Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2017

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

Pheonix10 wrote: »
    It really isn't. Definitely not even close to as bad as a tackle to some I've seen!

Look it's semantics whether it's the worst tackle of all time or whatever.

The point is your original post was just utter nonsense. You embarrassed yourself trying to play the challenge down and saying that Luiz deserved it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

It really isn't. Definitely not even close to as bad as a tackle to some I've seen!

How can you not say that wasn't a bad challenge. It was a ridiculous challenge.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,519 ✭✭✭Flint Fredstone

Some people just get their kicks from going against the grain.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,596 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,948 ✭✭✭0gac3yjefb5sv7

LOL.

• Advertisement

adox wrote: »
    Look it's semantics whether it's the worst tackle of all time or whatever.

The point is your original post was just utter nonsense. You embarrassed yourself trying to play the challenge down and saying that Luiz deserved it.

Hahahaha

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,217 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

The missus thinks Pep has aged terribly this season already, thats what we took away from MOTD.

That and the hilarity that is Dele Alli swan diving for a penalty and getting it.

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Registered Users Posts: 33,754 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

On a side note, happy to see fortunes improving for Moyes.

Very good results today for Chelsea and Arsenal.
    United just have to concentrate on their own games and close the points difference over time.
    They have till May to slowly close the gap...and win the league.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

The morning papers,
    Barca and Real want Martial. A possible deal involving James is one option or a £60 million fee.

Roma want Memphis on loan with an option of a £21 million permanent deal. Everton also looking for him and possibly Rooney.

United have signed the Dutch u17 captain from Ajax.

Virgil van Dijk has a £25 million buyout clause with United among several clubs interested.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,071 ✭✭✭user2011

RobertKK wrote: »
    On a side note, happy to see fortunes improving for Moyes.

Very good results today for Chelsea and Arsenal.
    United just have to concentrate on their own games and close the points difference over time.
    They have till May to slowly close the gap...and win the league.

Amen to horse****! :D:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭bmcc10

zerks wrote: »
    The morning papers,
    Barca and Real want Martial. A possible deal involving James is one option or a £60 million fee.

Roma want Memphis on loan with an option of a £21 million permanent deal. Everton also looking for him and possibly Rooney.

Virgil van Dijk has a £25 million buyout clause with United among several clubs interested.

Can both keep there hands off Tony

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,017 ✭✭✭sReq | uTeK

Hahahaha

The hahahah compounds your ignorance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,559 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

zerks wrote: »
    The morning papers,

Van Dijk would be a really good signing have been impressed with him whenever I have watched Southampton.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

It will be fun to see how the city and Chelsea bench get punished for the actions yesterday seen as jose got a one game ban for kicking a waterbottle.

I know alot jose brings on himself but the stark contrast to how both incidents are reported it does show that he does get away with less then others like some of the press are blaming the ref for Sergio making the tackle on luiz.

Will pep get punished for applauding a ref seen as rooney got banned for doing same?

Will the benchs be punished for shoving other people surely that is worse then assaulting a waterbottle?

Hopefully jose will use it to compound his all for one mentality on the team.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Lads other then on here in this thread the Pep incident hasn't been reported any where. Not on Sky, Not on MOTD no newspapers ran with it. Nothing!
    It never happened ............

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

MrMac84 wrote: »
    Lads other then on here in this thread the Pep incident hasn't been reported any where. Not on Sky, Not on MOTD no newspapers ran with it. Nothing!

Exactly its unreal the contrast he is the golden boy afterall

He blanked Cesc when he tried to shake his hand too. Imagine the headlines if it was Mourinho.

It's a yellow card for a player if he claps sarcastically at the ref for a decision as it would be if a player kicked a water bottle or the ball away.

Both refs should have gone to the sideline and had a word with the managers and warned them, no more, no less.

What we had were both ends of the extremes which is disappointing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

That's because the ref didn't deal with it, if the bottle kick by jose was ignored by the ref it would be the exact same. Plus enough happened in that game to make a big deal of a clap.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭limnam

EH? MOTD showed a huge newspaper spread with the front page of the sport section with a massive picture of the choke hold on fab.

C'mon..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,476 ✭✭✭Comic Book Guy

limnam wrote: »
    EH? MOTD showed a huge newspaper spread with the front page of the sport section with a massive picture of the choke hold on fab.

C'mon..

That's not what was being discussed. The reference was to Pep sarcastically applauding the ref.

That's not what was being discussed. The reference was to Pep sarcastically applauding the ref.

I'll get my coat.

Why does it bother Utd fans so much how other managers are treated in the media. Try winning some games on the field and stop deflecting the attention away from the poor form with the poor me stories.

niallo27 wrote: »
    Why does it bother Utd fans so much how other managers are treated in the media. Try winning some games on the field and stop deflecting the attention away from the poor form with the poor me stories.

For real? You are a Liverpool fan right?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,690 ✭✭✭ElChe32

giphy.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

You can't expect anybody to listen to you with what you get up to in match threads on a weekly basis here.

You can't expect to be taken seriously when it suits you.

For real? You are a Liverpool fan right?

Yes what's your point.

Duncan Castles saying United are looking to be kept informed as Neymar considers leaving Barcelona.
    He says Neymar has two issues at the club:
    1. His tax problems and he has been advised if he leaves the club, the tax problems will go away.
    2. He wants to be the leading player and at Barcelona it is impossible with Messi being there.

His buyout fee is £180 million but increases every year till 2021, which he says United are willing to pay if Neymar chooses to leave.

You can't expect anybody to listen to you with what you get up to in match threads on a weekly basis here.

You can't expect to be taken seriously when it suits you.

Take the post whatever you want. You know it's the truth though.

• Advertisement

Take the post whatever you want. You know it's the truth though.

You have spent years going on about Fergie's mind games in the media and the psychological hold he had over refs. If anybody was arsed they could find those exact quotes from you and prove your position to be hypocritical in the extreme. Because that's what you do, flip flop opinions to suit whatever statement you are making that is designed to get a rise.

Everyone should agree that all managers should be treated the same and not on reputation.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,924 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

Huge article on Jose & tax avoidance in the Sunday Times - can't link as it's behind a paywall. Calling for an investigation by the UK tax authorities.

You have spent years going on about Fergie's mind games in the media and the psychological hold he had over refs. If anybody was arsed they could find those exact quotes from you and prove your position to be hypocritical in the extreme. Because that's what you do, flip flop opinions to suit whatever statement you are making that is designed to get a rise.

Not everything is about a rise. People can't have an opinion here without being accused of trolling or winding people up.

The hahahah compounds your ignorance.

Sure.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,030 ✭✭✭Minderbinder

Everyone should agree that all managers should be treated the same and not on reputation.

Yes, and it's not like that would be a hard task. It's not like the difficulty in judging the intent or severity of tackles or elbows on the field of play. Even though I'm not Mourinho's biggest fan I'd be fairly certain he is not the only manager to have kicked a water bottle this season but he is the only one to be sanctioned. So now, kicking a water bottle is a sending off offence in the Premier League. We'll see this week if sarcastically applauding and cheering a referee is an offence or something every manager can do whenever they see fit.

• Advertisement

Yes, and it's not like that would be a hard task. It's not like the difficulty in judging the intent or severity of tackles or elbows on the field of play. Even though I'm not Mourinho's biggest fan I'd be fairly certain he is not the only manager to have kicked a water bottle this season but he is the only one to be sanctioned. So now, kicking a water bottle is a sending off offence in the Premier League. We'll see this week if sarcastically applauding and cheering a referee is an offence or something every manager can do whenever they see fit.

What other manager's have kicked a water bottle and not being punished?

Personally I think it's pretty innocent but I'm pretty sure Mourinhio didn't even complain about it and just accepted it

Discodog wrote: »
    Huge article on Jose & tax avoidance in the Sunday Times - can't link as it's behind a paywall. Calling for an investigation by the UK tax authorities.

I think there's nothing in it,Ronaldo and more are in the same scheme.Rich people using legal (but morally dubious) ways of paying less tax is nothing new.
    The money is being routed through Ireland-no surprise there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,030 ✭✭✭Minderbinder

RoboKlopp wrote: »

What other manager's have kicked a water bottle and not being punished?

Personally I think it's pretty innocent but I'm pretty sure Mourinhio didn't even complain about it and just accepted it

I honestly couldn't name one, as I think my post implied. But I'd be shocked if he is the only manager in England to have done so this season. I just don't understand how they judge what is an offence and what isn't. Managers are constantly voicing their disagreement with the decisions of referees. You can shout at them, you can laugh at them, you can sarcastically applaud them, but you can't kick a water bottle. If those are the rules, then that's fine - just let us all know.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,388 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Duncan Castles saying United are looking to be kept informed as Neymar considers leaving Barcelona.
    He says Neymar has two issues at the club:
    1. His tax problems and he has been advised if he leaves the club, the tax problems will go away.
    2. He wants to be the leading player and at Barcelona it is impossible with Messi being there.

His buyout fee is £180 million but increases every year till 2021, which he says United are willing to pay if Neymar chooses to leave.

How would his tax problems go away if he leaves Barca? If his committed an Offence I'm sure he can still be punished even if he leaves the country?

• Advertisement

emmetkenny wrote: »
    How would his tax problems go away if he leaves Barca? If his committed an Offence I'm sure he can still be punished even if he leaves the country?

As far as I'm aware, the Spanish government have a huge problem with players running their money through tax loopholes like what we have in Ireland etc. The UK government is less worried about this. It's more of a political thing than a legal thing.

So it's not necessarily that his past problems will go away, it's that he'll be freer to run his tax schemes in a different country.

emmetkenny wrote: »

Tax avoidance is not a crime.

limnam wrote: »
    Tax avoidance is not a crime.

I think in Neymar's case it was a bit more than that.

If you bothered your hole reading this thread you would realise the team, the performances and Jose have been discussed to death. Utd didn't play yesterday. Other teams did. It's not deflecting or any of the other nonsense you've posted. It's a valid discussion on how different managers are, or how we perceive they are treated.

You add nothing to the discussions on here or on match threads. It's not because we don't agree with your points, there's plenty of posters here who engage with Liverpool, City, Chelsea and Arsenal supporters etc who's points they don't agree with and vice versa, it's because you don't really want to discuss anything and are mostly looking for a rise or looking to push buttons. I'm sure the Liverpool supporters have their Utd posters that they don't engage with because they know it's a waste of time too.

I don't take a thing you say seriously and just find it extremely irritating that you get to clog up match threads and this one with you're odd appearance. Probably what you are looking for but it's such a ****ing pain to read your nonsense.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,640 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

I couldnt say it better Adox.

Fair play

adox wrote: »
    If you bothered you're hole reading this thread you would realise the team, the performances and Jose have been discussed to death. Utd didn't play yesterday. Other teams did. It's not deflecting or any of the other nonsense you've posted. It's a valid discussion on how different managers are, or how we perceive they are treated.

You add nothing to the discussions on here or on match threads. It's not because we don't agree with your points, there's plenty of posters here who engage with Liverpool, City, Chelsea and Arsenal supporters etc who's points they don't agree with and vice versa, it's because you don't really want to discuss anything and are mostly looking for a rise or looking to push buttons. I'm sure the Liverpool supporters have their Utd posters that they don't engage with because they know it's a waste of time too.

I don't take a thing you say seriously and just find it extremely irritating that you get to clog up match threads and this one with you're odd appearance. Probably what you are looking for but it's such a ****ing pain to read you're nonsense.

Did I do something to you man. You keep mentioning me. You really shouldn't be getting so upset about something on the Internet. It's not healthy. How can I clog up a thread if I only make an odd appearance. You did the same yesterday with the fabregas post even though loads of other posters mentioned it and it was mentioned on MOTD.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,330 ✭✭✭Dwarf.Shortage

Did I do something to you man. You keep mentioning me. You really shouldn't be getting so upset about something on the Internet. It's not healthy. How can I clog up a thread if I only make an odd appearance. You did the same yesterday with the fabregas post even though loads of other posters mentioned it and it was mentioned on MOTD.

You turning up in the thread is the internet version of when a little stone gets into your shoe.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

Not everything is about a rise. People can't have an opinion here without being accused of trolling or winding people up.

Thats probably because of all the trolling you do. Happy to help.

So we need to win today after everyone has won already. 3 points is critical. Hopefully a great performance too.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement