Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2017

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,006 ✭✭✭beno619

It's both, to be fair. Sitting back after 65 minutes is pretty pathetic.

Jose has disappointed me with his reluctance to make substitutions when needed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭JaMarcusHustle

Valencia passes it backwards to Fellaini, who hoofs it forward to Rashford.

Blow it up ref, blow it up.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

We sit back and it comes back to bite us in the arse, as usual.

Terrible subs by the manager.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,754 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Goodbye Fellaini.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,346 ✭✭✭Quandary

Fcuking joke.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,225 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Mourinho is a clown.

Bangkok, I permit you to rip in to Fellaini

• Registered Users Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭Thepoet85

Bring him on to close the game out and he does that. Fellaini cam fcuk right off.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,690 ✭✭✭ElChe32

If he never pulls on a United shirt again it'd be too soon. Well done Fellaini you absolute idiot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,519 ✭✭✭Flint Fredstone

"We're winning 1 nil lads, I know that the last hundred times we sat back and tried to hold out we conceded but maybe this time it will be different"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

Same thing over and over again..

Get goal, sit in deep, conceed goal, then start playing football again.

Mourinho is too slow to make subs I think.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,943 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

He was lucky not to give away a penalty in the West Ham game last week too, braindead player.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,454 ✭✭✭✭nullzero
    °°°°°

RobertKK wrote: »
    Goodbye Fellaini.

If only. He just keeps hanging around United like a bad smell. Possibly one of our worst ever signings when you consider his performances at Everton, he's fallen off the face of the earth at United.

Glazers Out!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,366 ✭✭✭Robson99

That 2nd half was pathetic from manager and players. Pogba and Ibra should be ashamed if themselves. Lost more ball between them.
    And as for fellani shocking

• Closed Accounts Posts: 565 ✭✭✭enzo roco

Great decisions by Jose,
    Is he a broken toilet????

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,006 ✭✭✭beno619

No doubt Felleini will be the scapegoat.

For me it's a very poor second half from Jose midfield faded and he didn't change things up.

Pogba very poor.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭Bret Hart

Mourinho is trying his hardest to get the sack. The man is finished as a top level manager.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,454 ✭✭✭✭nullzero
    °°°°°

Lucas Hood wrote: »
    Mourinho is too slow to make subs I think.

How he decided to bring on Fellaini when we were trying to see out a one nil win whilst under pressure from the opposition I just don't know.
    Fellaini is a mistake waiting to happen particularly when he's under pressure, stupid substitution.

Glazers Out!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

God that is so annoying, I was so close to smashing my phone, god fellaini you ****ing idiot

We sat back too often and were asking for that to happen

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,225 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Fully expecting Mourinho to blame the ref for the penalty too.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,519 ✭✭✭Flint Fredstone

beno619 wrote: »

For me it's a very poor second half from Jose midfield faded and he didn't change things off.

Pogba very poor.

100% on Jose that one. Everton are sh*t make no bones about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭superfurry1

Thought pogba was awful today. Draw fair enough result. Not looking for a second goal an absolute joke.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

Don't see a 9 point gap deficit being caught. Usual story in all these draws, we sit back with 20 minutes to go and inevitably the opponent scores. Jose needs to take a hard look at himself

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

A bad performance that just got made worse by pure stupidity from felani.

Carrick and Pogba were especially bad today.

Sitting back just does not work with 1 nil with out team

beno619 wrote: »

For me it's a very poor second half from Jose midfield faded and he didn't change things off.

Pogba very poor.
    Yep this is it

Jose to blame for me, Fellaini ****ed up but it can happen

Should have aimed to score more rather than try and hold onto a lead instead of a negative sub

enzo roco wrote: »
    Great decisions by Jose,
    Is he a broken toilet????

Currently a septic tank that needs cleaning, the toilet is functioning but the end process needs maintenance and repairs.
    The toilet was blocked with a lot of hair today.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Without playing well Utd were comfortable for most of the game

Made no attempt to kill the game off

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

Got what they deserved. Yeah Fellaini ****ed us big time but you felt the goal was coming and Utd didn't deserve to win.

Midfield was awful. Carrick, Herrera and Pogba were awful. Herrera was shocking in the second half.

Cue the hysteria over Fellaini and get him out of the club blah blah blah but really, the problems are bigger than that. You always felt Everton were going to score or Utd would do their best to concede their lead.

Midfield I still think is a big problem area. Herrera was shockingly bad second half. Don't start me on Pogba and Carrick, well he's just too old.

That will already hurt an already brittle team but they really need to have a look at themselves and their application in games.

Don't see a 9 point gap deficit being caught. Usual story in all these draws, we sit back with 20 minutes to go and inevitably the opponent scores. Jose needs to take a hard look at himself

But wasnt he a genius when he could grind out results playing defensively in years gone by????

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

No Mata, No Victory.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭edgecutter

Can't understand the Fellaini sub whatsoever, especially when we are only a goal up. We had absolutely nothing when we conceded to try and get a goal.

How Pogba was allowed to stay on is anybodies guess? He was poor today.

I have defended Jose in the past, but today he has gone and fecked up big time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

To be fair, if he didn't make the Fellaini sub and we conceded it would have been "why didn't he shut up shop instead of going for more"

It was the best option, the players were given plenty of time to start playing again and they didn't oblige

I posted in the match thread that United needed more possession - Mata would have been better, and United are asking for an Everton goal.
    United played for this result, as it was clear United were sitting back too much.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Simply put, he players don't have the ability or concentration to sit back for twenty minutes and defend. Saw that last year, seeing it this year too. Can't complain with the result. Penalty aside, their goal was coming, and we relied on a moment of magic to do anything.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Look forward to people telling me it was a great performance and sign of progress throughout this week.

More pathetic decision making from the manager, another ridiculous result and two steps back.

At the rate this is going Jose will be lucky to get a second season considering the boards stance on missing top 4. Genuinely mean that. Every weekend that passes top four slips further away.

Absolutely pathetic considering the squad at hand.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,030 ✭✭✭Minderbinder

Hopefully that will put an end to ridiculous notions about getting into the top 4. We are worse than last year. These players are incapable of performing under pressure.

TheDoc wrote: »
    Look forward to people telling me it was a great performance and sign of progress throughout this week.

More pathetic decision making from the manager, another ridiculous result and two steps back.

At the rate this is going Jose will be lucky to get a second season considering the boards stance on missing top 4. Genuinely mean that. Every weekend that passes top four slips further away.

He gets a bye this season as it still isn't his 'team'. We have looked better, but serious questions need to be asked next season. Today was his fault, but the other results in the league I still blame the players for those.

• Registered Users Posts: 862 ✭✭✭unplayable

I'm not even angry I'm just sad! This is simply not good enough. We are playing well in Europa but it's clearly taking some energy from the players.
    Negative sub bringing fellani on.i hate Jose but we have to back him as what is the alternative! Out of the title race in December and top 4 looking difficult to say the least..sad sad times

• Registered Users Posts: 4,177 ✭✭✭TheTownie

Fellaini was really clumsy when he came on against West Ham and he just repeated that against Everton.

Pogba very poor today. Gueye got the better of him most of the time.

Ibra did very well for the goal but too many attacks broke down from him overall, mostly in the first half.

Overall Utd just are not consistent enough over 90 mins and sure is fúck aren't good at dealing with adversity.

Long way to go yet but I'd be amazed if this squad can turn into a consistent winning team this season to get top 4.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,480 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Man U have only one win since the start of Oct .
    Over two months of football and one win
    Will need to improve that

• Advertisement

To be fair, if he didn't make the Fellaini sub and we conceded it would have been "why didn't he shut up shop instead of going for more"

It was the best option, the players were given plenty of time to start playing again and they didn't oblige

Don't think many would have been unhappy not using fellaini.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

Embarrassing

The best option. Ah some of you just don't want to acknowledge what's happening in front of you. Sure some pressure from Everton but that was giving them confidence and they pushed higher and higher.

Just shows the difference between the top teams and coaches and us. Absolutely perfect example from Chelsea yesterday.

Polar opposite from us, bringing on Fellaini and moving Herrera out wide. Attack comes down that flank and bang peno. Stupid from Fellaini, so absolutely brain dead, but literally was not surprised points where lost after seeing the sub.

That was ****.

Phil Jones surprisingly (to me) gives a good interview

adox wrote: »
    Embarrassing

The embarrassment will come from people defending that tactical decision. But whatever

Phil Jones surprisingly (to me) gives a good interview

But he avoided the question. About his teammate's red card.
    Excellent media training,

• Registered Users Posts: 4,366 ✭✭✭Robson99

TheTownie wrote: »
    Fellaini was really clumsy when he came on against West Ham and he just repeated that against Everton.

Pogba very poor today. Gueye got the better of him most of the time.

Ibra did very well for the goal but too many attacks broke down from him overall, mostly in the first half.

Overall Utd just are not consistent enough over 90 mins and sure is fúck aren't good at dealing with adversity.

Long way to go yet but I'd be amazed if this squad can turn into a consistent winning team this season to get top 4.
    Bang oñ the money.
    Neville has summed it up... is that as good as we are and it probably is. Too many average players

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

Cop on. No player from any team would throw his teammate under the bus when asked a question like he was asked.

You are asking a player to comment on a decision by a ref on live tv

Of course he avoided it as he doesn't know

It was a stupid question to ask a player

No we were **** today, not comaparable to other games we drew and most if not all will say that, most of us can be objective to the team performances

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement