Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2017

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

zerks wrote: »

TBF he's been playing decent of late, last night was poor however.
    But agree, not enough to get in first 11
    I actually like the role he is currently playing, being on the bench makes him angry
    Angry Rooney / Good Rooney

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    TBF he's been playing decent of late, last night was poor however.
    But agree, not enough to get in first 11
    I actually like the role he is currently playing, being on the bench makes him angry
    Angry Rooney / Good Rooney

2 decent games but still not to a standard we'd expect. I thought the beard had some kind of magical power that helped him but it was just an illusion.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,017 ✭✭✭sReq | uTeK

Jose is doing a Miki with him.

He's obviously a player Jose likes, he wouldn't have tried to sign him for Chelsea otherwise, the problem is whether Jose can get him back to the form he showed under SAF!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Jose is doing a Miki with him.

He's obviously a player Jose likes, he wouldn't have tried to sign him for Chelsea otherwise, the problem is whether Jose can get him back to the form he showed under SAF!

I never buy the "he tried to buy him for Chelsea".

Yeah. Years ago, when Rooney was a significantly better player. Just because he liked a player 3 years ago (and for a different team too) doesn't mean he still fits the mold Jose wants now...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,017 ✭✭✭sReq | uTeK

Lord TSC wrote: »

Yeah. Years ago, when Rooney was a significantly better player. Just because he liked a player 3 years ago (and for a different team too) doesn't mean he still fits the mold Jose wants now...

Exactly, which is pretty much what I said. He "DID" like him but its a question of getting that form back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

Rooney looked like he was in second gear for the whole game which is disappointing. Looked like he was really applying himself the last couple of games but fear that was an anomaly rather than the norm.

Still think he will be gone in the summer and should be used very sparingly for the rest of the season.

Been a great player for the club but his time is up, he's overpaid even by today's standards and seems from the outside to have too much power at the club.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

Just on Rooney, I noticed last night, he looks trimmer than he has done in years.

He is obviously working hard on the fitness side of things which shows he is trying to get back to his best.

I'd love if he did, I'd much rather he left the club with a bang rather than a whimper.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,597 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

Rod Munch wrote: »
    Just on Rooney, I noticed last night, he looks trimmer than he has done in years.

He is obviously working hard on the fitness side of things which shows he is trying to get back to his best.

I'd love if he did, I'd much rather he left the club with a bang rather than a whimper.

Off topic but do you ever stop changing your name :pac: confused me for a while until I recognised the posting style

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

I have be honest Rooney to me looks as fit as I seen him since 08/09

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

And he bid crap money when he did bid in him, there was never any chance of Utd selling at the price Chelsea offered

astradave wrote: »
    Off topic but do you ever stop changing your name :pac: confused me for a while until I recognised the posting style

I like to mix things up.

:cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,384 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

I have be honest Rooney to me looks as fit as I seen him since 08/09

There's a difference between being slim and being fit. He was much fitter back then, more muscle and explosiveness. He's a shell of his former self now, it's why he gets shoved off the ball so much compared to his older self.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,597 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

Both well deserved, good games by them

https://twitter.com/EuropaLeague/status/807235664513212416

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

astradave wrote: »

I recognise two people on that team. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Taison is a better version of the Felipe Anderson dude we were linked too last year that's the only other one I know.

You surely know Eder from inter Milan and moussa sow??

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

He was being sarcastic...

Lithium93_ wrote: »

Jayo wasnt

Lithium93_ wrote: »

No, I wasn't. Just old, its been 15 years since I played champ manager 00/01 and knew all the players.

• Advertisement

bangkok wrote: »
    Jayo wasnt

Course I wasn't should I hold my head in shame?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,948 ✭✭✭0gac3yjefb5sv7

Haven't a breeze about any of them apart from our lads.

Pheonix10 wrote: »
    Haven't a breeze about any of them apart from our lads.

So your not been sarcastic either then? :)

jayo26 wrote: »
    Course I wasn't should I hold my head in shame?

Nope I wasn't trying to be smart either.

You def know moussa sow though as I'd say most do on here, scored a good few goals in Turkey and scored goal of the season against us this year in Europa league

Just thinking about injuries and how quick we were to see Bailly and Jones return to first team action after we heard they were back in training. I remember in the LVG days, we'd hear a report about a player back in training but wouldn't see him in a match until at least 3 weeks later because of "match rhythm" deficiencies and the like. Now though, we're hearing about the player back in training and pretty much seeing him play within a week. Given that Jones has yet to fall apart since his most recent return, and Bailly put in a strong 90 minutes on his return, I'm liking this method. I can't remember exactly what it was like during Fergie's time, or even Moyes', but LVG had me believing that 'returned to training' meant that the player was still a few weeks away from a match.

I really didn't expect to see Bailly back on the pitch so soon and to be honest, I forgot just how good he was in his absence. It was only Zorya, but he still had a great game and reintroduction to the team. Never mind his defensive attributes, the guy can control a cross in the box with his first touch to lay it on for himself and make a very decent attempt at an OH kick? And on a freezing hard surface too? Skill and balls, in abundance.

Where LVG might not have played a player so soon after returning to training because of "match rhythm", Jose used such a game to help get the player back into that match rhythm and be effective. Seems to be doing no harm so far.

stankratz wrote: »
    Just thinking about injuries and how quick we were to see Bailly and Jones return to first team action after we heard they were back in training. I remember in the LVG days, we'd hear a report about a player back in training but wouldn't see him in a match until at least 3 weeks later because of "match rhythm" deficiencies and the like. Now though, we're hearing about the player back in training and pretty much seeing him play within a week. Given that Jones has yet to fall apart since his most recent return, and Bailly put in a strong 90 minutes on his return, I'm liking this method. I can't remember exactly what it was like during Fergie's time, or even Moyes', but LVG had me believing that 'returned to training' meant that the player was still a few weeks away from a match.

I really didn't expect to see Bailly back on the pitch so soon and to be honest, I forgot just how good he was in his absence. It was only Zorya, but he still had a great game and reintroduction to the team. Never mind his defensive attributes, the guy can control a cross in the box with his first touch to lay it on for himself and make a very decent attempt at an OH kick? And on a freezing hard surface too? Skill and balls, in abundance.

Where LVG might not have played a player so soon after returning to training because of "match rhythm", Jose used such a game to help get the player back into that match rhythm and be effective. Seems to be doing no harm so far.

Definitely agree. No match rhythm nonsense. Get them back out asap.

stankratz wrote: »

Bailly was on the bench against Everton last weekend and had been training week before that as well.

Also I don't really buy that, we waited over 2 months for mkhitarayan to get his match rythem...

I see Bangkok has a new release for christmas.

Miki should have played sooner.

To go along with his Classics

We're a better team with Carrick

and

Fellaini isnt a United player

At least he wont be short of members for the band

Nope I wasn't trying to be smart either.

You def know moussa sow though as I'd say most do on here, scored a good few goals in Turkey and scored goal of the season against us this year in Europa league

I'd know eder from fifa ha and yes I do remember sow I just thought he was spelt sou for some strange reason.

• Advertisement

As I said last n8ght it's easy speculate on what should of been but facts are miki is flying now after been held back I'll give kudos to jose for that 100 percent.

jayo26 wrote: »
    As I said last n8ght it's easy speculate on what should of been but facts are miki is flying now after been held back I'll give kudos to jose for that 100 percent.

We'll never know, but I'll bet dollars to donuts it wasn't physical match fitness keeping Mikitarian out of the side.

Bailly was on the bench against Everton last weekend and had been training week before that as well.

Also I don't really buy that, we waited over 2 months for mkhitarayan to get his match rythem...

Yes, because that's the very same thing as what I was talking about.

Like this Bailly chap. Him and Miki have been excellent so far for United.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,133 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Jury still out on Miki imo, he's best performances have come in the league cup and europa league, I'll reserve judgement until he brings that form into the premier league on a consistent basis.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

Tyson Fury wrote: »
    Jury still out on Miki imo, he's best performances have come in the league cup and europa league, I'll reserve judgement until he brings that form into the premier league on a consistent basis.

Hes had what, one and a half PL games?

Hard to get consistency if he wasn't getting games.

I said it when he signed and I'm still in no doubt, he is going to be a superstar for us.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,133 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Rod Munch wrote: »
    Hes had what, one and a half PL games?

Hard to get consistency if he wasn't getting games.

I said it when he signed and I'm still in no doubt, he is going to be a superstar for us.

Hopefully, but as I said, jury is still out.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,428 ✭✭✭secman

Tyson Fury wrote: »
    Hopefully, but as I said, jury is still out.

Jury must have been got at ...:)

I see Bangkok has a new release for christmas.

Miki should have played sooner.

To go along with his Classics

We're a better team with Carrick

and

Fellaini isnt a United player

At least he wont be short of members for the band

Yea they are all good releases, better than the latest X factor release that everyone goes along with

Rooney is crap and Rooney shouldn't be near the starting 11

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

Yea they are all good releases, better than the latest X factor release that everyone goes along with

Neither of them should be first team regulars. They are both well past their prime and don't offer enough.

I'd also like to see Rooney out of the club at this stage. I really think it would benefit the club.

Oh and that's a rock n roll answer!

Predictions for tomorrow. I'm going to say 2.1.

• Advertisement

4-1 Utd mkhitarayan with 2

1-1

Spurs scoring either in the opening or the closing 3 minutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,576 ✭✭✭deaddonkey15

I don't really like that one.

Either a 1-1 draw or a 2-0 Spurs win. There will be wailing and gnashing of teeth but the bigger picture won't really change.

3-1 United.

Its Spurs..

2_0 to United and miki to get another goal and an assist and bangkok to say I told u so.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,576 ✭✭✭deaddonkey15

1-1.

Is the game on TV tomorrow? I ask cause we've had a few post-EL matches that weren't...

Is the game on TV tomorrow? I ask cause we've had a few post-EL matches that weren't...

Yhh it's super Sunday 2.15 kickoff

Moyes good run about to end!

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement