Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2017

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,576 ✭✭✭deaddonkey15

Deserved goal for Liverpool. Everton are poor.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,227 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

I can't even begrudge them that. Watching the match and Everton have put on one of the most pathetic performances I can remember in a while.

They are awful.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

J. Marston wrote: »
    I can't even begrudge them that. Watching the match and Everton have put on one of the most pathetic performances I can remember in a while.

They are awful.

They were that bad against us and got a draw the !"£"£!$£"$%"%$%£"$'s

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

Similar to arsenals 2nd half yesterday

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,654 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

J. Marston wrote: »

They are awful.

Martinez got a lot of unfair criticism around here. Koeman has been worse.

Headshot wrote: »

Martinez has them as bad as they are now. Fixing the mess he left will take a while.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

Rod Munch wrote: »
    What's amazing is that I only recently realised that your user name is Stan Kratz.

I always read it as Stank Ratz.

That makes two of us!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,006 ✭✭✭beno619

Anyone else thing the keepers positioning is questionable there ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

Feel like koeman has somewhat similar job to Jose has to unteach a lot of what his predecessor had the players doing.

beno619 wrote: »
    Anyone else thing the keepers positioning is questionable there ?

He pulled off a worldie a few minutes earlier so give him a pass on that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

Just hoping we take points off them in a couple of weeks time, could be crucial

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,519 ✭✭✭Flint Fredstone

If they play anything like they did tonight we should run out easy winners.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

They still have to play city before then if we keep winning we be flying again we play them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,597 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

Really felt like I was watching a repeat of the Spurs and Chelsea game last season when Spurs just decided to give up playing football..

That's a load of ****e to be honest

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

Let's focus on Sunderland first.

bangkok wrote: »
    Let's focus on Sunderland first.

Is that on the Telebox? I know it's a 3pm kick off

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,559 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

astradave wrote: »

No

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,516 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

astradave wrote: »

Fairly sure its the Sky Sports 5 (Irish special) game.

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Fairly sure its the Sky Sports 5 (Irish special) game.

Surely that only applies to Saturday games?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

5starpool wrote: »
    Surely that only applies to Saturday games?

It does.

United vs Sunderland isn't on any irish or uk channels.
    United vs Boro is on sky sports 5.

http://liveonsat.com/los_soc_br_premier_ONLY.php

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,559 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

Getting linked with Lindelof of Benfica.
    Don't know a whole lot about him probably only seen him play 3 or 4 times .
    Good player ?

Some more of that Zlatan humour at 1:48...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Looks like United are off to the States for the Summer tour.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,217 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

Martinez is ****ing cack, Koeman has a job on his hands to make them forget the last couple of years never mind anything else. I would have no worries about them long term under Koeman. Give him time to repair the damage done by that other clown.

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,217 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

yabadabado wrote: »
    Getting linked with Lindelof of Benfica.
    Don't know a whole lot about him probably only seen him play 3 or 4 times .
    Good player ?

Rumour first surfaced about a month ago I believe. Not seen a whole lot of him myself.

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

That was a big win for LFC last night and will be a massive confidence booster.

They will be be there or thereabouts for top 4, hopefully with Mane going to the ACON they will drop points in January.

As I said over the weekend, I think Arsenal are the most likely to fall out of the top 4.

All we can do is keep winning our games and everything else takes care of itself.

Top 4 is completely in our own hands.

They will be be there or thereabouts for top 4, hopefully with Mane going to the ACON they will drop points in January.

As I said over the weekend, I think Arsenal are the most likely to fall out of the top 4.

All we can do is keep winning our games and everything else takes care of itself.

Mane reminds me of Miki Ryan slightly. He's not as good but still has the attributes to turn a game. Good pace and finishing.

Not to drag off topic but I'd argue that Arsenal actually need that to happen if the fans want change at the club, I know no fan want to wish to not be in the top 4 but just looks like the board is content once they get 4th.

i think arsenal are in a very tough situation. if they fall out of the top 4, wenger will probaley leave and sanchez and ozil would follow.

Trying to replace wenger will be a huge task and im not sure many of the top caliber managers are available. As we all now know its been tough to replace a longstanding manager whos built the club up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Mane reminds me of Miki Ryan slightly. He's not as good but still has the attributes to turn a game. Good pace and finishing.

Not to drag off topic but I'd argue that Arsenal actually need that to happen if the fans want change at the club, I know no fan want to wish to not be in the top 4 but just looks like the board is content once they get 4th.

Mane is class and suits that Liverpool team to a tee. His pace is exactly what they need in attack.

I hate them as much as the next guy, but lets be honest- Mane would walk in to the United XI. Blistering pace off the wing? Yes please.

• Advertisement

Fellaini could be off to Milan according to this mornings papers and other gossip is that the club are willing to take a massive hit on Depay and sell him for half of what they paid for him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

As an Arsenal fan I can say that is categorically not going to happen.

Arsenal under Wenger will never win anything if real significance and never drop out of the top four.

Maybe this is the year it changes but it never does, either way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

gosplan wrote: »

Arsenal under Wenger will never win anything if real significance and never drop out of the top four.

Yer a bit all over the place there amigo.

They categorically won't.

Maybe this year that changes.

But it won't.

:confused:

:pac:

Maybe they won't but as I said, based on what I've seen thus far they are IMO the most likely to fall off.

You what???

Gosplan be tripping.

But maybe he's not.

But he definitely is.

Jayop wrote: »
    Gosplan be tripping.

But maybe he's not.

But he definitely is.

Maybe Gosplan is Claude on arsenal tv.

zerks wrote: »
    Maybe Gosplan is Claude on arsenal tv.

Absolutely no chance.

Unless he is.

(OK I know I made the same crap joke twice but I couldn't resist.)

Sky sports have it as breaking news now 24 hours after it breaking haha

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

Heard that Middlesborough nearly singed Lindeloft last January for around 4 mill.

• Advertisement

You'd have to assume someone is on the way out. We have 4/5 first team cb's now and this guy will be 6. Probably 2 too many.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,948 ✭✭✭0gac3yjefb5sv7

jayo26 wrote: »
    Sky sports have it as breaking news now 24 hours after it breaking haha

No on the app yet? Presume that will take another 24 hrs to update

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

I'll believe it when it's on BBC Sports..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

Yer a bit all over the place there amigo.

They categorically won't.

Maybe this year that changes.

But it won't.

:confused:

:pac:

Maybe they won't but as I said, based on what I've seen thus far they are IMO the most likely to fall off.

That's me throwing a 'your opinion could be valid' bone. You need to do that when you come in here or you get the Liverpool reaction.

But it's nailed on. Arsenal to be OK but not really impressive and secure somewhere between 2-4 spot.

Pheonix10 wrote: »
    No on the app yet? Presume that will take another 24 hrs to update

Yhh I think they have zerks looking after the app :)

• Registered Users Posts: 33,755 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

On the Paddy Crerand show they said Zlatan was raving about how good Lindelof is.

That's me throwing a 'your opinion could be valid' bone. You need to do that when you come in here or you get the Liverpool reaction.

But it's nailed on. Arsenal to be OK but not really impressive and secure somewhere between 2-4 spot.

Nah even most Liverpool fans don't get the Liverpool reaction is they come in to genuinely debate. Emmetkenny was in here a week back and had a good back and forth with no one frothing at the mouth. You're as entitled to your opinion as anyone else, and in fairness to you there's justification in what you say. Arsenal always finish in the top 4. However so did United (usually above arsenal) and that all changed a few years ago. The top four now is more competitive than ever and just thinking you'll get it because you always did is a huge folly.

Chelsea look like certs. Liverpool as much as it pains me have a great chance. Arsenal will be there or there abouts. City should be in there. United are getting closer.

5 can't go into 4 and one of those have to lose out and apart from Chelsea it could easily be any one of the other 4.

ive just realised that jayop and jayo26 are two different posters :pac:

sky88 wrote: »
    ive just realised that jayop and jayo26 are two different posters :pac:

But are we?

• Advertisement

To be fair the only thing I can see being "nailed on" is Chelsea winning the league. Anyone from 2nd to 6th could be in the top 4. Plenty of football left to play but I don't think any team in those positions are safe to stay there tbh.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement