basics correct

We will agree to disagree.

Smalling and Luis for Barcelona I say that some ketchup :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

The commentary today mentioned the ref ignoring Pep while Jose was punished,they asked about fairness and why one got sent to the stand and banned while another got away scot free.

Jose is the bad boy while Pep is the golden child.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

On Soccer Saturday they showed Jose kicking the water bottle again and it remains a complete load of bollocks. A red card for that ****e? And then armchair psychologists using it as proof that he was losing it and that the pressure was too much for him to handle. Give me a break.

Personally, I hope he kicks ten more water bottles and is up in front of the FA all season and I hope the insidious golden boy Pep keeps getting away with murder, because there is nothing like media hypocrisy to help develop a good old siege mentality in a club.

jayo26 wrote: »
    Smalling and Luis for Barcelona I say that some ketchup :)

He would have done a much better job that mascherano did today. Awful for Ramos goal

We really need to put a run together for the next two months to try make up ground. The rest ahead of us have some big games we should be back in touching distance of at least top four by mid January if we keep converting chances.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

At least City will have Aguero out for a minimum 4 games. 2 straight reds this season.
    That's the second time he's done Luiz too,he really must hate him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

zerks wrote: »
    At least City will have Aguero out for a minimum 4 games. 2 straight reds this season.

Handy enough games though apart from Arsenal. I'm glad he's back for Liverpool.

zerks wrote: »

He is frustrated that Luiz has marked him out of the game again

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,948 ✭✭✭0gac3yjefb5sv7

Aguero tackle wasn't half as bad as people were saying. Probably a red. Luiz tackle on Fellaini was much worse so glad to see a bit of Karma!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

Pheonix10 wrote: »
    Aguero tackle wasn't half as bad as people were saying. Probably a red. Luiz tackle on Fellaini was much worse so glad to see a bit of Karma!

If luiz leg was planted on the ground good chance it would have been a leg breaker

It was a ****ing awful challenge.

Karma me bollix.

Ya don't wish karma with a challenge like that even as much as i dislike luiz.

Imagine the devastation in the press if that was rooney making that challenge he would be destroyed by media and striped of his passport.

It was a ****ing awful challenge.

Karma me bollix.

Nah not at all. Watch it again. Anyway Luiz is a ****.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

It really was.

Johner wrote: »
    It really was.

Nah.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Nah.

You're in the minority so.

Nah not at all. Watch it again. Anyway Luiz is a ****.

I've watched it numerous times. As bad a tackle as you'll see. Your post was utter nonsense trying to play it down and all that karma ****e.

• Advertisement

I've watched it numerous times. As bad a tackle as you'll see. Your post was utter nonsense trying to play it down and all that karma ****e.

It really isn't. Definitely not even close to as bad as a tackle to some I've seen!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement