Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2017

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,006 ✭✭✭beno619

Jayop wrote: »
    Klopp cracking up a big. Rafaesque responding to criticism and getting involved in a mud slinging row with the nevilles. I suppose it will win him favor with some of the more fervent supporters they have.

That's also how I'm interpreting it.

A small chink in the armour.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,519 ✭✭✭Flint Fredstone

Klopp cracking up a big. Rafaesque responding to criticism and getting involved in a mud slinging row with the nevilles. I suppose it will win him favor with some of the more fervent supporters they have.

I really don't get the "you failed as a manager so you can't have an opinion" attitude.
    It seems to only happen with Neville.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

phil neville is a clown and gary neville is going way ott in regard to the keeper in the same way he did de gea

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,597 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

Didn't he get Mainz relegated?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,767 ✭✭✭✭Leroy42

bangkok wrote: »
    i said yesterday those who booed were wrong, should never have happened.

Yeah I know, hence my post dealing with that assertion.

You spent the last few years condemning Fellaini at every opportunity and then when others do it in public you condemn them.

So again, are you going to actually answer the questions?

So I take it that you make a clear distinction between the like of you, who post anonymously on 'net with continued negative comments and those in OT yesterday that boo. What is the difference?

I assume based on your posting that you fully support their opinion.
    I assume based on your posting that you agree that the opinion should be freely given.

Is it then just because it being done in public strikes a chord with you? Is it the fact the the TV camera's or the opposition fans or the team itself heard it. or maybe you think that Fellaini shouldn't hear it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

I really don't get the "you failed as a manager so you can't have an opinion" attitude.
    It seems to only happen with Neville.

Who would actually give a flying fuk what they think and I mean that in both ways.

If karius was handled properly he wouldn't be in a position with low confidence that is bothered about nevile and nevile has won and achieved more in the game then 99 percent of people he won't care much about him or any media.

Leroy42 wrote: »
    Yeah I know, hence my post dealing with that assertion.

You spent the last few years condemning Fellaini at every opportunity and then when others do it in public you condemn them.

So again, are you going to actually answer the questions?

So I take it that you make a clear distinction between the like of you, who post anonymously on 'net with continued negative comments and those in OT yesterday that boo. What is the difference?

I assume based on your posting that you fully support their opinion.
    I assume based on your posting that you agree that the opinion should be freely given.

Is it then just because it being done in public strikes a chord with you? Is it the fact the the TV camera's or the opposition fans or the team itself heard it. or maybe you think that Fellaini shouldn't hear it?

they have paid to go to the game, they can boo if they like, its their own choice

phil neville is a clown and gary neville is going way ott in regard to the keeper in the same way he did de gea

Bull****.. the critisism of Karius is warranted. When DeGea was flapping at crosses he was still showing glimpses of talent. Karius hasn't shown anything and that will make his defence more nervous than they should be. He was at fault for the first goal. His positioning was awful and if he hadn't of let in the first one he would have saved the second I reckon.

Haha coming from you off all people this is class I love it ;)

astradave wrote: »
    Bull****.. the critisism of Karius is warranted. When DeGea was flapping at crosses he was still showing glimpses of talent. Karius hasn't shown anything and that will make his defence more nervous than they should be. He was at fault for the first goal. His positioning was awful and if he hadn't of let in the first one he would have saved the second I reckon.

but yet neither of the nevilles had anything bad to say about rooney or any of the english players when they were going through bad periods.

• Advertisement

jayo26 wrote: »
    Haha coming from you off all people this is class I love it ;)

He paid for his Internet, he's allowed criticise the Neville's :D

but yet neither of the nevilles had anything bad to say about rooney or any of the english players when they were going through bad periods.

So that makes their critisism of Karius unjust?

I disagree I blame the defence for a lot of the slack he is getting. Yeah he wasn't set up great for the free but matip I think it was is the golden boy of the defence and he got off Scot free but his positioning and awareness from the Henderson deflection was a disgrace.

I disagree I blame the defence for a lot of the slack he is getting. Yeah he wasn't set up great for the free but matip I think it was is the golden boy of the defence and he got off Scot free but his positioning and awareness from the Henderson deflection was a disgrace.

I've no problem with the second goal but I think he would have saved it in the same situation if he had of saved the free as his confidence would have been up. He's been very poor in every game I've seen. I watch them all as the missus is a pool fan.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

Stupid from klopp or any other manager getting involved in this stuff. Jose has done this with redknapp last season.

But Neville has gone ott on the goalkeeper yes he's not been great. He did very similar criticism of de gea when he had his troubles but conviently didn't criticise Hart when he did his many mistakes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,226 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

I think Klopp is a knob but he's spot on about Neville.

J. Marston wrote: »
    I think Klopp is a knob but he's spot on about Neville.

klopp a knob really?? i think he is probably the most likable manager in the league to be honest

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭Whatsisname

The fact that Carragher also criticised Karius seems to be overlooked completely

I've no problem with the second goal but I think he would have saved it in the same situation if he had of saved the free as his confidence would have been up. He's been very poor in every game I've seen. I watch them all as the missus is a pool fan.

That's last sentence drained me Ill leave it at that haha.

• Advertisement

That's last sentence drained me Ill leave it at that haha.

How the **** dya think I feel :pac:

How the **** dya think I feel :pac:

Not great id say haha. I actually couldn't imagine it ha I'd be sickened.

The fact that Carragher also criticised Karius seems to be overlooked completely

It wasn't he actually accepted caras critique but wouldn't accept nevile because he showed himself to be a poor judge of a player while he was a manager haha.

I love it Jurgen is turning to the dark side already long may it last.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,226 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

klopp a knob really?? i think he is probably the most likable manager in the league to be honest

Sure, when he was with Dortmund.

But when he's constantly winning with your rivals, you find reasons to dislike him.

Cr7 wins his 4th ballon dor

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

It wasn't he actually accepted caras critique but wouldn't accept nevile because he showed himself to be a poor judge of a player while he was a manager haha.

I love it Jurgen is turning to the dark side already long may it last.

And this is the reality. United and Liverpool fans have a habit of building people up way too much and expecting non-human reactions from them. Then they feel quite let down when the person in question doesn't reach the arbitrary standards set for them. Whenever a manager who wins a lot comes under pressure or has a couple of bad results they invariably react to it, bite back in the press, get annoyed on the sidelines or do an angry press conference.

Anybody making out like Klopp is above all of that just isn't living in reality. I really like him as a manager, but he'll have his darker moments every so often, like they all do.

• Advertisement

Lots of people will be annoyed by this, but they shouldn't be.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

they have paid to go to the game, they can boo if they like, its their own choice

Of course they can, and we can choose to call them d1cks for doing it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Ohhh the hurt that's going bring some

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

I wondered about this myself, Carragher was far more scathing about the keeper than Neville was.

It just makes Klopp look stupid, getting in a spat with one pundit while ignoring the other, even if his points were valid they don't have any credibility in that scenario.

I wondered about this myself, Carragher was far more scathing about the keeper than Neville was.

It just makes Klopp look stupid, getting in a spat with one pundit while ignoring the other, even if his points were valid they don't have any credibility in that scenario.

And Neville was harsher again on DDG when he was starting out, so it's not some anti Liverpool thing. Your keeper is playing **** and even your fans, who haven't managed anybody beyond the Dog and Duck XI, are saying the same thingsize an Neville.

• Advertisement

Yep, even though Carragher chose more 'direct' words...

https://twitter.com/SquawkaNews/status/808019129689112581?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

"Every keeper that comes in now, if they make a mistake, everyone says ‘what about De Gea?’ He was 20, Karius is 24."

Also there was this from Jamie..."my advice would be: 'Shut up and just do your job.' "

Yet, Gary Neville is the one who is out of line. One minute he's a good, objective pundit "despite the fact that he played for the scum", now he should shut his mouth because he knows nothing apparently.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

Why is it that everyone who goes to that club as a normal balanced person seems to drink the Kool Aid within a few months. It's mental.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,652 ✭✭✭✭Sand

The Neville's are entitled to an opinion. Klopp was fairly free with his own opinions on if he would buy a hundred million pound player until Mourinho responded Klopp would never be in a position that he would need to worry about it.

Its a silly mistake for Klopp to get involved in it with media pundits, who are the only ones who can win from having a 'feud' with a manager. The Nevilles will be loving this exposure. Its not even as if Klopp could be credited with running interference by taking the attention off his player - if anything its keeping the story about his players poor form going and going.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Could you imagine the media ****storm there'd be if Jose was having a public feud with, say, Carragher?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Could you imagine the media ****storm there'd be if Jose was having a public feud with, say, Carragher?

It would be a lot more entertaining spat that's for sure.

But he had one with redknapp and it got the same amount of media this is getting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,519 ✭✭✭Flint Fredstone

Who would actually give a flying fuk what they think and I mean that in both ways.

If karius was handled properly he wouldn't be in a position with low confidence that is bothered about nevile and nevile has won and achieved more in the game then 99 percent of people he won't care much about him or any media.

I don't really care what they think. I'm just saying that there's a clatter of managers and players with crappy CVs on the telly every weekend, players that haven't even managed at all but it's only Neville that gets that levelled at him.

Apart from anything else, the Valencia job was a hiding to nothing. The club is a mess and an experienced manager like Prandelli has them in real danger of relegation.
    Neville may still be a good manager one day.

I don't really care what they think. I'm just saying that there's a clatter of managers and players with crappy CVs on the telly every weekend, players that haven't even managed at all but it's only Neville that gets that levelled at him.

Apart from anything else, the Valencia job was a hiding to nothing. The club is a mess and an experienced manager like Prandelli has them in real danger of relegation.
    Neville may still be a good manager one day.

I wasn't making a dig at you for caring I ment why should nevile or karius care what each other said I think karius has been handled wrong and he needed to be taken out of the spotlight by his manager but instead he is thrown back in it.

Looking back at the game yesterday, I would like to think that Darmian isn't quite as bad as he was shown to be. Could see him back at RB Wednesday night now that Tony V is suspended.

Going on his performance yesterday, I wouldn't want to see him at LB again anytime soon against a team with a pacy wide-man. Zaha could turn him inside out. Since Zaha isn't limited to one side, the same could happen no matter what side of the backline Darmian is assigned to.

While there are a few options to play instead of Darmian at LB, the squad isn't as equipped with those who can play RB at the moment. I do think Darmian is stronger on the right, but he still looks nervy while on the back-foot and his attacking game is seriously lacking.

I like neviles response it's nothing personal but is funny

20161212_210325.pngfree upload

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,621 ✭✭✭caviardreams

stankratz wrote: »
    Looking back at the game yesterday, I would like to think that Darmian isn't quite as bad as he was shown to be. Could see him back at RB Wednesday night now that Tony V is suspended.

Going on his performance yesterday, I wouldn't want to see him at LB again anytime soon against a team with a pacy wide-man. Zaha could turn him inside out. Since Zaha isn't limited to one side, the same could happen no matter what side of the backline Darmian is assigned to.

While there are a few options to play instead of Darmian at LB, the squad isn't as equipped with those who can play RB at the moment. I do think Darmian is stronger on the right, but he still looks nervy while on the back-foot and his attacking game is seriously lacking.

Wonder if Blind will play at LB or move Rojo out there and Bailly and Phil Jones at CB?

Actually could see Young at LB

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

Pretty classless of Klopp to be honest, the dig at Neville's first stint in management was really unnecessary. He got sacked when the were 14th and they're 17th now.

His criticism of Karius was completely fair, how could you analyse those matches without pointing out those glaring errors? What's funny is Carragher went to town on Karius and it was Neville they went after.

Wonder if Blind will play at LB or move Rojo out there and Bailly and Phil Jones at CB?

I could see Young getting a start in this game indeed. Or could see Bailly brought back in at CB and Jones out right, Blind or Shaw on the left.

Young will prob just come in at rb and leave darmian where he is.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,489 ✭✭✭Ordinary man

Pretty classless of Klopp to be honest, the dig at Neville's first stint in management was really unnecessary. He got sacked when the were 14th and they're 17th now.

His criticism of Karius was completely fair, how could you analyse those matches without pointing out those glaring errors? What's funny is Carragher went to town on Karius and it was Neville they went after.

He's only deflecting attention away from the dud goalie he bought, bringing neville into it just gets more backing from the liverpool fans

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,017 ✭✭✭sReq | uTeK

stankratz wrote: »
    I could see Young getting a start in this game indeed. Or could see Bailly brought back in at CB and Jones out right, Blind or Shaw on the left.

I don't think we should brake up Jones and Rojo until there is a loss.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,075 ✭✭✭IamtheWalrus

Anyone know how get get past The Times paywall?

Went to see Ron Atkinson in Sligo tonight for his book signing and Q&A. Really enjoyed it and well done the Sligo branch of the supporters club for setting everything up tonight. Ron told some great stories from his career and also about a potential interest he had in bringing Bestie back to Utd, of course George never showed up for a planned meeting and that was the end of that!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭Potential Underachiever

Lord TSC wrote: »

Bingo, no offence but jaysus yous are seriously trotting out the 'what if Jose' line a hell of a lot lately, normally it's about Pep in fairness but still it's like the United mantra now 'but what if Jose did it' 'but what if Jose did it' 'but what if Jose did it'

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,217 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

Oh the irony of a Pool fan bitching about the use of what if's :D

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭Potential Underachiever

Oh the irony of a Pool fan bitching about the use of what if's :D

Just calling it as I see it broseph, if I was to put a number on it then I've seen approx 25 posts in the last week or two saying but what if Jose did/said it.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement