Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2017

Comments

Qe5oD5aXjEbKw.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,226 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,104 ✭✭✭markc91

J. Marston wrote: »

Next match no, alright fine have him back for WBA next weekend grand, Actually no surgery he should be back maybe BOXING DAY :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,402 ✭✭✭xtal191

Jayop wrote: »
    That tackle in the end in the box by Phil was brilliant. I love Smalling but I reckon he gives the pen or gets turned there.

Rojo, Jones and Bailly all deserve to start ahead of Smalling imo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Unearthly

Seems like mourinho has made up with MUTV or that story was a load of crap?

• Site Banned Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭BMMachine

GSPfan wrote: »
    No Pogba at all?

well I don't really see what he adds compared to the rest. Unless you want to play him wide which I don't think would be good for anyone

and who do you get rid of? Mata, Herrera or Carrick? all 3 have shown repeatedly they are worth starting

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

Have to admire the way Jose has got Mikki chomping at the bit

4 MOTM in his last 4 games

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,417 ✭✭✭WinnyThePoo

That's superb. When's the last united player to do that? rooney or Ronaldo?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

Everybody if he brings in two strikers in the summer. He had Rooney, Rashford and Martial there already, it didn't make sense to bring in another two. It will make sense this summer with Ibra being a year older but Rooney is in the biggest trouble imo. No way can he sit on the bench making the odd appearance here and there being paid 300k a week for the rest of this season. If his season continues as ithe has been for the last few weeks, I think he will be very lucky to make it through the summer a United player.

Can't really remember anyone bringing in 2 strikers at once. Jose did the right thing.

My point is that Utd have a weak squad. At some point Woodward or someone needs to take a bit of control and steer the club in the right direction.

I'm not sure if it's a DOF or what is needed but given Ibrahimovich's age and Martial and Rashford's lack of progress, it's possible that next year Utd will have the two highest paid players in the league and the most expensive teenager ever and no good striker.

I think it's a bit irresponsible from the club hierarchy to just saddle the blame with successive managers.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,519 ✭✭✭Flint Fredstone

gosplan wrote: »
    Can't really remember anyone bringing in 2 strikers at once. Jose did the right thing.

My point is that Utd have a weak squad. At some point Woodward or someone needs to take a bit of control and steer the club in the right direction.

I'm not sure if it's a DOF or what is needed but given Ibrahimovich's age and Martial and Rashford's lack of progress, it's possible that next year Utd will have the two highest paid players in the league and the most expensive teenager ever and no good striker.

I think it's a bit irresponsible from the club hierarchy to just saddle the blame with successive managers.

Bullsh*t!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,136 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Could be a great weekend here!

Well you've obviously gone and jinxed it now :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,777 ✭✭✭jimmytwotimes 2013

Good win today against a good team. Could of had more goals, as has been the story recently, but to close out the win is good.

Thought Rojo did well on Kane and I wouldn't be a fan of Rojo at all.

Carrick screened the back four all day and did that very well.

Mkhitaryan was class, Martial still isn't quite at it and I thought Pogba did well for the first hour today.

One criticism would be that Jose is going to have to start replacing Zlatan for the last 20 mins of matches as he has looked tired late in most of our recent matches and Rooney or whoever could give it everything for the last 20 then.

Other than that, the top 4 is not impossible (still unlikely), but we need to string a few wins together.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,597 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

Think I jinxed it to be honest by sticking know West ham to win @ 8/1 and West ham to win 2-1 @25/1

Well you've obviously gone and jinxed it now :pac:

Jesus have people not used the internet before, I'll put a bet on them now and try even it out

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,347 ✭✭✭Quandary

Yep, well and truly jinxed. Klopp will put on his favourite Pantera album in the dressing room and they'll come out all juiced up and win 4-2 or 4-3.

Good performance from the team today though. I thought Herrera was great, ran himself into the ground. Mhik was quality too, hopefully he is not out too long. Big win for us today. Spurs are a difficult team to beat.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,406 ✭✭✭Korat

Too soon how soon is now not now.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,576 ✭✭✭deaddonkey15

I reckon United's squad is as strong as anyone else in the league.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,075 ✭✭✭IamtheWalrus

I love Utd when they win.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭Crimson King

Definitely, except in defence. Need to strengthen there and also another striker imo

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

Where was that Randolph against us in the league?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,136 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Oops.

So when Ibra starts, who's the impact sub?

Like when you're need a goal in the last 20, you put on...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,843 ✭✭✭GSPfan

Is there any players realistically available for transfer in January to fulfill the Carrick role?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,006 ✭✭✭beno619

We had the option of Rooney or Mata today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,385 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

GSPfan wrote: »
    Is there any players realistically available for transfer in January to fulfill the Carrick role?

Leon Britton :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

Could see Martial being dropped for a few weeks, he is far better than what we've been seeing. Zlatan also needs to score more, would have put a lot of the blame on him if we didn't pick up 3 points.

Massive 3 points today, a great run of fixtures coming up with no trips to Baghdad or St Petersburg to worry about. We need to get some consistency going.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,385 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

Definitely, except in defence. Need to strengthen there and also another striker imo

I don't think it really lags behind anyone in defense. Not conceding many goals with the 3rd and 4th choice CBs at the moment. Shaw is no doubt being groomed behind the scenes to retake his role and Blind and Rojo can play in LB too. Valencia at RB is a problem as he is suspect both in attack and defense. I believe that if Darmian got a run of games there he'd solve that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,621 ✭✭✭caviardreams

Liam O wrote: »
    I don't think it really lags behind anyone in defense. Not conceding many goals with the 3rd and 4th choice CBs at the moment. Shaw is no doubt being groomed behind the scenes to retake his role and Blind and Rojo can play in LB too. Valencia at RB is a problem as he is suspect both in attack and defense. I believe that if Darmian got a run of games there he'd solve that.

What's the latest on Shaw's injury does anyone know? Would love to see him back, or Blind in ahead of Darmian at LB. I think Darmian has been very poor the past couple of matches, and I would have always been a defender (:D) of him tbh.

beno619 wrote: »
    We had the option of Rooney or Mata today.

Rooney isn't doing it and this whole conversation started when someone in here said that Mata's no god when chasing a game.

Haven''t fans in here been banging on about more defenders, wingers and a striker?

Is it just that an outsider questions the strength of the squad?

• Advertisement

Il take the draw ;)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

3 of the 5 teams above us drop points while we get the win. Good weekend all round imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,582 ✭✭✭NoviGlitzko

Could see Martial being dropped for a few weeks, he is far better than what we've been seeing. Zlatan also needs to score more, would have put a lot of the blame on him if we didn't pick up 3 points.
    That's harsh. He's been doing very well off the ball for us I think.
    Liam O wrote: »
    I completely disagree with that. Valencia has been terrific this season. He's completely undroppable for us. Best full back in the league at the moment. Then you've someone like Darmian who doesn't have a single idea of what to do when he goes forward, which renders him basically useless to us attacking. Happens every game I see him and we need our full backs to offer a threat. I'd be starting Young any day of the week ahead of Darmian even.

Rooney isn't doing it and this whole conversation started when someone in here said that Mata's no god when chasing a game.

Haven''t fans in here been banging on about more defenders, wingers and a striker?

Did someone who said we need players disagree with you about squad strength.. we are not all the same person. Ive only 4 accounts that post on this thread.

Oops.

Your blushes were spared phew :D

Nobody said it was a perfect squad. Are you saying it's weak on the basis of us wanting a few signings?
    You wouldn't upgrade any Arsenal players?

Nobody said it was a perfect squad. Are you saying it's weak on the basis of us wanting a few signings?
    You wouldn't upgrade any Arsenal players?

Not directed at you specifically but the Liverpool Utd rubbish that goes on across boards has ruined the hopes of anyone from another team making a point in this thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭Potential Underachiever

Conversely each performance he puts in is making a mockery of Jose freezing him out, the lad is obviously a classy player it doesn't take any great management to get him playing well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,006 ✭✭✭beno619

Conversely each performance he puts in is making a mockery of Jose freezing him out, the lad is obviously a classy player it doesn't take any great management to get him playing well.

Except that never happened :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

I should be happy right now but im actually disappointed, border line angry

For once its not a manager or player, but those pathetic fans who booed one of our players.

Where has this **** come from? We were never like that, never. ****ing morons every single one of them.

He not holding the club to ransom, he not strolling around the field, he is not out breaking up marriages or not a criminal. He gave away a penalty last week, just a poor(unlucky imo) tackle last week and now he deserves that ****?

Any of you old enough to remember Andy Cole will remember what press and how others try to do to him. Instead of booing him United fans cheered his name, sang his song, urged him everytime he got ball.

Those muppets who jeered probably spend more time of their ****ing phones then watching the match.

Disgusted with the hold thing. We pride ourselves on giving our players a chance. We are turning slowly into certain other supporters after today.

Except it did :rolleyes:

Wenger did exactly the same with Xhaka who's also playing well now in the last couple of weeks.

I think Xhaka got one or two more games by necessity but smart managers see players that are not ready.

Not directed at you specifically but the Liverpool Utd rubbish that goes on across boards has ruined the hopes of anyone from another team making a point in this thread.

What in the name of Jaysus has that got to do with what I asked you?

Except it did :rolleyes:

Lol no it didn't you are talking out your hoop yet again in here

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,017 ✭✭✭sReq | uTeK

OH me me me...I know, I know.

Let's put on the all time leading goal scorer for England and soon to be leading goal scorer for United. I'm sure he knows how to find the net.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,576 ✭✭✭deaddonkey15

Mata/Rooney/Rashford.

To be fair to our defenders, they've played quite well this season. The likes of Rojo and Jones have gone in and done a solid job. I think defensively our options are as good if not better than City's.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,406 ✭✭✭Korat

Great to get the win but Utd really need to score more goals, a lot more goals.

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Lol no it didn't you are talking out your hoop yet again in here

Ok, I obviously just imagined him not being played for about 3 months, when every fan on here was begging for him to get games and then being p1ssed off as squad after squad came out with no Mkhitaryan in it, I do have a vivid imagination.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,843 ✭✭✭GSPfan

Im with you The Kew Tour.

It really is awful that that happened. I would love Ferguson to speak out about it as I think he would be the only one with the balls to do it and not have to woory about a backlash.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,017 ✭✭✭sReq | uTeK

Supoort Daniel Sturridge.

Ah how S&S have fallen

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement