Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2017

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

Vertigo100 wrote: »
    Amazing that you have a personal experience for almost every situation and topic on this thread.

Well considering i have played football for years and i'm still playing and we are in a football forum talking about football it isnt that amazing really when you think about it....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,597 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

bangkok wrote: »
    Well considering i have played football for years and i'm still playing and we are in a football forum talking about football it isnt that amazing really when you think about it....

Edit: So where were you playing that was -10 the night before and how cold was it when you were playing?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭Vertigo100

bangkok wrote: »

Can you ask Juan Matas father to sort out a reservation at their new restraunt for me for when I'm over in Jan?

• Registered Users Posts: 892 ✭✭✭Delboy5

Team:

Man Utd v Zorya: Romero, Young, Bailly, Rojo, Blind, Herrera, Pogba, Mata, Rooney, Mkhitaryan, Ibrahimovic

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,767 ✭✭✭✭Leroy42

That is a very strong team

• Registered Users Posts: 941 ✭✭✭pheasant tail

Well lads anyone know a website or somewhere to buy old United jerseys? Looking for the 99 jersey but the megastore doesn't have it anymore. Be much appreciated thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Delighted to see Bailey back we have missed him a little bit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,977 ✭✭✭TheDoctor

Mata was always going to play after missing last weekend.

Surprised Ibra is playing. Thought it might be a chance to rest him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,812 ✭✭✭thelad95

In all seriousness, I still wouldn't be surprised if this gets called off or abandoned.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,977 ✭✭✭TheDoctor

Call it a 0-0 and cancel it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭domrush

Jesus lads whats the thinking behind that team? All ye need is a draw here and he's playing the strongest possible team? On a very dodgey pitch could easily pick up an injury or two. Bailly just back from injury as well and then the team has to fly home and play Spurs on the weekend?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

domrush wrote: »
    Jesus lads whats the thinking behind that team? All ye need is a draw here and he's playing the strongest possible team? On a very dodgey pitch could easily pick up an injury or two. Bailly just back from injury as well and then the team has to fly home and play Spurs on the weekend?

We've not been great at seeing out games of late though have we? Playing for a draw would be a sure fire way for us to make a complete balls of this.

I wouldn't say it's the strongest team either.

Romero, Young, Bailly, Rojo, Blind, Herrera, Pogba, Mata, Rooney, Mkhitaryan, Ibrahimovic

Romero in for DeGea - Sensible as a keeper could hurt themselves diving.
    Young in for Valencia
    Herrera in for Carrick
    Bailly in for Jones

That's 4 of our current best 11 (Jones given the injury situation, Bailly prob wouldn't have played Spurs anyway) rested and there's a few others that have been starting of late that are rested. I'm happier we're looking to go for it early, kill the game and put on a few subs.

Nice video coming from the game of Jose taking time out to sign pics for tlfans and then stood talking to the ball boys with a few of them standing around him.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,347 ✭✭✭Quandary

Jose is taking the europa league very seriously because he realises that finishing in the top 4 this season will not be easy considering how far back we are and it's nearly Christmas.

Can't take any chances. I'd say if Utd happened to get into a comfortable position we'd see the key players subbed off asap.

Mkhitaryan comes across as a very very likeable lad

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,196 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Very fluid midfield should see lots of the ball, get a quick goal or three and we are home free. Hope Bailly has a great game, he's a boss.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

Very surprised to see Bailly starting, especially considering the conditions.

A big gamble.

adox wrote: »
    Very surprised to see Bailly starting, especially considering the conditions.

A big gamble.

Agree, though maybe Jose fancied Bailly's survival chances on this pitch more than Jones'.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

astradave wrote: »
    Edit: So where were you playing that was -10 the night before and how cold was it when you were playing?

Match was in england and id guess around 0. Pitch wasnt thawed out at all

What a ****ing goal

• Advertisement

Class player out of nowhere love him

• Registered Users Posts: 2,304 ✭✭✭madcabbage

More of that please lad. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

Dream lineup 2017 - wont happen but feck it, ill stick with a 4231

Pogba - Herrera

Mata - Miki - Martial

Griezman

Griezman wont happen so just put in Rashers instead

Bailly makes defending look so easy!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

Bailly makes defending look so easy!

Wonderful footballer.

He reminds me of Vidic so much.

A hard as nails, old school centre half.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,777 ✭✭✭jimmytwotimes 2013

Does the club have an official blanket partner? I don't see any logo on those beauts on the bench. Ed better get on it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Rooney must be saving himself for the Spurs game,he's done the sum total of fukc all this evening.

Would have taken either Rooney or Herrera off. Both dialing it in a bit which is disappointing. Mata must be disappointed.

adox wrote: »
    Would have taken either Rooney or Herrera off. Both dialing it in a bit which is disappointing. Mata must be disappointed.

Think it's precautionary

zerks wrote: »
    Rooney must be saving himself for the Spurs game,he's done the sum total of fukc all this evening.

It's hard for a street footballer to play on ice

:D

• Advertisement

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Think it's precautionary

Mata pick up a knock? Take it back if so.

Rooney off now anyway. Poor application from him the whole game. Not good enough.

It's hard for a street footballer to play on ice

:D

He played more like a street drinker this evening.

zerks wrote: »
    He played more like a street drinker this evening.

Poor game alright.. Zlatan had a bad one too..

Rooney had been decent for the last few though so I'll give him a pass.. the Conditions are terrible.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,559 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

TFM is coming on now.Surprised by that.

Zlatan must have non sub clause in his contract:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,304 ✭✭✭madcabbage

Jesus the pace by Fosu Mensah!

Poor game alright.. Zlatan had a bad one too..

Rooney had been decent for the last few though so I'll give him a pass.. the Conditions are terrible.

Shut up Dave you're drunk

Ibra 2-0

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Zlatan.

Have to admit, Romero really is a decent keeper to have as a back up. Never looks rusty when he comes in

• Advertisement

Jaysus how did Bailly get away with that:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,777 ✭✭✭jimmytwotimes 2013

Jaysus how did Bailly get away with that:pac:

Can he be done on it later?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 990 ✭✭✭Ted111

Does the club have an official blanket partner? I don't see any logo on those beauts on the bench. Ed better get on it.

There's a multi million euro deal there for Mattress Mick to get on.

Win achieved and no drama on the ice. I'm still not confident in us getting a win when we are just one up,relieved to see the second goal go in from Zlatan.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,559 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

Got the win ,a clean sheet and into the next round. Job done with no drama.
    Good to have Bailly back and Mickey Ryan surely is a certain starter now impressive in every game.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,347 ✭✭✭Quandary

Fosu Mesah is still only 18. Hard to believe considering his size. So quick over the grass too. He could be a powerhouse in midfield in a couple of years for us.

• Advertisement

Former united lad Luke Steele in goal tonight for Panathinikos. Forgot where he ended up.

Better to see us win our way through to the knockout stages of the Europa IMO, rather than get dumped in there after an abysmal run in the CL group stages.

That was the case on this date last year in Wolfsburg, 3-2. Juan Mata got subbed off in that game too, unfortunately we remember all too well who came on for him.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Quandary wrote: »
    Fosu Mesah is still only 18. Hard to believe considering his size. So quick over the grass too. He could be a powerhouse in midfield in a couple of years for us.

An in house replacement for Carrick perhaps? Instead of the club splashing out.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Some French press saying Jose has talked to Payet about a January move.

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Some French press saying Jose has talked to Payet about a January move.

Coming from 10 sport.. not very reliable.. be good to have a player that can actually cross the ball though :D

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement