Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2017

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,755 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

LiamoSail wrote: »
    United have, since the 90's anyway, regularly paid record fees. Was Robson a British record? Keane and Cole certainly were while Veron and Ferdinand were also records of some sort.

Presumably what Moyes is referring to is how United never behaved like Chelsea or City do in the market, which is what they're doing now. Personally, I think they're right to do it, the club have the money.

But Moyes is right in the sense that how United deal with managers and spend in the transfer market is in contrast to what Ferguson used claim was the United way. I remember that word value being used regularly.

It's no bad thing though; you can have your traditions, millions in the bank and Tom Cleverly starting in midfield. Personally I'd prefer an empty bank account with Paul Pogba starting if I were a United fan, even if that is in stark contrast to the rhetoric of a few years ago

Fergie talking about the United way was very convenient for Fergie, as he was unsackable after all the success.
    Yes he was given a chance, but back then the money in the game was far smaller in the late 80's, early 90s.
    Running a club the size of United is big business, apart from it being sport.

btw I agree with most of what you posted.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,406 ✭✭✭Korat

RobertKK wrote: »
    Fergie talking about the United way was very convenient for Fergie, as he was unsackable after all the success.
    Yes he was given a chance, but back then the money in the game was far smaller in the late 80's, early 90s.
    Running a club the size of United is big business, apart from it being sport.

btw I agree with most of what you posted.

He set in motion the debt laden Glazer era over a f*cking horse. He'll always be a legend but he speaks from no moral high ground when it comes to the club's current situation..

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,596 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

LiamoSail wrote: »
    Like any manager, Moyes is a confident guy and will have believed he could have succeeded. It's understandable he'd be bitter to see subsequent managers throw around the sort of cash Mourinho has when the best the board could muster him was Fellaini.

Don't forget Mata

Scrap the cap!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,406 ✭✭✭Korat

Don't forget Mata

The most fearful Utd right winger since Mike Phelan.

Not joking, Mike Phelan did actually play there in a 4-4-2 in the Fergie near getting sacked days. :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,294 ✭✭✭LiamoSail

Don't forget Mata

The train was well and truly off the rails by the time Mata arrived

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,596 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

True but he can't complain he wasn't being backed by the club when we broke the club record to sign a player for him

Scrap the cap!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,135 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Mata wasn't a Moyes signing imo

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

MUTV free on Sky 418! Woo hoo!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Tyson Fury wrote: »
    Mata wasn't a Moyes signing imo

I think it was widely reported at the time that he was a Woodward signing. In retrospect, I'd say Woodward was getting frustrated by Moyes and his flaws, so tried to do something to help in some way.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

Mata was definitely a signing that Moyes was fully on board with. I remember him speaking extensively about it at the time.

He also met Mata the moment he got off a private helicopter in Manchester. If that isn't proof of his enthusiasm for the signing, I don't know what is!

There are claims that Woodward still wants Neymar and that Neymar's new contract was a patch up job between player and club more than anything else.
    Duncan Castles had this story earlier this month, saying United are prepared to pay the £180 million fee if Neymar decides to leave.
    His agent claimed he came close to leaving Barcelona during the past summer.
    He is also looking for Barcelona to pay him compensation for loss of earnings over the tax problems his transfer to Barcelona caused.
    http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/manchester-united-eye-neymar-stunning-9362711

The thing is while United want Neymar, it has no effect on United wanting to sign Griezmann, it is not a case of either one or the other.
    Maybe Neymar was open to moving to United, but not Europa League, and that is why his new contract with Barcelona is referred to as a sticking plaster.
    Hey, it is Christmas, and I hope everyone has a safe, healthy and Happy Christmas.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,017 ✭✭✭sReq | uTeK

There are claims that Woodward still wants Neymar and that Neymar's new contract was a patch up job between player and club more than anything else.
    Duncan Castles had this story earlier this month, saying United are prepared to pay the £180 million fee if Neymar decides to leave.
    His agent claimed he came close to leaving Barcelona during the past summer.
    He is also looking for Barcelona to pay him compensation for loss of earnings over the tax problems his transfer to Barcelona caused.
    http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/manchester-united-eye-neymar-stunning-9362711

The thing is while United want Neymar, it has no effect on United wanting to sign Griezmann, it is not a case of either one or the other.
    Maybe Neymar was open to moving to United, but not Europa League, and that is why his new contract with Barcelona is referred to as a sticking plaster.
    Hey, it is Christmas, and I hope everyone has a safe, healthy and Happy Christmas.

I'd have Greizeman any day of the week over Neymar.

Feck it, get both.

Either would be great but that fact that Greiezman is a Utd fan swings it.

Zaha is rumoured to be wanted by Liverpool.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,075 ✭✭✭IamtheWalrus

Misguided.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭Donnielighto

Happy Halloween Zerks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Happy Halloween Zerks

I hope the Easter Bunny comes to all of you tonight.

Zaha is rumoured to be wanted by Liverpool.

They can have him, he is pants

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,843 ✭✭✭GSPfan

Zaha is unbelievably overrated. We fell for it, id be surprised if anyone else does.

I would feel sorry for Neymar if he joined us. The football that Suarez, Messi, and him are playing at Barca is outrageous at times. They should just stay were they are and be thankful they can all play together. Leaving Barcelona is a brave thing to do as its undoubtedly going to be a step down in quality of team mates.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

Happy Christmas everyone :)

Happy Christmas to you all. Enjoy the day, we go again tomorrow!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,582 ✭✭✭NoviGlitzko

Happy christmas ya filthy animals!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,949 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Merry Christmas!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,304 ✭✭✭madcabbage

Merry Christmas boys!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

I had high hopes for Zaha when he signed and I do think that if SAF stayed he would be a different player.

He was an immensely talented young man that didn't work out unfortunately.

I hope he doesn't join the Scouse as I still think there is a very good potential player in him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,395 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Rod Munch wrote: »
    I had high hopes for Zaha when he signed and I do think that if SAF stayed he would be a different player.

He was an immensely talented young man that didn't work out unfortunately.

I hope he doesn't join the Scouse as I still think there is a very good potential player in him.

I highly doubt he'll join us. He's getting game time with Palace but he will not be a starter for us.

He'd have Mane, Firmino and Counthio to edge out of the starting line up and I think Origi and Sturridge would be first choice to fill in if any of the others are out.

To be honest I'd rather give Ojo a run when back from injury rather than spend money on Zaha.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

I don't get the Zaha praise at all he mentioned to be in the form of hisome life but he looked average when I seen him against us and Chelsea I think it was.

Ms jayo surprised me with 2 tickets for the pool game on the 15th looks like it's off to Manchester again for me grhhh :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,395 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

jayo26 wrote: »
    I don't get the Zaha praise at all he mentioned to be in the form of hisome life but he looked average when I seen him against us and Chelsea I think it was.

Ms jayo surprised me with 2 tickets for the pool game on the 15th looks like it's off to Manchester again for me grhhh :)

A guy in work with me is heading over as well. Enjoy man, but I hope yous lose :pac:

• Advertisement

Mrs Jayo winning the prize for best Christmas present.
    Enjoy,don't forget though,she'll have you dragged to the January sales over there.

zerks wrote: »
    Mrs Jayo winning the prize for best Christmas present.
    Enjoy,don't forget though,she'll have you dragged to the January sales over there.

That's the unfortunate thing about it she ain't coming this time :( .......... :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,228 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Merry Christmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭Thepoet85

Merry Christmas all :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,948 ✭✭✭0gac3yjefb5sv7

Merry Christmas, does anyone nearly prefer Stephens day for the football?😎

Steve Bates of the Mirror saying Rooney has offers from two Chinese clubs, who would pay him £700,000 a year.

While other reports in Portugal are saying the Lindelof deal is being held up because Benfica don't want to pay the sell on fee they have with a smaller club they got him from. :/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,383 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

700,000 a week :D

I think it would be a good deal for all parties if it were to happen in the summer.

I think Mourinho and Rooney should be applauded for how they've handled the situation this season.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Steve Bates of the Mirror saying Rooney has offers from two Chinese clubs, who would pay him £700,000 a year.

While other reports in Portugal are saying the Lindelof deal is being held up because Benfica don't want to pay the sell on fee they have with a smaller club they got him from. :/

Surly that's a weekly wage not yearly

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

jayo26 wrote:
    Ms jayo surprised me with 2 tickets for the pool game on the 15th looks like it's off to Manchester again for me grhhh

Looking forward to the trip mate
    She asked what I'd recommend so I said tickets for pool game for us and I'd get the jet out to fly over

MrMac84 wrote: »
    Surly that's a weekly wage not yearly

I...uh....

*runs*

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

If he wanted to go, we should still get big money for him, I know age is a factor but he would be a massive name in China

Why does this seem to be a think with Spanish and Portuguese teams, not the first time I've heard about this issue

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭Donnielighto

Hococop wrote: »
    If he wanted to go, we should still get big money for him, I know age is a factor but he would be a massive name in China

Why does this seem to be a think with Spanish and Portuguese teams, not the first time I've heard about this issue

Or Italians ðŸ˜႒

Hococop wrote: »

Because 3rd party ownership and stupid clauses was allowed in Portugal until last year and it's still a mess over there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,274 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

jayo26 wrote: »

Was Zaha's main problem not that he had a huge big schlong and a certain someone's daughter couldn't resist tasting it?

I'd say he'd be a United starter otherwise

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

We need to win our next two games

And the ones after that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

Was Zaha's main problem not that he had a huge big schlong and a certain someone's daughter couldn't resist tasting it?

I'd say he'd be a United starter otherwise

He was brutal at United any time he played. His form for Palace since he left does not suggest he would be any improvement on any of our current players.

Simon Stone
    Jose on if harder for Moyes than him @ManUtd "I wouldn't mind to be at club with great expectations. With Giggs, Chicharito, Vidic, Evra."

I absolutely adore that he named Hernandez in that list....

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/2471836/manchester-united-david-moyes-fergie-staff-bryan-robson/

Robson gives his verdict on Moyes and LVG and it's not good. A change from toeing the party line."Moyes had £250 million to spend but fecked around" was one comment.

Simon Stone
    Jose on if harder for Moyes than him @ManUtd "I wouldn't mind to be at club with great expectations. With Giggs, Chicharito, Vidic, Evra."

I absolutely adore that he named Hernandez in that list....

He was a player that was undervalued by moyes and LVG i remember when he went on loan to Madrid he wasn't getting games until benzema got an injury then get scored in a few games continuous and then was dropped again. He only needed a few games to settle he was class imagine him and Ander in the side the passion they show.

Another win today please.

Pity it is not on the usual channels later today. Time for Jose to quieten Moyes after his recent comments.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,992 ✭✭✭paulbok

Another win today please.

Pity it is not on the usual channels later today. Time for Jose to quieten Moyes after his recent comments.

Not that it will be needed, but Moyes will finally have motivated a United team for a game.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement