Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2017

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

Conversely each performance he puts in is making a mockery of Jose freezing him out, the lad is obviously a classy player it doesn't take any great management to get him playing well.

If Klopp did it you'd have a thread going about his brilliance

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

What in the name of Jaysus has that got to do with what I asked you?

It was the bit you bolded.

Just to sum up. I think Utd have a great first team but weak squad options.

I think this is partly why their finishing stats are so poor - nobody is coming on to score the late goal.

Football is a far simpler game sometimes than people (especially AIG :)) think. The most effective change a manager can make in any game is to stick on a decent striker who puts up a good physical challenge. Fresh strikers against tiring defenders score goals.

None of this is jose's fault but Man Utd are in a weak position as regards strikers given they have the two highest paid ones in the league and the most expensive teenage striker ever.

I think i blame Woodward.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,075 ✭✭✭IamtheWalrus

I should be happy right now but im actually disappointed, border line angry

For once its not a manager or player, but those pathetic fans who booed one of our players.

Where has this **** come from? We were never like that, never. ****ing morons every single one of them.

He not holding the club to ransom, he not strolling around the field, he is not out breaking up marriages or not a criminal. He gave away a penalty last week, just a poor(unlucky imo) tackle last week and now he deserves that ****?

Any of you old enough to remember Andy Cole will remember what press and how others try to do to him. Instead of booing him United fans cheered his name, sang his song, urged him everytime he got ball.

Those muppets who jeered probably spend more time of their ****ing phones then watching the match.

Disgusted with the hold thing. We pride ourselves on giving our players a chance. We are turning slowly into certain other supporters after today.

As a fellow old school-Utd follower, I agree with these sentiments. This behaviour is a new thing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,017 ✭✭✭sReq | uTeK

Ok, I obviously just imagined him not being played for about 3 months, when every fan on here was begging for him to get games and then being p1ssed off as squad after squad came out with no Mkhitaryan in it, I do have a vivid imagination.

You've obviously not read his interview where he said he's happy to work towards a starting position in the team and that he acknowledged he was under performing at the start of the season. But hey let's not stop hard facts getting in the way of an agenda

• Registered Users Posts: 2,406 ✭✭✭Korat

Ok, I obviously just imagined him not being played for about 3 months, when every fan on here was begging for him to get games and then being p1ssed off as squad after squad came out with no Mkhitaryan in it, I do have a vivid imagination.

Yes but thanks for sharing anyway.

Remember Jose Mourinho is Satan and it's your mission to make sure no one forgets.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭Potential Underachiever

Supoort Daniel Sturridge.

Ah how S&S have fallen

No idea what you're talking about.
    If Klopp did it you'd have a thread going about his brilliance

Sign a superstar and getting him playing well is not much to brag about, all you have to do is pick him,so no, no there wouldn't.

You've obviously not read his interview where he said he's happy to work towards a starting position in the team and that he acknowledged he was under performing at the start of the season. But hey let's not stop hard facts getting in the way of an agenda

You're a bit gullible methinks, that's media spin, it's exactly what he's supposed to say, you think he'd really say Jose was being a pr1ck that's why he didn't play me! Dear me!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,406 ✭✭✭Korat

Five-Reasons-To-Laugh-More.jpg

Pure evil

No idea what you're talking about.

Sign a superstar and getting him playing well is not much to brag about, all you have to do is pick him,so no, no there wouldn't.

If only you could have given this advice to Klopp when he had miki at Dortmund....oh wait he chronically underperformed under klopp and has stated how down he was until a new manager came in and got the best of him.

Surprisingly the only manager to date not to get the best of him is klopp. So Judging by your logic that it's not hard to get a world class player playing well, klopp is pretty much a failure?

You're a bit gullible methinks, that's media spin, it's exactly what he's supposed to say, you think he'd really say Jose was being a pr1ck that's why he didn't play me! Dear me!

Haha, yes of course. Let's not believe the direct words of the player or players. Sure it be grand we just stick to conjecture and fiction that we create in our heads. Nothing in the universe is as seen and everyone speaks I'll truths just for ****s and giggles.

Were you abandoned as a child is this where the trust issues stem from?

• Advertisement

If only you could have given this advice to Klopp when he had miki at Dortmund....oh wait he chronically underperformed under klopp and has stated how down he was until a new manager came in and got the best of him.

Surprisingly the only manager to date not to get the best of him is klopp. So Judging by your logic that it's not hard to get a world class player playing well, klopp is pretty much a failure?

You're gone way off track and are seriously jive talking but I'll entertain this post by addressing the bolded bit, a very brief look at his wiki page tells me this about his first season at Dortmund....

Mkhitaryan finished his season with nine goals and ten assists in the Bundesliga and was included in the WhoScored Bundesliga Team of the Season. His team finished runner-up at the 2013–14 Bundesliga, and runner-up for the 2013–14 DFB-Pokal

Chronic indeed, good night.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

The winner from today,I won't embed it despite it being on youtube as I dunno if it breaks copyright rules.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k9g7eVOcdgc

zerks wrote: »
    The winner from today,I won't embed it despite it being on youtube as I dunno if it breaks copyright rules.

Herreras pass was perfectly weighted to note

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Herreras pass was perfectly weighted to note

He made more tackles than any other midfielder over the course of the Premier League weekend with 10 challenges.
    No player on the pitch created more chances than Herrera, who conjured up five including his assist
    Read more at http://www.squawka.com/news/herrera-outclasses-wanyama-in-man-utds-midfield-battle-against-tottenham/850217#GyjWtK1krDOHh4t7.99

4897316.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,519 ✭✭✭Flint Fredstone

gosplan wrote: »
    It was the bit you bolded.

Just to sum up. I think Utd have a great first team but weak squad options.

I think this is partly why their finishing stats are so poor - nobody is coming on to score the late goal.

Football is a far simpler game sometimes than people (especially AIG :)) think. The most effective change a manager can make in any game is to stick on a decent striker who puts up a good physical challenge. Fresh strikers against tiring defenders score goals.

None of this is jose's fault but Man Utd are in a weak position as regards strikers given they have the two highest paid ones in the league and the most expensive teenage striker ever.

I think i blame Woodward.

The players are there, just not firing on all cylinders at the moment. Rooney, Martial and Rashford on paper is strength in depth. Who have City got? Arsenal? Liverpool? Chelsea?

United's striking options are as good as anybody's in the league in my opinion. You are basing it on form.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,385 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

I completely disagree with that. Valencia has been terrific this season. He's completely undroppable for us. Best full back in the league at the moment. Then you've someone like Darmian who doesn't have a single idea of what to do when he goes forward, which renders him basically useless to us attacking. Happens every game I see him and we need our full backs to offer a threat. I'd be starting Young any day of the week ahead of Darmian even.

He's not nearly the best full back in the league. Even today he made a mistake in a bad position that could have proven costly and that's not even mentioning when he stood there watching Wanyama who should have scored. Darmian is playing on the left as a right back. Wonder how Valencia would do out there?

As I constantly say he has yet to score or set up a goal in the league despite getting into positions to cross or shoot at least 5(usually much more) times a game! It's embarrassing tbh. He has also been responsible for multiple goals so far this season. His pace can mask his terrible positioning but in the big games it really stands out and puts pressure on whoever is on the inside of him.

Liam O wrote: »
    He's not nearly the best full back in the league. Even today he made a mistake in a bad position that could have proven costly and that's not even mentioning when he stood there watching Wanyama who should have scored. Darmian is playing on the left as a right back. Wonder how Valencia would do out there?

As I constantly say he has yet to score or set up a goal in the league despite getting into positions to cross or shoot at least 5(usually much more) times a game! It's embarrassing tbh. He has also been responsible for multiple goals so far this season. His pace can mask his terrible positioning but in the big games it really stands out and puts pressure on whoever is on the inside of him.

I wouldnt be as harsh on him as LiamO but ya his position is terrible at times and his dilivery is poor, nearly proved me wrong today mind just as I was giving out about him

You're gone way off track and are seriously jive talking but I'll entertain this post by addressing the bolded bit, a very brief look at his wiki page tells me this about his first season at Dortmund....

Mkhitaryan finished his season with nine goals and ten assists in the Bundesliga and was included in the WhoScored Bundesliga Team of the Season. His team finished runner-up at the 2013–14 Bundesliga, and runner-up for the 2013–14 DFB-Pokal

Chronic indeed, good night.

Did you blindly overlook his 2nd season were he registered 3 goals for the entire season? And he's given multiple accounts of how he himself has said his first 2 years under klopp were in his eyes not a great time. Feel free to Google them.

Cheers good night.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Been a good weekend for us we gained points on the 3 teams directly above us we are 7 points of 3rd spot its no great achievement but they all have tough games especially over festive period so if we can go on a little 4 game winning run we could be a lot closer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,597 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

Dont the Premier League/sky Sports have an agreement with Twitter now too..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,136 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Any new on miki s injury?

Jose said he doesn't need surgery, will miss the next game but should be OK.. the next game is Wednesday so hopefully he is grand for the weekend

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,948 ✭✭✭0gac3yjefb5sv7

Only out for a week!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

Ander Herrera.

What a player. He loves the shirt on his back. Easy captain material.

I cried for him to start consistently under LvG...now look at him. Monster.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,652 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

• Advertisement

Headshot wrote: »

This pisses me off
    Jose Mourinho has 'dedicated' Manchester United's 1-0 victory over Tottenham to Marouane Fellaini after the error-prone midfielder was jeered by sections of the Old Trafford crowd.

This means that he does this all the time.. bull**** like this is the reason why the stupid fooks in the stands are booing him.

Daily mail are Cnuts

• Registered Users Posts: 33,755 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Well said The Kew Tour. Sad to read some so called fans booed Fellaini, yes he had a nightmare against Everton but he did not do what he did on purpose.
    He tries his best and can be really good for us, I don't know what people are thinking who boo their own players, we want confident players, getting booed doesn't help.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭fatherted1969

Looks like Mourinho handled the Miki situation really well. Miki has more or less said it himself he wasn't right.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

RobertKK wrote:
    Well said The Kew Tour. Sad to read some so called fans booed Fellaini, yes he had a nightmare against Everton but he did not do what he did on purpose. He tries his best and can be really good for us, I don't know what people are thinking who boo their own players, we want confident players, getting booed doesn't help.

Spot on mate
    I've my feelings about Fellaini but as a supporter of this club I'd never lower myself to the level of booing one of our own players. I support this club in good times great times bad days and worse days...
    Our players get enough flak from supporters of other clubs so if our own supporters are going that in my eyes it makes them even worse ...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,233 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

If carlsberg did weekends lads 😂😂😂😂

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,582 ✭✭✭NoviGlitzko

Liam O wrote: »
    None of that is true from what I've seen. Also, you can't blame him if the rest of the team can't score from his attacking exploits. His delivery, at least this season has been good.

Nothing worse than an injured Micky.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

At the game today, massive 3 points.

I'm probably the biggest fellaini protester on boards but what happened today was wrong and I did not take part. Felt sorry for him warming up I was down on the corner where he was running to. No need for it but just shows how much the united fans don't want him there. Embarrassing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

A huge 3 points when you think we made up points on 3 of the teams above us. Some handy games coming up now and we need to really push on. City have Liverpool and Arsenal coming up so some of those will be dropping points and if we can get on a winning run it could see us climb a place or two pretty quickly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

bangkok wrote:
    I'm probably the biggest fellaini protester on boards but what happened today was wrong and I did not take part. Felt sorry for him warming up I was down on the corner where he was running to. No need for it but just shows how much the united fans don't want him there. Embarrassing

You've more reason than most to dislike him mate
    In proud of you though.

Jokes aside it's not right from anyone to do that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,226 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Rojo has done alright in Smalling and Bailly's absence. I was expecting catastrophe after catastrophe with him at the back but even if the results haven't been great, he's done okay.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,652 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Though Rojo was great today. Had Kane in his back pocket all game

Headshot wrote: »
    Though Rojo was great today. Had Kane in his back pocket all game

Thought himself and Jones has really stepped up lately, wonder who would be favoured to be beside Bailly.

https://twitter.com/Squawka/status/807985279571202048

astradave wrote: »
    Thought himself and Jones has really stepped up lately, wonder who would be favoured to be beside Bailly.

https://twitter.com/Squawka/status/807985279571202048

They forgot the most important stat. Injuries: 0

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

I agree with booing him and it should have happened years ago. He should be hounded out of every club he enters and eventually out of football. If you feel sorry for him, just remember all those elbows swung and legs he tried to break.

There is no place for Fellaini in football and his expulsion needs to be fan led because his mercenary managers seem to love what he does.

If the fans start turning on Pogba, United may be able to recoup some of that wasted 100 million on him at the end of the season before everyone realises he is a chump

• Advertisement

Phil has been a super player since he came back from injury I just hope he is drinking plenty of milk. If he goes without any major injuries between now and end of season the medical staff or coaches deserve a lot of credit he looks super fit.

By the way how long has he had the tattoo on his arm I never noticed it before have I been blind?

I agree with booing him and it should have happened years ago. He should be hounded out of every club he enters and eventually out of football. If you feel sorry for him, just remember all those elbows swung and legs he tried to break.

There is no place for Fellaini in football and his expulsion needs to be fan led because his mercenary managers seem to love what he does.

If the fans start turning on Pogba, United may be able to recoup some of that wasted 100 million on him at the end of the season before everyone realises he is a chump

Ah Howaya... welcome back...

:rolleyes:

brinty wrote: »
    You've more reason than most to dislike him mate
    In proud of you though.

Jokes aside it's not right from anyone to do that

Nothing to be proud about, on boards is a bit of craic as it has nothing to do with the players, fellaini heard that abuse again directly again today, was totally wrong. I don't think he is is good enough t
    For the club but he doesn't deserve that. I think it's in uniteds and fellainis best interest if he moved on. I'd say he is at home tonight felling awful. Not right.

Lol great post there

bangkok wrote: »
    Nothing to be proud about, on boards is a bit of craic as it has nothing to do with the players, fellaini heard that abuse again directly again today, was totally wrong. I don't think he is is good enough t
    For the club but he doesn't deserve that. I think it's in uniteds and fellainis best interest if he moved on. I'd say he is at home tonight felling awful. Not right.

Id say he is at home with his feet up waiting for match of the day and smiling because of the 3 big results today and thinking yehh I'm apart of this team we won't give up.

He knows that if he goes and gets his fat head of hair on the end of a headded goal next week he will be a superstar again football fans are fickle.

Talks of Fellaini being used as part of a deal for Payet,but the other option is Payet has a buyout clause of £15 million if West Ham are relegated so United could play a waiting game.
    Thing is, where would he fit into the team if he was signed?

Talks of Fellaini being used as part of a deal for Payet,but the other option is Payet has a buyout clause of £15 million if West Ham are relegated so United could play a waiting game.

West ham won't be relegated. There is worse teams in the league than them.

If he was 2 or 3 years younger yhh but he is the wrong age for the money unless they do get relegated. I think we have a good blend of creative players I want leaders for the defence and a hungry goalscorer for attack.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

He wouldn't and I really hope we don't sign him.

• Advertisement

astradave wrote: »
    West ham won't be relegated. There is worse teams in the league than them.

Thats what they said last time too.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement