Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2017

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

zerks wrote:
    Fellaini photographed in Italy the morning after being linked with a move to one of the Milan clubs..........

What has Bangkok's Turin connection to say...

Maybe that's who Bangkok got friend zoned for

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,075 ✭✭✭IamtheWalrus

I have no issue with Feliani throwing the odd elbow. It's cheating but so is the 'go down in the area if touched'. Utd have missed the type of player who gets stuck in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,006 ✭✭✭beno619

jayo26 wrote: »
    Keane never did it without reason he always knew what he was doing it was either to drive on the team or stamp his mark on an opponent or to gain revenge but fellaini looks like he could happy slap someone running around the pitch.

Eitherway Keane was one of the top top midfielders of his generation he was worth any extra agro up until near the time he was finished at the club.

BS tbh.

Scummy play is scummy play regardless of how highly the player is regarded.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

beno619 wrote: »
    BS tbh.

Scummy play is scummy play regardless of how highly the player is regarded.

I never said it wasn't scummy play or never said I agreed with it I'm saying because he was so good it was put up with.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,654 ✭✭✭✭Sand

I never said it wasn't scummy play or never said I agreed with it I'm saying because he was so good it was put up with.

I think its slightly more than just putting up with it: people saying he was a warrior, or that he did what he did to drive on the team or stamp his mark on an opponent as if he was making a sacrifice for the team. He was a great player, with a ferocious fear of failure and temper which he kept a check on most of the time. Sometimes he lost his temper, and got carded for it.

The only behaviour from Keane I found really problematic was the Haaland 'assault'. That wasn't Keane losing his temper - that was cold, and putting his own need for vengeance for some petty slight a year previously over the team's interests.

I cant see Fellaini doing anything as cold as that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,409 ✭✭✭fergiesfolly

Keane played in a different era, where hard players were the norm. Keane's play was "hard" rather than dirty. I can't remember him elbowing anyone, or other such tackles.
    Keane did commit professional fouls, but in the main, they didn't cause injury( I know, I know, Haaland) and he took any punishment as a given.
    He had grudge battles against certain players, ie Viera and Shearer, but they were all as bad as each other.
    Keane's physicality was a gee up for his players and warning to the opposition.
    Fellani's is wreckless, dangerous and only purpose is to give away frees and gee up the opposition.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

Keane played in a different era, where hard players were the norm. Keane's play was "hard" rather than dirty. I can't remember him elbowing anyone, or other such tackles.
    Keane did commit professional fouls, but in the main, they didn't cause injury( I know, I know, Haaland) and he took any punishment as a given.
    He had grudge battles against certain players, ie Viera and Shearer, but they were all as bad as each other.
    Fellani's is wreckless, dangerous and only purpose is to give away frees and gee up the opposition.

Keane's tackle on Halland did not end his career.

It was injury to the other leg that caused his retirement.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

Keane elbowed McAteer, swung a punch at Shearer, tore his ligament when trying to get retribution and kicked Haaland in retribution for that. He regularly did incredibly moronic things that cost his team. Luckily he was ****ing brilliant at football so more than made up for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,366 ✭✭✭Robson99

Has he conducted himself any worse the Keane did back in the day ?

Genuine question as im too young to have seen Keane in his pomp.

Please do not put Fellani and Keano in the one sentence unless you are comparing chalk and cheese.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

Sorry lads, not around today, had to fly someone to Milan.....

Sand wrote: »
    I think its slightly more than just putting up with it: people saying he was a warrior, or that he did what he did to drive on the team or stamp his mark on an opponent as if he was making a sacrifice for the team. He was a great player, with a ferocious fear of failure and temper which he kept a check on most of the time. Sometimes he lost his temper, and got carded for it.

The only behaviour from Keane I found really problematic was the Haaland 'assault'. That wasn't Keane losing his temper - that was cold, and putting his own need for vengeance for some petty slight a year previously over the team's interests.

I cant see Fellaini doing anything as cold as that.

I totally agree with you and Keane is still one of my favourite players ever I loved watching him play I was making the point keane was accepted because he was so good same as was cantona people always forgave him and he was a God even though he assaulted a supporter where as fellaini isn't anywhere near that level while he will also just let loose with his arms at the most random times.

For example I'll say the Liverpool game two players running aloft the ball and in the last minutes of a game we are trying to see out he let's loose with a completely needless elbow.

Fellaini with his arms just does not make sense tof me where as Keane I could see he was been evil with Haland there was a reason behind it bit it still wasn't right.

bangkok wrote: »

Classic bangkok <3

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,492 ✭✭✭bennyineire

Well at least yez have stopped talking about Liverpool. :pac:
    Can't blame the chap for wanting to go, think he would do well in Italy.
    Can't see him every winning the UTD fans over at this stage and will always be a scapegoat whens things go wrong (which they will)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

Can't see him every winning the UTD fans over at this stage and will always be a scapegoat whens things go wrong (which they will)

Ha That the best you can do

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,597 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

I would absolutely love it, if the big Fella was only in Milan on holidays :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,519 ✭✭✭Flint Fredstone

At least ye've stopped talking about Liverpool says the Liverpool fan who has obviously been following the United thread very closely.

Hypocrisy and irony are just lost on some people :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,843 ✭✭✭GSPfan

I am obviously way off the mark as no one seems to think he can do a good job but could Daley Blind do what Carrick does in this 3 man midfield? He has obvious defensive qualities from his time as a left back and centre back and is also a very good passer of the ball. He would be faster than Carrick so speed isnt an issue and he definitely is better under pressure than Carrick. I just dont get why he wouldnt be an option there but It doesnt seem like Jose or anyone else agrees.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,492 ✭✭✭bennyineire

At least ye've stopped talking about Liverpool says the Liverpool fan who has obviously been following the United thread very closely.

Hypocrisy and irony are just lost on some people :pac:

I really enjoyed this early Christmas cracker from you
    "If they play anything like they did tonight we should run out easy winners"

You seem to have forgotten Man U's home form this year very quickly, 1 win in the last 5 league is it ?

I really enjoyed this early Christmas cracker from you
    "If they play anything like they did tonight we should run out easy winners"

You seem to have forgotten Man U's home form this year very quickly, 1 win in the last 5 league is it ?

Glad you are enjoying following the thread so closely and at the same trying insinuating that we are obsessed with Liverpool.
    Has that hypocrisy found you yet?

I'd put my house on it, the first thing Benny did after the final whistle was to go and see what the United lads thought of that :pac:

• Advertisement

Listen Benjamin. If United continue on as they have been playing over the last few weeks and Liverpool turn up and play like they did last night, I would expect United to run out easy winners.
    Hardly an off the wall opinion to hold.

astradave wrote: »

Can't see him going in jan, think he may move there in the summer and they were just over checking out the place, having some discussions

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

13e0cd91521115b9d148fb9681c31071.png

"close friend"

GSPfan wrote: »
    I am obviously way off the mark as no one seems to think he can do a good job but could Daley Blind do what Carrick does in this 3 man midfield?

Was constantly caught out off position under LVG.

I also wouldn't say with any certainty that he's faster than Carrick.

I'd love it if it turned out to be his brother

I'd love it if it turned out to be his brother

They were both there 😂 hard to miss.. both have the same head!

They were both there 😂 hard to miss.. both have the same head!

Yhh only seen the tweet after I post it damn.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,559 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

Pathetic :o

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

13e0cd91521115b9d148fb9681c31071.png

"close friend"

So thats what bangkok looks like

adox wrote: »
    David Luiz being a massive part of a brilliant defence is the main part I can't get my head around.

He made both Neville and carraghers team of the year so far last night and Jamie redknapp has said he is the best defender in the league.

• Advertisement

Rossi IRL wrote: »
    So thats what bangkok looks like

3 lads look like they are up to no good

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,654 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

They started making trouble in the neighborhood
    Felliani got into a little fight and Jose got scared
    He said 'You're movin' with your Brother and agent to Milan

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,843 ✭✭✭GSPfan

Was constantly caught out off position under LVG.

I also wouldn't say with any certainty that he's faster than Carrick.

I don't know about the out of position thing as he didn't play in midfield much and United were an absolute shambles at the start of LVG's reign with the 532 stuff. Considering how well he has done at Centre Back for the last year or two I would assume he can handle Carricks role which is effectively a Centre Half who plays out from the back with license to roam forward every now and again.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Ya its like they are planning a hit on someone :D

Belgian Mafia

Ah lads I cant agree that someones ability as a footballer makes there bad actions on the pitch more acceptable. Keano was my favorite player ever at united but he had a streak in him worse then Fellaini.

Fellaini looks abit awkward and clumsy and he does play hard its just a really bad combo. He is the one player I hoped could learn from Zlatan, as he is built as big as him but uses his size intelligently.

Since we signed Fellaini Ive watched especially tall players and its like anything its a weapon if used right. Crouch is all arms like Fellaini but as he is stick thin never got much abuse about being dirty but gave away lots of frees. Andy Carrol uses his size well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

The morning papers folks..

United have opened talks over signing £60 million Griezmann.

West Ham to enquire about Rashford or Martial on loan.

James Rodriguez spotted in British embassy in Colombia fuelling rumours of a transfer to United or Chelsea.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,654 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

zerks wrote: »
    The morning papers folks..

United have opened talks over signing £60 million Griezmann.

James Rodriguez spotted in British embassy in Colombia fuelling rumours of a transfer to United or Chelsea.

That West Ham link made me laugh

No chance in hell, they got no chance, no chance in hell

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,217 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

Keane very rarely got in to trouble later in his career, a lot of his wilder stuff was done in his younger days and football was a different landscape then in England.

He often played on the edge (particularly in the big games) because he needed that to drive himself and the team on but it was not always full on aggression like the highlight reels would show or the caricature , and you cannot argue with the results it produced. He was a warrior, he was combative but he was not a thug. Comparisons to Fellaini are well wide of the mark, and it is not just that Keanes ability made up for his misdemeanors.

By the by, as we are sort of discussing football hardmen I have been waiting ages to try make this one relevant to the thread Bonucci is a headcase!

Old story alert!

http://www.gazzetta.it/Calcio/Squadre/Juventus/20-10-2012/bonucci-aggredito-reagisce-pugno-rapinatore-che-scappa-912961418231.shtml

Basic translation

Bonucci and his family were at a Ferrari showroom, when they returned to their car an armed man pulled a gun to Bonucci's face telling him to "give me your watch!" Bonucci punched the man and chased him down the street as the robber got away on his accomplice's bike.

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

Headshot wrote: »
    That West Ham link made me laugh

No chance in hell, they got no chance, no chance in hell

Especially as another paper says contract talks are on hold with Bilic over their poor start to the league. Papers never refuse ink.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,217 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

I expect City to become pretty consistent again over the coming weeks, and a large part will be down to them setting up more like they were at the beginning of the season rather then how things have been because he wants to work Gundogan into the team. I know I am not alone in that thinking, I know City fans who have bemoaned the shoehorning of him even though he is a great player they thought the team was playing better before the change, the system fit better, just wondering will Pep be heralded as a genius again or will it be pointed out that he only "stumbled" onto a winning formula due to his hand being forced by the injury?

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

He was a warrior, he was combative but he was not a thug. Comparisons to Fellaini are well wide of the mark, and it is not just that Keanes ability made up for his misdemeanors.

I think the narrative that Fellaini is a thug and "worse" than Keane in terms of on field behaviour is wide of the mark.

It's sorta like Liverpool fans trying to justify Saurezs actions over his career.

We should be able to look past the red & green tinted glasses and call it what it is.

It doesn't take away from his greatness.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Telegraph saying West Ham want Martial or Rashford on loan.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,317 ✭✭✭HigginsJ

Lord TSC wrote: »

I would not mind Rashford going to West Ham, he should have little trouble being 1st choice there as they have little to nothing up front.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

He made both Neville and carraghers team of the year so far last night and Jamie redknapp has said he is the best defender in the league.

Couldnt give a ****

For a mod you don't pay much attention to the thread :P even Zerks got in there before you :D

We are also enquiring about Griezmann apparently. We play West ham first in Jan so if we picked up Griezmann I wouldn't mind Rashford heading there and helping West ham taking points off the rest of the league

• Advertisement

What channel is the match on at the weekend? (non-UK I assume)

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    What channel is the match on at the weekend? (non-UK I assume)

This will tell ya them all. It's not up on much on that yet but check on the day.. will probably be on Bein anyways

http://liveonsat.com/los_soc_br_eng_ALL.php

• Registered Users Posts: 6,586 ✭✭✭jaykay74

League Cup, Europa, FA cup & league matches coming up. Not to mention being nice to West Ham. Don't think so. :D

Theres a Depay for sale though if they are interested

I'm getting back in form with the breaking news,posted that last night.;)
    Where's Jayo and astradave now? :)

I'm getting back in form with the breaking news,posted that last night.;)
    Where's Jayo and astradave now? :)

About 4 posts up ;)

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement