Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2017

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,948 ✭✭✭0gac3yjefb5sv7

Predictions for Monday? Hoping for 3.0, REALLY hope we don't slip up and draw.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Headshot wrote: »
    We don't need Lukaku and plus I would have my doubts about him anyway

Everton don't really have anyone good enough for utd.

Can i ask what doubts you could have about him? He is young and scores goals in an average team? Is strong with decent pace...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭Whatsisname

Pheonix10 wrote: »
    Predictions for Monday? Hoping for 3.0, REALLY hope we don't slip up and draw.

We're 100% getting beat 1-0.

giphy.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭jambofc

We're 100% getting beat 1-0.

giphy.gif

makes me feel sick looking at that again :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,597 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

jayo26 wrote: »
    Can i ask what doubts you could have about him? He is young and scores goals in an average team? Is strong with decent pace...

Could have swore you were talking about Benteke there ;)

astradave wrote: »
    Could have swore you were talking about Benteke there ;)

Bentekkers was ruined by Liverpool haha he was never going to suit that team i remember saying it before he even played for them.

Bentekkers was ruined by Liverpool haha he was never going to suit that team i remember saying it before he even played for them.

My point is Crystal Palace is his level and you can't be certain that Lukaku will make the step up. It's a big risk to take for the money touted

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Semis to be some harsh words coming from a Moyes interview that will be released soon :/

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Semis to be some harsh words coming from a Moyes interview that will be released soon :/

https://twitter.com/hendopolis/status/812414397125656576

https://twitter.com/hendopolis/status/812409910206103552

He has a serious chip on his shoulder these days. I really hope we smash Sunderland.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,075 ✭✭✭IamtheWalrus

jambofc wrote: »

2-all to Fulham :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,228 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Jesus, Dave. Let it go, man.

My point is Crystal Palace is his level and you can't be certain that Lukaku will make the step up. It's a big risk to take for the money touted

His level is alot higher then palace in my opinion but anyway Lukaku is a total different player there is no guarantee that Griezman would settle and score goals in England either where as Lukaku has.

Dave can't talk about traditions he ruined a clubs opinions of him in one sentence saying we aspire to be like city.

Sorry that's fuken trash dave we have traditions but it'a not based on cross town rivals with all due respect to them.

It was him that messed up the summer transfer that year you can blame Woodward all u want but he has shown he can get deals done but dave couldn't make his mind on who he wanted apart from two players from his old club and the most expensive player in the world that summer that was moving to the club of his dreams instead of Us.

I feel all your angers are directed at me, at least refer to him as dithering dave or David :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,017 ✭✭✭sReq | uTeK

Moyes....even without those players he should have done a lot better.

He's becoming a joke now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Unearthly

The video was edited to make it look like he was celebrating a draw. It was 2-1 at the time.

The equaliser happened in stoppage time

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭Ulysses Gaze

He has a serious chip on his shoulder these days. I really hope we smash Sunderland.

He had a chance to rebuild his rep in Spain and failed miserably.

Sunderland is his level.

At Utd, it was always a case of the Peter principle. He should learn to accept this, keep his mouth shut and just get on with the job he has.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

He doesn't really... We DID bid a world record fee for bale. Kroos was in the bag and changed his mind last minute.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,389 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

Moyes is right. At the same time the game has changed. There was no reason not to give him the next Summer to build a team. LVG sold a team that would have title winning potential at the moment.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,217 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

There was at least 1 pretty good reason....

(Course, everybody knows there was plenty more then 1 but just for the sake of argument!)

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

bangkok wrote: »
    He doesn't really... We DID bid a world record fee for bale. Kroos was in the bag and changed his mind last minute.

I think the point is, so fcuking what.

If I picked the winning lottery numbers I'd be a millionaire.

He is just bitter that by some distance, the high point of his career was having the United job for those few months.

Everyone and their dog knew he was a terrible appointment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

Moyes got swallowed up by the job and the players never took to him.

If the board had the balls(instead of being impotent in their decision making)to sack him earlier than they did the club mightn't be so far off course as it is.

Of course Van Gaal played a huge role in it all afterwards with his stupid ripping up of the squad and putrid football but Moyes for a ni,her of reasons was pure poison for the club, and was unfortunately left to fester there for far too long.

bangkok wrote: »

No I don't think Kroos was in the bag that summer from what I remembered David had him lined up the summer he got sacked but LVG vetoed the deal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

Just watched the highlights of us VS Sunderland at home in the 11/12 season.

We won thanks to a Wes Brown own goal in the first half.

Jaysus it was a grind of a game.

To hear some of our detractors one would think we were like Brazil all the time under Fergie, the much vaunted, United way.

Good illustration that we won games ugly many times under SAF.

I have such a positive feeling about the current squad and manager, lads and lassies.

There is so much quality on and off the field, with the backing of the board and muscle in the transfer market to go for whomever Jose wants.

We are lacking in one or two spots on field but overall, I think the squad is in better shape than its been in more than 5 or 6 years.

Here's to a winning Christmas and New Year period for us.

Hope all of you have a happy Christmas and a safe New Year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Daily Mirror. Chinese club offer Rooney £700k a week.
    Valencia are looking at a bid of £14 million for Rojo.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,843 ✭✭✭GSPfan

zerks wrote: »

Sell sell sell sell sell.

I think Jose's greatest achievement to date is that Rooney's role in the team is based on current performance. I trust him completely as Uniteds manager. Haven't felt that way since Fergie.

GSPfan wrote: »
    Sell sell sell sell sell.

Going by current form and squad depth Rojo is worth alot more then 14 million to us he has been decent at cb and no need to get rid of him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

zerks wrote: »

Surely he's worth 60 million aswell. That's only penny's for Rojo and he finally looks like a pro footballer so I'd hold him

• Registered Users Posts: 2,406 ✭✭✭Korat

Merry Christmas folks. I hope you all have a great weekend. :)

• Advertisement

Going by current form and squad depth Rojo is worth alot more then 14 million to us he has been decent at cb and no need to get rid of him.

I actually like Rojo. Always have as I think he loves playing for United. It was moreso the Rooney part.

08a820d8d8ffe5cf5.gif

I'm sure this has been discussed, not a frequent poster here. But as things look to be coming together quite a bit for Utd after that Chelsea game, is there still a bit of a concern how reliant Utd are on Zlatan for goals? If he were to get injured we could see a real struggle to get goals imo. I'm optimistic about top 4 now I have to say, only 7 points off second place and winning games again. Could well be 5 in a row in the league by the new year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,294 ✭✭✭LiamoSail

Sacking Moyes was the right thing for United to do, none the less, he's is justified in his bitterness.

He left a stable job at a big club to take the United job on the assurance that he'd be given time. His approach to the job, his transfer activity and his decisions regarding staff were no doubt shaped by this assurance. I think it's obvious that anyones methods are going to be influenced by whether their goals are long or short term. Moyes was considering the long term and was judged by the short.

United were right to sack him. The issue however is that they recruited a guy and sold him what was the rhetoric of the time; tradition, giving the manager time etc. Perhaps it should have been made absolutely clear that it was a case of top IV or bust, but I think poor management from United allowed the assumption to hold that it would be a near seamless transition, and the notion of the absolute collapse under Moyes was never properly considered.

Like any manager, Moyes is a confident guy and will have believed he could have succeeded. It's understandable he'd be bitter to see subsequent managers throw around the sort of cash Mourinho has when the best the board could muster him was Fellaini.

Unearthly wrote: »
    The video was edited to make it look like he was celebrating a draw. It was 2-1 at the time.

The equaliser happened in stoppage time

eh yep exactly celebrating an equaliser against Fulham

• Registered Users Posts: 3,576 ✭✭✭deaddonkey15

eh yep exactly celebrating an equaliser against Fulham

Fulham equalised against us.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

If its true that the deal for Toni Kroos was done but that Van Gaal vetoed it when he arrived, than that was just criminally ****ing stupid. Par for the course from Van Gaal I guess.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

If its true that the deal for Toni Kroos was done but that Van Gaal vetoed it when he arrived, than that was just criminally ****ing stupid. Par for the course from Van Gaal I guess.

Kroos probably didn't want to play under van gaal again.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,755 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Yeah it was said at the time that neither LVG or Kroos liked each other.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

Lucas Hood wrote: »
    Kroos probably didn't want to play under van gaal again.

Par for the course for Van Gaal I guess! ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

Happy christmas one and all

https://goo.gl/images/GwRAx5

Fulham equalised against us.

Yep my bad i ment takeing the lead his highlight of his time at ot

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

Merry Christmas to one and all on here. I've had a pretty horrible 2016 so looking forward to happier times in 2017.

Despite the league position the future looks bright for the club and I will go into the new year full of optimism.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,404 ✭✭✭xtal191

Merry Christmas lads and lasses

ibra-noel.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Happy Christmas to all

• Registered Users Posts: 1,378 ✭✭✭Brendan Flowers

Regarding Moyes comments, so he is of the opinion that because the club now feels "the need to impose themselves in the transfer market" (along with no longer hiring British managers) that Man Utd are losing their tradition? Can someone clear this up for me if Im missing something very obvious but all I can see is some serious contradictions here from Moyes. In his short time at Utd he broke the club transfer record and in this very same article has stated he tried to break the world transfer record with Bale! What was his opinion on these so called traditions then?? :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,006 ✭✭✭beno619

In his short time at Utd he broke the club transfer record and in this very same article has stated he tried to break the world transfer record with Bale! What was his opinion on these so called traditions then?? :confused:

Yes he's all over the shop. Couldn't help but laugh when reading the qoutes this morning.

Not worth paying attention to, hopefully we smash Sunderland on Monday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,294 ✭✭✭LiamoSail

Regarding Moyes comments, so he is of the opinion that because the club now feels "the need to impose themselves in the transfer market" (along with no longer hiring British managers) that Man Utd are losing their tradition? Can someone clear this up for me if Im missing something very obvious but all I can see is some serious contradictions here from Moyes. In his short time at Utd he broke the club transfer record and in this very same article has stated he tried to break the world transfer record with Bale! What was his opinion on these so called traditions then?? :confused:

United have, since the 90's anyway, regularly paid record fees. Was Robson a British record? Keane and Cole certainly were while Veron and Ferdinand were also records of some sort.

Presumably what Moyes is referring to is how United never behaved like Chelsea or City do in the market, which is what they're doing now. Personally, I think they're right to do it, the club have the money.

But Moyes is right in the sense that how United deal with managers and spend in the transfer market is in contrast to what Ferguson used claim was the United way. I remember that word value being used regularly.

It's no bad thing though; you can have your traditions, millions in the bank and Tom Cleverly starting in midfield. Personally I'd prefer an empty bank account with Paul Pogba starting if I were a United fan, even if that is in stark contrast to the rhetoric of a few years ago

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,519 ✭✭✭Flint Fredstone

Happy Christmas lads and lassies. Hope all goes well for you all, on and off the field.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement