Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2017

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,843 ✭✭✭GSPfan

Anyone know what the story is with Ashley Young? Is he injured or just someone Mourinho wants gone?

It would be actually very interesting if Depay, Schneiderlin, Young, and Schweinsteger all left in January. We would have to buy a player or two to fill that gap in the squad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Are people seriously talking about winning the league?
    It would take a MicksJaguar to win the league.
    4th is still a tough ask.

Not as tough a task as it was last week. 4th is actually in our hands and at the end of the day so it is as simple as us winning more games then the teams above us it is that straight forward.

Tittle winning talk is way beyond us tho Chelsea are pretty solid it would take a drastic fuk up for them to let us back in the race.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,559 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

Forget about the title ,Uniteds goal for the rest of the season should be top 4,EL and FA Cup in that order.The league cup would be nice to win but would be happy to play second string in semi's and wouldn't let the games hindrance league games.

A transfer or two in January would be a nice boost but no overly concerned if no one comes in.

Nice edit I was just about say Cork won the fai cup

• Registered Users Posts: 5,347 ✭✭✭Quandary

Talk of a title challenge is beyond wildly optimistic imo. We have lost far too much ground. I'll be delighted if we can finish comfortably in the top 4. finishing in the top 4 ahead of Liverpool would be most delicious.

jayo26 wrote: »
    Nice edit I was just about say Cork won the fai cup

Yeah I blame LVG for United missing out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,777 ✭✭✭jimmytwotimes 2013

Rojo has gone from 'sell him in January' to 'keep him as back up' in the last few matches.

More hopeful of making a shove for top 4 now than I was a month ago but it's still going to be very tough.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

Quandary wrote: »
    Talk of a title challenge is beyond wildly optimistic imo. We have lost far too much ground. I'll be delighted if we can finish comfortably in the top 4. finishing in the top 4 ahead of Liverpool would be most delicious.

Exactly.

That was my hope at the start of the season, hopefully pick up a cup as well.

Make a proper attempt at the league then next season.

I think we are most likely to displace Arsenal from the top 4.

Chelsea will defo take one spot.

I think City have too much quality to drop the required points.

Lfc are playing well and have no European distractions.

Arsenal though seem to be a bit mentally fragile.

Sure all we can do is try and keep winning our games, we can't do anything more than that.

I'm not in the we've turned a corner camp yet, we are still lacking the killer blow up front and the ability to put games to bed but we are playing as well as we have in years. Mikhi getting and staying fit will be the key to how the rest of the season pans out.

Its exciting though!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,597 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

The only way we would stand a chance on winning the league is if Chelsea failed to control their players again a few times and got a points deduction :D here's hoping Costa does something crazy

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

astradave wrote: »
    The only way we would stand a chance on winning the league is if Chelsea failed to control their players again a few times and got a points deduction :D here's hoping Costa does something crazy

Only a matter of time really.

So nice to watch a game and no matter what the outcome it's good for us.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,690 ✭✭✭ElChe32

Pep Guardiola something something busted flush.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

This will be linked to us sooner rather than latter...

https://twitter.com/partidazocope/status/810502604467924992

James Rodriguez: "I can't assure that on January I will still be at Real Madrid. There are offers from clubs for me. I have 7 days to think about it. I'm happy here but I want to play more.“

• Registered Users Posts: 2,690 ✭✭✭ElChe32

I think James is wildly overrated...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,653 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Lord TSC wrote: »
    This will be linked to us sooner rather than latter...

https://twitter.com/partidazocope/status/810502604467924992

James Rodriguez: "I can't assure that on January I will still be at Real Madrid. There are offers from clubs for me. I have 7 days to think about it. I'm happy here but I want to play more.“

Nope

No thank you

• Advertisement

Claudio Bravo has regressed so much since his Sociadad days.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

It would be a no thanks on James he hasn't been great at Madrid and we have better players at the club already.

ElChe32 wrote: »
    I think James is wildly overrated...

His stats speak for themselves and for a player that ain't a first team regular he has high percentages of goals and assists up to this season. I haven't had a look since the summer but I think he would be another excellent playmaker.

sky88 wrote: »
    It would be a no thanks on James he hasn't been great at Madrid and we have better players at the club already.

Still think he would be an upgrade at no10 on Rooney and Mata (no matter how much I love mata). They only thing that would be out of place is that Jose seems to have gone to a 433 or 4141 so where would he fit in as we are not really playing a 10 at the mo

One of the biggest games of the season and the amount of blue seats is unreal it must be so easy get tickets for the city fans that travel over.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭Whatsisname

City wore jerseys with Gundogans name on it....because the mans injured. What the hells going on?

jayo26 wrote: »
    One of the biggest games of the season and the amount of blue seats is unreal it must be so easy get tickets for the city fans that travel over.

It's actually really really visible on the tv.. mental how many..

It's actually really really visible on the tv.. mental how many..

I used to always think it was because they were wearing blue jerseys it made it look empty but they don't even seem to wear them ;)

City wore jerseys with Gundogans name on it....because the mans injured. What the hells going on?

did pretty bad damage to his ACL.. could be thinking to himself that his career is over and the team are trying to get his spirits up.

Tbf I think it's going to be hard for him to come back from this one.. especially with his back injuries before..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭Pickpocket

It's unusual alright, but isn't it great to see a team displaying such affection for one of their colleagues.

Pickpocket wrote: »
    It's unusual alright, but isn't it great to see a team displaying such affection for one of their colleagues.

We did same for Alan Smith when we won I think it was one of the league or fa cup we wore t-shirt with "for you smudge"

Not a great comparison I admit but it shows that he ain't as bad as people make out he has an awful lot to offer any team if he was playing regular football.
    20161218_162732.pnguploading pictures

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,298 ✭✭✭martinr5232

They had to get rid of them out of the club shop somehow sure.

Sanchez looks hurt now.. could be bad news for Arsenal

James is a good player but not the type who is a priority at the moment.
    For me I think CM LW and RB are the positions that need strengthening the most.

• Advertisement

Well this is going swimmingly so far city losing at home and spurs drawing at home. Long may it last.

Jayop wrote: »
    Well this is going swimmingly so far city losing at home and spurs drawing at home. Long may it last.

Way to jinx it Jayop

tumblr_nj6cg4I6Xh1trbh6do1_400.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

If Mata can't get his game at #10 because of Rooney then James would be the exact same situation.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,755 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

I still think Chelsea and United are the best two teams in the league right now.
    The first half of the game shown on Sky has done nothing to make me think otherwise.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

MagicIRL wrote: »
    If Mata can't get his game at #10 because of Rooney then James would be the exact same situation.

I'd be "blaming" Pogba; Rooney isn't playing at #10 much either, and our system in the last few games hasn't used one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

cant see us going for James,

no1 i dont think he is better than some of the players we already have and

no2, i think we will be signing greizemann next summer

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭FixitFelix

RobertKK wrote: »
    I still think Chelsea and United are the best two teams in the league right now.
    The first half of the game shown on Sky has done nothing to make me think otherwise.

Haha delusion at its best

FixitFelix wrote: »
    Haha delusion at its best

We'll see...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭FixitFelix

RobertKK wrote: »
    We'll see...

You said right now, so what's there to see?

• Advertisement

MagicIRL wrote: »
    Over the next year I dont think either will be anymore than squad players if they are even at the club.

FixitFelix wrote: »
    You said right now, so what's there to see?

Only United an Chelsea have won their last three PL games.
    United are playing really well at present.

Because matches are not complete I will use completed games:
    Spurs and Arsenal: 2 wins and 1 loss
    Liverpool: 1 win, 1 draw, 1 loss
    City: 1 win 2 losses.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,226 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Piss off, Arsenal.

J. Marston wrote: »
    Piss off, Arsenal.

It doesn't matter

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,006 ✭✭✭beno619

Özil doing another disappearing act once the going gets tough.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,161 ✭✭✭jharr100

Arsenal .... It's not even February...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Unearthly

Now Spurs score.

Game over man, game over

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

always said it, ozil goes missing in the big games

Way to jinx it Jayop

tumblr_nj6cg4I6Xh1trbh6do1_400.gif