Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2017

Comments

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Of course he says no one is for sale. Basic negotiations is we shouldn't be making it obvious we want rid of players.

Given neither Memphis or Morgan can make the bench, I think they will be gone asap, regardless of what Jose says publically.

Fair point, but the way the media spun is funny

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

I wont miss Morgan if hes sold. Hopefully bring in someone better.
    A huge disappointment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

You can't miss what was never on the field.

Morgan is counted as home grown we should be recouping our money at least given the infllation in the market

Rod Munch wrote: »
    I'd hate to see Memphis or Morgan sold.

Memphis I believe would benefit from a loan to a PL team.

I'd love to see him going to somewhere like Everton.

A likely loan too given Bolaises injury

You can't miss what was never on the field.

I wouldn't say never but yes I get the point you are making

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,843 ✭✭✭GSPfan

Wonder if Eric Dier would welcome a move. I think he would be super as a Carrick replacement.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Match thread for tonight. http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=101965954#post101965954

I won't get to see it or partake in the discussion here,the most important thing is the 3 points.

zerks wrote: »
    Match thread for tonight. http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=101965954#post101965954

I won't get to see it or partake in the discussion here,the most important thing is the 3 points.

Twice!!! :pac::pac::pac::pac::pac:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057682062

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,597 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

GSPfan wrote: »
    Wonder if Eric Dier would welcome a move. I think he would be super as a Carrick replacement.

Dont think he is good enough, if we were going for one of the Spurs trio of CM's it would be Dembele every day of the week.

• Advertisement

M!Ck^ wrote: »

They'll be merged,double the fun.:P

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭fuzzydunlop85

Valencia will be a big loss tonight, zaha been in great form recently and we have extra motivation against us. Hope he goes Bailley at RB. Would love to see Shaw(is he injured?) or Blind get a game as Darmian offers nothing going forward, ain't helping Martial at all (although he has his own issues). Think they will definitely score but are horrible at the back, gonna go 3-1 united.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

Valencia will be a big loss tonight, zaha been in great form recently and we have extra motivation against us. Hope he goes Bailley at RB. Would love to see Shaw(is he injured?) or Blind get a game as Darmian offers nothing going forward, ain't helping Martial at all (although he has his own issues). Think they will definitely score but are horrible at the back, gonna go 3-1 united.

Would expect to see Darmian at RB, Rojo or Young at LB, and then Bailly / Jones / Rojo in the middle, depending on the LB/RB situation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

GSPfan wrote: »

he is not even making the spurs team at the moment. not a patch on carrick

bangkok wrote: »
    he is not even making the spurs team at the moment. not a patch on carrick

Eric Dier is only 22
    A bit much to compare him to an experienced Carrick
    Doesn't mean he can't develop, lots of clubs looking at him

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭fuzzydunlop85

MagicIRL wrote: »
    Would expect to see Darmian at RB, Rojo or Young at LB, and then Bailly / Jones / Rojo in the middle, depending on the LB/RB situation.

Would be Very worried if Darmian is up against Zaha, Bailley would be much better option there and keep the CB's the same, for this game.

Jose says no sale,then we get this.

https://twitter.com/TelegraphDucker/status/809038126236782593
    #EFC edging closer to signing Schneiderlin on a permanent. #MUFC hoping to agree package that sees them recoup £24m

Must have asked to leave so :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

zerks wrote: »

They can have him...

...howiye Lukaku/Coleman. :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

That's a great bit of buisness for a player who hasn't played well consistently in over a year and a half

That's a great bit of buisness for a player who hasn't played well consistently in over a year and a half

It would make a change from us giving players away when you see fellas with half their talent going for £30 million plus.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Had high hopes when Schneiderlin signed but for some reason it hasnt worked out for him,would have like to have seen him play the box to box role that he had at Southampton,but that is Anders job so he isnt going to get a look in there.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Bangkok will no doubt be DELIGHTED if Memphis goes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,006 ✭✭✭beno619

Has anyone been watching Zaha consistently or are the fears based on him having one good game last weekend & Darmian being poor against Sissoko for 20 minutes ?

• Advertisement

Had high hopes when Schneiderlin signed but for some reason it hasnt worked out for him,would have like to have seen him play the box to box role that he had at Southampton,but that is Anders job so he isnt going to get a look in there.

I think LVG ruined him,after a great start he regressed completely and never got a chance.LVG and his pass it short,pass it safe tactics never suited Schneiderlin. Look at how many had reservations about Herrera last season and now he looks twice the player. That renaissance and Pogba joining meant Morgan fell further down the pecking order.

adox wrote: »
    I wont miss Morgan if hes sold. Hopefully bring in someone better.
    A huge disappointment.

I don't think he was given a proper chance to get his United career underway. Adox I know you haven't been a fan of him, and I'm not saying that "if" he got that chance that he would definitely grab it and make himself a vital player for United. Just that he hasn't gotten a proper chance since coming to United. A massive disappointment, but I'm not laying all of that blame at the player's door.

That said though, there must be valid reasons why he can't make his way into the team with a manager who seems quite open to giving chances to those who deserve them. For whatever reason(s) it doesn't like it's going to happen for him at United and I hope that if there's a chance for him to resume his career at another decent-good club that he will take it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

stankratz wrote: »
    I don't think he was given a proper chance to get his United career underway. Adox I know you haven't been a fan of him, and I'm not saying that "if" he got that chance that he would definitely grab it and make himself a vital player for United. Just that he hasn't gotten a proper chance since coming to United. A massive disappointment, but I'm not laying all of that blame at the player's door.

That said though, there must be valid reasons why he can't make his way into the team with a manager who seems quite open to giving chances to those who deserve them. For whatever reason(s) it doesn't like it's going to happen for him at United and I hope that if there's a chance for him to resume his career at another decent-good club that he will take it.

I don't think Jose wants to sabotage himself and not play useful players, Schneiderlin obviously hasn't been training well, otherwise he would have been given a shot.

The fact he's been frozen out completely would point to an attitude problem too, Jose said Bastian got back in by showing some fight.

Memphis payed 1 maybe 2 good games against brugge to the best of my recolection

I don't think Jose wants to sabotage himself and not play useful players, Schneiderlin obviously hasn't been training well, otherwise he would have been given a shot.

The fact he's been frozen out completely would point to an attitude problem too, Jose said Bastian got back in by showing some fight.

The evidence so far does point to Jose being open to giving any of his squad a chance once they prove worthy, which is why I'm not saying that Morgan has been treated unfairly by him. He could be training fine though, it's not like competition for places in that part of the team has been light.

Has Morgan been "frozen out completely"? I would use that term for Schweinsteiger at the start of the season - his locker taken off him, sent to the reserves, told he had no future in the first team, highly encouraged to move on. 100% of observers expected Schweinsteiger never to play for United again, but he did. He was frozen out. If Morgan has been frozen out, then so have the likes of Young and TFM. They are all players getting used sparingly by Jose, but still making match-day squads and participating fully in first team training.

To be honest, I'd rather see no one sold in January. A loan move for Memphis and that would be it. Jose yesterday acknowledged in the press conference that there could be up to 65 games for United to play this season, and his squad is very important and he would like to hold on to all of these players until Summer. I think we've only seen the tip of the iceberg so far this season in terms of Jose making use of his squad.

Morgan is currently trying to get games in a CM that has a rising Ander Herrera and a solid (and must be played) Pogba, with Jose being a fan of the experienced Carrick for the 3rd spot at the moment. We're only an injury to one or two of those players away from needing our squad players. Herrera and Pogba both play a very physical game, Carrick is 35, those injuries could very well happen.

The fact that Marcus Rojo has come back from the abyss and has impressed regularly with his performances, as well as Schweinstegier even making it back onto the field means that I'm not ruling any of these seldom-seen players out of featuring for Mourinho's United just yet. If late February roles around though and we haven't seen the likes of Morgan and Memphis feature semi-regularly (having remained at the club in January) then I would definitely think that they are not a part of Jose's plans.

Schneiderlin could leave in January, but I think it will take a transfer request from any of these players for departures to happen before Summer. I know Jose wouldn't publicly come out and say "Really, I can't wait for January to roll around so I can flush some of this shíte" but I did believe his words from the latest press conference when he said that all of these players are important and he wants to keep them until Summer. He'll not be telling a player that he is not happy with him and they must leave, only will sell if the player comes to him and if the offer is right.

Here is the press conference where Jose mentioned these few things. He was asked specifically about Morgan and Memphis at 4:06...

Going on his response, I wouldn't be too surprised if Morgan or Memphis requested a move in January. But he did acknowledge that he is very happy with his squad and chances will come, expected or unexpected, for the players who haven't really featured so far.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

I see Gary nev is helping pick the Liverpool team now haha karius is dropped seemingly.

Right time for some blind optimism our 22 league game winning run starts today with A josesque 2-0 win.

1 down 21 to go

Next on the list another/first Josesque 2-0 win... Let the blind optimism roll

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

A Bulgarian article posted over on R/reddevils claims that Berbatov is back at United, in an internship for his coaching qualifications.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

I would keep Morgan. Not got a proper chance at all

beno619 wrote: »
    Has anyone been watching Zaha consistently or are the fears based on him having one good game last weekend & Darmian being poor against Sissoko for 20 minutes ?

I think "the fears" were down to a post I made and I don't think it sparked much discussion. But yes, I had seen more than one Palace game. Zaha is having a strong season so far and is likely to upgrade his club in January. His goals have been low, but he has about 6/7 assists and he has created many chances. He is prone to having a bad game though, was complete shíte for Palace 0 - 1 West Ham in mid-October.

Also, Darmian wasn't just poor for 20 minutes against Sissoko. I'll give any player the benefit of the doubt over one shaky performance, but Darmian's most impressive and promising spell at United so far were his first few months at the club. I just used those 20 minutes as an example of how a pacy player could badly damage us through Darmian, and our next game featured a very pacy, wide player who is currently in form. I also acknowledged that it was mainly Darmian playing at LB rather than RB which worried me most.

All that said now, I hope to see one of those gifs tomorrow of Darmian walking around with Zaha's head peaking out of his pocket, similar to the one of Rojo and Kane after the Spurs match.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,217 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

Gotta say I am loving his approach to Shaw's situation so far.

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    Bangkok will no doubt be DELIGHTED if Memphis goes.

Not really. He never showed enough hunger and desire on the field to ever make it at United and will struggle wherever he goes if he doesn't improve on that

Looks like good business until you see Chelsea getting 52m pounds for Oscar!!!!!

Looks like good business until you see Chelsea getting 52m pounds for Oscar!!!!!

From China. No deals should be compared to the ludicrous ones coming from that region of the world...

From China. No deals should be compared to the ludicrous ones coming from that region of the world...

I agree here Chelsea seem to be after getting some crazy deals from there and quatar it would make you think is it connections with the owner.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,428 ✭✭✭secman

They seem to get brilliant prices for neArly all the players they sell even to premier league rivals.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,948 ✭✭✭0gac3yjefb5sv7

They seem to get brilliant prices for neArly all the players they sell even to premier league rivals.

Always. Whoever is selling our players is woeful.

astradave wrote: »

Darmian too.

Wonder who is going out RB, Bailly or Jones.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,196 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

United 2-1 Pogba, Ibra with Zaha getting one back. Wouldn't mind seeing Mata or Rooney on the score sheet neither.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

No natural width in the starting line up.

Rooney Mata Ibra Carrick and Blind in the same line up makes the team much slower. Too many together with a lack of pace imo.

Let's hope we can get the win.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,026 ✭✭✭duffman13

Rooney out wide maybe? Is Martial injured?

Is that Bailly at RB then?

No wingers either, be interesting to see if being narrow affects us when they have fast wingers.

• Advertisement

No messing about with darlmian straight out dropped.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement