Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2017

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

as the saying goes "No Pic No Proof"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,948 ✭✭✭0gac3yjefb5sv7

Haha no chance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

Have met Roy Keane, John O Shea, Phil Babb, Jason McAteer, Robbie Keane, Ronnie Whelan and Pat Roche!!

Non football Lemmy, Phil Lynott, Lips from Anvil, Ian Gillan, Tony Iommi, Dee Snider.

Lynott was actually in a pub in Dalkey where the band I was in at the time were playing a gig. He came up to us after the gig for a chat and a couple of drinks. Memories I'll cherish forever.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

Pheonix10 wrote: »
    Got a selfie with LVG, Mata, Darmian. Does that count as meeting them?

If that counts, I see your lvg, mata and darmian, I raise you Ronaldo, Giggs, Scholes, beckham twice :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

adox wrote: »
    Have met Roy Keane, John O Shea, Phil Babb, Jason McAteer, Robbie Keane, Ronnie Whelan and Pat Roche!!

Non football Lemmy, Phil Lynott, Lips from Anvil, Ian Gillan, Tony Iommi, Dee Snider.

Lynott was actually in a pub in Dalkey where the band I was in at the time were playing a gig. He came up to us after the gig for a chat and a couple of drinks. Memories I'll cherish forever.

The non football ones are savage.

Brilliant memories to have.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

I'm bloody jealous..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,075 ✭✭✭IamtheWalrus

I met Roman Abramovich many moons ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,755 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

I have met no one associated with Manchester United, but did have a tweet read out on MUTV by Stewart Gardner.

I met Roman Abramovich many moons ago.

Really? Thought he would be fairly untouchable. Where you meet him?

• Advertisement

It is interesting to see that inconsistency isn't exclusive to reffing decisions now that the FA have said "Nothing to see here" in relation to Wenger's post-match comments at the weekend...

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11670/10702445/arsene-wenger-will-not-face-sanctions-from-fa-over-referee-comments-say-sky-sources

And about the referees, I was wrong after the Palace game last week - Craig Pawson didn't end up with a flag in his hand in one of the lower leagues at the weekend. He reffed Stoke v Leicester and sent off Jamie Vardy for something he failed to send Marcus Rojo off for just days before. It's not a surprise that some managers are incensed.

I like Jose's new adapted approach when he doesn't feel the ref had a good game - "no comment". Thankfully we haven't seen it after the last few games, with the team winning he has been full of praise for the refs in the post-match press conferences. Before leaving the pitch at the Hawthorn's on Saturday, Jose feverishly shook all the match officials' hands, then said in the presser that the ref was right not to take harsher action for Rondon's slap on Rojo. He spent a good minute and a half of the 5 minute presser praising the ref and young refs in general, including Pawson and Madley from our previous games. Imagine if United had have drawn or lost against WBA, that slap on Rojo could have been a stern "no comment".

With "no comment", it's perfect. The FA can't touch him at all. However, with the way it is delivered by Jose and the look in his eyes, nothing more needs to be said. Everyone knows that Jose is thinking, for right or wrong, something very bad. "No comment" leaves it to the imagination, and in the case of an angered Jose, that's probably darker than any other criticisms which would him see him leveled with a sanction .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,597 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

Met Sir Alex when I was a youngfella playing in the half time show in Landsdowne Road probably around the start of the 90's, got his autograph at the time. Had it for years after pinned to the wall. Lost it in a move and was distraught.

He told me he would sign me for United. He went and signed Peter Schmeichel instead pffft...

What could have been eh :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,075 ✭✭✭IamtheWalrus

bangkok wrote: »
    Really? Thought he would be fairly untouchable. Where you meet him?

In Dublin, on the street. Ireland were hosting Russia. Shook his hand and he smiled. Big burley minder with him. He's tiny.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Class!!

Wenger always blames the refs and always gets away with it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,559 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

Rossi IRL wrote: »

ah let him win that one

• Advertisement

That's amazing.

• Registered Users Posts: 527 ✭✭✭Lukekul

Back in 2012 I was teaching in a boarding school in Dublin. For a trip the students were going over to United vs QPR, I didn't need to be asked twice to supervise.

Day before the game we were meant to go see Old Trafford, i think to do a tour, but we were running behind on time.

That was the day of the unveiling of Fergies statue at OT, I got to see so many of my heroes in the flesh, Fergie, Ruud, Andy Cole and the reason I support United Peter Schmeichel.

I was like a feckin child myself seeing them all.

stankratz wrote: »
    That's amazing.

What's amazing is that I only recently realised that your user name is Stan Kratz.

I always read it as Stank Ratz.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭uncleoswald

Rossi IRL wrote: »
    Managers are always blaming refs for getting decisions wrong. That is allowed but Jose goes a bit beyond that. He knows what he is doing and this "Oh I can't talk about refs anymore" martyr act is annoying.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,948 ✭✭✭0gac3yjefb5sv7

How the **** are Liverpool ahead of us in the league... Literally none of them would get our team. Maybe not even the squad.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

How the **** are Liverpool ahead of us in the league... Literally none of them would get our team. Maybe not even the squad.

A better start to the season and that's all.

Id happily take 1 or 2 of them for our squad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,519 ✭✭✭Flint Fredstone

Lukaku has a fair few stinkers in the big games.

Rod Munch wrote: »
    What's amazing is that I only recently realised that your user name is Stan Kratz.

I always read it as Stank Ratz.

:pac:

Stan was the original intention, but either way, it's a horrendous and ill-conceived username.

I bought a month-long sub on Boards recently in order to change it, but it turned out that the username I wanted was already taken, so I'm still Stan.

Nothing to do with the username, but I'm just after thinking of that Eminem tune 'Stan' for the first time in years. I'm not a big hip-hop fan, but that was a great song. Think it was almost Christmas #1 but for Bob The Builder. #shíttrivia

No doubt Rod Munch, your own username is a tribute to both the singer of Maggie May, and the artist of the 'The Scream' painting, yes?

stankratz wrote: »
    :pac:

Stan was the original intention, but either way, it's a horrendous and ill-conceived username.

I bought a month-long sub on Boards recently in order to change it, but it turned out that the username I wanted was already taken, so I'm still Stan.

Nothing to do with the username, but I'm just after thinking of that Eminem tune 'Stan' for the first time in years. I'm not a big hip-hop fan, but that was a great song. Think it was almost Christmas #1 but for Bob The Builder. #shíttrivia

No doubt Rod Munch, your own username is a tribute to both the singer of Maggie May, and the artist of the 'The Scream' painting, yes?

Hah, I wish it was that clever.

Its from Beavis and Butthead, Beavis gave his name as Rod Munch in an episode.

Its always tickled me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,843 ✭✭✭GSPfan

I honestly couldnt give a flying fook about meeting any football player or celebrity in general. The idea of having one of them scribble their name on a piece of paper is utterly bizarre to me. No disrespect meant to anyone who does like that stuff as its harmless fun but I just dont get it.

In 2009 when Dan Henderson was over for the UFC and training in my gym there was 2 nights in a row I drove him back to his hotel and talked about MMA and Ireland. Was great to meet him but he's just another guy.

Everton fans singing always the victim here in the derby. I didn't know that was a thing and I'm genuinely surprised here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Clyne, Mane and Henderson?

GSPfan wrote: »
    I honestly couldnt give a flying fook about meeting any football player or celebrity in general. The idea of having one of them scribble their name on a piece of paper is utterly bizarre to me. No disrespect meant to anyone who does like that stuff as its harmless fun but I just dont get it.

In 2009 when Dan Henderson was over for the UFC and training in my gym there was 2 nights in a row I drove him back to his hotel and talked about MMA and Ireland. Was great to meet him but he's just another guy.

Who the hell is Dan Anderson?!

Lukaku certainly not a big game player.

• Advertisement

Johner wrote: »

I'd take Clyne. Mané could be squeezed in somewhere. Wouldn't bother with Henderson though.

Mane would be the only player

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Who the hell is Dan Anderson?!

Ufc fighter.

Funny I'd take more from the Everton team.

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Mane would be the only player

Coutinho if fit as well

I'd take firminho in a heartbeat he is a versatile and exciting player to watch. I remember the banter flying when we got memphis and they ended up signing firminho instead most of us laughed..... oh how I wish it was the other way to round now.

Coutinho if fit as well

I don't think I'd a big game player at all. He has one shot in him and that's it so if you stop him from shooting outside the lefthand corner of the box most of his threat I'd nullified.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭Vertigo100

Told Russell Crowe to **** off one night when he asked me to turn the lights down in a bar/nightclub I was managing. He actually started laughing and said no one tells me that anymore.

He was actually sound. Loads more as well but that's the one story I really like.

Clyne would be the only one.Mane and definitely Henderson are no better than what United have.

• Advertisement

Would take Clyne, Firmino and at a push Mane

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

I wonder if barkleys shocking challenge will get as much coverage as rojo

yabadabado wrote: »
    Clyne would be the only one.Mane and definitely Henderson are no better than what United have.

Mane is class and would probably start for United. Henderson is unlikable but a fine footballer. Could replace Carrick in centre mid imo.

Henderson is unlikable but a fine footballer. Could replace Carrick in centre mid imo.

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Both of these teams are giving a great show of effort but not much else. Love the fact we're 6 points behind City in second. Thats mad considering how bad things were looking a month ago.

GSPfan wrote: »
    Both of these teams are giving a great show of effort but not much else. Love the fact we're 6 points behind City in second. Thats mad considering how bad things were looking a month ago.

It's like 2 virgins finally going at it. All frantic, huff and puff but it's not pretty.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,161 ✭✭✭jharr100

Buddy of mine who was in the FCA asked Mel Gibson for a ciggie when filming Braveheart all those years ago.. He said "C'mere Mel, you wouldn't have any spare fags would ya?" in his Cork accent. Mel duly handed him the rest of his packet..

Mane is class and would probably start for United. Henderson is unlikable but a fine footballer. Could replace Carrick in centre mid imo.

Sane is a good footballer but really don't see him as any upgrade nor a starter for United. Henderson just ain't much good and I don't really care if a player is unlikable.

Those 2 would be squad players at United and we have enough of those as it is .

Haha just I typed that Mane scores:pac:

I jinxed it. 7 points off Liverpool in 2nd.

yabadabado wrote: »
    Haha just I typed that Mane scores:pac:

Why did you do that. :mad:

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement