Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2017

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

sky88 wrote: »
    i just dont see it, feel hes highly overrated because hes irish on here. he wastes more ball attacking then valencia does.

This is untrue Valencia has not had one assist or goal all season he has put in some crosses and made some safe passes as usual but nothing major while Coleman has scored 3 goals from right back.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,755 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Memphis Depay and Morgan Schneiderlin set to join Everton in January

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/manchester-united-transfer-news-memphis-12327646

Schneiderlin got less chances than Depay to prove himself, its a weird one because we are still lacking in MF but Jose just doesn't fancy him by the looks of it. I still think he's a good player that can offer us something, shame.

Depay, never showed enough, big ego too so I'm not too fussed he's going.

Also, we seem to have an agreement with Everton for first dibs or something these days.

edit: accidentally clicked on that smiley, I'm not happy about this news I swear

So we are selling Memphis it seems and freeing up the number 7 shirt for Griezmann.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

Of anyone can't see the reason why evrrtons defenders looked crap under Martinez then they can't be helped.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

Jayop wrote: »
    Of anyone can't see the reason why evrrtons defenders looked crap under Martinez then they can't be helped.

You can know that Everton looked crap under Martinez and think Coleman is overrated at the same time, they aren't mutually exclusive.

He's a grand player and if we had him I'd play him ahead of Valencia, but he isn't somebody we should spend much time chasing either, solid 28 year old full backs aren't exactly a priority.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

i just dont see it, feel hes highly overrated because hes irish on here. he wastes more ball attacking then valencia does.

We overrated our younger players, same is not really norm for our established players

• Advertisement

Agree with buckey while I think Coleman would be an upgrade he ain't worth a chase there are plenty of adequate right backs out there.

Saying that I also thought darmian looked a lot more settled against palace in his proper position I'd like to see him getting a decent run there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,559 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

Let Everton have Depay and MS.Lukaku can go in the opposite direction in the summer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

yabadabado wrote: »
    Let Everton have Depay and MS.Lukaku can go in the opposite direction in the summer.

with lukaku i dont think the talent is a problem seems to be atitude for him as to why i dont think he plays at the top of his game consistently over a season. i think thats one of the reasons why jose sold him at chelsea.

with lukaku i dont think the talent is a problem seems to be atitude for him as to why i dont think he plays at the top of his game consistently over a season. i think thats one of the reasons why jose sold him at chelsea.

He is 23 and most young players will be somewhat inconsistent. Jose sold him when he was 20-21 and he has shown he is capable of scoring plenty of goals in the EPL .I would have no problem if he joined United and are there many better young strikers around ?
    He has some way to go yet but has all the attributes to be top class.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,597 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

Dont think I have ever seen anything about his attitude come up? I'd be interested in seeing something that made you form this opinion or is it just what you are seeing in matches?

Could be interesting if he is a target.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,071 ✭✭✭user2011

Post on r/soccer with Pogba stats with juve vs united... United stats on top in all.

Yet there is a perception that he isn't really at it.. Is it just the price tag that is clouding people's perception..

https://scontent-waw1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/15439900_1283721705035500_6954655518151883712_n.jpg?oh=543f5171c5f2d331da6bc002947866f6&oe=58FA66DB

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

user2011 wrote: »
    Post on r/soccer with Pogba stats with juve vs united... United stats on top in all.

Yet there is a perception that he isn't really at it.. Is it just the price tag that is clouding people's perception..

https://scontent-waw1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/15439900_1283721705035500_6954655518151883712_n.jpg?oh=543f5171c5f2d331da6bc002947866f6&oe=58FA66DB

He was immense against Crystal Palace. It was like there were two of three of him on the pitch at any time.

Really found myself sitting back and thinking "Wow, he really is that good."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,949 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Wouldn't surprise me seeing Memphis going to Everton. He was snapchatting with Lukaku yesterday or the day before.

Also, Gundogan did his cruciate. He's a broken human being and I'm glad we didn't go near him.

EDIT: I realise now that it could be taken the other way around and that Lukaku is joining United.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,767 ✭✭✭✭Leroy42

Lukaku and Rashford could form an amazing partnership at at least two striking options and could be at the club for years.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

astradave wrote: »
    Dont think I have ever seen anything about his attitude come up? I'd be interested in seeing something that made you form this opinion or is it just what you are seeing in matches?

Could be interesting if he is a target.

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11668/9400974/premier-league-jose-mourinho-explains-reasons-behind-romelu-lukaku-move

this is mainly were i took it from and he seems to lack motivation at times for me is lacking.

With the talk of transfers what do ye think Jose will look to do next in the transfer market?
    My preference would be to get a successor for Carrick,he has shown this season that he is still very important for United but will be 36 by the time next season starts .With MS and BS not likely to be part of Jose plans cm will need at least one new recruit soon.

MagicIRL wrote: »
    He was immense against Crystal Palace. It was like there were two of three of him on the pitch at any time.

Really found myself sitting back and thinking "Wow, he really is that good."

He had three poor to really poor touches early in the game, after that he looked like the Pogba we see in each game. He tries the hard pass, some come off some don't but when they do.. We have the winning moment like we did in this game.

I've been impressed by him, yet more impressed by Zlatan who we got on a free, I'd reserves on this signing, but the man has blown me away in all aspects. Larsson mkii??? He is for me. Sorry for late reply, posted in a quite moment in work drinks, over now pretty drunk. Zzzzzzzzz time feels close. Don't go drinking with mad Polish women. Fcuking vodka, yuck!!! Lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,519 ✭✭✭Flint Fredstone

He had three poor to really poor touches early in the game, after that he looked like the Pogba we see in each game. He tries the hard pass, some come off some don't but when they do.. We have the winning moment like we did in this game.

I've been impressed by him, yet more impressed by Zlatan who we got on a free, I'd reserves on this signing, but the man has blown me away in all aspects. Larsson mkii??? He is for me. Sorry for late reply, posted in a quite moment in work drinks, over now pretty drunk. Zzzzzzzzz time feels close. Don't go drinking with mad Polish women. Fcuking vodka, yuck!!! Lol

Worst advice ever.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,330 ✭✭✭Dwarf.Shortage

RobertKK wrote: »
    So we are selling Memphis it seems and freeing up the number 7 shirt for Griezmann.

How on earth was he given 7 to start with.

Worst advice ever.

Yeah definitely lol crazy mofos, I was coming from my own perspective there, the no chance one :( plus weak as **** when devil is thrown a top on the beer nah, gimme a few captains I can handle, not that devils stuff.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

I think a lot of the criticism he's gotten on here has been valid.
    Even against Palace when he was really good overall, he was very very sloppy at times, in the first half especially. Don't mind if he's giving away possession when he's trying a difficult through ball or something but giving it away cheaply isn't good enough.

For me personally, I'm delighted he's at Utd but has been underwhelming overall so far, although I do think he's on an upward curve. I may be over critical of him but it's not related to the price tag but to what I think he could be as a player. When I watch him play I see a player who has the skill set to be the complete midfielder, to dictate games. He's been labelled as an attacking midfielder whoisn't going to be great defensively but I don't buy that. Although he is obviously a top class attacking player, he has the physique, strength and pace to be an all rounder. In fact they all suit his physique more than his twinkle toes, passing ability and goal threat.

I think what I'm trying to say is I think we could have a complete midfielder on our hands if moulded properly. When he first arrived(back) and when watching him at Juventus I thought he would have to play in a mf three and we would really have to shape the team around him(have at least one dm in there to cover for him) but the more I see the more I think he could eventually play in a mf two or at least a deeper starting position in a three.

adox wrote: »
    I think a lot of the criticism he's gotten on here has been valid.
    Even against Palace when he was really good overall, he was very very sloppy at times, in the first half especially. Don't mind if he's giving away possession when he's trying a difficult through ball or something but giving it away cheaply isn't good enough.

For me personally, I'm delighted he's at Utd but has been underwhelming overall so far, although I do think he's on an upward curve. I may be over critical of him but it's not related to the price tag but to what I think he could be as a player. When I watch him play I see a player who has the skill set to be the complete midfielder, to dictate games. He's been labelled as an attacking midfielder whoisn't going to be great defensively but I don't buy that. Although he is obviously a top class attacking player, he has the physique, strength and pace to be an all rounder. In fact they all suit his physique more than his twinkle toes, passing ability and goal threat.

I think what I'm trying to say is I think we could have a complete midfielder on our hands if moulded properly. When he first arrived(back) and when watching him at Juventus I thought he would have to play in a mf three and we would really have to shape the team around him(have at least one dm in there to cover for him) but the more I see the more I think he could eventually play in a mf two or at least a deeper starting position in a three.

Think this is a great post, especially the last few sentences in the second paragraph, was he told to not care or be relaxed with his defensive duties when playing in a mf 2??? He seriously has the attributes to be a box to box player imo, can he be taught this, from his juve days he wasn't asked to do this yet I think he is this type of player.

What is being asked of him now and past I think he has delivered. Loving the pogback

I'm checking out now 😠goodnight

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,948 ✭✭✭0gac3yjefb5sv7

Predictions for tomorrow?

Pheonix10 wrote: »

Meet the lads in pub at 3 watch some football and play some pool and stagger home at half 12 singing jingle bells happy that United won 2_0 and ibra and pogba score again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

Tony Pulis

Expect misery

How on earth was he given 7 to start with.

I remember he was suppose to be the next Ronaldo.
    He might still be good, but not at United.

jayo26 wrote: »
    Meet the lads in pub at 3 watch some football and play some pool and stagger home at half 12 singing jingle bells happy that United won 2_0 and ibra and pogba score again.

Game is on today? Dead fúckin on, I had Sunday in mind and I'm working then, off today! Jayo, what pub we all going to?? :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,330 ✭✭✭Dwarf.Shortage

RobertKK wrote: »
    I remember he was suppose to be the next Ronaldo.
    He might still be good, but not at United.

He was supposed to be the next Ronaldo in the same way that every error prone keeper who makes two or three decent saves is the next De Gea, it's a handy narrative but ultimately a load of b**lix. Memphis has done nothing that deserves being handed that storied number at 22.

I know you probably meant that tongue in cheek so don't interpret that as a back argument, I'm agreeing with you really, his days at united are probably numbered.

Another Zaha, he'll leave for a lesser club and do some decent stuff once in a while but he'd never make it at United.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭fuzzydunlop85

This will be a tough one, a draw in isolation wouldn't be a terrible result but we really need to be winning this. Think Fellaini may start this one (yikes). Head says 1-1 but heart says 2-1.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

jayo26 wrote:

Where we all going drinking Jayo ...
    Reckon we could rustle up a good collection
    You,me,M!Ck^,Magic IRL,Kew,feen and yermandan
    Cookie and MarsBar you girls are welcomed too..

Have I forgotten any important people
    Don't take it personally if I have

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Have the most rotten head cold after a crazily busy week, so a win today would be very, very much be appreciated...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,843 ✭✭✭GSPfan

We just have to win tonight. Its entirely possible we lose or draw but it just feels like we have our act together now. Although I dont think we can afford to play players so lacking in pace again tonight. For me Mata should be swapped out for Lingard on that right hand side or Rashford if he isn't over on the left. I actually like Lingard and thought he did well in the little cameo the other night. Mkhitaryan is our man on the left but for now we need speed and not Mata and his complete abandonment of that position.

brinty wrote: »

Ahem cough cough TSC cough cough astradave coough

Ohh and just in case we do end up as a draw we need yermandan to come along and cheer us all up with thanks and a round of beer

GSPfan wrote: »
    We just have to win tonight. Its entirely possible we lose or draw but it just feels like we have our act together now. Although I dont think we can afford to play players so lacking in pace again tonight. For me Mata should be swapped out for Lingard on that right hand side or Rashford if he isn't over on the left. I actually like Lingard and thought he did well in the little cameo the other night. Mkhitaryan is our man on the left but for now we need speed and not Mata and his complete abandonment of that position.

I'd like flashford on the left but I find it so hard to say mata should be left out because he is one of a few players that can pull something out of nowhere for us and even the other night only for the cross-eyed linesman we would be talking about mata been the match winner again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,576 ✭✭✭deaddonkey15

You forgot me.

You forgot me.

The Rooney appreciation night is next week :)

jayo26 wrote:
    Ahem cough cough TSC cough cough astradave coough

Dave and TSC apologies
    Knew I'd forget some people

Dave and TSC apologies

And bangkok

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

jayo26 wrote: »
    And bangkok

If he's going can I go? 50 quid says he's the ****er at 12:30 burning the ears off someone in the cornor about work and politics, so I wanna be there to collect my winnings ha ha

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,652 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

How has Tahith Chong being going these days?

Headshot wrote: »
    How has Tahith Chong being going these days?

He is in the u18s still he doing OK from what I seen he ain't no superstar but sure he has loads of time. His hair looks fab tho.

Dave and TSC apologies

Brinty just realised u forgot zerks ...... we can ask him 3 days after it happening anyway he won't notice.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

One year ago today, the decision to sack LVG was made so much easier when Jose became available.

I take it you knew I would be watching it at home...

Otherwise...

:p:D

jayo26 wrote:
    Brinty just realised u forgot zerks ...... we can ask him 3 days after it happening anyway he won't notice.

It'll be breaking news then

RobertKK wrote:
    I take it you knew I would be watching it at home...

I knew you would mate
    Couldn't forget you
    You can come to the new year's eve do....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

It'll be breaking news then

200.gif#763

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,843 ✭✭✭GSPfan

Chelsea just can't lose or even draw these days.

Hoping to jinx them.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement