Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2017

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭enviro

St Etienne, sweet

• Registered Users Posts: 527 ✭✭✭Lukekul

Decent Draw that, no long distance travel.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,196 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Not the worst that's for sure.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

st-etienne.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,150 ✭✭✭✭LuckyGent88

Pretty reasonable draw for us. Avoid the Turkish teams and also Donetsk and Roma.
    They are down in 8th in Ligue 1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

super draw for us

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Delighted with that draw for distance and quality you could of asked for much more.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,250 ✭✭✭limnam

Great draw. Was mostly concerned about Roma.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭Polo_Mint

Not going to assume anything in that draw.

lessons learned

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

Pogbas brother plays for them.
    So Pogba vs Pogba.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,196 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Brodown for Pogba too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭enviro

Highlights of their most recent game, need to click watch on youtube

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

bmcc10 wrote: »
    Valencia out for Palace now too shame he's been really consistent one best rb's in the world now

:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

There's not many that would remember the European Cup Winners cup tie between the 2 in '77 I think it was. I think it was remembered more for the hooliganism than anything else. United had to play the home game in Plymouth due to the trouble they caused in France in the first leg.

Funny to think most of those hooligans would be in their sixties now. Wonder if they're proud or ashamed of how they spent their youth

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,977 ✭✭✭TheDoctor

greendom wrote: »
    There's not many that would remember the European Cup Winners cup tie between the 2 in '77 I think it was. I think it was remembered more for the hooliganism than anything else. United had to play the home game in Plymouth due to the trouble they caused in France in the first leg.

Funny to think most of those hooligans would be in their sixties now. Wonder if they're proud or ashamed of how they spent their youth

Should have a reunion to mark the event.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,519 ✭✭✭Flint Fredstone

st-etienne.jpg

He's on the phone... Cheesy, guilty pleasure of mine :pac:

Polo_Mint wrote: »
    Not going to assume anything in that draw.

lessons learned

Dont think many are assuming but if your to pick a team and location it wouldn't be far off a first pick. Don't mean that it's an easy draw but if we can't beat them we be fuked eitherway

Brodown for Pogba too.

Pogbro?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,477 ✭✭✭Comic Book Guy

Just on the booing thing lads. I was at the game yesterday and the booing he got warming up and eventually coming on was embarrassing and shameful. Not sure if it came across on the TV but once the booing stopped the majority of fans responded by standing and giving him a good clap and cheer.

Just on the game. Miki obviously stands out but Herrera set the tone on multiple occasions with his pressing and Rojo owned Kane all game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,597 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

Said it yesterday, Herrera never stops running, he is like a little feckin energiser bunny

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭bmcc10

adox wrote: »
    :pac:

Who's better these days?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

greendom wrote: »

Actually have the program for that game in attic at home.

Mayhem but by all accounts been 10times worse

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

astradave wrote: »
    Said it yesterday, Herrera never stops running, he is like a little feckin energiser bunny

The 2016 Ji Sung Park

• Registered Users Posts: 2,690 ✭✭✭ElChe32

Hoping that Jones now continues injury free and the lad can get a run of games. He certainly has looked solid since getting back into the team, he's an old school no nonsense defender and looks to be adhering well to Jose' plans. Both himself and Mark Red are creating a nice little partnership which is promising with Bailly off to AFCON in January. Anyway...great 3 points yesterday lets hope the Christmas run gets us nicely into the mix for the new year.

Pogbro?

Think that's a Pokemon

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

Schneiderlin would have been given the same opportunity as Mikki and obviously hasn't taken it

Good to see that miki is walking unaided now mind you if I had a Lambo to scoot around in I'd crawl to it with two broken legs.

20161212_144904.png20mb image hosting

• Registered Users Posts: 2,406 ✭✭✭Korat

Jose has cancelled Christmas now apparently.

Fans and media mouthpieces of other clubs are going to be outraged!

I expect there'll be a stream of stories of a dressing room revolt, morale at an all-time low, Mourinho's lost the plot etc etc etc :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,597 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

bmcc10 wrote: »
    Who's better these days?

Bellerin and azpul.. azpuli... Dave are 2 who are better than him easily and thats just off the top of my head.

I'd probably have Clyne and Walker ahead of hi too actually. Clyne is a very good defender and probably the same going forward

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,824 ✭✭✭ShooterSF

Korat wrote: »
    Jose has cancelled Christmas now apparently.

Fans and media mouthpieces of other clubs are going to be outraged!

I expect there'll be a stream of stories of a dressing room revolt, morale at an all-time low, Mourinho's lost the plot etc etc etc :D

As someone who only gets Xmas day off and has been put under pressure to work a few years on the actual day I think it's a sad state of affairs but it's the leagues fault. Should be no games a few days either side of Xmas so the players can be off.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

ShooterSF wrote: »
    As someone who only gets Xmas day off and has been put under pressure to work a few years on the actual day I think it's a sad state of affairs but it's the leagues fault. Should be no games a few days either side of Xmas so the players can be off.

Just to play devils advocate:

f*ck that!

They:
    1. work a couple of hours per day
    2. have between 1 and 2 months off per year
    3. earn obscene amounts of money that normal people can only dream about
    4. guaranteed full earnings, even if they become unfit to work
    5. have a job that most people would die for
    They can training for 2 hours on Christmas day, and if they don't like it, there's literally billions of people that would trade places.

One of the best things about Christmas is the glorious amount of football every day....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

They have to turn up at 4.30. Probably a tactics briefing and that's it. You'd swear they worked down the mines. I'm sure many other managers will have the players in for a while Christmas day. Because it's José, the likes of the Sun will put a negative spin on it.

zerks wrote: »
    They have to turn up at 4.30. Probably a tactics briefing and that's it. You'd swear they worked down the mines. I'm sure many other managers will have the players in for a while Christmas day. Because it's José, the likes of the Sun will put a negative spin on it.

they are training at old trafford so will be a field session. id say the staff and security of old trafford are more pissed off but im sure they will get over it. good to do a bit of training on xmas day in old trafford, could think of worst places to be

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

bangkok wrote: »
    they are training at old trafford so will be a field session. id say the staff and security of old trafford are more pissed off but im sure they will get over it. good to do a bit of training on xmas day in old trafford, could think of worst places to be

Rooney isn't happy,he's getting colouring books for Christmas and has only just learned to stay within the lines. He'll have to rush now and mess his pictures up.

It's a tactic by jose to get rid off fellaini get him rightly pissed off over Xmas been cancelled that he will hand in a transfer request.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,949 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

One of the only positive spiels about LVG last year was that he gave them Christmas Day off as he believed time with family was extremely important.

Mars Bar wrote: »
    One of the only positive spiels about LVG last year was that he gave them Christmas Day off as he believed time with family was extremely important.

Him and his family spent the whole day passing presents around but no one had courage to open one.

jayo26 wrote: »
    Him and his family spent the whole day passing presents around but no one had courage to open one.

In the end the gifts were passed back to the shop.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,812 ✭✭✭thelad95

Mars Bar wrote: »

Funny how our worst performance of the season by a long long way was on the 26th of December against Stoke last year.

• Advertisement

Leroy42 wrote: »
    But Bangkok, can you not see that it is people like yourself, constantly on someones case, that leads to the outcome yesterday. Enough people read enough cr&p talk on the forums, think they are 'in-the-know' and part of the majority and think they can take the persona they use on the forum out to the real world.

Yes, you can decry it and say its shameful, but you are trying to distance yourself for any blame (I'm not blaming you btw, its the mindset).

People forget that stuff written down also hurts. Does he read this site, probably not, but is the discussion on this site markedly different from others, I doubt it (maybe in tome etc, but not in the overall).

Whilst people obviously say and act different on anonymous forums than in the 'real-world', but spend enough time on the forums and you start to believe that this is normal. In that context, booing him is hardly news.

just seen this now :)

yep its my fault half of old trafford booed fellaini warming up yesterday. sorry lads

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,949 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

thelad95 wrote: »
    Funny how our worst performance of the season by a long long way was on the 26th of December against Stoke last year.

Wasn't that the game Rooney was dropped for?

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭SnitchingBubs

Does anyone know when the February matches will be given their times for TV coverage. Group of us planning to go to the Watford game but we would need to know the kick off time and date for flights etc.

Does anyone know when the February matches will be given their times for TV coverage. Group of us planning to go to the Watford game but we would need to know the kick off time and date for flights etc.

I think it's first week in January

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,767 ✭✭✭✭Leroy42

just seen this now :)

yep its my fault half of old trafford booed fellaini warming up yesterday. sorry lads

I said people like yourself, I never said it was your fault.

But its ok, if you can easily sidestep your own (albeit small) part in this then fine with me.

So I take it that you make a clear distinction between the like of you, who post anonymously on 'net with continued negative comments and those in OT yesterday that boo. What is the difference?

I assume based on your posting that you fully support their opinion.
    I assume based on your posting that you agree that the opinion should be freely given.

Is it then just because it being done in public strikes a chord with you? Is it the fact the the TV camera's or the opposition fans or the team itself heard it. or maybe you think that Fellaini shouldn't hear it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

You do have to wonder if there is any functional difference between booing in a stand and hurling abuse in any other forum?

There is a certain amount of hypocrisy in piously claiming that you would never boo a player when in fact you had spent the past 3 years excoriating them at every other opportunity. At least have the balls to do it in public.

• Advertisement

I said people like yourself, I never said it was your fault.

But its ok, if you can easily sidestep your own (albeit small) part in this then fine with me.

So I take it that you make a clear distinction between the like of you, who post anonymously on 'net with continued negative comments and those in OT yesterday that boo. What is the difference?

I assume based on your posting that you agree that the opinion should be freely given.

Is it then just because it being done in public strikes a chord with you? Is it the fact the the TV camera's or the opposition fans or the team itself heard it. or maybe you think that Fellaini shouldn't hear it?

you said this only a few months ago...

"I thought the booing at the start of LVG speech last night was poor showing, classless by the fans.

Whatever you think of him and his tactics/results, the man is currently the manager of the club and deserves a bit more respect. Absolutely call him to go etc on forums and banners but the man stood up to speak after the season and was met with a chorus of boos."

is that not exactly what im doing??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,767 ✭✭✭✭Leroy42

you said this only a few months ago...

"I thought the booing at the start of LVG speech last night was poor showing, classless by the fans.

Whatever you think of him and his tactics/results, the man is currently the manager of the club and deserves a bit more respect. Absolutely call him to go etc on forums and banners but the man stood up to speak after the season and was met with a chorus of boos."

is that not exactly what im doing??

That was in the context of giving anyone the respect of listening to what they have to say. I never said whether booing them afterwards was ok, just making the point that booing before he even spoke was classless.

So nice try but how about you deal with the questions I asked rather than try to shift the conversation onto me.

That was in the context of giving anyone the respect of listening to what they have to say. I never said whether booing them afterwards was ok, just making the point that booing before he even spoke was classless.

So nice try but how about you deal with the questions I asked rather than try to shift the conversation onto me.

i said yesterday those who booed were wrong, should never have happened.

In bits laughing.

Edit: deleted link as it's probably NSFW but evra been at it again over on instagram

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

Klopp cracking up a big. Rafaesque responding to criticism and getting involved in a mud slinging row with the nevilles. I suppose it will win him favor with some of the more fervent supporters they have.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement