Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2017

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,006 ✭✭✭beno619

We needed somebody to put their foot on the ball and stop everyone from hoofing possession away to their back 4.

Yep I love Herrera but this is misssing from his game, don't think he'd be the captain we'd hope.

On the other hand he could also be one that grows in to role.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,006 ✭✭✭beno619

TheDoc wrote: »
    Costa was injured....and he didn't take of Hazard. And a striker came on after.

But yeah me being anti Mourinho

TBH I'm just done posting for a while. Sick of this being labelled at me and now even someone questioning my objectivity haha

See yas next season for the Europa league draw. <3

A perfect chance to give valid criticism of Jose but you decided to go down the chip on your shoulder cry baby route

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Can see him really focusing on the League cup, given we're in the semis. There was people who thought LVG winning a trophy within 2 years of starting was a good sign of progression. Jose winning one within months would take pressure off him a bit. Hopefully :P

I suppose it would yeah. The ability to match Van Gaal is what we wanted from him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Everton were muck and one dimensional with long balls at every opportunity. We seemed to be drawn down to their level and after an hour let them pressure us too much. Terrible to say but conceding that goal just appeared to be inevitable. All we had to do was pass the ball around with a bit more care and we'd have had 3 points. At times it was like watching a game in the local park on a Sunday morning when most of the lads had been out the night before.

Fellaini you absolute plonker, but...the Everton goal was coming a good 20 minutes at that stage. Big managerial failure here today more than anything.

That's to take nothing away from Fellaini's second net-negative league appearance in a row (he was a bystander for 10 minutes against WH last week until he gave them a dangerous free-kick in the dying minutes and picked up a yellow for it too) - Jose was a spectator at Goodison today until around the 83rd minute when he finally made some changes.

I was fuming looking at those 20+ minutes in the second half when not only the players were letting Everton build massive pressure and work towards the inevitable goal, Jose was too. It was clear that it wasn't just a case of a losing team chasing a goal for a few minutes but with us remaining in complete control, Everton were dominating and when we finally did get the ball back, we had absolutely nothing to get beyond Everton's halfway line. The amount of unforced errors from our players today was horrendous.

Some can say that only for Fellaini, that would have been a dour Mourinho 3 points picked up on the road and 'job done'. However, that's not the first time this United team went asleep in a game after going a goal up only to suffer for it. It is, IMO, the first time Jose went asleep during one of our games though.

Never mind his subdued demeanor. Poor team selection - Carrick, from no games to all the games, while the manager acknowledges by words and not actions that the player is 35 and not 25. Jones and Rojo - from no games to all the games, while a very competent Daley Blind warms the bench. Juan Mata out - A player who has been getting recognition as a vital component of the improved attacking football at Jose's United. Nowhere to be seen today, much like that improved attacking football. Then there were the very late changes despite Everton evidently turning the game in their favour long before the changes were made. Blind and Mata stayed on the bench though, while Rashford and Fellaini, both with glitches in the nervy final minutes of recent league games, got thrown on.

6 draws from the last 8 league games, the other two results were the Chelsea loss and Swansea win. There were a few of those draws where the team should have scored a handful and won comprehensively, today was not one of those draws most worryingly. If anything, by the time the final whistle blew United were lucky to get out of Goodison with a point. A step backwards and a particularly bad one today.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,576 ✭✭✭deaddonkey15

2 huge games coming up now. Europa League progression and a win at OT against top 4 rivals next week might kick start the season.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,366 ✭✭✭Robson99

2 huge games coming up now. Europa League progression and a win at OT against top 4 rivals next week might kick start the season.

I think we have to prioritize the Europa league now. Cant see us getting near the top 4

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Only seen 2 posters mention Carrick but imo he was the worst player on the field

The goal was coming plus we need buy CB too. Rojo just aint going cut it and he should have seen red.

In some ways we were actually lucky to get a point

Interview...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,775 ✭✭✭jimmytwotimes 2013

Jose has lost it he is a coke addict, only weeks away from hookers on the sideline and a shoot out with his dealer

They cud increase the SKY sub and I'd still pay it to watch that.

What a time to be alive.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,406 ✭✭✭Korat

It's not even X-mas yet.

Leicester are still in with a shot at this title.

Just on Fellani.

I would still keep him. He has a place in that side at certain times. Id blame far more then Fellaini for today

Just on Fellani.

I would still keep him. He has a place in that side at certain times. Id blame far more then Fellaini for today

What does he bring to that team??????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

#welldonefellaini

surely one of the worst 10 minutes a united player has ever played.

Gave away a clumsy peno, tried to pass a ball to a utd player 5 yards away and drills it over the sideline, chips a 50/50 ball to another utd player in the final minute when we needed some calmness on the ball....

another awful awful performance from him. time to move on

Robson99 wrote: »
    What does he bring to that team??????

Just look how good he was against Liverpool.

He has advantages in 3 man midfields against tougher opposition. I dont think he a super player but he does offer things others cant(im sure people will point to the negative stuff).

https://twitter.com/Squawka/status/805485672098394112

Man Utd's Premier League win % since the start of 2015/16:

With Marouane Fellaini = 34.4%
    Without Marouane Fellaini = 60.8%

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

Just look how good he was against Liverpool.

He has advantages in 3 man midfields against tougher opposition. I dont think he a super player but he does offer things others cant(im sure people will point to the negative stuff).

I just don't think he's a midfielder at all. Number 10 is his best position and him as a number 10 just isn't the route we need to be going.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Just home from pub read the last few pages and im probably drunk but I thought it wasn't a penalty?? I thought he was diving in on Fellaini and fell pushed him off? May watch it again judging by here.

Eitherway disappointing not to finish off the game really should not of let Everton back into it top four has to be a pipe dream now.

3B093AD000000578-3999100-Manchester_United_defender_Marcos_Rojo_makes_a_nasty_tackle_on_E-a-110_1480877161407.jpg

3B08612E00000578-3999100-image-a-99_1480874886273.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

Whether it was or wasn't a penalty seems almost incidental, because nobody with an IQ above 40 should be giving the ref a decision to make there.

In the championship maybe

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭Chancer3001

1 0 win everybody praises for grinding out a result.

1 1 late equaliser everybody questions the manager and says he needs to sort out his philosophy.

Realist - dont play fellaini.

1 0 win everybody praises for grinding out a result.

Not so sure about that. Had we hung on I think the performance would still have been slated. You would perhaps have had less people blaming the manager but the player were poor and I think that would have been noted.

It wasn't a grinding sort of game anyway, had we hung on it wouldn't have been due to a stout defensive performance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

bangkok wrote: »
    #welldonefellaini

surely one of the worst 10 minutes a united player has ever played.

Gave away a clumsy peno, tried to pass a ball to a utd player 5 yards away and drills it over the sideline, chips a 50/50 ball to another utd player in the final minute when we needed some calmness on the ball....

another awful awful performance from him. time to move on

Not a word on your poster boy Carrick?

Unsurprising.

adox wrote: »
    Not a word on your poster boy Carrick?

Unsurprising.

he didnt give away a peno that has cost us 3 points.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

It could get a lot worse for us over the next 30 days if people believe fatigue is the issue

he didnt give away a peno that has cost us 3 points.

A nothing response as usual.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,406 ✭✭✭Korat

I do not like Fellaini but he made a mistake any player could have made.

A nothing response as usual.

michael carrick has been with the club 10 years, has won everything at club level with united, he is already a club legend, he was very good defensively today. fellaini is at the club now 4 years, has been a complete failure of a signing. was never and will never be a united player.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,018 ✭✭✭Bridge93

Decent effort by him getting to 100 appearances having never been a united player.
    Strange game, both unlucky and lucky to get a point. Unlucky in that it was a late penalty that did it, but lucky in that it should've been 80 minutes with 10 men.

• Advertisement

michael carrick has been with the club 10 years, has won everything at club level with united, he is already a club legend, he was very good defensively today. fellaini is at the club now 4 years, has been a complete failure of a signing. was never and will never be a united player.

You're a gas man.

You're a gas man.

and fellaini is still useless

he was very good defensively today.

:pac:

Carrick was the single biggest reason we never once settled in that game today, as per usual when any pressure is applied to him he crumbles and there is a knock on effect to the players in front of him. We never got into any passing rhythm in large part due to his missed passes and general uncertainty.

No shock that you cannot see it though.

and fellaini is still useless

Can you give any opinions on any other players or even answer questions you are asked?

Carrick was the single biggest reason we never once settled in that game today, as per usual when any pressure is applied to him he crumbles and there is a knock on effect to the players in front of him. We never got into any passing rhythm in large part due to his missed passes and general uncertainty.

his passing wasnt up to scratch today, but its 1 average game in how many? he has been excellent all season

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

bangkok wrote:
    he didnt give away a peno that has cost us 2 points.

Fyp
    Two points not three
    At times you really do not help yourself

I've said this for ages but apparently I was picking on him.He's good with time on the ball but under pressure he goes missing and is a liability.

zerks wrote: »
    I've said this for ages but apparently I was picking on him.He's good with time on the ball but under pressure he goes missing and is a liability.

bullsh!t

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭bmcc10

Will Blind ever get a chance in midfield? Seems the perfect player be able bring on in situations like today calmness on the ball be massive

bullsh!t

Its something that most people have been saying for years, right back to certain European cup finals. Call it bull**** all you want, won't make it any less true.

• Advertisement

Its something that most people have been saying for years, right back to certain European cup finals. Call it bull**** all you want, won't make it any less true.

against barcelona the greatest club side in the history of the game.

what about all the other massive games he has played right throughout his career where he has been class?!

anyway, im not getting into another carrick debate now, he is 35, been a class player at the club for 10 years. fellaini on the other hand....

Just for Bangkok.

Cy2juaWWEAQP7rP.jpg:large

Just for Bangkok.

Cy2juaWWEAQP7rP.jpg:large

a 45 year old roy keane is better than fellaini

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,423 ✭✭✭secman

Just on Fellani.

You on coke too ?
    He brings zilch to a game... brutal in the air considering his height, turns like an oil tanker, 2 bad feet at the best of times, awkward as fck. Everton really fcked us over for signing Rooney the day they mugged us with Fellaini. Called it 2 years ago , mystery we signed him and a bigger mystery why he still gets to wear a united shirt, pure muck . Good riddance the day we get rid, that day can't come quick enough.

With hindsight Carrick was a bad choice today, but everybody was happy enough pre-game so it rings a bit hollow to criticise the manager for picking him.

What is fair is to criticise Jose for leaving him on, he should have been hooked in the first half once it was clear how combative Everton were going to be in that area. I actually think Felliani would have been a good sub had he come on in the first half, we needed a physical presence to compete and provide a platform for the better players to control possession.

Felliani for Carrick in the first half, Mata and Rashford for Zlatan and Pogba in the second could have seen a different game play out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,423 ✭✭✭secman

Was Mourinho at the match or blindfolded, seemed to see nothing today.!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭bmcc10

secman wrote: »

Out of his trolley

secman wrote: »

Jose - "Yes it was a stupid penalty to concede and yes Rojo should definitely have been sent off"

Press - "Pathetic Mourinho throws his players under the bus yet again!!!!!!"

Of course he saw what happened, and of course he doesn't want to talk about it.

• Advertisement

Ha, love Zlatan.

Jose doing a Wenger with "I didn't see it" although we all know what he's at. I doubt he will give the press any negative sound bites on his players after the way they ran with them previously.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement