Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2017

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

I agree with booing him and it should have happened years ago. He should be hounded out of every club he enters and eventually out of football. If you feel sorry for him, just remember all those elbows swung and legs he tried to break.

There is no place for Fellaini in football and his expulsion needs to be fan led because his mercenary managers seem to love what he does.

If the fans start turning on Pogba, United may be able to recoup some of that wasted 100 million on him at the end of the season before everyone realises he is a chump

0/10

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,330 ✭✭✭Dwarf.Shortage

zerks wrote: »
    Talks of Fellaini being used as part of a deal for Payet,but the other option is Payet has a buyout clause of £15 million if West Ham are relegated so United could play a waiting game.
    Thing is, where would he fit into the team if he was signed?

I'm going to assume all that means in practice is that West Ham have to sell him if they get relegated but they can still sell him to the highest bidder. There's not a hope we get him for £15m, like it's not going to be the case that they're sitting by the fax machine and the first offer of £15m gets Payet, there'll still be a bidding war.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

astradave wrote: »
    Thought himself and Jones has really stepped up lately, wonder who would be favoured to be beside Bailly.

https://twitter.com/Squawka/status/807985279571202048

He has done well and covered brilliantly for the absent Darmian today but he always feels(and usually is)one step away from a major mistake. Smalling and Jones should always be ahead of him. He should never be first choice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

adox wrote: »
    He wouldn't and I really hope we don't sign him.

One name: Griezmann.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,017 ✭✭✭sReq | uTeK

I would love NOTHING more than Fellani to grab a hat trick against Crystal Palace next week.

With all the **** and abuse and scapegoatedness he's endured he's never spoken out once and has always ALWAYS carried himself with the upmost professionalism.

Whilst he may not be everyone's cup of tea he never in a million ****ing years deserves to be bood, nor does any United player.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

How'd we play today chaps?

Any word on Mikhis injury?

I checked the score in another game earlier and saw it at two nil.

I figured the result was a foregone conclusion.

Saw the result a couple of minutes ago.

It pleased me greatly.

Don't Klopp me now, I'm havin such a good time, I'm havin a lawl.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

jayo26 wrote: »
    Id say he is at home with his feet up waiting for match of the day and smiling because of the 3 big results today and thinking yehh I'm apart of this team we won't give up.

He knows that if he goes and gets his fat head of hair on the end of a headded goal next week he will be a superstar again football fans are fickle.

No chance, I'd say he is sick at what happened today. No matter how how much money you earn or whatever no need for that today. I'd say United and himself will be looking for a way out. Not the first time it has happened with him either

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,631 ✭✭✭Dirty Dingus McGee

I would love NOTHING more than Fellani to grab a hat trick against Crystal Palace next week.

With all the **** and abuse and scapegoatedness he's endured he's never spoken out once and has always ALWAYS carried himself with the upmost professionalism.

Whilst he may not be everyone's cup of tea he never in a million ****ing years deserves to be bood, nor does any United player.

He is being paid 80 grand per week so it's the bare minimum to have the upmost professionalism from someone on that sort of money.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

bangkok wrote: »
    No chance, I'd say he is sick at what happened today. No matter how how much money you earn or whatever no need for that today. I'd say United and himself will be looking for a way out. Not the first time it has happened with him either

Would u ever stop your like a drama queen. He was booed as u say doesn't deserve it but it's not the end of the world it happened before he is not a sensitive sole by the looks of it.

Fellaini has a job at United he will be here for a while yet sorry to tell you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,017 ✭✭✭sReq | uTeK

He is being paid 80 grand per week so it's the bare minimum to have the upmost professionalism from someone on that sort of money.

And even so there is an instance of a professional footballer(s) throwing wobblers or leaking **** and giving interviews to get their view point across when they find themselves out if the team every week.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,631 ✭✭✭Dirty Dingus McGee

And even so there is an instance of a professional footballer(s) throwing wobblers or leaking **** and giving interviews to get their view point across when they find themselves out if the team every week.

Which is unacceptable behavior really.Just because others behave poorly doesn't mean someone should be praised for doing nothing.

jayo26 wrote: »
    Would u ever stop your like a drama queen. He was booed as u say doesn't deserve it but it's not the end of the world it happened before he is not a sensitive sole by the looks of it.

Fellaini has a job at United he will be here for a while yet sorry to tell you.

No need to be be sorry. He will be gone in January or the summer. It was just embarrassing today. Jose dedicating the win to him as well out of sympathy

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

No need to be be sorry. He will be gone in January or the summer. It was just embarrassing today. Jose dedicating the win to him as well out of sympathy

Making assumptions much?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,428 ✭✭✭secman

I would LOVE nothing more than to hear he's being sold, Fellaini and hat trick just don't belong in the same sentence, you're being silly now. :)

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    Making assumptions much?

Not really, I'd say he will push for a move himself

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

I'll never understand the hate for Fellaini, he's a perfectly fine squad player for us and far better than many midfielders that played for the club. Why would we want to sell him when we could just keep him and use him.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Not really, I'd say he will push for a move himself

Again making assumptions..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,428 ✭✭✭secman

I'll never understand the hate for Fellaini, he's a perfectly fine squad player for us and far better than many midfielders that played for the club. Why would we want to sell him when we could just keep him and use him.

I'll never understand how some fans see Fellaini as good enough to wear a United shirt, beggars belief that we bought him, for a ridiculous fee and beggars belief that he's still here. We should take the hit on him and get it done with.

Fellaini and hat trick in the same sentence?! He will be lucky if he even starts in fairness

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,217 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

Great win, so important mentally to have held on to that and kept a clean sheet

Delighted for the team, some of the fans let themselves down very badly unfortunately. Rojo was immense today, Jones was great too and Ander Herrera had a Roy Keane-esq performance. First time I have looked at him and been reminded of the great man, long may it continue.

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭bmcc10

Valencia out for Palace now too shame he's been really consistent one best rb's in the world now

I'd say Fellaini is feeling alright. Especially once his manager not only made a point of mentioning him off-topic in the post-match interview, but dedicated the victory to him... (skip to 3m50s, Boards doesn't seem to cater for timestamps in YT links)

"...that's why I want to make it clear, he is an important player for me."

Fair play to Jose. It's a sad state of affairs which lead to him having to do that in the first place, but at least he has made it clear to the fans -

"Maybe you thought that I thought he was a donkey too and would boo him myself if I could, or that he was on his way to Sunderland in January and you could therefore do what you like. However, with all due respect to your right to express yourselves, and gracious thanks for your support during that limbo of draws, I want to make it clear that he is important to me and therefore to the team. You are actually digging away at the confidence of a player whose confidence I am trying to build so that he can be useful once again to the team you support. I am giving him minutes in games immediately rather than dropping him in order to try to put distance between he and one of the lowest points of his career as soon as possible. By booing him you are dragging back the memories of a week ago, and during a time in a match when I need him and the team at their most focused. By booing him, you are shítting on the work I am trying to do here, work which you want me to accomplish. At the same time you cheer "Glory Glory Man United"?? I need players like Obi Mikel, Granero and Fellaini in my squads, not just Drogba, Ronaldo and Zlatan. Grow up, please"

Right, that wasn't Mourinho's statement exactly word for word, but the subtext is all there in video to be easily interpreted. ;)

Mourinho is letting the fans know that despite a costly mistake Fellaini is still one of his players and an "important" one at that, in case giving him minutes in both games since Goodison didn't make that obvious enough. Jose could have told Fellaini that in the dressing room off-camera, but in saying it publicly maybe he hopes that he can reach out and make some fans think twice next time before they open their mouths. It was just about the best way he could ask them not to sink to those lows in future.

Admirably done by Jose, said with respect for all parties concerned, but utterly shameful for us as a fan-base that it had to be done in the first place.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

We are in a strange position now, all it takes is 3 or 4 games to make or break our season. Do really well and we could be within touching distance of City and Liverpool, drop more points and we won't get top 4.

City have Arsenal and Liverpool in their next 4, Liverpool have Everton, City and us in their next 6. Top 4 is within the realm of possibility again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,519 ✭✭✭Flint Fredstone

We are in a strange position now, all it takes is 3 or 4 games to make or break our season. Do really well and we could be within touching distance of City and Liverpool, drop more points and we won't get top 4.

City have Arsenal and Liverpool in their next 4, Liverpool have Everton, City and us in their next 6. Top 4 is within the realm of possibility again.

It would probably be better for us if Liverpool had Southampton, Burnley and Palace coming up. They seem to be coming out on top in the bigger games and dropping silly points elsewhere.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

Our next two are palace and WBA.. that's games we needed start crushing and taking six points in.
    A run of victories will push us up the table,look at Chelsea laughed at early doors and now 9 wins in a row. 10-12 games in eaten with 9/10 wins and we'd be pushing for top spot

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

brinty wrote: »
    Our next two are palace and WBA.. that's games we needed start crushing and taking six points in.
    A run of victories will push us up the table,look at Chelsea laughed at early doors and now 9 wins in a row. 10-12 games in eaten with 9/10 wins and we'd be pushing for top spot

I think top spot is too far a reach pal 3rd is only a possibility if we put one of them runs together.

In all likelihood we hope to catch two of pool,spurs and city which is fairly possible but then one of them if not two could go on a run again at the same time to catch the top of table which would keep them out of our grasp but then arsenal usually fall apart so they might come back to us.

I just can't see Chelsea falling apart enough to allow us catch them but someone like spurs, city or pool could and out of them 3 I think spurs have the best chance of catching them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭Irishcrx

Good performance yesturday and a much needed 3 points , if we can take 6 from the next two we'll be flying...
    I don't believe in booing players as a Utd fan , I hate seeing it happen. Fellaini made a mistake like all players do and even at that I think Bolasie made an absolute meal of it... He may not be the most talented midfielder we've ever had but I've never doubted the commitment he brings to the team and attitude he shows when he plays , he is proud to play for Utd. He has a role in our team and in a Mourinho team , he isn't the best passer , or creative player , or finisher but he can break up play and win balls in both boxes in the air and at times in games/seasons that can be important.
    There is a time and a place for booing in football , ie a team losing 5-0 at home and showing no heart , a manager on a 15 game run without a win....but a Utd player giving away a soft penalty and being booed the next week at home when we are trying to hold onto a much much needed 3 points?
    Well , it's the commitment and heart of the fans I'd be questioning there, disgraceful.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭Crimson King

This is why the lack of goals after dominating teams is killing us. Even two of those four draws in OT would mean 4 more points and 5th place, only 2 points behind City. Frustrating tbh.

However I can see real progress and to think this is after 15 games and one transfer window. The amount of games we won last season where we were played off the pitch was frightening. We were extremely lucky, whereas this season have no real luck so far. The difference between the 1 point and 3 points.

Saying all that, when Pogba smashed the post yesterday I fully expected Spurs to snatch a point too :P

• Registered Users Posts: 6,586 ✭✭✭jaykay74

If you disagree with subbing on Fellaini you should be really booing Mourinho for bringing him on I guess unless you are booing Fellainis for his very existence :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

I'll never understand the hate for Fellaini

I understand it. I disagree, but I understand it.

Fellaini is the personification of Moyes' reign. Through no fault of his own, he was the flagship player for when things took a bad turn for us. Only he and Mata were signed that season, and it seems well known that Mata was a Woodward buy, not a Moyes one. So I feel that for many, even subconsciously, Fellaini gets painted with the same brush of Moyes, and stands for the backwards step we took.

I think LVG's players probably avoid that to an extent, since he brought in so many of them.

But for me, its nonsense. Fellaini was a player I desperately wanted when Fergie was still there, and is exactly the level of player Fergie went after constantly; someone who had been doing extremely well at a midtable team, who Fergie would have bought (for less than Moyes did, admittedly) and powered on his career. Unfortunately for Fellaini, not only did he join under Moyes, he went on to have a second manager who made everyone look a step or two below their ability.

Fellaini is a grand squad player, and the facts are we need them. You're not going to get players who are world class and willing to sit on the bench. Fel won't be starting any big, or even medium, games soon. But he's a good squad rotation option to have against weaker teams.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

jaykay74 wrote: »
    If you disagree with subbing on Fellaini you should be really booing Mourinho for bringing him on I guess unless you are booing Fellainis for his very existence :)

Even Giggs got booed before. Some fans are numptys.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,767 ✭✭✭✭Leroy42

But Bangkok, can you not see that it is people like yourself, constantly on someones case, that leads to the outcome yesterday. Enough people read enough cr&p talk on the forums, think they are 'in-the-know' and part of the majority and think they can take the persona they use on the forum out to the real world.

Yes, you can decry it and say its shameful, but you are trying to distance yourself for any blame (I'm not blaming you btw, its the mindset).

People forget that stuff written down also hurts. Does he read this site, probably not, but is the discussion on this site markedly different from others, I doubt it (maybe in tome etc, but not in the overall).

Whilst people obviously say and act different on anonymous forums than in the 'real-world', but spend enough time on the forums and you start to believe that this is normal. In that context, booing him is hardly news.

qxGkHnf.jpg

Rojo out doing the Xmas shopping this morning

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Europa League draw today.

Cannot play anyone from England or from the same Europa League group, and we're unseeded, so out potential opponents are as follows.

Ajax (NED), APOEL (CYP), Beşiktaş (TUR)*, Fiorentina (ITA), Genk (BEL), København (DEN)*, Lyon (FRA)*, Osmanlıspor (TUR), Roma (ITA), Schalke (GER), Shakhtar Donetsk (UKR), Sparta Praha (CZE), St-Étienne (FRA), Zenit (RUS)

(**Transferring from the UEFA Champions League)

A real mix there. But no one we shouldn't be well able to beat.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,378 ✭✭✭Brendan Flowers

brinty wrote: »
    You've more reason than most to dislike him

What does this even mean? Did Fellaini knock this guy out with an elbow on the street or something???

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,006 ✭✭✭beno619

Lord TSC wrote: »
    I understand it. I disagree, but I understand it.

Fellaini is the personification of Moyes' reign.

Fellaini is a grand squad player, and the facts are we need them. You're not going to get players who are world class and willing to sit on the bench. Fel won't be starting any big, or even medium, games soon. But he's a good squad rotation option to have against weaker teams.

Its a pathetic excuse tbh. I dont understand it and its embarrassing to 99.8% of the fanbase.

I think Fellaini will start big and medium games when required.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

I personally think the job Fellaini does can be done by others who have better skills on the ball and aren't so clumsy defensively. It was telling that Mourinho brought Bailly in midfield yesterday instead of him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,843 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Is Schneiderlin injured?

Nalz wrote: »
    Is Schneiderlin injured?

No, just left out of the squad I think

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

What does this even mean? Did Fellaini knock this guy out with an elbow on the street or something???

No, he claims Fellaini slept with his missus.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

You'd imagine Depay, Schneiderlin and Young will be on their way out of United, possibly one or two in January. I don't think Jose will sell Fellaini though, good squad player to have. For whatever reason though he just doesn't seem to fancy Schneiderlin at all.

No, he claims Fellaini slept with his missus.

Haha no I didnt

Jose loves to banton down the hatches when ahead in games near the end and Fellaini while offensively not the best at heading the ball is a beast in his own box when he just has to clear it. He will come on against teams that like to play it in long or cross alot.

It was the plan via everton who were playing direct but we got caught with a through ball and he made a mistake, he has come on in 2 games since he stays unless he pushes for a move IMO

It means Fellaini shagged some girl who friendzoned bangkok

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

Johner wrote: »
    You'd imagine Depay, Schneiderlin and Young will be on their way out of United, possibly one or two in January. I don't think Jose will sell Fellaini though, good squad player to have. For whatever reason though he just doesn't seem to fancy Schneiderlin at all.

Memphis on loan maybe, who the hell knows with Morgan, surely there is a player still in there somewhat resembling the one we bought but he may be moved on cause he certainly isn't going to rediscover it when he isn't even making the bench. Young won't be going anywhere though, happy with his squad role and a multi-functional player. Counts for the HG too which is always handy and highly experienced. Fellaini is a Mourinho player and unless he pushes for a move I don't see him going anywhere.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Fel won't be starting any big, or even medium, games soon. But he's a good squad rotation option to have against weaker teams.

I don't really agree with that, I could easily see Felliani being used in the big games, especially under Mourinho. A combative player who follows instructions and gives us options other players don't, tactically there will be plenty of games where he is a very viable option.

I think what is strange is how some people feel the need to vastly underplay his talent as part of some narrative. He is a perfectly good player but instead they label him as "not fit for the shirt" or "not United standard" as if he was some 16 stone junior B player who signed a contract by mistake. Bebe wasn't United standard, Prunier wasn't United standard, Miller wasn't United standard, there have been players who weren't United standard and Felliani is demonstrably not one of them. If Felliani isn't United standard then neither is Rojo, Young, Valencia, Jones and plenty of others, because if looked at objectively Felliani is as good or better than any of them.

It isn't that long ago that Felliani was a regular in the team and everybody was praising him, and it wouldn't surprise me at all if in the near future he gets another run in the team and does well again, because despite all the Bangkok rubbish the simple fact is that Felliani is a hell of a lot better then people want to give him credit for.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,196 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

What channel is the Europa draw on?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,850 ✭✭✭Julez

What channel is the Europa draw on?

BT Sport 2

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,850 ✭✭✭Julez

United Vs Saint Etienne

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,383 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

That'll do.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement