Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2017

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

yabadabado wrote: »
    Over the next year I dont think either will be anymore than squad players if they are even at the club.

Indeed, as much as Mata is a fine player I wouldn't be surprised at all if he was gone within the next season or two.

More than just Mata though, I wonder if people realise just how many of that squad are likely to be moved on in the near future. I'm not privy to Jose's plans of course but I think there are going to be big changes soon and a lot of names leaving. Mata, Rooney, Young, Depay, Schneiderlin, Carrick, Zlatan are all the obvious ones, but I wouldn't be surprised if a few from Jones, Rojo, Smalling, Blind, Martial and Shaw ended up sold as well.

There are big changes coming, anybody who thinks our current squad is going to bring us success long term needs to re-evaluate, because I think in 3 years time we will have had a very high turnover of players.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Arsenal thread in meltdown, fellas falling out with each other,blaming everyone from the players to the manager and getting very worried about us.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

zerks wrote: »
    Arsenal thread in meltdown, fellas falling out with each other,blaming everyone from the players to the manager and getting very worried about us.

On my way to look

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

You little beauty zerks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,597 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

bangkok wrote: »
    always said it, ozil goes missing in the big games

Brutal today

https://twitter.com/Squawka/status/810544264878891008

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,928 ✭✭✭dubmick

Would back Everton to do the Pool tomorrow. That will leave us 4 points off 3rd. Not bad considering where we were a few weeks back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,843 ✭✭✭GSPfan

Jinxed it before the game even begins!

Im optimistic about catching anyone but Chelsea at this stage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

I will love it if we overtook Arsenal, love it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,113 ✭✭✭the whole year inn

RobertKK wrote: »
    Only United an Chelsea have won their last three PL games.
    United are playing really well at present.

Because matches are not complete I will use completed games:
    Spurs and Arsenal: 2 wins and 1 loss
    Liverpool: 1 win, 1 draw, 1 loss
    City: 1 win 2 losses.
    Come on are you serious last 3 games.Use common sence stats over the whole season is the only stat to go by not last 3 / 4 games because it makes the team look better.

I will love it if we overtook Arsenal, love it.

https://twitter.com/JamesRobsonMEN/status/810553391227215872

Wenger on about refs again this week,will most likely escape any censure again. This is what puts people off them despite their good football.

• Advertisement

https://twitter.com/JamesRobsonMEN/status/810553391227215872

Wenger on about refs again this week,will most likely escape any censure again. This is what puts people off them despite their good football.

If Jose said it.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

6 points off second. Some turn around.

Home to Sunderland, Home to Middlesbrough, Away to West Ham, Home to Liverpool.

Thats our next 12 points to play for and to be honest Id be hopeful of 9 from 9 and if we can manage to turn over Liverpool we will undoubtedly be in the top 4.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

10/10 Jayo

Rossi IRL wrote: »
    10/10 Jayo

Not my work pal I shamelessly stole it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭FixitFelix

Come on are you serious last 3 games.Use common sence stats over the whole season is the only stat to go by not last 3 / 4 games because it makes the team look better.

Finally some sense

• Registered Users Posts: 33,755 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Yes, and Chelsea and United are the only teams to have not lost any of their last 6 PL games.

Recent form is all one can go on, and recent form has both Chelsea and United moving in the right direction.

• Advertisement

FixitFelix wrote: »
    Finally some sense

I have plenty, and recent form backs up what I have posted.

An ostrich with it's head in the sand can't see what is happening around it. In the league, the top two teams right now are Chelsea and United.

An ostrich with it's head in the sand can't see what is happening around it. In the league, the top two teams right now are Chelsea and United.

Ah hey there nigel

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

We have played much better this year, but we aren't anywhere near the second best in the league right now. Still huge issues that need addressing and if we managed to get into 4th this year it'd be a huge achievement considering how badly we ****ed up two months of the season so far.

It's okay to say that we are progressing nicely since the Van Gaal era without overdoing the sentiment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

I'd say on recent form we look second best in the league.

I hate talking about best and where we are because at the end of thrones day we are one draw away from another meltdown in this thread and the press so I'm just happy with how the team is playing and if at the end of the next four games we are in the top four then I'll be thrilled and jose will be well and truly on the way to turning things around but as it is now it's just above meltdown.

Jose has found a team that works, we have some really good players to come back, we are course for at worst 2nd place this season in my opinion.
    Though we could end the season again level with City and lose out on GD and get 3rd :p
    But I think the progression is such that we should be aiming very high. United talk about still going out to win the title and that is possible, but I will go top 2 before we go on and win it next season.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,113 ✭✭✭the whole year inn

I'll admit Pogba and Ibrah are starting to look like the signings there valed at/paid but to consider United to be the top 2 teams in the PL is abit away.I actually like Jose aawell and think he will take United to the PL but not this year clearly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,948 ✭✭✭0gac3yjefb5sv7

Imagine top 4, winning Europa and fa cup

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

Pheonix10 wrote: »
    Imagine top 4, winning Europa and fa cup

imagine winning the league

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

Jayop wrote: »
    I'd say on recent form we look second best in the league.

We are looking at a good chance of 5 league wins in a row given the fixtures coming up (obviously anything can happen, but on paper we should do it), but that's still not a good indicator. We're an Ibra injury away from really finding out if we have any depth in the goalscoring department and we need to see where we are at when we inevitably lose another game. Can we go on a winning streak after a loss or a draw r will we slump a bit before we hit form again? So much left to prove before we start going on about beine anywhere near a team who has every chance of equalling our best ever winning record in the PL.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

bangkok wrote: »
    imagine winning the league

I can imagine that. I'll be sitting in my LA Mansion with Scarlett Johanson beside me, celebrating.

Please dont make me go back to the real world...

• Advertisement

One more Zlatan/Jesse pic.

3B7DB47700000578-4045388-image-a-86_1482069539961.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,576 ✭✭✭deaddonkey15

GSPfan wrote: »
    Home to Sunderland, Home to Middlesbrough, Away to West Ham, Home to Liverpool.

Thats our next 12 points to play for and to be honest Id be hopeful of 9 from 9 and if we can manage to turn over Liverpool we will undoubtedly be in the top 4.

We'll drop points at West Ham I'd say.

We'll drop points at West Ham I'd say.

West Ham are desperate at the moment and we're flying. I know they usually ruin our fun but that was at Upton Park, this new stadium doesn't seem to be helping them.

If we beat Sunderland and Middlesbrough Im confident we'll beat West Ham.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,017 ✭✭✭sReq | uTeK

West Ham are desperate at the moment and we're flying. I know they usually ruin our fun but that was at Upton Park, this new stadium doesn't seem to be helping them.

If we beat Sunderland and Middlesbrough Im confident we'll beat West Ham.

West ham have won 2 and drawn with pool in their last 3 games. They're moving up.

Is MOTD not on tonight?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,519 ✭✭✭Flint Fredstone

It's all about momentum. If we're on the back of 7 straight wins I would be confident of beating West Ham.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,519 ✭✭✭Flint Fredstone

Is MOTD not on tonight?

Tomorrow night.

West ham have won 2 and drawn with pool in their last 3 games. They're moving up.

They beat Hull and Burnley at home 1-0. Hardly signs of last seasons form. The Liverpool result was decent but the performance against Hull which I watched was all over the place. In football you never know but we should be beating them. If we can score more than 1 goal against them we will.

• Advertisement

second-goal.png

13 seconds from the throw in to Zlatan's first goal against WBA.Last season it would have taken 13 minutes to get from one end of the field to the other.

They beat Hull and Burnley at home 1-0. Hardly signs of last seasons form. The Liverpool result was decent but the performance against Hull which I watched was all over the place. In football you never know but we should be beating them. If we can score more than 1 goal against them we will.

Well bet hull 1-0 drew with Burnley and Drew with pool.

No game in the premiership is a given.

My point is simple, results breed confidence and the more they win or continue on without losing the more confident they will get. They have players that's on their day can hurt anyone. Payet, Carroll, Valenca

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

If we're sending Everton Depay and Schneid I'd try and get Gueye in return, classy little player gets through a lot of the dirty work.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,559 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

If we're sending Everton Depay and Schneid I'd try and get Gueye in return, classy little player gets through a lot of the dirty work.

United would want to be looking at better options than him.He is no improvement on what's already at the club I would prefer TFM get time than buy a squad player.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,388 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

Sean Goss seems to have a similar style to Carrick. He is 21 though and didn't make it in the great LVG youth push of 2015 so probably not going to be given a chance to sink or swim in the first team.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Surely if you were to look for a player off Everton it would be Coleman? Who else do Everton have in a position that United could improve upon?

The only downside to United the past few weeks is that I would still like see us create 4-5 more chances, with couple more clear cut ones per game. But that should come hopefully.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,945 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

If we were to offload Depay/Shneiderlin/Fellaini how much would we get for the 3 of them? Must be touching 40mill, handy amount to put in the kitty

Can't see Fellaini leaving with game time he is getting

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,430 ✭✭✭secman

Is MOTD not on tonight?

BBC were a tad busy with SPOTY :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement