Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2017

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

What I loved about his second goal(yes it took a massive deflection) was in the build up he plays it between two defenders. Now he didn't just try and squeeze the ball in between the two of them. He expected a challenge to come in and just dinked the ball up and past them like strikers do when lifting the ball over a keeper.

Pure and utter class.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

adox wrote: »
    What I loved about his second goal(yes it took a massive deflection) was in the build up he plays it between two defenders. Now he didn't just try and squeeze the ball in between the two of them. He expected a challenge to come in and just dinked the ball up and past them like strikers do when lifting the ball over a keeper.

Pure and utter class.

What's total quality that you would only expect from a few players in football. The build up to goal was better then the goal itself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Wayne Rooney has now registered 5 Premier League assists this season, as many as Mesut Ozil, David Silva and Eden Hazard combined.

And yes,scuffed shots and 3 yard passes 20 yards from goal count as assists.

He was ok this evening.Not great but not shite either,his attempted back heel to Herrera in the first half:pac::pac:

jayo26 wrote: »
    What's total quality that you would only expect from a few players in football. The build up to goal was better then the goal itself.

3B7A267A00000578-4043840-image-a-57_1482002663733.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Win the next 2 and it's a very nice christmas

Win the next 2 and it's a very nice christmas

If we win our next 3 games I think we will be within a pint of fourth place Liverpool have everton,stoke,city and Sunderland.
    And spurs have to play Chelsea in that time too.

If we win our next 3 games I think we will be within a pint of fourth place Liverpool have everton,stoke,city and Sunderland.

Sunderland,Boro and West Ham should be winnable then we play Liverpool.

Keeping in line with today's theme. :pac:

zerks wrote: »
    Sunderland,Boro and West Ham should be winnable then we play Liverpool.

That's what I was thinking too and if we do win then we will have some nice momentum and atmosphere at old Trafford against the pool. It will be a cracker.

Keeping in line with today's theme. :pac:

Meh I couldn't give a fuk haha

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,597 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

Defence wise i think we have come on leaps and bounds, if you take out the Watford and Chelsea games we have only let in 10 goals in the other 15 games. We really need to start making inroads on the teams ahead of us goal difference though.

astradave wrote: »
    Defence wise i think we have come on leaps and bounds, if you take out the Watford and Chelsea games we have only let in 10 goals in the other 15 games. We really need to start making inroads on the teams ahead of us goal difference though.

And we would be In second place tonight :)

170 league games,152 goals since the start of the 2011-12 season.Some record by Zlatan.

zerks wrote: »
    170 league games,152 goals since the start of the 2011-12 season.Some record by Zlatan.

Has he even been in top 3 player awards since then probably not.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

jaykay74 wrote:
    Is Cork foreign? On second thoughts don't answer that

Shut up you langer...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

Tony Pulis

Expect misery

Only so long I can keep coming to the rescue.

Anyone else still get the impression Jose is a broken man?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,586 ✭✭✭jaykay74

I haven't been in the away end at a United game in over 20 years I think. Today would have been good craic. Don't remember hearing a peep from the home fans today bar GSTQ at some stage and a few half hearts boos towards Zlatan after he floored the CB :D

https://twitter.com/UtdRantcast/status/810195531087671296

0cwxqQY.jpg

Phil's attempt...

https://streamable.com/xss83

That landing knee, careful now Phil.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,948 ✭✭✭0gac3yjefb5sv7

stankratz wrote: »
    0cwxqQY.jpg

Phil's attempt...

https://streamable.com/xss83

That landing knee, careful now Phil.

Haha love the watch he is doing it on his own, Zlatan facing the other way.

Atta boy zerks
    And me a funny meath man too....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,948 ✭✭✭0gac3yjefb5sv7

Wonder would an Arsenal or City win be better tomorrow.

How the **** does he get that high off the ground!

Phils version he probably doesn't make it 6 inches off from his standing leg ha.

And he is about 20 feet away from everyone. ya know. just in case :D

Pheonix10 wrote: »

I'd prefer a draw but if you were going on what happens in other years I'd prefer city to win because we have greater chance of arsenal falling away.

Match of the day time. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,559 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

A draw

Match of the day time. :)

Anyway idea what slot we are in?

Haha love the way he is doing it on his own, Zlatan facing the other way.

Yep. Love our players having little celebrations on their own. Hard to beat Herrera's in the dugout last season...

Anyway idea what slot we are in?

Nah, they didn't say unfortunately.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

Normally last for the late game isn't it?

• Advertisement

Nah, they didn't say unfortunately.

Don't ask me what he said though :D

https://twitter.com/BBCMOTD/status/810207640215293955

Edit

https://twitter.com/GaryLineker/status/810207153030098944

Jayop wrote: »

Third

"The MOTD running order: CP/Che, Sto/Lei, WBA/ManU, Boro/Swa, WHU/Hull, Sun/Wat. Much to enjoy. Please join us on @BBCOne at 10.25."

Edit: That was a sneaky edit Dave are you trying to make me look like zerks

Jayop wrote: »

The worst match is normally last

It's why we heavily featured there, last year

I don't know why everyone is complaining about the vardy red card it was the correct decision all day long same as Rojo one should of been the against palace.

I don't know why everyone is complaining about the vardy red card it was the correct decision all day long same as Rojo one should of been the against palace.

I think the complaints should be against the referee more as its the same ref who let Rojo off with a yellow for what was arguably a little worse

I think the complaints should be against the referee more as its the same ref who let Rojo off with a yellow for what was arguably a little worse

It was a loose loose situation for him today then if he had of made the wrong call they would of wanted hime dropped and today Howard Webb said he should be dropped for sending vardy off. Unbelievable.

I can't actually see how they saying it's not a red card.... yes he won the ball but he went with two feet off the ground and right before he won the ball he directed both studded booths into the ball if the defender had to of won the ball first it would of been a horror challenge.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,519 ✭✭✭Flint Fredstone

I loved Zlatan's barge. If you are that big and strong you let the opposition know. It wasn't filthy, it got a deserved yellow and put the sh*ts up the defender. Fair outcome.

Brunt's was far more cynical but it was a fair outcome too. Good to see a bit of physicality still about.

Ref got the pen and the red correct. Motd pundits are generally morons.

Red card and peno imo

• Advertisement

That cross gets better every time I see it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,217 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

Christ it was a penalty all day long shut up Jermaine

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

Jesse really does need some shooting practice.

I can't actually see how they saying it's not a red card.... yes he won the ball but he went with two feet off the ground and right before he won the ball he directed both studded booths into the ball if the defender had to of won the ball first it would of been a horror challenge.

Sure Rojo won the ball easily against Everton, but we all know that it should have been a red card as its against the laws of the game. Its the English player thing come up again, if that was johnny foreigner there would be nothing made about the red card

When you look at the team and the bond they all seem to have together you have to think jose is doing a pretty good job with them.

You have zlatan the biggest ego in football,
    Rooney the most hated man in football,
    The worlds most expensive player
    3 Spanish best mates,
    Few young lads looking to get into a team for games,
    World class signing that was told he had to improve before he got into the team,
    A world cup winning midfielder told he has basically no chance in the team,
    Injury prone defender and another few that are even more prone to mistakes..

But yet they all seem to be loving playing together and been in same team and doing karate kicks on each other it looked so different last year.

Korat wrote:
    Jayo you forgot that on top of all those complications the team is managed by Jose Mourinho, most hated man in football.

He'll have to wrestle that title out of Wayne's fat grasp...

That's a joke obviously

I don't care if we've all the most hated men in football.. that shows were doing something right

• Registered Users Posts: 2,406 ✭✭✭Korat

brinty wrote: »
    ..if we've all the most hated men in football.. that shows were doing something right

It's returning to what we do best. :)

some lovely movement from Pogba in that goal, also Jose calling Rojo and Jones over and telling them to keep it tight.

https://twitter.com/ManUtd/status/810254511151292417

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,519 ✭✭✭Flint Fredstone

some lovely movement from Pogba in that goal, also Jose calling Rojo and Jones over and telling them to keep it tight.

https://twitter.com/ManUtd/status/810254511151292417

Does anybody else find the individual, distinctive cheer in those videos funny? There's always one and I'm waiting on it every angle. I kind of make the sound in my head along with it... Just me?... anybody?

• Advertisement

https://twitter.com/MirrorFootball/status/810254501072531459
    Manchester United target Feyenoord right-back Rick Karsdorp to provide competition for Antonio Valencia

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement