Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2017

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,594 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Lads, UFC spoilers :( deleted the posts for those who had not watched it live....

Like me. Who came here thinking it was safe from such things :(

If you plan on watching the whole thing, your in for a bleedin treat. Some great fights.

astradave wrote: »
    It's his opinion piece, Ollie has had a gripe with Jose the last few years anywaYs. Never has anything positive to say these days. I personally wouldn't take anything he says on the matter seriously.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3930676/Jose-Mourinho-looks-sour-glum-Manchester-United-manager-s-aura-crumbling-rivals-steal-ground-Premier-League.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,453 ✭✭✭✭nullzero
    °°°°°

jharr100 wrote: »
    Oliver Holt reckons Jose is heading for endgame .. pretty depressing column in the mail online .

Oliver Holt is a hack, the daily mail is a rag that is losing advertising revenue owed to its inherent xenophobia and scare mongering, so this article is part for the course.

Glazers Out!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

Lord TSC wrote:
    Lads, UFC spoilers deleted the posts for those who had not watched it live....

Like me. Who came here thinking it was safe from such things

What kinda rookie are you TSC,why would you not have watched it live
    I've be up since yesterday morning,three nephews under ten here with me
    Nespresso I'd your friend
    astradave wrote:
    If you plan on watching the whole thing, your in for a bleedin treat. Some great fights.

#epic
    Had it all
    Get in the train
    #teambrinty
    #thehypeisreal

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Lads, UFC spoilers :( deleted the posts for those who had not watched it live....

Like me. Who came here thinking it was safe from such things :(

Ruining my breaking news. Now I may wait until Wednesday to post the result after 3e show the fight.

• Advertisement

zerks wrote:
    Ruining my breaking news. Now I may wait until Wednesday to post the result after 3e show the fight.

Yea that's ruining the whole #breakingnewsguy persona

brinty wrote: »
    Yea that's ruining the whole #breakingnewsguy persona

#nostereotypes

Papers going with a lot of transfer gossip,the big one being Rooney to be sold/let go.
    James Rodriguez is being made available by Madrid,could be an option.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,773 ✭✭✭jimmytwotimes 2013

zerks wrote: »
    #nostereotypes

Papers going with a lot of transfer gossip,the big one being Rooney to be sold/let go.
    James Rodriguez is being made available by Madrid,could be an option.

I would pass on Hames anyway. A RB, CB and DM would be more of a priority.

We have the attack minded midfielder with no pace well covered.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,519 ✭✭✭Flint Fredstone

I would pass on Hames anyway. A RB, CB and DM would be more of a priority.

We have the attack minded midfielder with no pace well covered.

Ugggh... bugbear of mine.
    Anyway, we're alright with Hwan Mata as it is.

Mkhitaryan saying all the right things despite more rumours of a loan move back to Dortmund.

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/manchester-united-news-mkhitaryan-mourinho-12168318

“Regarding Jose Mourinho, I hope I can learn a lot from him. He is a coach with a fantastic record.

“There are no disappointments, just challenges.

“I never stop or give up when I encounter obstacles in my way. I just continue going until I reach my career objectives.

“Today I don’t have enough playing time, so I have to do all my best so the coaching staff gives me the chance to play."

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Ugggh... bugbear of mine.
    Anyway, we're alright with Hwan Mata as it is.

He a friend of Rocko?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,519 ✭✭✭Flint Fredstone

He a friend of Rocko?

No but I think he is good friends with Yanoozeye and the heya.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭Potential Underachiever

No but I think he is good friends with Yanoozeye and the heya.

Don't forget the pie.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,948 ✭✭✭0gac3yjefb5sv7

Cant wait for the game next weekend...reckon it will be a draw.

Koeman asked is morning about Memphis to Everton.

"I'd love to have him at Everton i think he is an Interesting player with individual qualities who is dangerous and scores all he needs is to play more games"

Was said on a Dutch radio show.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

Koeman asked is morning about Memphis to Everton.

"I'd love to have him at Everton i think he is an Interesting player with individual qualities who is dangerous and scores all he needs is to play more games"

Was said on a Dutch radio show.

Would be good for him and the club for him to move on in January, maybe a loan deal but could see him being sold

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

a perfect move for him, half a season worth of games at a club with average expectations. If he can't perform there he's a lost cause, sell him in the summer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,159 ✭✭✭Cypher_sounds

https://twitter.com/football_oranje/status/797868195352838145

Something we have rarely seen, Memphis scoring.

Between their manager discussing him this morning, and now this....

oP34kYC.jpg

...I reckon his move, be it loan or transer, must be pretty much done.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,768 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

https://twitter.com/football_oranje/status/797868195352838145

Something we have rarely seen, Memphis scoring.

or playing even

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,225 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

jayo26 wrote: »

Probably had a pizza and a garlic cheese chip after that. Porky. I know he's not fat.

Between their manager discussing him this morning, and now this....

oP34kYC.jpg

...I reckon his move, be it loan or transer, must be pretty much done.

Scored a Free kick too

https://streamable.com/nsgs

Also about Shaw, more leaks have come out about him, from "people close to him", saying he thinks that he is now out of favour and Mourinho doesn't want him..

If it has come from anyone close to him/his brother.. he really needs to nip this stuff in the bud and stop them going to the press..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,511 ✭✭✭VW 1

What has happened to Daley's glorious hair do

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,948 ✭✭✭0gac3yjefb5sv7

Pics?

https://www.instagram.com/p/BMw7ev4gQ5w/

Let the speculation begin.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,640 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

https://www.instagram.com/p/BMw7ev4gQ5w/

God I hope not

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

Headshot wrote: »
    God I hope not

You are missing the bigger picture......

Shakira

Need I say more

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,948 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

VW 1 wrote: »
    What has happened to Daley's glorious hair do

Bout time he got a hair cut. Hated the knot he had going on.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,511 ✭✭✭VW 1

Pheonix10 wrote:
    Pics?

At the end of the video linked for depays free kick goal.

Headshot wrote: »
    God I hope not

Saying no to a top class centre back?!

bangkok wrote: »
    Saying no to a top class centre back?!

He aint as good as mike

Very rarely injured. (He's actually out injured at the mo :D)

Papers saying Koeman wants Morgan along with Depay.

• Advertisement

Lord TSC wrote:

He's no Mike Smalling... thank god... he's far superior
    Shakira in Manchester
    Yum yum

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,233 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

If koeman wants Morgan and delay who would we want in exchange? Or just a cash deal..

If koeman wants Morgan and delay who would we want in exchange? Or just a cash deal..

Only one I'd want from them would be Lukaku I don't think they have much else left.

Coleman?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Cash please. Outside of Lukaku they have nothing of note and they wouldn't be selling him.

Granted I wouldn't sell either, but I'm starting to come to terms that Schneiderlan is not getting a fair go and probably won't hang around, nor should he. Memphis I'd be shocked if was sold. If anything that is a loan deal.

Watched the dutch game last night. Blind and Memphis both played well. Pitch was terrible and it made for a brutal match. Such a weak dutch team though, can't remember a Dutch team in my life this lacking in all round quality.

Considering the brutal form of Martial and Rashford looking pretty wiped lately, Memphis should well have just given Mourinho a big headache ahead of Arsenal.

• Advertisement

Lukaku would be a super signing and was only the other day that Koeman was saying Lukaku needs to go to a bigger club to fulfill his potential.

Also Lukaku would be valued around 40-50m so we would end up paying money on top of depay and morgan if they both left so cant see it happening.

Can see depay being sold on his own for around 12m

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,830 ✭✭✭Cookie_Dough

Lukaku would be a super signing and was only the other day that Koeman was saying Lukaku needs to go to a bigger club to fulfill his potential.

Also Lukaku would be valued around 40-50m so we would end up paying money on top of depay and morgan if they both left so cant see it happening.

Can see depay being sold on his own for around 12m

This is a very strange statement for a manager to make IMO. I understand it was a compliment to the player but I doubt Koeman's bosses would look kindly on him basically saying that Everton are not big enough to have top players.

This is a very strange statement for a manager to make IMO. I understand it was a compliment to the player but I doubt Koeman's bosses would look kindly on him basically saying that Everton are not big enough to have top players.

They are not big enough though and the owners are not stupid they already know this.... I would say lukaku was told last year if he gave Everton one more season they would sell him next summer

They are not big enough though and the owners are not stupid they already know this.... I would say lukaku was told last year if he gave Everton one more season they would sell him next summer

True, but I still think it was a bit weird for him to publicly say it.

Further to your earlier point also, I would like to see Depay maybe just loaned out initially to see how he gets on, admittedly he hasn't lived up to the hype/expectation so far but he's still young. Maybe if he gets regular gametime he can show his worth and José might reconsider him. It will be interesting to see what happens with him anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

Not really. Could already be in negotiations to cash in on him and you might as well start getting the fans acclimatised to the idea.

Further to your earlier point also, I would like to see Depay maybe just loaned out initially to see how he gets on, admittedly he hasn't lived up to the hype/expectation so far but he's still young. Maybe if he gets regular gametime he can show his worth and José might reconsider him. It will be interesting to see what happens with him anyway.

yea but i think his chance has gone. Rashford is now on the scene and is already a much better player, martial is there, Mkhitarayan still to get his chance, Lingard, i have a feeling he will be sold.

i think greizemann will be signed next summer as well so some players are going to moved on as jose moulds the squad the way he likes

I agree with bangkok I think jose is as much intrested in a team with his mentality as he is with ability. I think we are going to be left scratching our heads alot over next couple of years but I trust he will get it right.

yea but i think his chance has gone. Rashford is now on the scene and is already a much better player, martial is there, Mkhitarayan still to get his chance, Lingard, i have a feeling he will be sold.

i think greizemann will be signed next summer as well so some players are going to moved on as jose moulds the squad the way he likes

Yeah we have a few players that can play there. Whatever happens hopefully Memphis will do well wherever he goes. It's a pity he didn't live up to the hype though.

Griezmann would be a great signing too, it would be great to have a few young forwards for when Ibra and Rooney are gone.

Yeah we have a few players that can play there. Whatever happens hopefully Memphis will do well wherever he goes. It's a pity he didn't live up to the hype though.

Griezmann would be a great signing too, it would be great to have a few young forwards for when Ibra and Rooney are gone.

Greizmann would be fantastic, Diego Godin would be incredible as well

• Registered Users Posts: 527 ✭✭✭Lukekul

Greizmann would be fantastic, Diego Godin would be incredible as well

Athleticos Head Scout might be the way to go :D

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement