Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2017

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,217 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

stankratz wrote: »
    Know that feeling but sure fúck it, I just kept playing :pac:

At least you have a couple of nice guitars to learn on there. Youtube is the best teacher I've had!

"On bass...aperture_nuig....he wrote this!"

There's the basis of a jam band for the eventual United Superthread Pints meet-up. Just need a name. Maybe something in the format of 'Louis Van Gaal and the Philosophies' or 'Chico and the Offsides'.

Count me in too

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Registered Users Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭Potential Underachiever

I'll play rhythm guitar for you lads but there is a stipulation that You'll Never Walk Alone needs to be the closing song! Deal?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭master-t

Lads, sorry for the off topic and if there is a forum - please direct me - but, is there somewhere I can shift Man Utd tickets? Have two season tickets available for some games over Christmas period, just looking for someone to sell them to who is looking to head over. Sunderland def available and perhaps Boro on New Years. Upper East Stand. Thank lads.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

I'll play the maracas

master-t wrote: »
    Lads, sorry for the off topic and if there is a forum - please direct me - but, is there somewhere I can shift Man Utd tickets? Have two season tickets available for some games over Christmas period, just looking for someone to sell them to who is looking to head over. Sunderland def available and perhaps Boro on New Years. Upper East Stand. Thank lads.

Manchester United ticket thread

http://touch.boards.ie/thread/2056855872/1/#post82698717

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

Rhythm guitarist are ten a penny. No dice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,596 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

I play the flute :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,519 ✭✭✭Flint Fredstone

I've got 4 guitars, a synthesiser, drum machine, 2 samplers/sequencers, ukelele and harmonica so I'm up for any genre :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

Recorder
    Tin whistle
    Triangle
    Singer

DJ decks to remix that 5h173

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,949 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Drums and guitar here (badly)

• Advertisement

Mars Bar wrote: »
    Drums and guitar here (badly)

Agh now Mars
    Don't be down playing yourself like ye always do
    ''Tis no on I tells ye

Band talk going for hours an Bangkok hasn't been on to say he's jammed with slash jimi Hendrix bono and others

I'm disappointed

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Trying to drive us back on topic...

Lukaku is back to batting eyelids at us.

When asked about Pogba and United, and if Pogba was too arrogant, he said “He’s anything but that. A lot of things are said about him, but I was there at the hotel when he signed for United. There were maybe ten people surrounding him with briefcases and contracts inside.

“When everything was signed, and I’ve known Paul for many years, I’ve never seen him with that look on his face. I’d never seen him so happy. This return to United, it had nothing to do with money.

“It was a relief, a real happiness for him. We only spoke once about football during our holidays this summer, when we were at a pool in LA, and he was telling me about his dream to return to United. That’s when I understood what it meant.”

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Trying to drive us back on topic...

Lukaku is back to batting eyelids at us.

When asked about Pogba and United, and if Pogba was too arrogant, he said “He’s anything but that. A lot of things are said about him, but I was there at the hotel when he signed for United. There were maybe ten people surrounding him with briefcases and contracts inside.

“When everything was signed, and I’ve known Paul for many years, I’ve never seen him with that look on his face. I’d never seen him so happy. This return to United, it had nothing to do with money.

“It was a relief, a real happiness for him. We only spoke once about football during our holidays this summer, when we were at a pool in LA, and he was telling me about his dream to return to United. That’s when I understood what it meant.”

Lukaku would be an excellent signing at the right price

bangkok wrote:
    Lukaku would be an excellent signing at the right price

Seeing as Everton got 27m out if us for the donkey I'd expect a quoted fee in excess of what we paid for pogba

And I'd prefer we'd lessen the load on Zlatan in 17/18 and increase rashers and Tony's time up top ahead if more money on a player who's hotter and colder than our captain

Lukaku, not bad lads, but where's Griezmann gonna play for us?

Also, great to see a few people who play instruments in the thread. Either we're all shíte though, or incredibly modest!

Back to business...that pitch in Ukraine looks lethal. Something tells me that diving/simulation won't be a problem during the match.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,233 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

simples.... everton take afroman back and get 20 million and we take lukaku off their hands.

oh coleman too please

simples.... everton take afroman back and get 20 million and we take lukaku off their hands.

If only it were that easy

There's been talks of Memphis and Morgan heading to Everton in January too.

How is Lukaku doing this season? Haven't heard as much about him as of late.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,638 ✭✭✭ericzeking

stankratz wrote: »
    The OP from this thread on Redcafe goes into a bit of the history on Manchester United being called 'Man U', and why it is nonsense to think that it is offensive....

http://www.redcafe.net/threads/using-the-term-man-u-and-all-the-nonsense-that-goes-with-it.297623/

I agree.

That is a good post....the reason I don't like is it just sounds sh1t, lazy, childish nothing to do with being offended. Fwiw.

Uefa pitch inspection passed they seemingly confident of match going ahead. It's a disgrace that ylthis match is scheduled for there a time this time of year and the pitch should of been protected for past few days.

There's been talks of Memphis and Morgan heading to Everton in January too.

How is Lukaku doing this season? Haven't heard as much about him as of late.

7 Goals 3 Assists

What I haven noticed is his increased strength

He gave Rojo a bit of a nightmare recently

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,812 ✭✭✭thelad95

jayo26 wrote: »
    Uefa pitch inspection passed they seemingly confident of match going ahead. It's a disgrace that ylthis match is scheduled for there a time this time of year and the pitch should of been protected for past few days.

I still wouldn't be surprised if it didn't go ahead, can't the referee stop it from doing so if he deems the pitch unsafe nearer kick off? It would be like playing on concrete, studs won't even grip the ground.

Gonna be -7 or something.. Uefa really need to stop this stuff going forward and try to have the home games played earlier. They are putting players careers at risk.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,017 ✭✭✭sReq | uTeK

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    7 Goals 3 Assists

What I haven noticed is his increased strength

He gave Rojo a bit of a nightmare recently

Jesus, I think Rojo and United in general did well against him guy is a powerhouse compared to Rojo but I thought he did well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

astradave wrote: »
    Gonna be -7 or something.. Uefa really need to stop this stuff going forward and try to have the home games played earlier. They are putting players careers at risk.

Its a wonder they don't schedule the home games for far east teams early in the group stages rather than letting it get into the depths of winter.

Bunch of half assed bell pipes.

Jesus, I think Rojo and United in general did well against him guy is a powerhouse compared to Rojo but I thought he did well.

He out-sprinted Rojo on 2 occasions in posession from what I can remeber which was notable for me
    Rojo is playing well to an extent but got well tested last week
    I sitll get the feeling he has his lmitiations

Jones has been doing well also

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,767 ✭✭✭✭Leroy42

But is testing Rojo a few times enough to say he has what it takes to lead the line for Utd?

Rojo is pretty derided around here yet Lukaku got very little out of him, or indeed a CB pairing of Jones and Rojo. That CB pairing, while doing fine, is hardly the greatest level. If that was a showcase of what he can do he failed pretty badly.

Of course, one game proves nothing, but I think we already have in Rashford & Martial players than can deliver

• Advertisement

Also, all this whinging about the pitch. Jeez.

What happened to the magic of the cup, snow on the muddy pieces, no water in the showers, jumpers for goalposts.

So the ground will be a bit hard. Its far from perfect but teams manage to play on all types of surfaces.

Leroy42 wrote: »
    But is testing Rojo a few times enough to say he has what it takes to lead the line for Utd?

Rojo is pretty derided around here yet Lukaku got very little out of him, or indeed a CB pairing of Jones and Rojo. That CB pairing, while doing fine, is hardly the greatest level. If that was a showcase of what he can do he failed pretty badly.

Of course, one game proves nothing, but I think we already have in Rashford & Martial players than can deliver

I read that completely wrong and was wondering why you were comparing Rojo to Rashford and Martial :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,850 ✭✭✭Julez

Also, all this whinging about the pitch. Jeez.

What happened to the magic of the cup, snow on the muddy pieces, no water in the showers, jumpers for goalposts.

So the ground will be a bit hard. Its far from perfect but teams manage to play on all types of surfaces.

When you're shelling out €100m for a player, you have to make sure he's not getting his legs broken on a crap pitch in the middle of nowhere. That's football today, too much money involved to take unnecessary risks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

So the ground will be a bit hard.

Why do you assume its just "a bit hard"?

You don't have to be a soft as **** prima-donna to have an issue with playing on a concrete pitch at sub-zero temperatures. None of those "magic of the cup" games you seem to be referencing were played at -7, its a different scenario altogether to a wet Tuesday night in Stoke.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,516 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

Rod Munch wrote: »
    Its a wonder they don't schedule the home games for far east teams early in the group stages rather than letting it get into the depths of winter.

Bunch of half assed bell pipes.

They actually do follow your suggestion for Russian and Azeri teams, they always play their last home game in Gameweek5 and are away in Gameweek6.

Could probably be done for Ukraine and Belarus and a few others also, but I guess you have to draw a geographical line somewhere.

It just sends out the wrong signal. we are Man Utd and we are scared about playing on your pitch.

Getting the excuses in early. The pitch is hard, right, get on with it. Its the same for both teams. If Jose is so worried then send for Depay and Morgan and let them play on it.

Its the same as complaining about the refs, or the mucky pitch, or the lack of changing rooms etc. Not saying hey are not justified in the complaints but the day before the game is not the place to show your fear.

it also send the signal to the players that they can be half arsed as well

And do you know why we have to play a 1st team rather than the reserves? Because we fecked up in the earlier rounds. Nobody to complain about but ourselves. Stop complaining and deliver. Simple as.

• Advertisement

Big Ron coming to Sligo next Monday for a Q & A and signing copies of his autobiography! My best memory of his time at United was that fantastic night at Old Trafford against Barcelona in the European Cup quarter final in 1984 when we beat them 3-0 after losing the first leg 2-0.Old Trafford rocked that night!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,850 ✭✭✭Julez

It just sends out the wrong signal. we are Man Utd and we are scared about playing on your pitch.

Getting the excuses in early. The pitch is hard, right, get on with it. Its the same for both teams. If Jose is so worried then send for Depay and Morgan and let them play on it.

Its the same as complaining about the refs, or the mucky pitch, or the lack of changing rooms etc. Not saying hey are not justified in the complaints but the day before the game is not the place to show your fear.

And do you know why we have to play a 1st team rather than the reserves? Because we fecked up in the earlier rounds. Nobody to complain about but ourselves. Stop complaining and deliver. Simple as.

Again, I think its more to do with the pitch being dangerous than any excuses to do with losing.

Bolded above is different, apart from maybe the muddy pitch.

But what is the use of complaining now, the day before? Shock Ukraine is cold in Winter.

They knew this when the draw was made, that was the time to argue about it.

I'm not saying that it is not correct to make the point, but the day before the game. Talk about giving ammo to the other team.

If Utd had done the business in the other sames this would be a dead rubber and we could play the kids/second string, and I bet that was what the plan was. Now we are faced with having to actually perform and we are looking for excuses.

UEFA are not going to cancel the game at this stage, so why bother. Fine, have a word with the ref/officials whatever, but keep it private. Don't come out crying to the press out it.

Its just another problem that the team has to deal with. They didn't make the top 4 last year so ended up in the lower competition. They failed to win the other games in the group so ended up here, in Ukraine, in December, needing to get points.

Man up, take the medicine, play and win and come home. Mark it down as one of the tough points of the year but something you don't want to do again so keep that in mind ext time you are 1-0 up with 5 minutes to go against Everton.

Again, you seem to be ignoring the fact that at a certain point it stops being about such narratives and becomes a simple fact of physics, that at -7 on an already poor pitch even the hardest of the hard footballers would be at significant risk of injury.

Have we even heard a complaint from the club? If UEFA officials call a game off due to extreme conditions how is that our fault?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

in regard to the pitch, I remember playing on a solid hard pitch years ago, was -10 the night before and we had an early kick off, studs wouldn't go into the pitch at all and wearing moulds was impossible as couldn't stand without slipping. we complained to the ref for game not to go ahead but he ignored and we played the game.

I can tell you one thing though, sliding tackles were few and far between because if you did slide in you were getting up with blood and cuts on your legs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭Vertigo100

bangkok wrote: »
    in regard to the pitch, I remember playing on a solid hard pitch years ago, was -10 the night before and we had an early kick off, studs wouldn't go into the pitch at all and wearing moulds was impossible as couldn't stand without slipping. we complained to the ref for game not to go ahead but he ignored and we played the game.

I can tell you one thing though, sliding tackles were few and far between because if you did slide in you were getting up with blood and cuts on your legs.

Amazing that you have a personal experience for almost every situation and topic on this thread.

bangkok wrote: »

I remember that game didnt you lineup beside a young Damien duff and robbie Keane.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,217 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

Richie Sadlier I thought it was?

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Registered Users Posts: 2,406 ✭✭✭Korat

Julez wrote: »
    When you're shelling out €100m for a player, you have to make sure he's not getting his legs broken on a crap pitch in the middle of nowhere. That's football today, too much money involved to take unnecessary risks.

Playing football in Manchester during winter could be seen as an unnecessary risk for teams based in southern Europe. If they dared make that complaint they'd be called some choice names by the UK media and fans.:rolleyes:

Richie Sadlier I thought it was?

Probably I just picked two random names. I only arrived on the scene at the tail-end of Bangkok playing days stories.

Korat wrote: »
    Playing football in Manchester during winter could be seen as an unnecessary risk for teams based in southern Europe. If they dared make that complaint they'd be called some choice names by the UK media and fans.:rolleyes:

Again, there is a real, tangible difference between a cold night and a sub-zero night. If people can't see that obvious difference then you have to wonder if there would ever be conditions that would be worthy of a cancellation. -25? Play on you pussy. :rolleyes:

Again, there is a real, tangible difference between a cold night and a sub-zero night. If people can't see that obvious difference then you have to wonder if there would ever be conditions that would be worthy of a cancellation. -25? Play on you pussy. :rolleyes:

Sure didn't the world's best spearheaded by King Eric showcase their talents in the depths of Hell :D

6 o clock kick off, yeah?

Yep bt sports and Eir sports.. or yano.. the other way ;)

Yeser

Thread;

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057679936

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement