Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2017

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

limnam wrote: »
    I'd like to hear more from this guy.

I wouldn't. I really wouldn't.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,652 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

adox wrote: »
    I wouldn't. I really wouldn't.

1++++++++++++ infinity

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,597 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

yabadabado wrote: »
    Good player but not sure if he would be much of an upgrade especially with the fee Everton would want.

He would defo be an upgrade on todays Tony V anyways, don't think he once even tried to beat his man.

He reverted to Turn back Tony tonight

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

I think Coleman will be Evertons next captain. I don't see them selling him unless a ridiculous offer comes in.

Finally a few league wins put together and a little bit of momentum.

I'm pretty sure that Zlatan is a couple of goals ahead of RVP now compared to the same time in that season for RVP. No I'm not suggesting that we'll win the league this season, just that he has been a stellar signing so far. Well worth the mon...

♫...on a free from PSG, he cost us fúcking zero...

Oh right.

Hopefully Jose can keep the train running through Sunderland and Middlesbrough at Old Trafford. There's a real chance now to make it 16/18 points for the month. That would be huge.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,406 ✭✭✭Korat

Feeling a lot happier about the way Utd are headed now than I was this time last year. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Cz5jl4KWIAA91nN.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,559 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

Hococop wrote: »
    Think it was Jones, somehow he stayed unhurt ha

I love that sort of thing .

• Registered Users Posts: 6,586 ✭✭✭jaykay74

Will Smalling break up Rojo/Jones as a CB pair in the near future ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,559 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

jaykay74 wrote: »

Bound to be a bit of rotation over the next 2 weeks.Great problem to have .

yabadabado wrote: »
    Bound to be a bit of rotation over the next 2 weeks.Great problem to have .

True, also could be Rojo is moving towards 5 yellows after his joke yellow today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

Can't see it the two are playing too well. Baily will come in before him too.

Zlatan I'll be honest thought would score around 15 but I'll be surprised if it's not at least 20 now at this rate.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,653 ✭✭✭✭Sand

Doubtful until Rojo picks up that straight red that is in his future. The pairing are playing well and Smalling is not a massive upgrade on an inform Jones and Rojo.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,755 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

United and Chelsea are in my opinion the current best two teams in the league.
    I am confident there is something special finally happening again at United, and we will be winning more silverware this season, some say that the league is too much to hope for but there is a long way to go.
    I think Chelsea are not as good as they have been but still doing enough to get the wins.
    Man City look the weakest of the top 6 at the moment, and currently would think they are in danger of missing out on CL football.
    United to finish at worst top 2 this season.

That's not something Jose will do
    He's not the type of manager to make such a rash decision and upset what is essesntially the spine of a team
    As much as I love Mike Smalling I think it would be madness to do so
    They are having a phenomenal run of games and the myth that they haven't been tested is a load of bull****
    They have dealt with everything that has come at them with ease against some top strikers in the league
    Smallings only chance now is injury and I don't want that to happen to Jones, I always said if he get's a run of games he will be top class
    Fergie didn't scout him for nothing

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

Some of the worst defensive performances performances I've seen have come from Rojo and in the past, I've made no secret about wanting him to go. By that was then and this is now, because Jose has worked his magic and Rojo is now a completely different defender that no longer makes me nervous. Fair play to the lad, he marked Rondon out of the game and totally psyched him out. And to cap it all off, he dealt with the aerial threat with ease and that was an area where he once used to terrify me watching. Long may it continue and in this kind of form, I don't want him going anywhere.

We've played some excellent football and lost 10 points through draws that should have been wins. So Wednesday and today were big results and we seem to be finally finishing off teams. We're playing some great stuff, dominating games and hopefully adding that defensive resolve and steel that we really need. Jose now seems to building the kind of team that I always hoped he would. Our league position isn't reflecting where we're at but that will come. The most important thing is Jose has us playing the right way we're going in the right direction.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

ElChe32 wrote: »
    Cz5YoUnXcAAZnVu.jpg

Jesse looks petrified!

zerks wrote: »
    Cz5jl4KWIAA91nN.jpg

Ah hi zerks :)

• Registered Users Posts: 33,755 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Hopefully Jones can stay injury free, I wanted him gone because he always seemed to be injured, but am happy with him at the moment and long may that continue.

jayo26 wrote: »

I didn't want to be the one that said it :pac:

Photo of Zlatan making Jesse's life flash before his eyes

There's also the time he nearly took Phil Jones' head off with a flying jump-kick for a goal celebration a few weeks ago. Maybe that was his own little tribute to King Eric, but I wouldn't be going near Zlatan in those first few seconds after he scores a goal. Just let him get it out. 6ft 5", flying through the air, he's a god damn griffin.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,235 ✭✭✭ceegee

Mad to think Zlatan went on a run of 1 goal in 11 games and is still on 16 goals.
    5 in 5
    1 in 10
    10 in 9

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,250 ✭✭✭limnam

Wonder how Mata's feeling about not getting so much game time surprised the press aren't all over it, probably because we're winning

Meant to post a different pic:o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,226 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

BT is a pain in the hole.

Ibrahimovic's shoulder barge "Oh, is that a red? That might be a red! What do you think Howard?!"

Brunt's shoulder barge "............."

stankratz wrote: »
    There's also the time he nearly took Phil Jones' head off with a flying jump-kick for a goal celebration a few weeks ago. Maybe that was his own little tribute to King Eric, but I wouldn't be going near Zlatan in those first few seconds after he scores a goal. Just let him get it out. 6ft 5", flying through the air, he's a god damn griffin.

In the middle of celebrations for first goal you can see a united player coming across the background with a flying kick I couldn't make out who it was.

Meant to post a different pic:o

Was it of the scoreboard from the crystal palace game? ;);)

3B78B04100000578-4043840-image-a-7_1481996582860.jpg

3B792D1400000578-4043840-image-a-46_1482000466499.jpg

In the middle of celebrations for first goal you can see a united player coming across the background with a flying kick I couldn't make out who it was.

Think it was Jones, as learned from Zlatan. I'd rather Jones didn't take those chances to be honest!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,006 ✭✭✭beno619

astradave wrote: »
    He would defo be an upgrade on todays Tony V anyways, don't think he once even tried to beat his man.

He reverted to Turn back Tony tonight

Got the assist for the assist today as he has many times this season.

He's convinced me he's good enough for now.

When it's time to upgrade we can do far better than Coleman.

• Advertisement

Was it of the scoreboard from the crystal palace game? ;);)

Did we win that game after? :pac::pac:

Images

The look of "Oh ****e, what have i got myself into" from Jesse is hilarious :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

RobertKK wrote: »
    Hopefully Jones can stay injury free, I wanted him gone because he always seemed to be injured, but am happy with him at the moment and long may that continue.

The same here, I wanted Jones gone and mainly for being a 'Mr. Glass'. But he's getting the games under his belt now and delivering the goods and you can't ask for any more than that. He has age on his side and if anybody deserves some luck in staying healthy it's him. Hopefully his injury ravaged years are behind him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,017 ✭✭✭sReq | uTeK

We are winning.....where is TheDoc

The Mail also calling Zlatan's barge "brutal",you'd swear he attacked him with an axe.Clowns.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,104 ✭✭✭markc91

limnam wrote: »
    Wonder how Mata's feeling about not getting so much game time surprised the press aren't all over it, probably because we're winning

Yep was thinking that myself only played against Zorya in the EL since the West Ham 1-1 draw in the league at OT, 1 start out of the last 6 games....

Did we win that game after? :pac::pac:

No we drew 1_1 and cantona got sent off and kicked a palace fan on his way down to the tunnel.

The Mail also calling Zlatan's barge "brutal",you'd swear he attacked him with an axe.Clowns.

And they won't mention the one on flashford.

Brunts "tackle" on Rashford was worse
    I can bet no mention of that

• Advertisement

The Mail really seem to have a chip on their shoulder with United since Jose joined.. its quiet funny tbh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,075 ✭✭✭IamtheWalrus

Utd winning football matches. Feels nice and familiar.

astradave wrote: »
    The Mail really seem to have a chip on their shoulder with United since Jose joined.. its quiet quite funny tbh

See,everybody makes mistakes.:p:p

Jose:

‘I told the players (give shirts to the fans), it is Christmas time,’ he said in his post-match press conference. ‘It means a lot for the fans and a great feeling.’

See,everybody makes mistakes.:p:p

Image1.png

I wouldn't mind, i changed it as i thought it didn't look right. must be all these victories making me dizzy :D

Just on the Mata thing, hes had loads of game time this season so far. That shut the press up.

Its no biggie imo he hasnt started recently in the grand scheme of things. I think the fact that Jose has chosen relatively slow players in the line up in the last couple of games has worked against Mata.

He`ll get plenty more game time this season.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,388 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

Some of the worst defensive performances performances I've seen have come from Rojo and in the past, I've made no secret about wanting him to go. By that was then and this is now, because Jose has worked his magic and Rojo is now a completely different defender that no longer makes me nervous. Fair play to the lad, he marked Rondon out of the game and totally psyched him out. And to cap it all off, he dealt with the aerial threat with ease and that was an area where he once used to terrify me watching. Long may it continue and in this kind of form, I don't want him going anywhere.

We've played some excellent football and lost 10 points through draws that should have been wins. So Wednesday and today were big results and we seem to be finally finishing off teams. We're playing some great stuff, dominating games and hopefully adding that defensive resolve and steel that we really need. Jose now seems to building the kind of team that I always hoped he would. Our league position isn't reflecting where we're at but that will come. The most important thing is Jose has us playing the right way we're going in the right direction.

Jose's magic extends merely to playing him at CB imo. He was signed as a CB and his first few games were very good. Then picked up tje shoulder injuries and was bizarrely never played there again for LVG.

I don't think he was as bad at LB as some say too. Kind of similar to Valencia in that his crossing was very wayward but he was getting up and down the wing well. The issue the last few seasons hasn't been defense, it's been an inability to control games in the middle for the whole game and finish the chances when they were in control.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

Thought Zlatan's challenge was a yellow and nothing more. If the defender doesn't get to the ball then he gets it. Fair enough it's knocked back up the pitch and the two collide, but he didn't fire himself at the player unlike the challenge on rashford where the player didn't even attempt to get the ball.

MagicIRL wrote: »
    Thought Zlatan's challenge was a yellow and nothing more. If the defender doesn't get to the ball then he gets it. Fair enough it's knocked back up the pitch and the two collide, but he didn't fire himself at the player unlike the challenge on rashford where the player didn't even attempt to get the ball.

Kinda agree but do think it was boardering on violent conduct. Don't think it was a red but can see why the challenge can be questioned.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Re Fellaini.

I decided to do bit of player cam style watching on him when he came on. Now of course United would have won game without him coming on but he was terrific when On pitch. Pressure and rushed the West Brom players, Tackled, Intercepted and also won headers to his own players.

He ain't going give killer balls, or he ain't going dribble past 5 players, but he does win ball and today was good example. I don't want him to start games on regular basis and I'm not trying over hype the guy here.

I'm just saying if you want see what he does just watch those 10-15 min he was on the field and watch the results after.

Himself and Rashford did their jobs well when they came off in seeing out the game. West Brom created nothing when they came on(I appreciate they did that most of game too).

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    All this talk of going on the beer gives me an idea :cool:
    Wonder how accurate this is off the top of my head haha
    Who will be the cool foreign guy that knows all about craft beer: jaykay74
    Sorry if I forgot someone but have to stop sometime :pac:

Is Cork foreign? On second thoughts don't answer that :p

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement