Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2017

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,054 ✭✭✭wanderer100

Pogba is the f**king man!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Mkhitaryan :D

MICKY!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,690 ✭✭✭ElChe32

Pick that out!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,229 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Oh my God!

My God Mkhitaryan, that ball had a family.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Delightful from United love it.

That finish gets better every replay.

Cheeky finish from Mkhitaryan.

Arsenal taking the lead. Bollocks

• Advertisement

No clean sheet today

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,777 ✭✭✭jimmytwotimes 2013

If Martial could find form, himself and Mkhitaryan wud do wreck.

jayo26 wrote: »
    No clean sheet today

tbf it was a wonder goal

Jones and Rojo were beast again

Arsenal so frickin lucky!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

Brilliant result. Pity about Arsenal getting the winner but of we keep winning then we'll get there. Beating these teams we're expecting to beat is great.

Arsenal so frickin lucky!!!

Giroud gets so many late winners. Amazing.

Mkhitaryan's goal again

https://streamable.com/y9vq7

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

Zlatan didn't have his best of games and yet had a goal and two assists. Just love him.

Miki adds so much to the team so bloody exciting and I think Martial is getting closer and closer to top form. Even today he had some lovely runs and touches and seems to have a bit of belief about him again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,136 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

That goal!! Who gives a bollox if it was offside !!

Happy fooking christmas.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Didn't think Ibra was having a good game, but then he went into God mode near the end :pac:

Dat Mkhitarian goal :eek:

Above all else, no matter what happens this season, I am so grateful to Jose for letting me enjoy games again. Just sitting here grinning.

11 games unbeaten now?

All we can do is keep winning and the others have to drop points playing each other. Arsenal were lucky but they also dominated by look of stats 20 attempt and 75 percent possession.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

Mourinho kind of looked like a broken man celebrating the 3rd goal there

Should we be worried?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

We look so much more dangerous going forward when Mikhi plays.

Zlatan continuing to defy his critics and time itself.

He is just a monster of an athlete.

Pogs all over the place (in a good way) again.

Good performance.

Things are looking brighter with each game.

As frustrating as Ibra is, he keeps on delivering:)

2 assists and a goal - legend

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,250 ✭✭✭limnam

If WBA could have held out it would really been the icing on the cake.

Miki's finish, sublime.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

Should we be worried?

He didn't get the poker set he wanted from Santa cos he kicked the water bottle.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,304 ✭✭✭madcabbage

Just looked at that goal again, mother of god!! :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

Oh and ref was brutal as usual. Definite peno for Mata in the first half and looked like one on Ibra in the second, although I'd have to see that again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,250 ✭✭✭limnam

Should we be worried?

A broken man?

Watching that finish? I think he creamed his pants.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Off for pints now and in a happy mood.:):)

• Advertisement

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Didn't think Ibra was having a good game, but then he went into God mode near the end :pac:

Dat Mkhitarian goal :eek:

Above all else, no matter what happens this season, I am so grateful to Jose for letting me enjoy games again. Just sitting here grinning.

11 games unbeaten now?

I actually thought that he had a great game throughout. His hold-up play and movement with the ball outside the box was really effective. There were a few games so far where I thought that he would disappear despite getting a goal or an assist, but today wasn't one of them. He got 2 assists and 1 goal for himself, but looked dangerous throughout and he would be my shout for MOTM.

Anyway, we might disagree on that but I agree with the rest of your post, great performance and result. That strike from Borini at the end won't dampen my spirits too much. Clean sheets and goal difference are important, but at the moment I'm delighted with the 3 points and the progress in the football.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Enjoyed that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 990 ✭✭✭Ted111

It's that jimmygreavesesque quality of doing nothing for an hour and
    then expertly capitalising on the first half chance.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,755 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Mkhitaryan said it was the best goal he has ever scored.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,843 ✭✭✭GSPfan

Was Mkhitaryan offside? By much?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,597 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

GSPfan wrote: »
    Was Mkhitaryan offside? By much?

Bout a yard, Linesman was miles behind the line though so it was no wonder he didn't spot it

Jose again has said Zlatan is staying another season, that nothing is signed but in Zlatan's own head he is staying, he is in Jose's own plans for next season and the board of the club are also on the same page.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,006 ✭✭✭beno619

Pogba was fantastic today.

Put in the kind of performance I was told he couldn't by posters who had watched him at Juve.

I had my doubts based the Euro's and his early season form but he could turn into the proper all round midfielder adox has been banging on about.

Moyes - thought he could get something while it remained 1-0, United are playing well, but he blamed his own team for 'two bad goals to give away'.

He said he had only answered questions he had been asked in previous interviews.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,654 ✭✭✭✭Sand

RobertKK wrote: »
    Moyes - thought he could get something while it remained 1-0, United are playing well, but he blamed his own team for 'two bad goals to give away'.

He said he had only answered questions he had been asked in previous interviews.

I think his comments before about United flexing their fiscal strength in the transfer market being different were heavily twisted by the media to make it sound like an attack, when he was just asked a question and answered it. United are spending much more heavily in the past 2-3 seasons than they did in the 5-10 before that. He cant lie about it.

The problem Moyes always had is he never seems to be aware of the media not actually being his friends or being dishonest.

Right time for some blind optimism our 22 league game winning run starts today with A josesque 2-0 win.

1 down 21 to go

4 down 18 to go

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,075 ✭✭✭IamtheWalrus

Title challenge talk premature?

Title challenge talk premature?

No one is serious about it. We're still a mile behind Chelsea and they keep this fantastic run going so getting in the top four is all we want.

4 wins in a row but the table still isn't looking fantastic for us.

We really need to continue this form and hopefully in the next couple of games, clubs like Spurs, Arsenal, City f**k up and drop points

We really need to continue this form and hopefully in the next couple of games, clubs like Spurs, Arsenal, City f**k up and drop points

Well they have to pool are playing city next weekend and Chelsea have to play spurs so hopefully keep the run going.and whatever happens in the other game is good for us.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,948 ✭✭✭0gac3yjefb5sv7

Needs to happen ASAP as we will eventually draw/lose. This time last year we would have been 4th, 5 points off Leicester.

jayo26 wrote: »
    Well they have to pool are playing city next weekend and Chelsea have to play spurs so hopefully keep the run going.and whatever happens in the other game is good for us.
    Pheonix10 wrote: »
    Needs to happen ASAP as we will eventually draw/lose. This time last year we would have been 4th, 5 points off Leicester.

At the moment we are just keeping up with everyone else. As you say, eventually this streak of ours will end but before it does, we need the teams above us to slip up. Fingers crossed

At the moment we are just keeping up with everyone else. As you say, eventually this streak of ours will end but before it does, we need the teams above us to slip up. Fingers crossed

All we can do is keep winning we are doing a bit better then just keeping up 2 weeks ago we beat spurs and closed the gap on most the others above us all we can do is keep going as we are we still have to play all the teams above us and we playing alot better then we were last time round and a couple of them are looking alot weaker.

At moment 3rd or 4th is a great possibility and if we are really heading in right direction and have a stormer run then 2nd is possible but it's in our hands too an extent.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

Crazy how great zlatans record is but he has still missed so many great chances in most games

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement