Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2017

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

Lucky with the stoke draw considering they were down to 10 after 25 min

• Registered Users Posts: 6,586 ✭✭✭jaykay74

Interesting headline from the Telegraph :rolleyes:

https://twitter.com/suttonnick/status/809163976944795648

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    Dare we fire up the positivity train?

All aboard!!
    TheTownie wrote: »
    I thought he was giving out about the blatant penalty not awarded but might be wrong.

Thought so too. When he was on the bench he was pointing to his elbow when he was complaining. No problem there.
    I'm all for the fourth officials getting **** wrong but over the course of the night it evend itself out.

Our 1st goal was a touch if handball and offside.

Rojo should have gone for his 1st tackle and the one from behind was certainly a 2nd yellow.

2 we got away with came back to haunt us with the handball and mata goal.

He did let the game flow nicely I thought but the 4 big decisions were all wrong.
    The tackle from behind wasn't even a free. clean tackle, won the ball.
    You and me both had the win in a 7 way acca that came in.

Pool
    Chelsea
    West ham
    United
    Spurs
    City
    Stoke Southampton (draw)

20 quid at 55/1

:)

MERRY XMAS

Congrats dude!!

jaykay74 wrote: »

Pathetic, but let them give something for Mourinhio to build up a them Vs us about. Happy days.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

jaykay74 wrote: »

https://twitter.com/suttonnick/status/809163976944795648
    Jayop wrote: »
    Pathetic, but let them give something for Mourinhio to build up a them Vs us about. Happy days.

Anything to sell paper's headline from The Telegraph.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

Yeah I didn't think that second tackle from Rojo was a free either.

Was the shot from rooney that their keeper pulled of a similar save from going in btw? The angles that I seen after weren't clear but it may have been going wide.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,652 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

• Advertisement

Was the shot from rooney that their keeper pulled of a similar save from going in btw? The angles that I seen after weren't clear but it may have been going wide.

Defo going in.

Excellent save but De Geas was better.

adox wrote: »
    Defo going in.

Excellent save but De Geas was better.

Yeah it was a better save but both were good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,597 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

Was a great save but had more time to react as i don't think it was as powerful. For De Gea to get to a shot that powerful with that swerve was nothing short of phenomenal

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,017 ✭✭✭sReq | uTeK

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Holy ****balls - Congrats man

Yea. Delighted Xmas pressies sorted now for friends and family.

When United scored it was a split screen between the Stoke and United game. United on the tv stoke on the tablet.

<3 Kodi and ultimate mania

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,075 ✭✭✭IamtheWalrus

Were Utd any good?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

Were Utd any good?

Yea played well and faught hard. Pogba motm and zlatan and carrick excellent

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,519 ✭✭✭Flint Fredstone

I would have given MOTM to Zlatan. Thought he was excellent tonight. Best game he's had for us so far.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,652 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Just cant get over how good Ibra is up front on his own. The minute the ball gets to him, kills it and waits for reinforcements

The man is phenomenal at holding up the ball. Drogba was great at it but Ibra beats him hands down.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Just delighted with 3 points. Tough one at weekend but if we can win it sets up nicely for 2 Christmas games

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,217 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

Ref/officials get every single big decision wrong yeah?

Handball (Ibra), offside (Pogba), two footed lunge (Rojo), another handball (Ledley), another offside (Mata)?

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

Ref/officials get every single big decision wrong yeah?

Handball (Ibra), offside (Pogba), two footed lunge (Rojo), another handball (Ledley), another offside (Mata)?

You forgot Cabyes diving

The bitter lemons out in force tomorrow :P

https://twitter.com/SemperFiUnited/status/809180961162153984

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,250 ✭✭✭limnam

I didn't see the rojo tackle but assuming it was two footed, he's going to have to be careful

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

limnam wrote: »
    I didn't see the rojo tackle but assuming it was two footed, he's going to have to be careful

He's a broken leg waiting to happen at the moment and somebody needs to have a word. Overall the wrong decisions evened out tonight but no surprise what gets highlighted. MOTD were even-handed though

limnam wrote: »

He is a liability plain and simple but until he ends up costing us I think Jose will not break the partnership.

Cowards tackle again.

Its actually impressive in a way the amount of decisions the officials got wrong

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

People harp on about Fellaini, but Rojo is as big a disaster waiting to happen as anyone

• Registered Users Posts: 5,930 ✭✭✭KH25

People harp on about Fellaini, but Rojo is as big a disaster waiting to happen as anyone

They're both very similar. Both can do a solid job, but they need to keep the head or they're liable to do something idiotic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭akelly02

KH25 wrote: »
    They're both very similar. Both can do a solid job, but they need to keep the head or they're liable to do something idiotic.

Ive yet to see rojo do a solid job. Pure useless imo. Zlatan and Carrick rolled back the years tonight you wouldn't think they were mid 30s

• Advertisement

Rojo was very solid in a few games this season to be fair to him. Doesn't change that his lunges are idiotic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

It just makes no sense why he'd go in like that, I still can't believe he did it again. Aguero I can understand becuase he was frustrated, but Rojo does it twice for no apparent reason.

A win at the weekend and we go either 3 or 4 points behind 4th. Chelsea, City and Liverpool have beaten West Brom.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,945 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

problem we have now is referee's wil have watched those 2 tackles, and seen that both deserved red, next time he does it he's gone, no question

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,075 ✭✭✭IamtheWalrus

Would Leighton Baines still be at Utd had Moyes got his way?

scudzilla wrote: »
    problem we have now is referee's wil have watched those 2 tackles, and seen that both deserved red, next time he does it he's gone, no question

I would go so far as to suggest that next time he does something not even as bad, something borderline even, he will walk no question.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

akelly02 wrote: »
    Ive yet to see rojo do a solid job. Pure useless imo. Zlatan and Carrick rolled back the years tonight you wouldn't think they were mid 30s

Rojo and Jones have got a good partnership going at the minute. Rojo has played very well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭akelly02

sky88 wrote: »
    Rojo and Jones have got a good partnership going at the minute. Rojo has played very well.

Neither of them on the same planet as smalling and Bailly as centre backs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

I'd beg to differ about Jones. He has shown great calmness and awareness since he came back and this is from someone that's played only a handful of games in two years.

The problem with Jones is his injuries if he overcomes them this year him and Bailey are our best two.

astradave wrote: »

:pac:

He's delighted, hugs for everyone, next thing he'll be blogging on Mondays.

Class...

vXdzBmh.jpg?1

yZNvmkK.jpg?1

Can't overstate my love for Ander Herrera...

https://twitter.com/AnderHerrera/status/809170604104515584

Herrera on Twitter: "Even when we don't have our best day,we are a TEAM, deserved victory" (photo of team celebrating)

Here's the team trying to relax and unwind on the the bus back from Selhurst, but Herrera would rather get a carnival going...

https://streamable.com/l48e

• Advertisement

Jones for the past 5 or 6 games has been near perfect. There's a reason he was cb and Bailly was pushed to rb despite Jones having more experience in the rb role.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

Headshot wrote: »
    Just cant get over how good Ibra is up front on his own. The minute the ball gets to him, kills it and waits for reinforcements

The man is phenomenal at holding up the ball. Drogba was great at it but Ibra beats him hands down.

Ah no.

Now I love Zlats but Drogba was the greatest at it. Even when he didn't have the reinforcements he'd win a free kick or turn and shoot within the space of a phonebox.

Jose trying to shift Jonesy :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

M!Ck^ wrote: »

Seen that the other day, class and he brings out the best of pogba

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Going to be another battle on Saturday against West Brom.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

They seem to be a different animal this season, tough to beat as usual but a threat at the other end. I'd happily take any kind of win there,never mind dishing out a hiding.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,977 ✭✭✭TheDoctor

The 6th v 7th battle! Exciting!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭Irishcrx

Another good performance all round from the team we seem to be slowly hitting the ground now and hopefully can continue on this run of form.
    Rojo....Oh Rojo , I remember the first time I seen him in the World cup and he did a Rabona kick inside his own box needlessly to make a clearance and I thought , dear lord what kind of a defender tries that without reason...then we signed him and I thought oh balls now he's playing for us.
    Poor season last year but have been pleasantly surprised about his form under Mourinho and in the last few games he has been really solid generally , I've no objection to an aggressive CB, in fact I think all great defenders have an aggressive streak in them and should do but those lunging off the ground two footed tackles are downright uncalled for and dangerous , Even as a Utd fan I wanted him to see him red you just cannot do that and he will cost us at some stage this season, ref's eyes will be all over him the next few games.
    There is a good solid defender in there but he needs to cut out the madness from his game...aggression yes, insanity no thanks. Mourinho shouldn't be encouraging it and I'm sure he will actually have a quite word with him despite what he says to the media.
    Jones , Carrick , Pogba , Ibra all excellent....the spine is forming.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement