Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2017

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

bangkok wrote: »
    because he is not good enough to play there

Apart from when he was played there? There wasn't loads of injuries as far as I remember.

Anyway it folly to discuss him with you.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,366 ✭✭✭Robson99

adox wrote: »
    It was meant in jest.

Aah fair enough. I would just rather see him playing Rashford and Martial up front. I think Ibra has a role in the squad /team but not to the extent it is at the moment. Would love to see Rashford making it to the very top being a Manchester lad and all.

Which what would I hold onto?

Rashford or Ibra if one was to go in January

Robson99 wrote: »
    Rashford or Ibra if one was to go in January

Well obviously Ibra as Rashford will hopefully be part of the long term future but there's room for them all.

I was one of the sceptical ones when I found out Ibra was signing(purely because of his age) but I have been pleasantly surprised.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

Apart from when he was played there? There wasn't loads of injuries as far as I remember.

Anyway it folly to discuss him with you.

he started the season playing there, played first 5 league games, won the first 3 against bournemouth, southampton and hull.

played city then and we got a lesson in football for 40 mins

then we played watford and he was all over the place, even gave away a peno.

dropped fro a few games, came back for the 0-0 draw with liverpool, then played the chelsea game where he was awful again and taken off at half time

he started the season playing there, played first 5 league games, won the first 3 against bournemouth, southampton and hull.

played city then and we got a lesson in football for 40 mins

then we played watford and he was all over the place, even gave away a peno.

dropped fro a few games, came back for the 0-0 draw with liverpool, then played the chelsea game where he was awful again and taken off at half time

As I said...folly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,006 ✭✭✭beno619

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    https://twitter.com/ManUtdVines/status/806206886404091905

Regardless of our struggles it's still exciting times. Still can't believe we signed him. He's that good.

I hope people remember this next time they try to drift into fantasy conspiracy mode.

Well obviously Ibra as Rashford will hopefully be part of the long term future but there's room for them all.

I was one of the sceptical ones when I found out Ibra was signing(purely because of his age) but I have been pleasantly surprised.

Apologies adox it wasn't you I put the question to

Lets just get real here, if you think any manager is going to drop players like Zlatan or Rooney so he can play a 19 year old prospect up front for an extended run of games then you are dreaming. Doubly so a manager under a bit of pressure and who needs to win games, because this may shock you, if we drop Zlatan for Rashford up front our chance conversion will decrease, not increase.

Sure I think Zlatan has been overplayed and it would be nice to see the lads given a chance up front here and there, but it simply isn't going to happen that either gets a "run" of games, and it shouldn't happen. Rashford doesn't need that pressure on his shoulders and Martial hasn't earned it at present.

Natural positions my hole, they are young lads getting a lot of games at Manchester United, they are being handled just fine.

I think when you come out of your hole you will see Rooney has been dropped a lot recently. Hope it doesn't shock you
    So you think Martial, Rashford, Shaw, Mensah are progressing under Murhino???? I think the opposite.

Jayop wrote: »
    Martial plays every game in his natural position. He's a left sided inside forward.

in my opinion obvs

Ya I totally agree and anyways bar goalkeepers why would a young players position be se tin stone

• Advertisement

As I said...folly.

Great reply there.

All the above I wrote was fact

Great reply there.

All the above I wrote was fact

Look I'm just not going to be drawn into discussing Fellaini again with you. You have zero objectivity in your posts about him and are a parody of yourself at this stage. I have no problem with people holding complete opposite opinions to me but you just can't be taken seriously when discussing Fellaini.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,383 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

If I said Fellaini has a higher pass completion rate than Herrera this season and more chances created per 90 mins would people stop talking **** about his "poor passing"?

Probably not because they are so blinded by their bias towards him that they can't see that he's actually pretty good on the ball.

Tbh I think they've both played their best stuff for United beside each other.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

I think Fonte is an improvement on every one of or defenders to be honest, we are in no position to turn him down when Rojo and Jones are starting games together. I don't trust either very much, Jones more so on reliability but he does have his cockups.

Fellaini is a player to have against better teams who will have more possession, if he isn't giving away penalties obviously, isn't good enough when he gets the ball though playing that position. Missing out on Kante was a big mistake, probably preferred London though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

Robson99 wrote: »
    I think when you come out of your hole you will see Rooney has been dropped a lot recently. Hope it doesn't shock you

What an utterly irrelevant point to make. Well done.

Its pointless pointing out the obvious to people so I'll just say this, when it comes to giving Rashford a run of games as our main striker, be careful what you wish for.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭bmcc10

Fellani give away a penalty ffs you'd swear he shot someone ridicilous the outrage since, Do i think he's good enough for United? No but he's been far from the problem this year has hardly featured this past while just another scapegoat.

West Ham interested in signing fellaini in January, if a reasonable offer comes in I have no doubt the club will sell him

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,017 ✭✭✭sReq | uTeK

West Ham interested in signing fellaini in January, if a reasonable offer comes in I have no doubt the club will sell him

Yup NO DOUBT. I mean the fact that Mourinho has trusted him in most if the bigger games this season and that he's been consistently one of the top performers in the early season period.

But yes, no doubt.

Honest to Christ every post you make brightens my day but lessens my existence.

• Registered Users Posts: 635 ✭✭✭SEANoftheDEAD

Completely off topic here lads...

But is anyone else getting annoyed with United referring to themselves on FB/Social Media as The Reds!?? :mad:

We are The Red Devils and I'm surprised that we keep using our rivals nickname. :mad:

Gripe for the day vented! :pac:
    Now Felliani were are ye???

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,006 ✭✭✭beno619

We are The Red Devils and I'm surprised that we keep using our rivals nickname. :mad:

I'd imagine the word Devil causes problems.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,519 ✭✭✭Flint Fredstone

But is anyone else getting annoyed with United referring to themselves on FB/Social Media as The Reds!?? :mad:

No.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,929 ✭✭✭KH25

It's not exactly a big deal. Not like people are going to confuse the two teams!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,850 ✭✭✭Julez

"Glory, glory, Man United
    Glory, glory, Man United
    Glory, glory, Man United
    As The Reds Go Marching On On On"

Not the first, and not the last time we've been called The Reds.

"Come on you reds, come on you reds,
    Just kick the ball and use your heads..."

We have been the reds for a lot longer than Facebook has been around.

• Registered Users Posts: 635 ✭✭✭SEANoftheDEAD

Okay, so it's just me so. Nevermind.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,638 ✭✭✭ericzeking

I'm annoyed by the fact the term 'Man U' has become acceptable, I'm sure I saw it used by official outlets.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

ericzeking wrote: »
    I'm annoyed by the fact the term 'Man U' has become acceptable, I'm sure I saw it used by official outlets.

Mourinho used it the other day In his press conference.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,425 ✭✭✭secman

Fingers crossed:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,217 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

Okay, so it's just me so. Nevermind.

You know what, it bothers me that it bothers you!

I'm offended that your offended you might say ;)

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

ericzeking wrote: »

Not this bull again :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,638 ✭✭✭ericzeking

:rolleyes:

Man you really showed him.

Man you really showed him.

Showed him what? I wasn't trying to show him anything.
    This is a nonsense discussion that comes up at least once a year. Man U is short for Manchester United, nothing else. It fit better with the chant the Leeds fans sang at the time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

I don't like the term myself and wouldn't use it, but I don't get offended by anyone else using it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Generation Snowflake.

"Do you assume my my identity?".

Showed him what? I wasn't trying to show him anything.
    This is a nonsense discussion that comes up at least once a year. Man U is short for Manchester United, nothing else. It fit better with the chant the Leeds fans sang at the time.

I just wanted to use man u in a sentence. :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

U da man.:)

The OP from this thread on Redcafe goes into a bit of the history on Manchester United being called 'Man U', and why it is nonsense to think that it is offensive....

http://www.redcafe.net/threads/using-the-term-man-u-and-all-the-nonsense-that-goes-with-it.297623/

I agree.

Whoops... Straight over my head :pac:

zerks wrote: »
    Generation Snowflake.

"Do you assume my my identity?".

Guitarist 1: Nice Strat, man.

Guitarist 2: Did you just assume my Fender?

stankratz: Any other guitarists in the United forum? :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,576 ✭✭✭deaddonkey15

stankratz wrote: »

I used to play but I was crap.

Come on Man U Reds

I was a drummer back in the day but have two Ibanez guitars(one a prestige) which I thought myself to play very badly through YouTube.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 930 ✭✭✭aperture_nuig

Bass player representing

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Chatter the game tomorrow could be called off due to freezing temperatures and a **** pitch :/

I used to play but I was crap.

Know that feeling but sure fúck it, I just kept playing :pac:
    I was a drummer back in the day but have two Ibanez guitars(one a prestige) which I thought myself to play very badly through YouTube.

At least you have a couple of nice guitars to learn on there. Youtube is the best teacher I've had!
    Bass player representing

"On bass...aperture_nuig....he wrote this!"

There's the basis of a jam band for the eventual United Superthread Pints meet-up. Just need a name. Maybe something in the format of 'Louis Van Gaal and the Philosophies' or 'Chico and the Offsides'.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,383 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

It was news to me a couple of years back that Liverpool had claimed the colour red with regards nicknames.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,425 ✭✭✭secman

Know that feeling but sure fúck it, I just kept playing :pac:

At least you have a couple of nice guitars to learn on there. Youtube is the best
    "On bass...aperture_nuig....he wrote this!"

There's the basis of a jam band for the eventual United Superthread Pints meet-up. Just need a name. Maybe something in the format of 'Louis Van Gaal and the Philosophies' or 'Chico and the Offsides'.

Fellaini and the elbows :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭Whatsisname

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Chatter the game tomorrow could be called off due to freezing temperatures and a **** pitch :/

https://twitter.com/SimonPeach/status/806545961476620289

May aswell play on ice, looks awful.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,217 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

Eh, no it was my man Casemiro with the "assist to the assist" as it was put

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement