Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2017

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,217 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

Yeah I'm sure Chelsea a whole 13 points ahead of Utd are really worried about You! :confused:

See, this is what happens when you comment without understanding what the guy you quoted was talking about.

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

See, this is what happens when you comment without understanding what the guy you quoted was talking about.

One would have thought it was pretty obvious.

Apparently not.

:/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,519 ✭✭✭Flint Fredstone

I wonder if Madrid and Barcelona are getting worried yet for next season too?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,217 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

****tin it

Fact

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,006 ✭✭✭beno619

Robson99 wrote: »
    I'm not pretending. It mighnt have been the magic one but it certainly was a big factor

Had nothing to do with the other part of my post you choose not to quote ayy ? ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,948 ✭✭✭0gac3yjefb5sv7

beno619 wrote: »
    Had nothing to do with the other part of my post you choose not to quote ayy ? ;)

How is this guy not getting a card. Clearly in here just to get a reaction.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,843 ✭✭✭GSPfan

Its hillarious my comment saying "other teams can worry about us" caused fans of other teams to react. Goes to show the level of attention we get from other fans. Biting their nails now as they see us finally get our act together and creep up behind them. The second we drop a point now they'll be in here quoting the hell out of us all.

I'm confident we will be in the top 3 by season end. Quote me on that in April.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

There's been a few popping in here lately to get a rise out of us. The only one that had a decent conversation was emmetkenny,the rest were just wumming.Maybe they are worried about the game in a fortnight or so.;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,843 ✭✭✭GSPfan

Its funny cause do any of them ever succeed? I rarely see anyone even bothered.

Bring on Middlesbrough and 3 more points. Bring on West Ham and hopefully 3 more points. Bring on Liverpool and guaranteed 3 more points.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Pheonix10 wrote: »
    How is this guy not getting a card. Clearly in here just to get a reaction.

Lads, you know what I'm going to say. Report, ignore. There's been two reported posts in this topic in the last 24 hours, and only one of them for an opposition fan coming in looking for a reaction.

Report and ignore. You know this by now. If someone comes fishing for a reaction and you give it to them, you're as much at fault for the disruption. Report, ignore.

Now, back to United please.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,396 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

GSPfan wrote: »
    Its funny cause do any of them ever succeed? I rarely see anyone even bothered.

Bring on Middlesbrough and 3 more points. Bring on West Ham and hopefully 3 more points. Bring on Liverpool and guaranteed 3 more points.

No points are guaranteed GSP.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,597 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

emmetkenny wrote: »
    No points are guaranteed GSP.

I agree, Boro will be a tough one :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,396 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

astradave wrote: »
    I agree, Boro will be a tough one :P

Can I quote you and GSP if you drop points over the next few :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

emmetkenny wrote: »
    Can I quote you and GSP if you drop points over the next few :D

As long as you don't try say the entire thread was of the same opinion :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭KaiserGunner

Its hillarious my comment saying "other teams can worry about us" caused fans of other teams to react. Goes to show the level of attention we get from other fans. Biting their nails now as they see us finally get our act together and creep up behind them. The second we drop a point now they'll be in here quoting the hell out of us all.

I'm confident we will be in the top 3 by season end. Quote me on that in April.

I'm an Arsenal fan and am no more worried about Man Utd than I am of Liverpool, Tottenham, Man City or Chelsea. It's going to be a dogfight for top 4 between all these sides apart from Chelsea who will finish their minimum. There really isn't much between these sides imo.

Man Utd are on a good run of form for the first time this season, so fair play in that regards. A good win against Tottenham in a tight game started the run off. However wins against Crystal Palace, West Brom and Sunderland are to be expected, 2 awful sides and a tricky but limited side in West Brom. Top 3 for Man Utd far from guaranteed and I'd say that for any side, bar maybe Chelsea.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,948 ✭✭✭0gac3yjefb5sv7

I'm an Arsenal fan and am no more worried about Man Utd than I am of Liverpool, Tottenham, Man City or Chelsea. It's going to be a dogfight for top 4 between all these sides apart from Chelsea who will finish their minimum. There really isn't much between these sides imo.

Man Utd are on a good run of form for the first time this season, so fair play in that regards. A good win against Tottenham in a tight game started the run off. However wins against Crystal Palace, West Brom and Sunderland are to be expected, 2 awful sides and a tricky but limited side in West Brom. Top 3 for Man Utd far from guaranteed and I'd say that for any side, bar maybe Chelsea.

Good post. From a United perspective I'd guess Spurs most likely to not get top 4, followed by Liverpool and you guys. I know you've never been outside it but I just can't see City or Chelsea not getting it. We may or may not get it but that's my hunch.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭KaiserGunner

Good post. From a United perspective I'd guess Spurs most likely to not get top 4, followed by Liverpool and you guys. I know you've never been outside it but I just can't see City or Chelsea not getting it. We may or may not get it but that's my hunch.

Yeah it's been rare that I've been worried about Arsenal finishing out the top 4, but it could realistically happen this season, 6 really good sides going for them top 4 spots so somebody has to miss out. I think it may come down to the head to head games involving the top 6. IMO there are a lot of poor sides this season from 7th or 8th position down who are there for the taken each weekend, making the top 6 "league" even more crucial.

Some good posts from KaiserGunner.
    I'd agree that that's a fair reflection of how the season will go. I have a feeling the games against each other will be more important than they have ever been. Lot of cannon fodder which I can't see any of the top six loosing too unless a complete off day is had so the points will be won and lost when the big 6 go head to head.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Man Utd are on a good run of form for the first time this season in three years, so fair play in that regards.

Fixed that for you :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,404 ✭✭✭xtal191

Supposedly next seasons 3rd jersey

manchester-united-17-18-third-kit-2.jpg

xtal191 wrote: »
    Supposedly next seasons 3rd jersey

manchester-united-17-18-third-kit-2.jpg

I see the away shirt already on sale on Aliexpress.
    I like the detail on the one above of the statue outside the ground.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,777 ✭✭✭jimmytwotimes 2013

I hope the sentencing judge reads the Mirror. Remember Tony Adams getting jail for drink driving but now these fellas laugh it off and get their agents to settle the fine on their behalf.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

zerks wrote: »
    I hope the sentencing judge reads the Mirror. Remember Tony Adams getting jail for drink driving but now these fellas laugh it off and get their agents to settle the fine on their behalf.

yaya toure was caught drink driving only a few weeks ago as well

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

zerks wrote: »

Adams was different though. Between 4 times and 25 times the legal limit and he crashed. I'm sure if firminhio was that much over the limit he will be in trouble.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,229 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

I would assume Liverpool fans are a demographic that The Mirror would not want to upset. They don't read The Sun, so The Mirror might be the major tabloid among Liverpool fans.

Don't think it's a media-wide laughing off of the Firmino thing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,075 ✭✭✭IamtheWalrus

Firminhio is a relative nobody, not English, nor England captain. I see no real hypocrisy here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

Firminhio is a relative nobody, not English, nor England captain. I see no real hypocrisy here.

Of course its still hypocrisy. Just because it isn't "news" doesn't change that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,026 ✭✭✭duffman13

Well you see it is actually hypocritical to judge Rooney differently cause he is English or the England Captain.

But to be honest id more blame the mirror for such a poxy headline, numerous people have been affected by drink drivers and that is a far from classy headline

This 2 day turnaround is going to cost someone points. Hopefully not us :)
    Whatever happened to Friday night football?
    Surely this Friday would have been ideal.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,508 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

This 2 day turnaround is going to cost someone points. Hopefully not us :)
    Whatever happened to Friday night football?
    Surely this Friday would have been ideal.

Hull Everton tomorrow night (assuming it is on tv)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,406 ✭✭✭Korat

We're playing good football and we are winning games. I literally cannot ask for more. The other teams can worry about us because we're not worrying about them.

Very true.

You could only misunderstand the latter part of your post if you didn't know what regularly leading and battling for titles was like and how it's a very different set of concerns to when you're bouncing around mid-table with limited expectations maybe hoping to actually avoid a Europa League place. :p

In fairness I think some Utd fans may start suffering nose bleeds too if Jose can get Utd back up there looking down not up. :)

Onwards and upwards!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

Good post. From a United perspective I'd guess Spurs most likely to not get top 4, followed by Liverpool and you guys.

From your perspective, not a Utd perspective. You still haven't given any reason why you think Liverpool won't get top four.

That Mirror headline is pretty disgusting, even by tabloid standards.

So the reports doing the rounds today are that united have shelved plans for January move for lindleof because jose is so impressed with Phil Jones.

I have no worries about the ability of Jones and smalling and rojo covering January when Bailey is away bit its injuries id be worried about I really hope Jones has turned a corner with his fitness and we finally going to get to see him been the defender we all thought he would be when we signed him from Blackburn.

Hull Everton tomorrow night (assuming it is on tv)

Didn't realise that. A full schedule tomorrow night would make sense rather than playing Saturday and again on Monday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,597 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

Didn't realise that. A full schedule tomorrow night would make sense rather than playing Saturday and again on Monday.

Friday night match is live on Sky Sports 1

Celtic vs Rangers on Sky Sports 1 Saturday Noon

United vs Boro Sky Sports 5 Ireland Saturday at 3pm

Pool vs City BT Sports 1 Saturday @ 5.15pm

Watford vs Spurs and Arsenal vs Palace are the Sunday games

Boro vs Leicester Sky Sports 1 Monday at 12.30

No 3pm game shown Monday

West Ham vs United Sky Sports 1 Monday @ 17.15

Bournemouth vs Arsenal Sky Sports 1 Tuesday @ 19.45

Spurs vs Chelsea Sky Sports 1 Wednesday @ 8pm

Safe to say we will have your fill of football on the TV over the next 5 days starting tomorrow :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

jayo26 wrote: »
    So the reports doing the rounds today are that united have shelved plans for January move for lindleof because jose is so impressed with Phil Jones.

I have no worries about the ability of Jones and smalling and rojo covering January when Bailey is away bit its injuries id be worried about I really hope Jones has turned a corner with his fitness and we finally going to get to see him been the defender we all thought he would be when we signed him from Blackburn.

I wouldn't be particularly surprised by the news, I think Jose still wants to replace a few of them but it isn't something he needs to force, the defenders we have will do perfectly well until the summer so no need to pay over the odds or get involved in complicated deals.

I wouldn't be particularly surprised by the news, I think Jose still wants to replace a few of them but it isn't something he needs to force, the defenders we have will do perfectly well until the summer so no need to pay over the odds or get involved in complicated deals.

Injuries permitting yeh we are well stocked thankfully. It really looks like Carricks position is the thinnest covered in the squad and possibly right back but even there we have darmian and valencia. Don't think we ever gonna get tfm given a runout even in a cup game at cdm.

You think the Mirror has an anti Utd agenda or whats your point?

I seen some social media pages pushing this and it's doing what is probably intended- getting plenty of clicks for people that fall for it.

Comparing the two cases is silly, they are completely different.

Firmino will get punishment if he's guilty.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

jayo26 wrote: »
    Injuries permitting yeh we are well stocked thankfully. It really looks like Carricks position is the thinnest covered in the squad and possibly right back but even there we have darmian and valencia. Don't think we ever gonna get tfm given a runout even in a cup game at cdm.

plenty of players can play there, Sweignsteiger, Schneiderlain, Fellaini, Herrera, Pogba, Fosu Mensah, Blind, but just none of them are as good as carrick in that position when they play there

RoboKlopp wrote: »

I seen some social media pages pushing this and it's doing what is probably intended- getting plenty of clicks for people that fall for it.

I didn't make any point. I just copied the link to the tweet.

I didn't make any point. I just copied the link to the tweet.

Sound.

You agree with the tweet though? That was what my point was about

Sound.

You agree with the tweet though? That was what my point was about

I think the headline is in bad taste and that's about it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

Im surmising that its highlighting the different treatment of the two players from the media.

Rooney got lambasted from pretty much all quarters for staying in a hotel and getting pissed.

Firimino got done for drink driving and at least one media outlet makes a massive pun about it.

Double standards.

Its likely more to do with Rooney been the England captain but its still in very poor taste from that paper.

You are right. Drink driving is a lot worse than just drinking.

It's in no way a reach to see it as hypocrisy from the paper.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

It's not an anti United agenda at all. It does, however, highlight that Rooney gets incredibly harsh treatment in the press at times. It's no surprise, the English always cannibalise their own.

I say this as a major critic of Rooney and his inability to keep it together off-field for certain phases in his career.

As an aside, what is the deal with rival team fans picking through this thread these days for things to be offended by?

bangkok wrote: »
    plenty of players can play there, Sweignsteiger, Schneiderlain, Fellaini, Herrera, Pogba, Fosu Mensah, Blind, but just none of them are as good as carrick in that position when they play there

Quantity over quality. None of the above play there as their natural position.
    We won't get away with an aging Carrick for long and against the better teams hence my belief that it is the one area Jose will definitely be looking to buy for soon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,113 ✭✭✭the whole year inn

yaya toure was caught drink driving only a few weeks ago as well

I'm not saying its OK what he done, but he said it was a mistake on his part that he didn't know he was drinking alcohol , he thought he was drinking coke . His religious beliefs don't allow him to drink and he stuck to that when he wouldnt drink or use the champagne after he won a cup. I d belive him tho many don't. Saying that he should be punished banned for driving.

• Advertisement

Why did u just state the obvious :) of course plenty can play there but they aint as good if they were as good I'd of said we have loads of cover for Carrick too.

Crikey bangkok sometimes you take the biscuit even by your standard.

Anyway another thing is that even if they were pretty good I think I said it before that it's not that Carrick is soo good its that he is so simple he don't try risky stuff or he don't drift out of position he is a dependable and rigid defensive midfielder that can pick out a forward pass without loosing the ball.

When Fellaini played a similar role early in the season he did well but he drove forward too much that left pogba and the defense exposed.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement